PDA

View Full Version : [RWBY] Sanctum: RWBY in the Playground OOC 2 - Oh My God, You Really Exploded!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Hawkflight
2013-09-25, 07:26 PM
Previously, on Sanctum Academy....

What is Beacon Academy anyway?

Sanctum Academy is part of the setting for the Rooster Teeth webisode series called RWBY. It's a short series so far, but a very fun one that's caught the attention of a not small part of the forums who have shown a marked interest in playing around in the world that Monty Oum has created.

Many years ago, in a world known as Vytal, mankind lived in peace. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. That is, until the arrival of the Grimm, malevolent creatures who emerged from the darkness to attack humanity. To fight back, mankind harnessed a magical energy source known as 'Dust' and used its power to not only drive back the Grimm, but also to catalyze the growth of civilization across the planet. In the present day, 'Hunters' are trained in special schools to harness the dust and become protectors of the peace. Both from the criminals and creatures of Grimm as well....

This game is based on the setting of RWBY, but doesn't take place at Beacon in order to give everyone involved more of a say in what's going on, since a lot isn't known about RWBY's setting yet. This way there's less potential conflict with canon. Sanctum is an academy like Signal in the Mistral Region where Hunters receive their initial training before moving on to a more advanced school like Beacon. It's fairly close to city of Meadow, an industrial powerhouse that develops much of the machinery that the four cities of Vytal uses with a sizable Faunas workforce. Also in Meadow is Pharos Academy, a prep-school equivalent to Signal in RWBY.

Okay, but how is it different from, say, Nexus?

It differs in several important ways.

First, it is a lot more uniform than the usual 'anything goes' freeform. You have hunters (huntresses), teachers at Sanctum, criminals, and the creatures called Grimm, but not like ... cyborgs or lich-ghosts ... unless the show contradicts this of course! Also, there's the Frontier Corporation, a corrupt company that manufactures weapons and robots. Its head, a prodigy teenager named Aurum, lives at the school and his company is a sponsor of the school.

Second, the plot of Sanctum is going to be more directed. Players come up with their own plots, get people to participate in them, and have a blast! Just make sure everyone is on board with what you are doing, to keep trouble from coming up down the line. MAKE SURE EVERYONE IS ON BOARD WITH WHAT YOU ARE DOING. We had trouble with this in the last thread, please don't repeat it here. If something over-arching develops, that's great! If not, also fine! Also, please try to keep to the tone of RWBY. We don't want this getting grimdark.

Third, Sanctum is self-contained. It does not connect to other settings so come up with something nice for Sanctum rather then just...porting over something you've done before.

How do I start?

Well, you want to post a character in this thread, and the character registry when it goes up, so everyone can find information on your character and so people can give you helpful criticism on it.

To prevent a pattern that is all too easy to fall into, it's good to point out the fact that passive actions don't tend to get much attention.

With that in mind, make sure your character is alright then post away!

What abilities are there?

Well, from what has been seen in Rwby, there's three real abilities to keep in mind. What weapon your character has (if any) that they specialize in since people only have one weapon it seems. How strong their Aura is and what they can do with it. Finally, do they use Dust and, if so, what sort do they use? Dust can be sorta nebulous since...uh...not much is known about it aside from the actual dust form of Dust is more powerful then the crystal form and the different colors can have very different effects. So don't go too crazy on what sort of Dust you carry around.

There are rules, right?

Sorta.

Firstly, no godmodding (or godmoding). A far better explanation of godmodding than I can give is here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1633965&postcount=5)

Second, please remember that we plan to have a directed plot. Please run any major spanners in the works past guys on this thread first because some people put a lot of work/effort into their plots and can get touchy when things just happen to screw them up, especially when nobody even talked to them about it. So, you know...just be courteous!

Third, don't ruin anyone else's fun. I can't stress this enough.

Fourth, have fun!

Things to consider but not really rules!
Consider asking to join in fights before jumping in.
Please respect that all plots might not be open. Alternatively, if you yourself want to keep a fight cordoned off from other participants, say so in the OOC, at the beginning of your post, or both.
TALK major fights over with your opponent!
In my experience, this is the biggest problem for FFRPs that involve combat since most people don't want to look weak or helpless. People will get into fights and then arguments start about who's going to win or what happen. Arguments that can be easily avoided by talking it out and coming to an agreeable conclusion.
Don't argue in the OOC!
They make the atmosphere oppressive, they make things less fun, and generally unpleasant and maybe even make the arguments larger than they need be. So, if you have a problem with someone, try to talk it out in PM or IM before using the OOC. This is different from helpful debate or giving advice.
These guidelines/loose rules might be viable to change or be added on to as issues come up, but the bases are covered pretty well.

Important Links
Character Rosters (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16091201#post16091201)
The RWBY series in all it's glory! (http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=6052&v=more)
IC Thread #1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303595)
IC Thread #2 (Current) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306013)
First OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303570)
Second OOC Thread (You Are Here) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305479)
Third OOC Thread (Current) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312678)

Helpful Character Template-thingy:

Name:
Fairy Tale Motif: (If you have one in mind!)

Appearance:

Biography:

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

Weapon:

Dust/Aura:

Original post written by Callos_DeTerran, modified by Hawkflight.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-25, 07:27 PM
You win this round, but just wait till last time. :smalltongue:

Hawkflight
2013-09-25, 07:29 PM
You win this round, but just wait till last time. :smalltongue:

Wait till ... what? :smallconfused:

Prince_Selm
2013-09-25, 07:30 PM
Yay! Important links

Arkhosia
2013-09-25, 07:30 PM
What's Aurum gonna do to Cael's weapons?

Prince_Selm
2013-09-25, 07:32 PM
Oh, is anyone uninvolved in the ic?

Hattish Thing
2013-09-25, 07:36 PM

I know exactly what I'm talking about.

AnimeKid
2013-09-25, 07:40 PM
Kind of amazing how quickly we needed a new OOC thread.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-25, 07:41 PM
Kind of amazing how quickly we needed a new OOC thread.

Just wait until I build the Death Star. lol swagon

Hawkflight
2013-09-25, 07:42 PM
I know exactly what I'm talking about.

I'm glad one of us does.

So, I find myself curious what Aurum would do to Kitty's weapon. Or even if he would try, or if he still considers it too far below him. Or if Kitty would even let him. :smalltongue:

Hattish Thing
2013-09-25, 07:44 PM
I'm glad one of us does.

So, I find myself curious what Aurum would do to Kitty's weapon. Or even if he would try, or if he still considers it too far below him. Or if Kitty would even let him. :smalltongue:

I can't just tell you! That'd be no fun at all. Who knows, maybe he'll rig it to record her in her sleep or something.

Or vibrate.

Or explode.

Or speak.

Or all four.

thebladeofchaos
Silven and Falcon are free...both are in the spare dorms for the outcasts and unwanted new recruits yet to be placed into a team.

BTW, whoever said about playing matchmaker...yes, as long as you don't pair the teams up and make curse words in the team name. Everyone is worried what happened to team C***

Leliel
All right, I'm open.

Did Kerfuffle post yesterday and did I get a response about a free goal area? It's an awful lot of posts between here and yesterday, and I really don't feel like clawing through them after today. Lots of horse trouble.

*coughs politely*

Prince_Selm
2013-09-25, 07:46 PM
Im gonna have medi find falcon if its okay.

And leliel, i have no idea. Sorry

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-25, 07:46 PM
Sure thing.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-25, 07:48 PM

I'm getting the weirdest sense of deja vu.

Now, hmm.

The Cael, Aurum, Kedra thing will be fun.

Hiro Protagonest
2013-09-25, 07:49 PM

You got him last time, he got you this time.

Fridge Brilliance! :smalltongue:

Hawkflight
2013-09-25, 07:50 PM

Now, hmm.

The Cael, Aurum, Kedra thing will be fun.

That should not have been reposted. :smallconfused:

Hattish Thing
2013-09-25, 07:51 PM
That should not have been reposted. :smallconfused:

We've broken the forum.

Prince_Selm
2013-09-25, 07:58 PM
Apologiees for the blinding yellow. Im away from where i wrote the hex code

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-25, 08:00 PM
pst, Selm....Falcon's half relaxing half waiting
EDIT: Ah, ok, sorry.

Hawkflight
2013-09-25, 08:12 PM
If anyone wants to follow Kitty up to the dorm, feel free. I wasn't deadtiming or looking for a private scene with Rebecca.

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-25, 08:14 PM
Unless Selm says otherwise, feel free to join his and my pair.

Arkhosia
2013-09-25, 08:16 PM
Could Falcon or Silvern please meet Cael?

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-25, 08:17 PM
It's an open invite I suppose. I mean, it's not like I'd say no

Prince_Selm
2013-09-25, 08:33 PM
Almost to my computer. It means longer and less blinding posts

Arkhosia
2013-09-25, 08:39 PM
Kitty smiled and nodded, leading the way back to the dorm.

----

Once in her dorm room, she sighed and collapsed on one of the bunk beds. One of the bottom ones, not hers, possibly Alex's. When she realized it wasn't her bed, she rolled over and flopped onto the floor.

Nooooo! You squished Teddy-cat! :smalltongue:

Prince_Selm
2013-09-25, 08:40 PM
Nooooo! You squished Teddy-cat!

This RP just got WAY too dark.

I'm out.

Bye.

Not Really

KerfuffleMach2
2013-09-25, 08:49 PM
*coughs politely*

Yeah, I did. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16085429&postcount=888)

Don't know about anybody saying there's an open area, but I think we can just assume there is one.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-25, 09:07 PM
This RP just got WAY too dark.

I'm out.

Bye.

Not Really

Started laughing, then stopped. Heh?

Prince_Selm
2013-09-25, 09:09 PM
What is the most important rule of these forums? Don't quote Whitetext.

Son, I am disapoint.

Hiro Protagonest
2013-09-25, 09:18 PM
Bluh, not sure if I'm going to submit my character at all... roleplay is too hard...

Hattish Thing
2013-09-25, 09:18 PM
What is the most important rule of these forums? Don't quote Whitetext.

Son, I am disapoint. Hahahahahahaahahahahahahahaahahahhaahhaahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaa!

I break your tiny mortal rules.

Arkhosia
2013-09-25, 09:19 PM
Bluh, not sure if I'm going to submit my character at all... roleplay is too hard...

Easy: It's you as a teacher!

Hiro Protagonest
2013-09-25, 09:22 PM
Easy: It's you as a teacher!

I pretty much did that. Except I'm a janitor. :smalltongue:

But I'm the kind of guy who put down Planescape: Torment after twenty minutes, and has never played any other CRPG. Not Baldur's Gate, not Mass Effect, nothing. It's the one video game genre I don't play. Roleplaying is taking that to the next level.

Hawkflight
2013-09-25, 09:22 PM
*pokes AnimeKid*

Arkhosia
2013-09-25, 09:25 PM
I pretty much did that. Except I'm a janitor. :smalltongue:

But I'm the kind of guy who put down Planescape: Torment after twenty minutes, and has never played any other CRPG. Not Baldur's Gate, not Mass Effect, nothing. It's the one video game genre I don't play. Roleplaying is taking that to the next level.

