PDA

View Full Version : Squish's Home for Abandoned Characters

Admiral Squish
2013-09-25, 07:27 PM
Hey there! So, I know I have tons of characters that I've made that have never really gotten a chance to be used properly. I was thinking that, perhaps, other people might have some too. And, perhaps still, that some of these characters that never saw proper usage, may be able to find a home with some other players.

So, post the characters you never got to use, read about other people's characters, and maybe even adopt some of 'em. You don't even have to take them wholesale, just use them for inspiration, if you so desire. You can share interesting builds, interesting backstory ideas, or just cool concepts. Heck, even cool names.

So, to start us off, here are a few of my creations that either never got to be used in a game, or the game they were in died too quickly for them to be used properly.

Vorel Vrak di Thurkear Svaust Hysvear Shafaer Altiuiri di Marfedelom, Bapriv Plisoiv di wer Arcaniss di vi Kothar
(Translated: Beautiful child of night who soar on wings of death, immortal mistress of the demon's magic)
Pseudodragon warlock//rogue
Backstory: An eight-year-old pseudodragon, who is eagerly seeking a method of becoming immortal without becoming undead, to escape yielding her soul to the demon she contracted to grant her her warlock magic. Used to be a pet to a sorcerer, who she conned into summoning the demon for her to contract.

Personality: She's catlike, but evil and deadly (Though, I suppose that means she's even more catlike). She loves sensation, like laying in the sun, or eating expensive foods, or being petted. Also a big fan of money. She demands pampering from other PCs at times, usually as part of how she agrees to help. She sometimes acts like a pet, but she will not tolerate being talked down to or controlled in any way. She's out for her own goals, she's only helping the party with their goals because it helps her accomplish them.

Tiilaquia (AKA: Tii)
Darfellan Paladin
Backstory: Tii's tribe was exploited by a clan of sahuagin, used as manual labor and occasionally, food. They were eventually saved when a pod of orcas attacked the sahuagin, allowing the darfellan an opportunity to rebel and throw off their slavers. The attack of the orcas instilled a faith in Tii, who saw them as divine agents.

Personality: Tii is strongly faithful, with a powerful sense of justice and a willingness to act in the face of evil. She deeply believes in signs and portents, and if she believes it to be the will of her deity, she will act without hesitation. She's lawful by the standard of her own internal sense of right and wrong, not by following any external code of laws, and may break the laws of mortals in favor of following her sense of justice.

Kid Jake
2013-09-27, 02:09 PM
A character I always regretted not seeing through was #16, a warforged Paladin/Juggernaut commissioned by the Silver Flame that was the literal interpretation of law and good. He was 1 part Galahad and 2 parts Terminator and he was an absolute joy to play.

During our first session retrieving hostages from a bandit camp, he just rode up to the gate and called out "This is the part where a less honorable knight would demand you place your weapons on the ground in exchange for your lives...however my sacred vows forbid me from bargaining with your kind. So I shall simply say that any man I find armed behind these walls will die screaming."

After he physically tore down the gates of the camp most of the bandits had already surrendered.