PDA

View Full Version : Cleric Domain Spells?

nakedonmyfoldin
2013-09-25, 07:30 PM
This might be a stupid question. I understand that a cleric has his spells, and his domain spells. I clearly understand his regular spells, and how many he can cast per day, but something with the domain spells just isn't clicking.

The players selects two domains. Does he A) only get to cast one domain spell per day? OR B) does he get to cast one domain spell of each spell level per day?

I'm 90% sure its choice B, but I wanted to be positive.

Vin Robinson
2013-09-25, 07:39 PM
In addition to the stated number of spells per day for 1st-through 9th-level spells, a cleric gets a domain spell for each spell level, starting at 1st. The "+1" in the table denotes the bonus spell for your domain(s).

Chronos
2013-09-25, 07:47 PM
For example, suppose we have the most boring cleric ever, with the Good and Healing domains, and suppose he's 3rd level. He has a 1st level domain slot, and a 2nd level domain slot. In his 1st level domain slot, he can prepare either Protection from Evil (the Good spell), or Cure Light Wounds (the Healing spell). In his 2nd level slot, he can prepare either Aid (Good) or Cure Moderate Wounds (Healing).

nakedonmyfoldin
2013-09-25, 07:49 PM
For example, suppose we have the most boring cleric ever, with the Good and Healing domains, and suppose he's 3rd level. He has a 1st level domain slot, and a 2nd level domain slot. In his 1st level domain slot, he can prepare either Protection from Evil (the Good spell), or Cure Light Wounds (the Healing spell). In his 2nd level slot, he can prepare either Aid (Good) or Cure Moderate Wounds (Healing).

perfect explanation, for whatever reason I could not find a clear statement like this anywhere, but i'm clear on it now

Yuki Akuma
2013-09-25, 08:46 PM
Quoth the Cleric class description (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/cleric.htm) in the SRD, under the 'Spells' heading:

Like other spellcasters, a cleric can cast only a certain number of spells of each spell level per day. His base daily spell allotment is given on Table: The Cleric. In addition, he receives bonus spells per day if he has a high Wisdom score. A cleric also gets one domain spell of each spell level he can cast, starting at 1st level. When a cleric prepares a spell in a domain spell slot, it must come from one of his two domains (see Deities, Domains, and Domain Spells, below).

It's pretty clear.