I think the interaction, although not physical, should be at least some comfort. In all the other games, it's just AI, after all.

AnimeKid
2013-09-25, 09:32 PM
*pokes AnimeKid*

Sorry about taking so long. I was eating and I'm going to do the dishes soon.

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-25, 09:57 PM
Thanks guys, now every time I post as Falcon here, all I can think of is 'FALCON SPEAK'

Hiro Protagonest
2013-09-25, 10:03 PM
Thanks guys, now every time I post as Falcon here, all I can think of is 'FALCON SPEAK'

Just doin' my job. :smalltongue:

Arkhosia
2013-09-25, 10:04 PM
All our characters have to spend a feat to learn Bird in order to communicate with her

AnimeKid
2013-09-25, 10:07 PM
All our characters have to spend a feat to learn Bird in order to communicate with her

Cael just outright disregarded what Kedra said didn't she?:smalltongue:

ImpSyndrome
2013-09-25, 10:08 PM
Just now realized that I've made a weapon named "Flightless Hawk", and there's a player in this RP named "Hawkflight"...Hope that doesn't put you off, friend; totally coincidental, I swear it.

In other news, I'll be going to sleep shortly, so likely no more from me for at least 9 hours. See you all tomorrow.

Arkhosia
2013-09-25, 10:09 PM
Ah come on, he wasn't Sprinkling nice! That was a downpour of nice!

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-25, 10:14 PM
Don't make me come over there

AnimeKid
2013-09-25, 10:15 PM
Ah come on, he wasn't Sprinkling nice! That was a downpour of nice!

"It didn't ring any bells that he was only that nice too you? I would have strangle that amount of kindness towards me out of him."

Arkhosia
2013-09-25, 10:16 PM
Aurum's alignment is obviously "He's not evil. I can change him"

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-25, 10:17 PM
'He's not evil, he's just so far up the hill of good that he's become infinite in alignment points'

Hattish Thing
2013-09-25, 10:20 PM
'He's not evil, he's just so far up the hill of good that he's become infinite in alignment points'

Aurum is manipulative and horrible. :smalltongue:

And awkwardly cute.

ITS A TRAP.

Hawkflight
2013-09-25, 10:20 PM
Just now realized that I've made a weapon named "Flightless Hawk", and there's a player in this RP named "Hawkflight"...Hope that doesn't put you off, friend; totally coincidental, I swear it.

In other news, I'll be going to sleep shortly, so likely no more from me for at least 9 hours. See you all tomorrow.

Nah, I getcha. It's a good name. I was honestly more confused by someon called Falcon 'Hawk'. :smalltongue:

Besides, I'm a cat anyways.

Aurum's alignment is obviously "He's not evil. I can change him"

And now I'm reminded of Beauty and the Beast. Which I consider a terrible movie. *prepares to be stoned*

Hattish Thing
2013-09-25, 10:22 PM
Nah, I getcha. It's a good name. I was honestly more confused by someon called Falcon 'Hawk'. :smalltongue:

Besides, I'm a cat anyways.

And now I'm reminded of Beauty and the Beast. Which I consider a terrible movie. *prepares to be stoned*

I'm always stoned.

Oh... wait...

Prince_Selm
2013-09-25, 10:23 PM

Sorry :smallredface:

Arkhosia
2013-09-25, 10:28 PM
I found Aurum's true race when in presence of Cael!
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295295

Hattish Thing
2013-09-25, 10:30 PM
...You do know it's... an act... right?

Hawkflight
2013-09-25, 10:32 PM
So, I suddenly find myself wanting to play a girl with a giant cannon that looks like a watermelon.

"Check out THESE melons!"

Arkhosia
2013-09-25, 10:32 PM
...You do know it's... an act... right?

Yep! But Cael doesn't. Man is she going to be angry.
@Hawk: you do Team RACK a great service with that character.

AnimeKid
2013-09-25, 11:14 PM
For.. a dream image of him saying something mean? That's sensible.

But, he's just sitting there.

Your missin' the point man. He like, caused her all sorts of distress and stuff. Dreams don't just spring from the aether dude. They come from, like your subconscious mind. His full impact on Kitty is totally hitting Alexandra dude, and that ain't no pretty picture.

Hawkflight
2013-09-25, 11:16 PM
Your missin' the point man. He like, caused her all sorts of distress and stuff. Dreams don't just spring from the aether dude. They come from, like your subconscious mind. His full impact on Kitty is totally hitting Alexandra dude, and that ain't no pretty picture.

Is it bad that I read this in Shaggy's voice from Scooby Doo?

Hattish Thing
2013-09-25, 11:18 PM
Is it bad that I read this in Shaggy's voice from Scooby Doo?

Cant take it seriously.

AnimeKid
2013-09-25, 11:19 PM
I was going for a hippy vibe.:smallbiggrin:

@Hatter;Hey Shaggy was always serious. He and Scooby were the only ones concious of the fact that could from half the crap they have to do.

Hawkflight
2013-09-25, 11:24 PM
Kitty looked up at the ceiling for a moment. "....You wanna look at it?" she finally asked.

I probably don't need to say it, but I feel the need to point out how much of a gesture this is. When she says that, she's giving full carte blanche. The only other people she would give that is her dad and ... that's pretty much it. The rest of her family doesn't have the technical know-how, and she probably wouldn't even give it to professor Barlowe without supervision.

AnimeKid
2013-09-25, 11:32 PM
I probably don't need to say it, but I feel the need to point out how much of a gesture this is. When she says that, she's giving full carte blanche. The only other people she would give that is her dad and ... that's pretty much it. The rest of her family doesn't have the technical know-how, and she probably wouldn't even give it to professor Barlowe without supervision.

....Wow. I mean, I knew it was significant. I just didn't know it was that significant.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-25, 11:34 PM
"You wanna look at it...?"

Out of context.

Oh gods no.

Hawkflight
2013-09-25, 11:41 PM
....Wow. I mean, I knew it was significant. I just didn't know it was that significant.

Oh, wait, and the head of the orphanage she was adopted from. Again, if she had the technical know-how.

So counting Alex and the rest of her teammates, that's ... 6, possibly 8 people she would trust with it if they had the technical know-how. Pared down to 2 or 3 due to lack of said technical know-how, aka, "You'll break it! :("

Maybe there's a teacher from Pharos Academy too, bringing it up +1, but I haven't quite fleshed out that part of her backstory yet. ^^;

"You wanna look at it...?"

Out of context.

Oh gods no.

You said it, not me.

EDIT: @AnimeKid: Yeah, sorry for any miscommunication there. Briefcase form is basically just Crescent Rose's compact form with a different look and a locking mechanism. And it looks like a suitcase with warning stripes. Classy.

AnimeKid
2013-09-26, 12:20 AM
Wow, I'm starting to think that Alexandra's role on the team is The Heart. Two members of Team Rack have had personal, moving scenes with her already.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-26, 12:24 AM
Wow, I'm starting to think that Alexandra's role on the team is The Heart. Two members of Team Rack have had personal, moving scenes with her already.

Then I'm officially claiming Cael as the one that turns to the dark side with Aurum. :smalltongue:

Calemyr
2013-09-26, 12:27 AM

RACK has a lot of heart, although I will admit I think of Pyrrha when I think of Alexandra.

My characters, on the other hand, seem to specialize in screwing with everyone's heads - largely via off-hand remarks. Barlowe, it makes sense for. I would almost dare say it's intentional for him. Still it's an odd pattern.

AnimeKid
2013-09-26, 12:30 AM
RACK has a lot of heart, although I will admit I think of Pyrrha when I think of Alexandra.

My characters, on the other hand, seem to specialize in screwing with everyone's heads - largely via off-hand remarks. Barlowe, it makes sense for. I would almost dare say it's intentional for him. Still it's an odd pattern.

Really? I will admit I had Pyrrha's character model in mind when I described Alexandra's looks. Other than that though what about Alexandra reminds you of Pyrrha?

Calemyr
2013-09-26, 12:39 AM
Really? I will admit I had Pyrrha's character model in mind when I described Alexandra's looks. Other than that though what about Alexandra reminds you of Pyrrha?

The character simply reminds me of a very strong, very competent young woman who is an absolute sweetheart that doesn't quite feel right in her own skin.

I mean, seriously, Pyrrha has got looks, strength, skill, and wisdom, and all of them to spare, but she has about the self-esteem of a puppy. Of course, she's one of my two favorite characters - Pyrrha is my favorite as a character, but I just love watching Yang cut loose.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-26, 12:42 AM
The character simply reminds me of a very strong, very competent young woman who is an absolute sweetheart that doesn't quite feel right in her own skin.

I mean, seriously, Pyrrha has got looks, strength, skill, and wisdom, and all of them to spare, but she has about the self-esteem of a puppy. Of course, she's one of my two favorite characters - Pyrrha is my favorite as a character, but I just love watching Yang cut loose.

Hmm... Does Aurum remind you of anyone? In actuality, I based him off Draco Malfoy's and Hannibal Lector's love child.

Hawkflight
2013-09-26, 12:46 AM

"I'm going with Alex! What? Everyone else went on a life changing field trip with Alex. Now it's my turn."

:smalltongue:

Hattish Thing
2013-09-26, 12:47 AM
"I'm going with Alex! What? Everyone else went on a life changing field trip with Alex. Now it's my turn."

:smalltongue:

Psh. Aurum's not going on any life trip with Alex. Or Kitty. Or anyone really...

Calemyr
2013-09-26, 12:49 AM
Hmm... Does Aurum remind you of anyone? In actuality, I based him off Draco Malfoy's and Hannibal Lector's love child.

Not a follower of Harry Potter, I'm afraid. If I were to equate him to someone in my experience, I would probably have to go with Luke Rattigan from Doctor Who: The Sontaran Stratagem. Luke is obscenely intelligent, but those brains have left him isolated and embittered enough that the idea of wiping out the human race and start anew on another planet with his students seemed like the ultimate victory.

The Doctor described him like this: "It’s not easy being clever, is it? You look at the world and you connect things. Random things, and think ‘Why can’t anyone else see it?’ The rest of the world is so slow… you’re on your own."

That's what I see of Aurum, a boy closed off from the outside world by his own intelligence, who has instead grown into himself and that has led to infection and rot.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-26, 12:50 AM
Not a follower of Harry Potter, I'm afraid. If I were to equate him to someone in my experience, I would probably have to go with Luke Rattigan from Doctor Who: The Sontaran Stratagem. Luke is obscenely intelligent, but those brains have left him isolated and embittered enough that the idea of wiping out the human race and start anew on another planet with his students seemed like the ultimate victory.

The Doctor described him like this: "It’s not easy being clever, is it? You look at the world and you connect things. Random things, and think ‘Why can’t anyone else see it?’ The rest of the world is so slow… you’re on your own."

