PDA

View Full Version : Help? Neutral Domain based on Fluff.

Sziget Pengék
2013-09-26, 01:24 AM
Fluff:

The Circle of Profession is a group of extreme neutral Clerics, Monks, and other Devotees who are dedicated to Professing Neutrality in the interests of undoing/preventing the damage done in the name of Radical Absolutist L/C/G/E, and keeping a balance between them. The Circle of Profession has no central deity, and many members choose not to worship one at all, as religions tend to distract a person from the world outside of their 'righteous' motives. The Circle is not well liked, as it combats selfish motives, but is well respected across the land as a willing mediator.

Profession Domain:

Must be N/-

Abillity: You gain the ability to Channel both positive and negative energy for the purposes of spontaneously casting cure and inflict spells. You lose the ability to turn or rebuke undead, Instead you gain ___________.

1:[EDIT]Make Whole
2:Calm Emotions
3:Clarity of Mind
4:[EDIT]Dismissal
5:Sanctuary, Mass
6:[EDIT]Banishment
7:Word of Balance
8:[EDIT]Protection from Spells
9:Weighted in the Balance

I used the Balance domain as the basis for this but removed the stuff that sends outsiders to their planes, and changed the ability.

Any suggestions are welcome for both replacement spells and an ability that could replace turn/rebuke, or an opinion on whether the ability to spontaneously cast Cure/Inflict is enough/too much.

Thanks.

Psyren
2013-09-26, 01:36 AM
Why would you remove dismissal abilities? It seems to me that a group that hates extremism would want nothing more than to send outsiders home; the planar equivalent of putting two quarreling siblings in time-out at opposite corners of the room, or keeping two angry cats separated.

Sziget Pengék
2013-09-26, 01:49 AM
Why would you remove dismissal abilities? It seems to me that a group that hates extremism would want nothing more than to send outsiders home; the planar equivalent of putting two quarreling siblings in time-out at opposite corners of the room, or keeping two angry cats separated.

I thought about that, though i think they would not mind so much so long as they werent causing issues. I may put one or two back in, but it feels too focused on dismissal of outsiders to me. 3/9 is a fair bit.

[edit] eh, scratch that, i'll use as is(only two are dismissal, the other is protection from spells, very in'spire'd haha), though i still need help on the ability.

Sziget Pengék
2013-09-26, 02:34 AM
Also, I made the ability remove turn/rebuke because i think its a broken class feature that encourages clerics to be MAD and waste valuable feats. Wis for spells, Str/dex for attacks, Cha for turn rebuke. MAD makes me angry.