PDA

View Full Version : A very strange request.

Blueiji
2013-09-26, 01:39 AM
Does anyone know of a prestige class whose name starts with an 'H', gives independent casting based off wisdom, doesn't require a good alignment, and is at least ten levels long?

This isn't a quiz, I'm not thinking of a particular class. I just want to know if such a class exists.

Thanks for the help. :smallsmile:

Failed Phantasm
2013-09-26, 01:47 AM
Hunter of the Dead (Complete Warrior, pg. 42-44) fits all of those criteria.

Fyermind
2013-09-26, 02:32 AM
I'm very curious as to why...

Red Fel
2013-09-26, 06:28 AM
I'm guessing alliteration is involved...

Diarmuid
2013-09-26, 07:28 AM
Or another player is doing very off things and he's trying to reverse engineer the build.

nedz
2013-09-26, 07:29 AM
Holy Liberator (CDiv p45)

Thunderfist12
2013-09-26, 08:14 AM
... Heirophant (I think)?

Divayth Fyr
2013-09-26, 09:23 AM
... Heirophant (I think)?
Unlikely since it doesn't give any spellcasting (only progresses existing caster level).

Holy Liberator (CDiv p45)
Doesn't it require a good alignment?

Fax Celestis
2013-09-26, 09:49 AM
3.0 Harper Agent and Harper Scout might fit the bill.

nedz
2013-09-26, 11:37 AM
Doesn't it require a good alignment?

CG — missed that line in the OP.:smallredface:

Blueiji
2013-09-30, 09:13 PM
Hunter of the Dead (Complete Warrior, pg. 42-44) fits all of those criteria.

Thank you, that class if perfect. :smallsmile:

I'm very curious as to why...

I'm guessing alliteration is involved...

Red Fel is correct. I'm working on a character who only has levels in classes that begin with the letter "H".

Grod_The_Giant
2013-09-30, 09:17 PM
I'm impressed that not only was this question answered, it was answered (correctly!) in under 10 minutes.

Red Fel
2013-09-30, 09:33 PM
Red Fel is correct. I'm working on a character who only has levels in classes that begin with the letter "H".

Funny, I actually once considered making an entire build around stuff that started with "war"... Warforged... Warblade... Warlock, warmage, warpriest... some of it goes together, some not so much...

Have heaps of hilarity with your healthy helping of H-words!

Waker
2013-09-30, 09:33 PM
I'm impressed that not only was this question answered, it was answered (correctly!) in under 10 minutes.

This is the Playground. We're a repository of D&D Knowledge. Kinda like the Library of Congress, but with more screaming about RAW vs. RAI.

Hiro Protagonest
2013-09-30, 09:44 PM

Just say your class is "hobo".

LogosDragon
2013-09-30, 09:52 PM
Just say your class is "hobo".

Sorry, that's actually an unofficial shortening of "ravenous murderhobo" so it doesn't start with H, and almost every character has levels of that anyway.

PrinceOfMadness
2013-09-30, 10:16 PM
Sorry, that's actually an unofficial shortening of "ravenous murderhobo" so it doesn't start with H, and almost every character has levels of that anyway.

Not sure why, though. It doesn't give any bonuses to saving throws, base attack bonus, or feats. It doesn't even progress spellcasting! About the only thing you get is a terrible class feature that requires you to steal/murder everything in sight.

Red Fel
2013-09-30, 10:23 PM
Not sure why, though. It doesn't give any bonuses to saving throws, base attack bonus, or feats. It doesn't even progress spellcasting! About the only thing you get is a terrible class feature that requires you to steal/murder everything in sight.

Ah, but when you roleplay that feature well, the DM rewards you with loot and experience!

nedz
2013-10-01, 07:09 AM
Crazy idea: make a build where the initials of the classes spell out a word.
So how would we make a H/O/B/O ?

Brookshw
2013-10-01, 07:56 AM
This is the Playground. We're a repository of D&D Knowledge. Kinda like the Library of Congress, but with more screaming about RAW vs. RAI.

Priceless!

Lord Haart
2013-10-01, 09:01 AM
I guess Human and/or Half-something paragons are involved to compensate for the lack of base classes that start with "H"? Or is it me not recalling one?

Hexblade, d'uh.

Xerlith
2013-10-01, 10:06 AM

Can I sig this? :smallbiggrin:

Fax Celestis
2013-10-01, 10:14 AM

More...or less?

Toliudar
2013-10-01, 10:32 AM
More...or less?

No, that's Congress, not the library.

Hunter Noventa
2013-10-01, 12:05 PM
Funny, I actually once considered making an entire build around stuff that started with "war"... Warforged... Warblade... Warlock, warmage, warpriest... some of it goes together, some not so much...

Have heaps of hilarity with your healthy helping of H-words!

Warforged Warlock.

You are Gundam.

mattie_p
2013-10-01, 12:09 PM
I guess Human and/or Half-something paragons are involved to compensate for the lack of base classes that start with "H"? Or is it me not recalling one?

Hexblade, d'uh.

Also, Healer.

Waker
2013-10-01, 02:41 PM
Can I sig this? :smallbiggrin:
Go crazy, I automatically give permission for people to sig me. It says so in my own signature.

More...or less?
Yeah, I'm in no way gonna bring up politics. I'm talking about the Library, which is in addition to being a big library, is meant to answer questions put forth by Congress. And asking/answering questions about RPGs is a big part of why many of us are here, I know it's what I spend much of my time doing.

Chronos
2013-10-01, 03:53 PM
Quoth nedz:

Crazy idea: make a build where the initials of the classes spell out a word.
So how would we make a H/O/B/O ?
I can get 75% of the way there pretty straightforwardly. Half-orc barbarian (which is even a fairly iconic combination). Now we just need a good martial prestige class that starts with O.

Baroncognito
2013-10-01, 03:57 PM
I can get 75% of the way there pretty straightforwardly. Half-orc barbarian (which is even a fairly iconic combination). Now we just need a good martial prestige class that starts with O.

In Pathfinder I'd just go with Half-Orc Battle Oracle.

dysprosium
2013-10-01, 04:00 PM
Occult Slayer? (Complete Warrior) Have a bunch of them for hobos . . .

Outcast Champion? (Races of Destiny) I got nothing here.

Hiro Protagonest
2013-10-01, 04:02 PM
Orthodontist!

nedz
2013-10-01, 04:14 PM
Actually there aren't all that many classes beginning with 'O'.
I think that this is all of them:

Occult Slayer
Ocular Adept
Olin Gisir
Ollam
Oozemaster
Orc Scout
Orc Warlord
Ordained Champion
Order of the Bow Initiate
Osteomancer
Outcast Champion
Outlaw of the Crimson Road

Most are not suitable

Telok
2013-10-01, 05:41 PM
Hmm. An optimized or semi-optimized character whose classes acronym into "MURDER HOBO".

I am so tempted. I wish I had the time to invest inthe project right now.