That's what I see of Aurum, a boy closed off from the outside world by his own intelligence, who has instead grown into himself and that has led to infection and rot.

And I think you just essentially described Aurum as easily as humanly possible. You get all the kudos.

Hawkflight
2013-09-26, 12:58 AM
*reads the latest post*

I'll let AnimeKid take first post on this.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-26, 12:59 AM
*reads the latest post*

I'll let AnimeKid take first post on this.

Your tears are all the pay I'll ever need...

Hawkflight
2013-09-26, 01:00 AM
Your tears are all the pay I'll ever need...

I won't cry.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-26, 01:09 AM
I won't cry.

Oh you will be. You will be.

Hawkflight
2013-09-26, 01:10 AM
Oh you will be. You will be.

Nooo, pretty sure I won't.

AnimeKid
2013-09-26, 01:12 AM
so does Aurum just have being a d*ck down to an artform? Or would be an exact science considering his specialties?

Hattish Thing
2013-09-26, 01:13 AM
so does Aurum just have being a d*ck down to an artform? Or would be an exact science considering his specialties?

It's an exact science. A healthy dosage of dabbling in psychology, with a sadistic spirit, and an acidic tongue leads to... lots of hurt people.

I'm a very special boy.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-26, 02:27 AM
A good villain knows when to appear nice.

AnimeKid
2013-09-26, 02:29 AM
A good villain knows when to appear nice.

Yeah I'm actually in the middle of editting my post sice Hawlk posted with Kitty. I'll fix that in a sec.

Hawkflight
2013-09-26, 02:30 AM
Huh. I'm ... really not sure what to do with my next post. :smallconfused:

On the one hand, I could have Alex's post be after Aurum's, but I fear that would ruin the point of Alex's post. On the other, if I go with Alex's post, then I don't get to have Kitty be shocked at Aurum being nice.

What to do....

EDIT: That works.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-26, 02:31 AM
Edits will happen, then she can react to Aurum being nice, and Aurum's dating comments can sting a little more.

Cause he's a bastard.

AnimeKid
2013-09-26, 02:32 AM
Don't worry I fixed it. I don't want to rob you after all.

Hawkflight
2013-09-26, 02:37 AM
Edits will happen, then she can react to Aurum being nice, and Aurum's dating comments can sting a little more.

Cause he's a bastard.

Posted. Kitty's too shell-shocked to be disturbed about the dating thing now, that comes later.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-26, 02:43 AM
Posted. Kitty's too shell-shocked to be disturbed about the dating thing now, that comes later.

Aurum has plenty of plans ahead that will make Kitty much more disturbed.

What better way to hurt someone who doesn't like you then by kissing their best friend? :smallamused:

Hawkflight
2013-09-26, 03:57 AM
Deadtiming now, please don't leave me in the dust.

AnimeKid
2013-09-26, 04:14 AM
And now I wait.

Socratov
2013-09-26, 04:14 AM
You guys, I don't know if I should still bein this RP. It seems my participation times are antithetical to yours seeing how I live in timezones when everybody is generally asleep, never mind that when during the day I'm actually busy and come home in the afternoon everything has happened allready resulting in situations where Robin would have joined a scene (like the voice explosion of Kedra) I'm too late to include his involvement. At the moment the only one he can reliably interact with is Rip, but I don't want to be stuck to one person. My only problem wiht quitting is that I have (IMO) great characters, plotrelevant information and I like the setting. But still I have no way to actually take part in these games unless I forgo my sleep and move on to an american timezone posting scedule... (post at night, school during the day)

Well, you could ask people to wait up until you have a chance to post.

Also, may wanna move this to the new OOC thread.

We can try to slow down a bit. You have been posting a little bit better before. Plus the Robin was kind of in the wrong place for the Kedra scene. That was mostly a case of misunderstanding. You posted in the wrong place so there was really no one who could properly respond.

moving to the new thread, well my poit is every time I start posting agian it's time to read 6 pages of backlog in the OOC thread to see if I missed something, 3 to 4 pages of IC thread to see if I can actually contribute. Take this scene for instance:

everybody is at the forge, but Robin's weapons have only been used to give alsight light show, and is still in pristine condition, so I have nothing to look for in a forge. Luckily there is some ruckus about rokoran being acaptured and Kedra yelling the whole school awake. I can understand the enthusiasm of directly interacting on iwth it, it's kind of a big deal to be heard all over school, when people are still asleep, and moving on like nohting happened. Even when I revamped my action (walking around in search for the one doing the yelling) I am kind of lost. I don't know Kedra did this (IC), So I can only hope to encounter her or get lost and wait for a new scene to unfold. I could tattle to the staff about how I spied on Aurum and overheard him making plans for program beta (deviation form the norm) as supsicious, but I have no proof, which would mean this would be out of character for Robin. And although it's a lot of backlog to process, it's no big deal when you are present to take in a bit every time, however, if you are posting in a completely different timezone (difference of 8 through 10 hours) between me and team RACK (who seem to have become central to the plot) I don't really feel as if I actually participate. All I seem to do is retroactively place myself in situations or seriously slow the plot down and that is not a feeling I'm comfortable with. It would be quite another thing if there was a balancing group of Europe/UK/Africa based group counter to team RACK to keep up the posting, but as far as I know there is 1 (if [s]he is still there) person from the UK and that's it. Meaning I'm like the RP equivalent of a fifth wheel.

So I'm sorry to say, I'm leaving the RP. I did enjoy my brief time as a student at Sanctum

I have only 1 request: Grand DM you seem to understand the Librarian in terms of personality and interaction, will you take over the Librarian in all o fhis dark-orange, pyrophobic, Teslani hating glory?

Now ladies, gentlemen, Hatter:

I'll see you on the other side!

AnimeKid
2013-09-26, 04:25 AM
moving to the new thread, well my poit is every time I start posting agian it's time to read 6 pages of backlog in the OOC thread to see if I missed something, 3 to 4 pages of IC thread to see if I can actually contribute. Take this scene for instance:

everybody is at the forge, but Robin's weapons have only been used to give alsight light show, and is still in pristine condition, so I have nothing to look for in a forge. Luckily there is some ruckus about rokoran being acaptured and Kedra yelling the whole school awake. I can understand the enthusiasm of directly interacting on iwth it, it's kind of a big deal to be heard all over school, when people are still asleep, and moving on like nohting happened. Even when I revamped my action (walking around in search for the one doing the yelling) I am kind of lost. I don't know Kedra did this (IC), So I can only hope to encounter her or get lost and wait for a new scene to unfold. I could tattle to the staff about how I spied on Aurum and overheard him making plans for program beta (deviation form the norm) as supsicious, but I have no proof, which would mean this would be out of character for Robin. And although it's a lot of backlog to process, it's no big deal when you are present to take in a bit every time, however, if you are posting in a completely different timezone (difference of 8 through 10 hours) between me and team RACK (who seem to have become central to the plot) I don't really feel as if I actually participate. All I seem to do is retroactively place myself in situations or seriously slow the plot down and that is not a feeling I'm comfortable with. It would be quite another thing if there was a balancing group of Europe/UK/Africa based group counter to team RACK to keep up the posting, but as far as I know there is 1 (if [s]he is still there) person from the UK and that's it. Meaning I'm like the RP equivalent of a fifth wheel.

So I'm sorry to say, I'm leaving the RP. I did enjoy my brief time as a student at Sanctum

I have only 1 request: Grand DM you seem to understand the Librarian in terms of personality and interaction, will you take over the Librarian in all o fhis dark-orange, pyrophobic, Teslani hating glory?

Now ladies, gentlemen, Hatter:

I'll see you on the other side!

I can't stop you from leaving, though it seems like you just didn't know how to get into a scene. Asking OOC can usually help with that. Though I will admit trying to track to a person who screamed for a few seconds probably wasn't the best way to do it. If you really feel that you must then I wish you luck. Though at this rate RWBY might actually die out with how many players have been dropping lately. We need a way to bring more in.

Socratov
2013-09-26, 04:29 AM
Well, thank you Animekid,

Well, a good method would be to have people from a common timezone (delta 2 hours) to sign up for a team. This way they don't slow down the RP and they can start their own set of stories. I think the speed at which this RP moves coupled with a completley different timezone is what's breaking this RP up if it happens in any way...

Arkhosia
2013-09-26, 05:18 AM
*The whole date thing*
Quit while you're ahead, or I'll slug you. With a shotgun shell. And a shockwave.

Calemyr
2013-09-26, 07:47 AM

Well, a good method would be to have people from a common timezone (delta 2 hours) to sign up for a team. This way they don't slow down the RP and they can start their own set of stories. I think the speed at which this RP moves coupled with a completley different timezone is what's breaking this RP up if it happens in any way...

Just killing your character like that seems stupid. I mean, really stupid. Just out of nowhere, with no lead up and in a closed action? I'm not against a good death (obviously), but this feels like we're going from RWBY to... Super Jail (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Jail) or something.

If you want to leave, may I suggest Robin survives the assault by a very stressed out simian (the whole liquification thing being a metaphor), then drop out of the school because something is completely wrong in Sanctum. He can smell deception and corruption, and right now he can smell nothing but. As he leaves he asks those close to him to leave as well. Find another school. Just something. Because this, this is just wrong.

If you just don't want to write anymore, I'd be happy to RP that ending out in your stead. Right now, however, the only "bang" you're going out in is the gunshot from a nearby book repository.

ImpSyndrome
2013-09-26, 08:27 AM
Is it just me, or is Rip one of the few people fortunate enough to not become a target to Aurum? I find it odd that he's never once been approached by the genius, despite being in the same place at the same time on more than one occasion. ...Oh great, I just jinxed it, didn't I...?

Calemyr
2013-09-26, 08:38 AM
Is it just me, or is Rip one of the few people fortunate enough to not become a target to Aurum? I find it odd that he's never once been approached by the genius, despite being in the same place at the same time on more than one occasion. ...Oh great, I just jinxed it, didn't I...?

Rip isn't a girl. Aurum's actions, both violent and sycophantic, have thus far been targeted against girls or, in Rorukon's case, people who pose a very real threat to him. Rip hasn't presented himself as either. This is an outsider's perspective, of course, but I suspect Aurum doesn't know how to handle female peers, and the resulting discomfort and uncertainty has led him to act out around them far more strongly than he'd like to believe.

Socratov
2013-09-26, 09:01 AM
Just killing your character like that seems stupid. I mean, really stupid. Just out of nowhere, with no lead up and in a closed action? I'm not against a good death (obviously), but this feels like we're going from RWBY to... Super Jail (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Jail) or something.

If you want to leave, may I suggest Robin survives the assault by a very stressed out simian (the whole liquification thing being a metaphor), then drop out of the school because something is completely wrong in Sanctum. He can smell deception and corruption, and right now he can smell nothing but. As he leaves he asks those close to him to leave as well. Find another school. Just something. Because this, this is just wrong.

