PDA

View Full Version : Ranged Paladin

Azreal
2013-09-25, 09:10 PM
I'm building a level 10 Paladin with Pathfinder and is there a ranged Paladin build, archetype or can you just smite evil from a distance regardless?
Also tips/advice for a Paladin in general (let's not talk about tiers, I know where I sit and I'm role-playing for flavor)

Grod_The_Giant
2013-09-25, 09:24 PM
Pathfinder Paladin is pretty decent, as I understand it. Among other things, their Smite is now more of a mark type deal-- designate a target, get the bonus attack and damage against all attacks against them until they're dead. The ability just says "attack rolls" and "damage rolls," so your bow should be fine.

There's also an archetype, Divine Hunter. You lose most of your auras and have to take the special weapon option instead of the special mount, but in return you get a bunch of boosts to allies' ranged attacks, and to use lay on hands at range.

rockdeworld
2013-09-25, 11:53 PM
I'm building a level 10 Paladin with Pathfinder and is there a ranged Paladin build, archetype or can you just smite evil from a distance regardless?
Also tips/advice for a Paladin in general (let's not talk about tiers, I know where I sit and I'm role-playing for flavor)
There is in fact two ranged archetypes - the other is Holy Gun, and it's terrible. A paladin's Smite Evil applies to ranged attacks, yes. In fact, I'm considering a Mysterious Stranger 1/Paladin 10 build for PFS right now.

For tips on playing a paladin (of any sort, but especially Archer paladins), check out this handy guide (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9vv1a7v3y5BT1dKLUZ0Qmh4Vmc/edit).