PDA

View Full Version : Throwing Dagger Bandoliers/Sheaths

SciChronic
2013-09-25, 09:54 PM
This is more for flavor than anything, but i intend on covering my PC in daggers in bandoliers. essentially making my character look like the picture of the master thrower, regardless of the fact that he uses gloves of endless javelins daggers. He's a cocky bastard and a show-off when he's not scouting for the party.

that said, i can't find any kind of bandoleer/throwing knife sheath other than the (masterwork) bandolier found in A&EG. I'm looking for non-custom items that will function as throwing knife sheaths for my upper back, lower back, and legs.

am i just blind? or is there nothing other than the bandoleer?

gorfnab
2013-09-25, 10:06 PM
Quiver of Anariel - ask the DM if you can change the "Quiver" to "Bandoleer" and arrow(s) to dagger(s).
Quiver of Anariel

Quiver of Anariel:Quivers of Anariel appear to be typical arrow containers capable of holding a score of arrows. However, the quivers automatically replenish themselves with standard or magical arrows, such that they are always full. Some quivers also create arrows made of special materials, such as adamantine, cold iron, or alchemical silver.

Once an arrow it taken from the quiver, it must be used within 1 round or it vanishes.

Moderate conjuration; CL 7th; Craft Wondrous Item, magic weapon, minor creation; Price 28,000 gp (standard arrows), 29,000 gp (masterwork arrows), 32,000 gp (+1 arrows), 44,000 gp (+2 arrows), 64,000 gp (+3 arrows), 92,000 gp (+4 arrows), 128,000 gp (+5 arrows); Add an additional +6,000 gp for adamantine arrows, +4,005 gp for cold iron arrows, or +200 gp for alchemical silver arrows; Weight 1 lb.
Thankfully someone saved this article here (http://web.archive.org/web/20070401150041/http:/ww2.wizards.com/Books/Wizards/?doc=fr_lonedrowstats) since WOTC decided to delete the original posting.

SciChronic
2013-09-25, 10:14 PM
the quiver is outside of my price range, and tbh, i don't really intend to use the daggers in said bandoleers outside of RP or desperation, as my DM as let me tweak the Gloves of Endless Javelins into Gloves of Endless Throwing Knives that deal 1d4+1 force damage (or 1d3+1 since i'm small) rather than 1d6+1.

i just have 7000g and i'm funneling part of it into the Rule of Cool

XionUnborn01
2013-09-25, 11:42 PM
So, are you just looking for a mundane bandolier for some daggers, correct?

If so, just pay a couple gold, i'd say 5gp max for a really nice one.

SciChronic
2013-09-25, 11:55 PM
more like multiple bandoliers: 2 leg, 2 back, 1 chest

Phelix-Mu
2013-09-26, 12:00 AM
This sounds like some kind of custom-made mundane clothing. Look at the standard clothing setups in the PHB, and take your pick of x3, x5, or x10 the price for something specially made, depending on how posh/awesome you want to look.

SciChronic
2013-09-26, 12:08 AM
well based on my carrying capacity, i can carry 20 ish daggers on my person, some hidden, many others not so much.

15 or so daggers would be in the open exposed on the bandoleers spread about the armor/clothing, 5 others are concealed, plus boot knives/wrist blades.

XionUnborn01
2013-09-26, 12:21 AM
Well, for concealed and boot blades and the like, complete scoundrel has all the information you need.

If you really only want a few mundane bandoliers otherwise though, just to hold your daggers, I would still say a few gold max. You're looking at some leather working and just a little bit of metalworking, nothing that's to elaborate I would imagine.