If you just don't want to write anymore, I'd be happy to RP that ending out in your stead. Right now, however, the only "bang" you're going out in is the gunshot from a nearby book repository.

Seems OK, it's just that my characters usually end in death or are still being played, it woudl certainly be new to me to actually retire a character

Calemyr
2013-09-26, 09:06 AM
Seems OK, it's just that my characters usually end in death or are still being played, it woudl certainly be new to me to actually retire a character

I would prefer it. Death should not occur in a story unless the situation calls for it, though even then people hear the call differently. You could leave the story with far more dramatic impact by being the one man sane enough to see the writing on the wall. Just let me know if you don't feel like doing it yourself. (It also means that, if you wish to, you could insert Robin into another RWBY school or may even end up crossing paths with Sanctum again.)

Also, just to put it out there, my take on the state of the game:

Sanctum, as it currently stands, reminds me less of RWBY and more of Bleach - namely, the early Rescue of Rukia arc. This isn't a complaint, really, as the Rescue of Rukia was probably the best arc in the anime to my mind. For those unfamiliar with it, it goes like this. Start with a firmly regimented, hierarchical military regime led by a few dozen elites with very strong personalities. This group is held together by one ancient badass, but only barely. When a conspiracy ends up manipulating events and convicting a young woman to execution for shaky justification, the unity of the organization strains. When a quartet of friends of the doomed girl break into their territory to free her, the entire organization descends into one massive, glorious clustercuddle.

Suddenly everyone is acting alone, driven by their own motivations and ideals. Some of the military captains are looking for duels to the death with the invaders, others are looking subdue them peacefully in the hopes of making sense of the situation. Some are tugging at the loose ends of the conspiracy, while others are willing to fight to the death against their own friends and family in order to uphold the good name of their regime. Everything breaks down into an asp nest of perspectives, where everybody has their own stake in events. And it was glorious.

It seems we're in a similar situation here. A conspiracy has broken the peace and unity of Sanctum. Faculty and students alike are breaking into factions based on their understanding of and reaction to events. Will it be glorious? That depends on the players.

lord pringle
2013-09-26, 09:25 AM
So, I'm not dead. I just got really busy. I'll post later today, but assume Rebecca is overjoyed about getting new weapons and feel free to god mod her around within reason.

Socratov
2013-09-26, 09:38 AM
I would prefer it. Death should not occur in a story unless the situation calls for it, though even then people hear the call differently. You could leave the story with far more dramatic impact by being the one man sane enough to see the writing on the wall. Just let me know if you don't feel like doing it yourself. (It also means that, if you wish to, you could insert Robin into another RWBY school or may even end up crossing paths with Sanctum again.)

Also, just to put it out there, my take on the state of the game:

Sanctum, as it currently stands, reminds me less of RWBY and more of Bleach - namely, the early Rescue of Rukia arc. This isn't a complaint, really, as the Rescue of Rukia was probably the best arc in the anime to my mind. For those unfamiliar with it, it goes like this. Start with a firmly regimented, hierarchical military regime led by a few dozen elites with very strong personalities. This group is held together by one ancient badass, but only barely. When a conspiracy ends up manipulating events and convicting a young woman to execution for shaky justification, the unity of the organization strains. When a quartet of friends of the doomed girl break into their territory to free her, the entire organization descends into one massive, glorious clustercuddle.

Suddenly everyone is acting alone, driven by their own motivations and ideals. Some of the military captains are looking for duels to the death with the invaders, others are looking subdue them peacefully in the hopes of making sense of the situation. Some are tugging at the loose ends of the conspiracy, while others are willing to fight to the death against their own friends and family in order to uphold the good name of their regime. Everything breaks down into an asp nest of perspectives, where everybody has their own stake in events. And it was glorious.

It seems we're in a similar situation here. A conspiracy has broken the peace and unity of Sanctum. Faculty and students alike are breaking into factions based on their understanding of and reaction to events. Will it be glorious? That depends on the players.
Ok, good argument

ImpSyndrome
2013-09-26, 09:44 AM
Rip isn't a girl. Aurum's actions, both violent and sycophantic, have thus far been targeted against girls or, in Rorukon's case, people who pose a very real threat to him. Rip hasn't presented himself as either. This is an outsider's perspective, of course, but I suspect Aurum doesn't know how to handle female peers, and the resulting discomfort and uncertainty has led him to act out around them far more strongly than he'd like to believe.
Hmm...Makes sense, I suppose. Now that I think about it, though, I really ought to work with Hatter to plan out that scene where Rip and Aurum butt heads for the first time; ought to be a very interesting match of wits between sniper/assassin and criminal genius.

Socratov
2013-09-26, 09:48 AM
Hmm...Makes sense, I suppose. Now that I think about it, though, I really ought to work with Hatter to plan out that scene where Rip and Aurum butt heads for the first time; ought to be a very interesting match of wits between sniper/assassin and criminal genius.

Protip, don't. Just don't. You won't win this.

Anyway, that's all folks, if you have any questions about the Librarian or the Library, you can reach me through PM.

ImpSyndrome
2013-09-26, 09:58 AM
Protip, don't. Just don't. You won't win this.

Anyway, that's all folks, if you have any questions about the Librarian or the Library, you can reach me through PM.
My friend, it wouldn't be about winning or losing; it'd be about establishing a psychological rivalry of sorts between the two of them.

Prince_Selm
2013-09-26, 09:59 AM
I like how the completely neurotic character in this RP seems to have the least external problems.

GrandDM
2013-09-26, 10:24 AM
Aurum has no chance of being caught now, his alibi is perfect, he has evidence he was not involed, and he even bunked with the victim.

So, it's a victory for him, now he just needs to find a person to pin the blame on.

We could blame a shadow student Rokoran failed, so the student planted evidence and tried to get Rokoran arrested. Student is taken away, and Rokoran continues teaching, while Aurum continues to be a horrible person. Sound good?

Yes, Aurum has definitely earned what he has. As you saw by the situation, he's rather intelligent and ruthless. A good combination.

I'm fine with that.

.....Just a random thought here, but I totally think the school should get an AI installed. It doesn't seem like it would be to far outside the realm of possibility for RWBY considering we have already seen some pretty advanced robots.

I'm totally not saying this because I think EDI would make a delightful addition to the school.

I second that.

Also, Socratov, I'm now slightly confused - are you leaving or not?

Calemyr
2013-09-26, 10:27 AM
Also, Socratov, I'm now slightly confused - are you leaving or not?

Unless he changed his mind, he is. He simply decided to go out in a little more dramatic way. Robin has left the story, but he's not dead.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-26, 10:29 AM
Aurum's hardly going to quit with Cael now! She's somewhat of a trophy to win at the moment, and he'll do his best to win her. And he can do quite a lot.

He really has only targetted females. He's a bizarre person. He finds women better than men, but himself better than both. Aurum could probably rip him apart...

Socratov, nooooo! Hey, PM me. I have an idea for you to stay.

Kedras the only one who's handled Aurum well. Apart from Caelynn.

GrandDM
2013-09-26, 10:30 AM
Right. I'll take over the Librarian, then.

Arkhosia
2013-09-26, 10:35 AM
I like how the completely neurotic character in this RP seems to have the least external problems.

It's hard to beat a girl with slight amnesia and is being manipulated by the main bad guy, a girl who has serious rage issues, a psychopathic boy with slight Lima Syndrome that's the main villain (currently) and a boy who is the only truly sane guy.

Prince_Selm
2013-09-26, 10:38 AM
So much angst. :smalltongue:

Arkhosia
2013-09-26, 10:39 AM
Khen's last name better be Hobbes. :smalltongue:

Calemyr
2013-09-26, 10:45 AM
Kedras the only one who's handled Aurum well. Apart from Caelynn.

I'm kinda looking forward to how Aurum reacts to the new Kaden, and vice-versa. She's either going to shake his hand or punch him out. I'm not sure which, and I don't think Kaden knows either.

Also, I'm going to make Kaden significantly more badass in combat now that she's back. Yellow Trailer grade badass. I hope she's earned it by now. I'm just not certain how much (if any) of her speech patterns will return. They were a facade, trying to act like, well, a hick to keep people from mistaking her for intelligent. They were also part of what she loved about being Kaden, however: the simple, straight forward, and unsophisticated approach.

Prince_Selm
2013-09-26, 11:08 AM
Wait... was Kedra in the hallway?

Is she still there?

Who was phone!?

GrandDM
2013-09-26, 11:09 AM
Is anyone going to respond to my Staff Meeting post? As far as I can tell, there are a lot of teachers online.

Calemyr
2013-09-26, 11:13 AM
Is anyone going to respond to my Staff Meeting post? As far as I can tell, there are a lot of teachers online.

Barlowe can't. He's so buried in work he can't focus on the phone. Hopefully his already expressed outrage at the situation is the only vote he needs.

Prince_Selm
2013-09-26, 11:16 AM

So, I'm biting the bullet and making my own mother as a character. Canonically she was busy the last few days and has only heard about things secondhand. She didn't show up to the meeting yet but can come in late anything.

Once the character is made, she'll step in.

Anyr
2013-09-26, 11:24 AM

Past-Gabriel has little interest in the evidence presented. He's just waiting for the order to either attack or stand down.

Calemyr
2013-09-26, 11:31 AM
So, I'm biting the bullet and making my own mother as a character. Canonically she was busy the last few days and has only heard about things secondhand. She didn't show up to the meeting yet but can come in late anything.

Once the character is made, she'll step in.

Read your description. Am I being too sensitive or does she sound an awful lot like Barlowe? (Note that Barlowe's not a mean guy at the forge, but during Aura training he's brutal. His fight with Kaden can be taken as a hint of how he is when he's instructing.)

Prince_Selm
2013-09-26, 11:36 AM
Read your description. Am I being too sensitive or does she sound an awful lot like Barlowe? (Note that Barlowe's not a mean guy at the forge, but during Aura training he's brutal. His fight with Kaden can be taken as a hint of how he is when he's instructing.)

Sorry, I somehow managed to read your appearance as your personality ("relaxed and laid back..") and it fit with what I've personally seen of you IC. I'll do a bit of tweaking.

EDIT: Okay, I think I've carved this out. Barlowe is the guy with the class from Hell, but the students who take the time to know him know that he's really on their side.

Kaera is the school disciplinarian. The one that you DEFINITELY don't want to find you because it's really not about their class. You will regret ever crossing them. She's in charge of detention and runs the Judicial Council to determine the penance of serious rulebreakers. Her teaching position is more of a "She already works here" and less of a "She really wants to be a teacher" thing

Calemyr
2013-09-26, 11:42 AM
Sorry, I somehow managed to read your appearance as your personality ("relaxed and laid back..") and it fit with what I've seen of you IC. I'll do a bit of tweaking.

Eh, you've got a fair point. The idea of Barlowe is that he is absolutely cool and quite friendly as a rule, but when he trains people he does not hold back. Even if he's polite and reserved in a fight, his talent for seeing exactly how to dismantle his opponent is supposed to make him a terrifying teacher once you've had him in a training class.

