PDA

View Full Version : "I'm your huckleberry."

Azernak0
2013-09-26, 01:58 AM
Long story short: I will be playing in a gestalt game playing as a Gunslinger (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174415) in an upcoming game. Having watched both Tombstone and Firefly again over the weekend, I want to build him as a Doc Holliday type character.

What gestalt should I do to better be the gamblin', dentistry, badass without upping power too much?

A_S
2013-09-26, 02:17 AM
Factotum would be extremely good combined with that class (extra actions are pretty good for maneuver users). Might add more power than you want added.

Rogue wouldn't add too much power, but the 8/level skill points would add some flexibility to your skill list. Sneak Attack could potentially be helpful, though you'd have to come up with some way to trigger it.

You could just throw a mish-mash of fear optimization on the other side. Zhentarim Fighter, Doomspeak Bard, maybe even CW Samurai (bonus points for doubling as a Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven shoutout).

All I can think of at the moment.

Equilibria
2013-09-26, 02:53 AM
You´r no Daisy at all :smallcool:

Phelix-Mu
2013-09-26, 11:49 AM
I think it would be pretty cool to stick Spellthief in there. Not a big power boost, surely, but a little bit of the arcane plus the underhandedness kind of reminds me of what you are looking for. Their spell selection is extremely limited, and could be reflavored a bit to reflect some kind of tactics to get an advantage during a fight. It's Cha-based, but doesn't lose out big time if Cha isn't good, from what I recall.

But ranged v melee with Steal Spell might just be too big a divide strategically.

Azernak0
2013-09-27, 03:19 AM
Factotum might work well. I just need to think of things to strip from it so it is less powerful. The idea was to have the gestalt be Tier 4ish. Having those extra skill points looks mighty fine.

A_S
2013-09-27, 03:23 AM
Factotum might work well. I just need to think of things to strip from it so it is less powerful. The idea was to have the gestalt be Tier 4ish. Having those extra skill points looks mighty fine.
The gunslinger by itself looks Tier 3-ish, so you might have trouble with that.