Felix put it this way about Kaden's injuries at one point: "If you weren't a freshman, I'd tell you K.C. Barlowe was involved and you wouldn't need any more explanation. As it is, I'll tell you that K.C. Barlowe was involved and you shouldn't need any more explanation."

That was the basic concept behind the character - someone who is so devoted to helping his students reach their potential that he'll become an absolute monster and push them far beyond any limits they've set for themselves.

Prince_Selm
2013-09-26, 11:45 AM
Edited in a response.

Tried to clarify the difference a bit. I didn't actually change the character in my head, just her role.

EDIT: The edit is in my last post, just to clarify.

Calemyr
2013-09-26, 11:51 AM
Edited in a response.

Tried to clarify the difference a bit. I didn't actually change the character in my head, just her role.

That's cool. I shouldn't really complain, I just read "protective physical instructor feared as that one teacher for a ruthless attitude regarding students, and has no known weapon" and had to comment.

As long as there are differences between the two (other than gender), that's fine by me.

Prince_Selm
2013-09-26, 11:53 AM
Nonono, you were right to step in. I misunderstood something and I definitely didn't want to step on any toes.

We cool. :smallbiggrin:

Prince_Selm
2013-09-26, 12:07 PM
Sorry for the double post.

Please tell me if that last part seems out of bounds. Given an enviroment where students are put into life-threatening situations quite often, it seems only reasonable that the police couldn't possibly deal with every issue that would come up. Therefore, I think the policy of the school getting to handle it's own matters unless there is a time-sensitive problem is a fair system.

(I mean, Aurum can be like "I called them, that waived our right", but I think setting the precident is a good thing.)

Calemyr
2013-09-26, 12:23 PM
Sorry for the double post.

Please tell me if that last part seems out of bounds. Given an enviroment where students are put into life-threatening situations quite often, it seems only reasonable that the police couldn't possibly deal with every issue that would come up. Therefore, I think the policy of the school getting to handle it's own matters unless there is a time-sensitive problem is a fair system.

(I mean, Aurum can be like "I called them, that waived our right", but I think setting the precident is a good thing.)

It's a good move. Otherwise there's really not a lot of legitimate options the Faculty can do.

By the way, about Kaden's intelligence: If I didn't make this clear, she's quite intelligent, despite her hardened belief that she is an idiot. Anything she hears in a lecture is absorbed immediately. Where she suffers is that her grades have always revolved around reading and written tests and homework. She misunderstands questions, screws up equations, and generally cannot do a thing right on paper.

Since the incident with Barlowe, she's been mainly using her original (Marta's) voice. Educated, polished, verbose, everything she had thought her parents wanted. It should be unsettling to anyone who got used to how Kaden originally talked.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-26, 01:07 PM
Well, let's frame Khen. :P

KHAAAAAAN.

*KHEEEEEEN.

http://www.fanboy.com/archive-images/KHAAAAAAAAN.jpg

Arkhosia
2013-09-26, 01:19 PM
"Khen Calvin Hobbes, you have been accused of attempting to frame Rorukan. How do you plead?"
"GUILTY! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!"

GrandDM
2013-09-26, 01:26 PM
I'm going to have to make that his name now, aren't I? You'll all kill me if I don't :smallamused:.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-26, 01:27 PM
I'm going to have to make that his name now, aren't I? You'll all kill me if I don't :smallamused:.

Yes, you are.

I own all the Calvin and Hobbes books. >.< I used to love them so much.

Arkhosia
2013-09-26, 01:28 PM

Yep. And he must wield a cardboard box
@ Hatter: My personal goal can be summed up by one quote: "Come on, Hobbes, ol' buddy, let's go exploring"
It's also the saddest quote ever.

Anyr
2013-09-26, 01:39 PM
[Faculty Meeting]

Rokoran nods, and (possibly just to rub in the fact that they'd have failed appallingly if they tried to arrest him) teleports out in a flash of translucent silver.

A few moments later, he reappears with Khen trapped in Aura cuffs. He's twisting and shouting:

"The hell is this? Are you not content with expelling me for a few harmless experiments? What are you going to do to me now?!"

Wait wait wait. Rokoran can teleport? More than that, Rokoran can teleport 50 miles (and back) in seconds? I could understand him having some sort of Bleach-style 'Shunpo' ability: We've already seen similar tricks in RWBY. But instant, repeatable, long distance, precisely targeted teleportation? That might be going too far.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-26, 01:40 PM
Wait wait wait. Rokoran can teleport? More than that, Rokoran can teleport 50 miles (and back) in seconds? I could understand him having some sort of Bleach-style 'Shunpo' ability: We've already seen similar tricks in RWBY. But instant, repeatable long distance teleportation? That might be going too far.

He has unlimited power. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_DqV1xdf-Y)

Arkhosia
2013-09-26, 01:41 PM
Wait wait wait. Rokoran can teleport? More than that, Rokoran can teleport 50 miles (and back) in seconds? I could understand him having some sort of Bleach-style 'Shunpo' ability: We've already seen similar tricks in RWBY. But instant, repeatable long distance teleportation? That might be going too far.

Well... He does have like 10x the Aura power as Ruby and the others.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-26, 01:42 PM
Well... He does have like 10x the Aura power as Ruby and the others.

UNLIMITED POWAH!!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_DqV1xdf-Y)

Arkhosia
2013-09-26, 01:45 PM
UNLIMITED POWAH!!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_DqV1xdf-Y)

His Aura level (http://youtu.be/SiMHTK15Pik)

GrandDM
2013-09-26, 01:46 PM
First, he's really powerful. He couldn't beat anyone hand-to-hand, but he's the strongest Aura user around. The only person even close to him is the Librarian.

Second, he's not exactly teleporting. What he does is fix a point in his head (either in terms of location or distance and direction), turn incorporeal and basically catapult himself to it. Less teleporting, more super-fast ghostly flying. But he doesn't tell anyone that. Let them think he can teleport.

Arkhosia
2013-09-26, 01:49 PM

I have no time to respond to this properly, as I have to catch a bus. So I'll just respond with this for now:

NO.

That and I will figure out some other excuse for your character to leave when I get back.

We dealt with it. He just got beat up and left, reading the "writing on the wall"

Calemyr
2013-09-26, 01:50 PM
His Aura level (http://youtu.be/SiMHTK15Pik)

To kinda quote Dragonball Abridged:
"His power! It's... uh... 1006. Yeah, sure, Nappa. Knock yourself out. Hmm... that doesn't sound right... Oh, the display is upside down... That makes his power level over 9000... Well, crap."

Hattish Thing
2013-09-26, 01:52 PM

I have no time to respond to this properly, as I have to catch a bus. So I'll just respond with this for now:

FRUIT LOOPS.

That and I will figure out some other excuse for your character to leave when I get back.

Well, why? Deaths hapen. This is eh hardcorez way to die, but still.

Arkhosia
2013-09-26, 01:55 PM
Cael now has another wall poster

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-v2pgh-YGxvM/Tdq7vkf7XWI/AAAAAAAACBU/W-cnJNVlt90/s1600/CalvinPoster.jpg

AnimeKid
2013-09-26, 02:00 PM
Cael, she probably comes across Alexandra and Kitty as they are duking it out in the training grounds. It wouldn't be to hard to find them considering Kedra is fighting a teacher not to far away. Also I need to come up with a special move for Alexandra. Currently all I have thought of is the ROSENCRASH! It's kind of a lame name and all it really is, is channeling a large amount of aura into her hammer and slamming it down full force.

Arkhosia
2013-09-26, 02:01 PM
Okay! Will be a fun fight to spectate.

Anyr
2013-09-26, 02:08 PM
First, he's really powerful. He couldn't beat anyone hand-to-hand, but he's the strongest Aura user around. The only person even close to him is the Librarian.

Then perhaps his power should be toned down to better match those around him. If almost the entire faculty of Sanctum would stand no chance of even restraining (let alone beating) him, then something's wrong here.

Second, he's not exactly teleporting. What he does is fix a point in his head (either in terms of location or distance and direction), turn incorporeal and basically catapult himself to it. Less teleporting, more super-fast ghostly flying. But he doesn't tell anyone that. Let them think he can teleport.

...That's even worse! He can turn incorporeal? He can fly at a speed of at least 180,000 MPH? He can accelerate to that speed so quickly that he simply seems to vanish? And can come to a complete halt just as easily, in the exact location that he wanted to reach? No, that's simply ridiculous. IMHO, this character's abilities need a major overhaul.

Arkhosia
2013-09-26, 02:10 PM
Cael, she probably comes across Alexandra and Kitty as they are duking it out in the training grounds. It wouldn't be to hard to find them considering Kedra is fighting a teacher not to far away. Also I need to come up with a special move for Alexandra. Currently all I have thought of is the ROSENCRASH! It's kind of a lame name and all it really is, is channeling a large amount of aura into her hammer and slamming it down full force.

Cael's special move: From Shadows. :smallwink:
You've seen it in action.
Dust cloud, flaming shots.

Btw: what do You think about the poster?

AnimeKid
2013-09-26, 02:16 PM
I like it. I never got to read much Calvin and Hobbes but any I did see I loved.

Also something tells me that you are going to get a real kick out of jealous Alex. Also just one more team member to have a heart to heart with and Alexandra will officially become The Heart of the team. Hmm, I wonder was there ever a The Heart character that kicked extreme amounts of butt?

Arkhosia
2013-09-26, 02:20 PM
Anyone who can make me a drawing of Caelynn's teddy bear/cat gets a cookie.
An Internet if it looks like Catbug

And you're the first heart character to have a Metal/hard rock theme song.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-26, 02:47 PM
Whered everyone go?

ImpSyndrome
2013-09-26, 02:52 PM
I guess they're offline or busy. Makes me wish I'd finished my post sooner so I might get a reply.

Arkhosia
2013-09-26, 02:55 PM
One sec. Damn you homework, damn you to hell! :smalltongue::smallfurious:

Hattish Thing
2013-09-26, 02:58 PM

Everyone was posting before...

Does Rip want to meet Aurum.

ImpSyndrome
2013-09-26, 03:00 PM
Probably not the best time right now. Maybe later, once he's done talking to Kaden.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-26, 03:03 PM
At the moment hes just waiting for Cael.

ImpSyndrome
2013-09-26, 03:22 PM
Whoops...By "he", I was referring to Rip, not Aurum.

Arkhosia
2013-09-26, 03:39 PM
I like it. I never got to read much Calvin and Hobbes but any I did see I loved.

Also something tells me that you are going to get a real kick out of jealous Alex. Also just one more team member to have a heart to heart with and Alexandra will officially become The Heart of the team. Hmm, I wonder was there ever a The Heart character that kicked extreme amounts of butt?

Oh, I'm sure I will!
In fact, guess who just showed up at the training area?
Btw: look up Calvin & Hobbes snowmen. :smallwink:

Hattish Thing
2013-09-26, 03:48 PM
Oh, I'm sure I will!
In fact, guess who just showed up at the training area?
Btw: look up Calvin & Hobbes snowmen. :smallwink:

If she's all happy for dinner that would be an extra bit of "ouch" for Alex. >.<

Hiro Protagonest
2013-09-26, 03:49 PM

Someone tell Kirk that Khan invented homework.

And I love Calvin and Hobbes too. I've got the feeling I've read the vast majoirity of them, since books repeat strips and it didn't run for too long, but I doubt I've read all of them.

Hawkflight
2013-09-26, 03:53 PM
We dealt with it. He just got beat up and left, reading the "writing on the wall"

RIght, sorry. I didn't have time to read through the whole thread. ^^;

Makes sense. I'll try to keep that in mind when pairing people up.

As an aside, sorry to see you go.

As an aside to my aside, there is a silver lining to this. We now have exactly 12 people, which is exactly three teams of exactly four people each! So, that's good.

So, I'm not dead. I just got really busy. I'll post later today, but assume Rebecca is overjoyed about getting new weapons and feel free to god mod her around within reason.

Noted.

"You blew it up! Damn you! Damn you all to hell!"

Arkhosia
2013-09-26, 03:55 PM
How'd you know I did my homework with C4? :smalltongue:
Gotta go, be back in a few hours

Hawkflight
2013-09-26, 04:08 PM
How'd you know I did my homework with C4? :smalltongue:
Gotta go, be back in a few hours

I read that as, "How'd you know I did my homework with Civ 4?" XD

ImpSyndrome
2013-09-26, 04:37 PM
Going to be leaving my computer shortly. I should have remote access via phone in about 45 minutes. See you all later.

Hawkflight
2013-09-26, 05:49 PM
Can everyone here please post the times they are active, to better assist in forming teams?

I am typically active from 10 or 11 AM (depending on when I wake up) until 2-3 AM (depending on when I go to bed), EST, with a nap midway through the day (typically around 2 PM to 4 or 5 PM). Thursdays are the exception, though not to a degree that it makes much difference. Weekends I sleep in until at least noon.

Hawkflight: 10 AM - 2 PM and 4 PM to 3 AM.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-26, 05:58 PM
I dont even know. I multitask at work anyway. So, like. Whenever there's an internet connection. Woah. This is cool.

AnimeKid
2013-09-26, 06:06 PM
I'm generally on anywhere from about 7-9 in the morning to 3 in the morning Central Time or GMT-6 hours. Occasionally I'll take a snooze cruise every once in a while.

ImpSyndrome
2013-09-26, 06:18 PM
TIME ZONE: US Central (GMT -6)
Weekdays: 0900 - 1630, 2030 - 2200
Weekends: 1100 - 2200

GMT CONVERSION (because I know how lazy some people are)
Weekdays: 1500 - 2230, (+1) 0230 - 0400
Weekends: 1700 - (+1) 0400

DISCLAIMER: This is schedule is a general guide and is subject to change. This a schedule, not a contract, so please don't wish death or harm on me if I'm not online for the entirety of any one time frame; sometimes, I'm just not in the mood. Lastly, please ignore those links; I have no idea how they got there or how to remove them from my phone.

AnimeKid
2013-09-26, 06:29 PM
Woah, that post just came spilling out of me. It was like a was Alexandra for a minute there. I knew that losing my balance and falling from that high would had hurt like the d*ckens. I thought up something spontaneous and man did I get a rush writing that post. This is why I love roleplay!

Hattish Thing
2013-09-26, 06:41 PM
Aren't you glad Aurum did some work on it now? :smalltongue:

Hawkflight
2013-09-26, 07:05 PM
Woah, that post just came spilling out of me. It was like a was Alexandra for a minute there. I knew that losing my balance and falling from that high would had hurt like the d*ckens. I thought up something spontaneous and man did I get a rush writing that post. This is why I love roleplay!

Awesome! It actually made me feel self-conscious about my own roleplaying abilities, so I attempted to crank this post up to 11.

Note: Her weapon isn't really as damaged as she's making it out to be, she's just really dramatic like that. She just needs to reload it with some more red dust, and possibly fix the dust chamber, and it'll be fine. But it's not firing anymore bullets until she does so.

EDIT: OrchestraHC has officially dropped out of the RP. We now need one more student to fill the last slot in a team.

Okay, so, yeah, I've been hard pressed to post ever since the trial ended, and I don't feel like forcing it, just count me out. INACTIVE

EDIT 2: No we don't! I forgot about Silven!

AnimeKid
2013-09-26, 07:13 PM
Well.....That training ground might need just a little bit of renovation.:smallredface:

Hattish Thing
2013-09-26, 07:16 PM
You guys blew the **** out of the ground.

F*ck that spot of land in particular!

Arkhosia
2013-09-26, 07:24 PM
Heeeres Ark!

I read that as, "How'd you know I did my [/B]homework with Civ 4?" XD

No, I do it with Heaven's Maw.
I can post 3:30-10:00 GMT-4, but have band 5:30-8:00 on Thursdays.
@Animekid: JealouXandra time!

Hawkflight
2013-09-26, 08:08 PM
I think my latest post says a lot about Kitty. For better or for worse.

"The ground is made of paiiiin~"

I love this quote.

Arkhosia
2013-09-26, 08:10 PM
Kitty looked around, finally spotting Heaven's Maw on the ground.

"Oh no!" she gasped, running (well, stumbling) over to it. She picked it up and hugged it. "I'm so sorry! Don't worry, I'll fix you up good as new!"

Um, why wasn't she that worried for Alex?!

KittyXHeaven's Maw is a go. :smalltongue:

Hawkflight
2013-09-26, 08:13 PM
KittyXHeaven's Maw is a go. :smalltongue:

Actually, Kitty has some deep, philosophical things to ay about weapons and hunters, when the opportunity arises.

Now is not that opportunity.

Arkhosia
2013-09-26, 08:20 PM
I can add another person to the Inspiration List: Rick Castle.

Hiro Protagonest
2013-09-26, 08:23 PM
I can add another person to the Inspiration List: Rick Castle.

Second best detective show ever!

Arkhosia
2013-09-26, 08:24 PM
Second best detective show ever!

"Do I look like a killer to you?"
"Yes you kill my patience"
Best lines ever. I am totally using these at some point.

Hiro Protagonest
2013-09-26, 08:28 PM
"Do I look like a killer to you?"
"Yes you kill my patience"
Best lines ever. I am totally using these at some point.

...Is that Castle and Beckett or Castle and his mother?

I like that he's actually helpful. He makes his fortune off making sure that people's actions are consistent.

lord pringle
2013-09-26, 08:54 PM
Where am I needed and what have I missed?

Arkhosia
2013-09-26, 09:00 PM
Hmm...
They arrested a guy named Khen Calvin Hobbes sue to a Noodle Incident that got him expelled that was similar to this one, Aurum was able to get Cael to unwittingly accept a date with him, Cael made her weapons, and Kitty broken Haven's maw sparring with Alex

Hattish Thing
2013-09-26, 09:36 PM
Well, pretty much that.

Now Alex is going all super protective.

Lord Raziere
2013-09-26, 09:38 PM
guys…remember that Kedra has yet to finish her fight with Gabriel, and we should take steps to make sure we don't have any time breaking, ok? just warning in advance.

Hiro Protagonest
2013-09-26, 09:49 PM
He just frowns before speaking. Now, that's no fun at all. Surely an imaginative young woman such as yourself can think of something better than cafeteria food! I can order you anything you'd like. No matter how exotic. I already have a desert in mind!

Well, a desert is certainly an exotic place to go eat... :smalltongue:

AnimeKid
2013-09-26, 09:49 PM
guys…remember that Kedra has yet to finish her fight with Gabriel, and we should take steps to make sure we don't have any time breaking, ok? just warning in advance.

I thought Kedra went off to a differnt area and found/fought Gabriel there?

Hattish Thing
2013-09-26, 09:54 PM
Well, a desert is certainly an exotic place to go eat... :smalltongue:

Dessert. -_-

You know what he meant. :smalltongue:

Spoiler: ITS A POISON CAKE OF EVULZ.

AnimeKid
2013-09-26, 09:58 PM
Huh, that post with Alexandra was supposed to happen first. Darn my slow typing from my PS3!

Prince_Selm
2013-09-26, 10:27 PM
Hey everyone. Ill have sketchy. Internet for one or two days. Ordinarily though im active between 7-9 pm est to 12-2pm est

Yeah I know...

At the end of the year ill be back in the central time zone though

Hawkflight
2013-09-26, 10:53 PM
So, unless thebladeofchaos wants both of his/her characters in the same team, it looks like we've got teams sorted out. The only question is, do we want Falcon with Rip, Kaden, and Kedra and Silven with Amandus, Randii, and Medias, or vice versa?

EDIT: I should point out that if Silven is on team ARM-, they would be Team ARMS. Just pointing that out. :smalltongue:

EDIT 2: Actually, you could do that either way, so ... yeah.

Hawkflight
2013-09-26, 11:28 PM
She'll find that it may be the best meal she's ever had, seeing as it's absolutely covered in exotic and delicious spices, cooked and served in a perfect sauce. Do you like it, my Kitten? Only the best for you...

Actually, something like fish has a delicate flavor, and a truly good one would not use so many spices as to drown out the taste. It would probably use a pinch of salt some lemon pepper. If you want that exotic spice, I recommend either sumac or anardana.

....Yeah, I'm a bit of a foodie. >_>

EDIT: Whoops, double post. ^^;

Arkhosia
2013-09-26, 11:29 PM
I can't wait to see how this will end up for Cael. Probably negatively.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-26, 11:30 PM
Actually, something like fish has a delicate flavor, and a truly good one would not use so many spices as to drown out the taste. It would probably use a pinch of salt some lemon pepper. If you want that exotic spice, I recommend either sumac or anardana.

....Yeah, I'm a bit of a foodie. >_>

EDIT: Whoops, double post. ^^;

I'm not. :P I'm vegetarian in real life as well, so I have no clue how to make fish.

Prince_Selm
2013-09-26, 11:39 PM
Aw man... can we have team MARS?

Thats a badass name.

Hawkflight
2013-09-26, 11:40 PM
Aw man... can we have team MARS?

Thats a badass name.

That is pretty awesome.

It's up to you guys, of course, it's your team.

Prince_Selm
2013-09-26, 11:43 PM
What des everyone else think?

Silven joins up and were team mars.

Hawkflight
2013-09-26, 11:53 PM
So we have Team LARK, Team MARS, and Team ... hmmm. VKKS? Vex? Gonna have to work on that one. EDIT: Maybe Team SKKZ? Excursion? I don't suppose anyone on that team wants to change their last name? :smalltongue:

This is the team lineup as presently proposed. Is everyone fine with this? http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16091201#post16091201

EDIT 2: Possible anagrams:

VKKS (Vex)
SKKZ (Seeker/Seekers)
SKKZ (Excursion)
RSKK (Risk)

Calemyr
2013-09-27, 12:22 AM
The thought of Aurum succeeding at this really creeps me out, I have to admit. It's not my place to dictate your actions, I won't be having anyone pop up out of nowhere to interrupt you, but... dude... this ain't cool.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-27, 12:26 AM
The thought of Aurum succeeding at this really creeps me out, I have to admit. It's not my place to dictate your actions, I won't be having anyone pop up out of nowhere to interrupt you, but... dude... this ain't cool.

He's a very creepy guy.

And you must realize, he's pretty much targeting every single romantic vulnerability she has.

He's like a hormonal Hannibal Lector.

Hawkflight
2013-09-27, 12:26 AM

I just want to say, if anyone else feels the same way, or uncomfortable about anything else, please don't hesitate to say so. If something in this RP is making you uncomfortable, then we have a duty to fix it. We don't want anyone to be uncomfortable, at least not in a bad way.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-27, 12:28 AM
I just want to say, if anyone else feels the same way, or uncomfortable about anything else, please don't hesitate to say so. If something in this RP is making you uncomfortable, then we have a duty to attempt to change or avoid it.

He's hardly ripping people's organs out or performing a surgery on a living person. :smalltongue:

He's flirting. You guys didn't want the squicky, nasty evil part he has, so I shelved it in place of more psychological evulz.

Look at reality, sometimes these kinds of relationships happen. One member is deceptive, cruel, and manipulative, while the other is pure an innocent.

Arkhosia
2013-09-27, 12:29 AM
He's a very creepy guy.

And you must realize, he's pretty much targeting every single romantic vulnerability she has.

He's like a hormonal Hannibal Lector.

Please don't try to eat Cael. She's not a vegetable, despite the name.

Hawkflight
2013-09-27, 12:31 AM
He's hardly ripping people's organs out or performing a surgery on a living person. :smalltongue:

He's flirting. You guys didn't want the squicky, nasty evil part he has, so I shelved it in place of more psychological evulz.

Look at reality, sometimes these kinds of relationships happen. One member is deceptive, cruel, and manipulative, while the other is pure an innocent.

I know, just putting that out there.

As an aside, any argument starting with 'look at reality' really has no place in an RWBY RP. :smalltongue:

In a completely unrelated topic, I'm really tired, and about to crash. Hard. If I go to sleep now, can you promise not to leave me behind too much?

Hattish Thing
2013-09-27, 12:32 AM
Please don't try to eat Cael. She's not a vegetable, despite the name.

Don't worry, of all the thing's Aurum is, he's not a cannibal.

That would be unsanitary.

Arkhosia
2013-09-27, 12:33 AM
I know, just putting that out there.

As an aside, any argument starting with 'look at reality' really has no place in an RWBY RP. :smalltongue:

In a completely unrelated topic, I'm really tired, and about to crash. Hard. If I go to sleep now, can you promise not to leave me behind too much?

I'll try. :)

Hawkflight
2013-09-27, 12:34 AM
Oh, are you now?

That'll be interesting. Now, tell me... What are we going to do about Kitty? She doesn't like me very much.

Be nice anywhere near me. And anywhere not near me. And don't touch Heaven's Maw. :smalltongue:

Hattish Thing
2013-09-27, 12:35 AM
Be nice anywhere near me. And anywhere not near me. And don't touch Heaven's Maw. :smalltongue:

Yes, I think Alex is the one to really worry about at the moment...

Calemyr
2013-09-27, 12:37 AM
Like I said, not my place to stop if both players agree, you can do a lot of good narrative with something like that, but it will still bother me. For all of Kaden's "I'm not dead, all else can be mended" talk, there are still some things that, once done, can't be undone. But that's just one antisocial shut-in's unsolicited moralizing.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-27, 12:42 AM
Like I said, not my place to stop if both players agree, you can do a lot of good narrative with something like that, but it will still bother me. For all of Kaden's "I'm not dead, all else can be mended" talk, there are still some things that, once done, can't be undone. But that's just one antisocial shut-in's unsolicited moralizing.

Aurum will stick your morals in a blender and drink them with some bananas and gourmet strawberries. :smalltongue:

You guys specifically asked for me to stop with the bloods. I did!

Aurum apparently just naturally scares the crap out of everyone.

Hawkflight
2013-09-27, 12:47 AM
Aurum will stick your morals in a blender and drink them with some bananas and gourmet strawberries. :smalltongue:

You guys specifically asked for me to stop with the bloods. I did!

Aurum apparently just naturally scares the crap out of everyone.

As long as Team LARK's storyline doesn't become all about him. That would, frankly, be boring.

Personally, I'm looking forward to this bit coming to a conclusion so we can get to an interesting storyline, like the next trials. (And if conversation during the trials turns back to him, I will rage. -.-)

Anyways, deadtiming early tonight (or right on time?) to get some sleep. Please don't leave me in the dust.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-27, 12:50 AM
As long as Team LARK's storyline doesn't become all about him. That would, frankly, be boring.

Personally, I'm looking forward to this bit coming to a conclusion so we can get to an interesting storyline, like the next trials. (And if conversation during the trials turns back to him, I will rage. -.-)

Anyways, deadtiming early tonight (or right on time?) to get some sleep. Please don't leave me in the dust.

Team what? So far he's involved with team rack, not anyone else.

This trial will actually happen without any bloody blood gore blood bloods.

It'll just be the trial.

Hawkflight
2013-09-27, 12:53 AM
Team what? So far he's involved with team rack, not anyone else.

This trial will actually happen without any bloody blood gore blood bloods.

It'll just be the trial.

Team Lark = Team Rack's actual name. Pretty sure we decided on that, once the novelty wore off.

And wait, I thought the second trial was going to be teams of 2 facing off against robo-grimm picked specifically for them? I was kinda looking forward to that.

Though I suppose we could have some teams of two in the original trials, until they meet up with each other.

And ... we should probably coordinate things better in the OOC this time, instead of performing a group Leeroy Jenkins. Just saying.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-27, 12:56 AM
Team Lark = Team Rack's actual name. Pretty sure we decided on that, once the novelty wore off.

And wait, I thought the second trial was going to be teams of 2 facing off against robo-grimm picked specifically for them? I was kinda looking forward to that.

Though I suppose we could have some teams of two in the original trials, until they meet up with each other.

And ... we should probably coordinate things better in the OOC this time, instead of performing a group Leeroy Jenkins. Just saying.

Psh. This will be more centered on a Cael, Aurum, Alex love triangle thing.

Rack must stay!

Oooh, special robo grimm thing seems better.

AnimeKid
2013-09-27, 12:58 AM
My and Alex's concern is mostly how Cael's IQ seems to take a nose dive when Aurum shows even a speck of kindness. Though of course Alex's concern runs deeper than that.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-27, 01:02 AM
My and Alex's concern is mostly how Cael's IQ seems to take a nose dive when Aurum shows even a speck of kindness. Though of course Alex's concern runs deeper than that.

Money, reasonably attractive, very seductive in his words, and happens to compliment her at the one big insecurity she has, her race.

Of course she'll melt like slag around him.

Hawkflight
2013-09-27, 01:02 AM
Psh. This will be more centered on a Cael, Aurum, Alex love triangle thing.

Right. Just ... I'd like to have some time where we focus on the team as a whole, without Aurum's influence. I guess the trial and after the trial will be a good chance for that though.

Rack must stay!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUz2nK8ZOZo

Oooh, special robo grimm thing seems better.

Exactly! Plus, it makes it easier to come up with cool finishing moves, like Kitty bouncing off Becca's shields to reach the mecha-spider grimm on the ceiling and slice it in half with a flaming chainsaw after killing a bunch of baby mecha-spider grimm!

....I may have thought about this too much. Or not enough.

Anyways, deadtiming, see y'all in the morning.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-27, 01:03 AM
Right. Just ... I'd like to have some time where we focus on the team as a whole, without Aurum's influence. I guess the trial and after the trial will be a good chance for that though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUz2nK8ZOZo

Exactly! Plus, it makes it easier to come up with cool finishing moves, like Kitty bouncing off Becca's shields to reach the mecha-spider grimm on the ceiling and slice it in half with a flaming chainsaw after killing a bunch of baby mecha-spider grimm!

....I may have thought about this too much. Or not enough.

Anyways, deadtiming, see y'all in the morning.

But, but, but then what will Aurum do?

Prince_Selm
2013-09-27, 01:05 AM
I cant wait to get into a fight. Describing my derp is so much fun

Hawkflight
2013-09-27, 01:21 AM
Oh! I forgot to post the teams for the team fights, if we really are going with that.

Kitty / Rebecca
Caelynn / Alexandra
Armandus / Randii
Medi / Silven

Falcon, Rip, Kaden, and Kedra haven't paired off yet. I recommend Rip / Kaden and Falcon / Kedra for somewhat complementary fighting styles, but it's up to you.

But, but, but then what will Aurum do?

Get a life. :smalltongue:

Okay, deadtiming for real. Night y'all.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-27, 02:08 AM
Aurum's life revolves around a lot of dead people though... :smalltongue:

And he kinda wants Cael as his trophy thing.

ImpSyndrome
2013-09-27, 06:31 AM
Sorry for lack of response last night; I was tired and cranky and had some stuff going on.

I'd be fine partnering Rip with Kedra for initiation.

I've got to leave my computer for a couple hours and probably won't attempt to post by phone, but I'll try to get caught up with the posts made while I was asleep.

Prince_Selm
2013-09-27, 07:37 AM
Once again. I have spotty internet. Please pm me if you need me to post. Normal internet will resume in about 48 hours

ImpSyndrome
2013-09-27, 10:03 AM
Is it bad that I've already started thinking ahead to post-acceptance sub-plots for Rip? I even have some solid ideas:
-Get a part-time job in Meadow
-Acquire materials for a sub-weapon (translation: Grimm hunting)
-Invest in creating a firing range (open to all students, of course) for target practice (If the school already has one, invest in expansions/improvements/maintenance)

GrandDM
2013-09-27, 10:19 AM
On the subject of Rokoran being overpowered:

Primus, he's not as overpowered as you seem to think. I may have phrased it badly (as I tend to do a lot), but his strong aura is counterbalanced by the fact that if you can get anywhere near him you can smash him. If he can't concentrate, he can't do anything with his aura.

Secundus, turning incorporeal isn't a big deal. PCs can do it in practically any RPG where there's magic. And I never said anything about huge speeds - when he shifts out of physicality, he turns invisible as well. He just flies at admittedly high speed, but no more than the speed of an aeroplane. Similarly, acceleration is irrelevant because he's incorporeal. He could go to practically the speed of light in zero time and not get hurt.

Ultimus, it isn't him that needs working on, it's my phraseology. I have a large tendency to phrase things badly and not get across what I'm trying to say. Rokoran in himself is fine, it's how I say what he does that makes him seem too powerful. I will be working on that as much as I can.

Also, are we actually going to do any lessons?

Calemyr
2013-09-27, 10:42 AM

Primus, he's not as overpowered as you seem to think. I may have phrased it badly (as I tend to do a lot), but his strong aura is counterbalanced by the fact that if you can get anywhere near him you can smash him. If he can't concentrate, he can't do anything with his aura.

Secundus, turning incorporeal isn't a big deal. PCs can do it in practically any RPG where there's magic. And I never said anything about huge speeds - when he shifts out of physicality, he turns invisible as well. He just flies at admittedly high speed, but no more than the speed of an aeroplane. Similarly, acceleration is irrelevant because he's incorporeal. He could go to practically the speed of light in zero time and not get hurt.

Ultimus, it isn't him that needs working on, it's my phraseology. I have a large tendency to phrase things badly and not get across what I'm trying to say. Rokoran in himself is fine, it's how I say what he does that makes him seem too powerful. I will be working on that as much as I can.

Also, are we actually going to do any lessons?

Not until the faculty meeting and makeup trial is resolved. Unless Rorukan is out of action, Barlowe won't be involved with the students except for forge duty and "personal lessons" (of the beat down variety).

Anyr
2013-09-27, 10:45 AM

This claim is contradicted by your own posts. The faculty of Sanctum is (or was) closely surrounding Rokoran in the staff room; And yet you still said that 'they'd have failed appallingly if they tried to arrest him'. That's not an issue of bad phrasing. You unambiguously stated that Rokoran was in no danger of being defeated.

Secundus, turning incorporeal isn't a big deal. PCs can do it in practically any RPG where there's magic.

Yes, it is a big deal; And no, they can't. There are plenty of RPGs that don't grant incorporeality as a PC ability. Not that your comparison even means anything when applied to the balance of this particular game.

And I never said anything about huge speeds - when he shifts out of physicality, he turns invisible as well.

Every time you try to justify one power, you do so by adding another. Now he can turn invisible too? And again, you unambiguously said that Rokoran made a 100 mile round trip in a matter of moments. No matter how you slice it, that indicates an extremely high rate of movement.

He just flies at admittedly high speed, but no more than the speed of an aeroplane. Similarly, acceleration is irrelevant because he's incorporeal. He could go to practically the speed of light in zero time and not get hurt.

Saying that he's 'limited' to the speed of an aeroplane is no limitation at all. And yes, acceleration and deceleration is most certainly relevant. An ability like this becomes far more powerful if it can be targeted with pinpoint precision (as opposed to overshooting destinations by miles)

Your phrasing is not the main culprit here. Unless you meant to say 'Rokoran walks out of the room via the door, travels at a reasonable speed to Khen's location, and returns with him an hour or two later', then the issue is definitely more fundamental.

GrandDM
2013-09-27, 10:47 AM
Okay, I'm about done here. If I keep trying to justify this, it'll just get worse, so I'm just going to go and do an edit to keep everyone happy.

Hawkflight
2013-09-27, 10:59 AM
....Wow. You ... you really didn't leave me in the dust this time! *anime tears of happiness*

Falcon, Rip, Kaden, and Kedra haven't paired off yet. I recommend Rip / Kedra and Falcon / Kaden for somewhat complementary fighting styles, but it's up to you.

Aaaand once again, I got Kaden's and Kedra's names backwards. I meant to suggest Rip / Kaden and Falcon / Kedra (gah, almost did it again!), especially after the recent Rip / Kaden scene.

But again, it's up to you guys. I'm just playing matchmaker, it's your decision in the end.

Is it bad that I've already started thinking ahead to post-acceptance sub-plots for Rip? I even have some solid ideas:
-Get a part-time job in Meadow
-Acquire materials for a sub-weapon (translation: Grimm hunting)
-Invest in creating a firing range (open to all students, of course) for target practice (If the school already has one, invest in expansions/improvements/maintenance)

Not bad at all! Though I must ask why Rip needs a secondary weapon. He already has a bow that becomes a bat'leth, that's freaking awesome. :smalltongue:

Not until the faculty meeting and makeup trial is resolved. Unless Rorukan is out of action, Barlowe won't be involved with the students except for forge duty and "personal lessons" (of the beat down variety).

Kitty will be one of the ones seeking out 'personal lessons', as aura control is one of her main weaknesses.

GrandDM
2013-09-27, 10:59 AM
I think control would be Rokoran's domain. Barlowe is more about practical usage, from what I've gathered.

Hawkflight
2013-09-27, 11:02 AM
I think control would be Rokoran's domain. Barlowe is more about practical usage, from what I've gathered.

Yeah, that's what I mean. Practical control.

....That ... that made no sense, didn't it?

Also, it's your post AnimeKid.

GrandDM
2013-09-27, 11:07 AM
I think I get it.

AnimeKid
2013-09-27, 11:11 AM
Hmmm...You guys know when I said that Alexandra's theme song would be Lift Me Up by Five Finger Death Punch? Well I think I found one that works just as well or perhaps better. And it goes a little something like this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv94Bxdg_NI)

((Phineas and Ferb songs are amazing and don't ever say otherwise!))

Calemyr
2013-09-27, 11:12 AM

Correct. Barlowe's lessons are about practical usage. Not what it is or how it works or any of that other theory that you need to understand to make proper use of it. But I think Kitty is looking for that practical usage in this case. She's not looking for arcane power, she's looking to shore up a weakness in her combat ability.

Put simply, if Aura were magic, Rokoran would be a wizard while Barlowe would be a physical adept, channeling his Aura into offensive and defensive boosts. Both are valuable perspectives when teaching huntsmen, though "wizard" type huntsmen are apparently rare (1 out of the primary 8 in the show). So the two instructors share duties, each playing to their own strength.

Edit: Oi, I got Blake'd severely, didn't I?

ImpSyndrome
2013-09-27, 11:17 AM
Not bad at all! Though I must ask why Rip needs a secondary weapon. He already has a bow that becomes a bat'leth, that's freaking awesome. :smalltongue:
True, but it can be large and cumbersome, and being a sniper/assassin, Rip is the type to always have a backup plan, including a backup weapon. I'm thinking something small and light, something concealabe, just in case the Flightless Hawk is out-of-commission or doesn't fit the bill for a specific task.

I know exactly what kind of weapon it'll be, but I'll wait until after the initiation to spill the details.

Hawkflight
2013-09-27, 11:42 AM
I'm not. :P I'm vegetarian in real life as well, so I have no clue how to make fish.

As an aside, one wouldn't use a sauce on something delicate like salmon. One would either marinade it beforehand, or top it with a compound butter. In this case I would suggest that the salmon is lightly seasoned with salt and either green or white pepper (or some combination of both), then topped with with a lemon, garlic, and sumac compound butter and served with lemon wedges.

If you want dinner for your second date, just ask me. ;P

GrandDM
2013-09-27, 12:23 PM
The faculty meeting seems to have ground to a halt. Are we still going to complete it, or are we just going to rule that they convicted Khen?

Hattish Thing
2013-09-27, 12:32 PM
The faculty meeting seems to have ground to a halt. Are we still going to complete it, or are we just going to rule that they convicted Khen?

I dont really feel like going through the rest of it.

Blah, blah, blah, convicted dude, Aurum gets away, Rokoran is safe, blah blah blah no one really cares anymore anyway. :smalltongue::smalltongue:

GrandDM
2013-09-27, 12:33 PM
I concur.

Let the lessons begin!

ImpSyndrome
2013-09-27, 12:35 PM
I think you mean "Let the make-up trial begin"...We still need to do that, right?

GrandDM
2013-09-27, 12:37 PM
Maybe. I expect it would take a few weeks, IC, for a new arena to be built (or a makeshift one rigged), because I doubt they'd use the existing one after what happened in it.

So, in the meantime, lessons.

ImpSyndrome
2013-09-27, 12:45 PM
Would it need to be an arena? If the forest area is wrecked, why not use one of the other places from the first trial that wasn't affected by combat and such? If that's out, there's got to be some other place not too far away that would serve as a good place to hold these battles.

I protest because it doesn't make sense that the applicants should be engaged in lessons before actually being accepted into the academy. Even under the current circumstances, Sanctum should be upholding the proper sequence of qualifications for their would-be students, and if they did go ahead with it, I doubt they'd want to wait weeks and put so much material/funding into building an arena just for this purpose.

Calemyr
2013-09-27, 12:46 PM
Maybe. I expect it would take a few weeks, IC, for a new arena to be built (or a makeshift one rigged), because I doubt they'd use the existing one after what happened in it.

So, in the meantime, lessons.

Not really. The forest is intact, outside of possibly where the centipede fight took place. All Aurum would need to do is get his bots in place and it's robot fighting time again.

And the initiation is critical - it determines teams, and thus course assignment and dorm assignment. It can't be held up any longer than absolutely necessary.

GrandDM
2013-09-27, 12:50 PM
Got ninja'd. Both fair enough.

Calemyr
2013-09-27, 01:07 PM
One thing I should note. For whatever it matters, I won't be available for the majority of this upcoming Sunday or Monday.

Arkhosia
2013-09-27, 01:26 PM
Lessons & teachers:
Rorukan: Theory (Aura Control, Dust use)
Barlowe: Aura Channeling (Using your Aura in combat effectively, Offensive Augments)
Oliver(?) III: Martial Combat (Mastery of weaponry)
Teslani: Combat Physics/Chemistry (Manipulstion of chemical reactions and physics in battle)

GrandDM
2013-09-27, 01:26 PM
It's Rokoran. And he teaches Theory of Aura and Dust.

Lord Raziere
2013-09-27, 01:54 PM
Lessons & teachers:

Oswald. Oswald Blastenheim the Third. Not Oliver

Anyr
2013-09-27, 02:03 PM
Lessons & teachers:
Barlowe: Aura Channeling (Using your Aura in combat effectively, Offensive Augments)
Teslani: Combat Physics/Chemistry (Manipulstion of chemical reactions and physics in battle)

Gabriel Blake: Combat tactics and psychology

Hawkflight
2013-09-27, 02:10 PM
Right, so tomorrow the make-up trials happen? Who's going to make the announcement, the headmaster?

Also, Hatter, I would like to do a brief scene at some point, where Kitty gets to expound on her philosophy about weapons and hunters. Maybe after Aurum offers to rebuild her weapon or give her a new one.

Lessons & teachers:

Hmmm. Someone should make a character roster, so we can easily see who the teachers are. Then someone should maybe put it in the first post, so people can easily find it. :|

AnimeKid
2013-09-27, 04:23 PM
Sorry about disappearing guys! I took one of those snooze cruises I mentioned. But now I'm back and refreshed!

ImpSyndrome
2013-09-27, 04:40 PM
Sorry for not posting; I've been very busy this afternoon and haven't had much time. I'll try to get something posted later tonight, but I've got a couple appointments to keep tomorrow and might not be available until the afternoon.

I'll be leaving from this computer in a couple minutes, so I'll see you all whenever I come online next.

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-27, 04:55 PM
This is what I get for being Ill. what did I miss? Sorry.