PDA

View Full Version : Odd favored weapons

Gadora
2013-09-26, 03:57 AM
I was browsing Sandstorm when I came across Kikanuti, whose favored weapon is given as "Clay pot(mace)." I was wondering what other oddball favored weapons are out there for published deities.

Feytalist
2013-09-26, 04:16 AM
Forgotten Realms has a few.

Tymora has "a spinning coin [shuriken]", Waukeen has "cloud of coins [nunchaku]" (because of course), and a couple others I'm too lazy to go look up.

NeoPhoenix0
2013-09-26, 04:25 AM
The favored weapon of the Whale Mother from Stromwrack is a paddle (greatclub).

Krazzman
2013-09-26, 04:58 AM
The favored weapon of the Whale Mother from Stromwrack is a paddle (greatclub).

Not worshipping the Whale Mother... that's a paddlin.

For Pathfinder I found the Starknife to be rather weird... combine oversized shuriken and dagger and you get it.

In faerun mystras favoured weapon had a weird name (or it was selune/shar, dunno, could be mixing things up at the moment)

Feytalist
2013-09-26, 05:23 AM
Mystra has the seven falling stars [shuriken], which sort of makes sense. Shar has the disk of night [chakram], which again makes sense. Selune has the mace of four moons, which is a heavy/light mace. Many cases simply name the deity's own personal unique weapon, which isn't all that weird.

magwaaf
2013-09-26, 10:15 PM
Forgotten Realms has a few.

Tymora has "a spinning coin [shuriken]", Waukeen has "cloud of coins [nunchaku]" (because of course), and a couple others I'm too lazy to go look up.

MYSTRA! THE GODDESSOF MAGIC... HAS SHURIKEN!!!

Seriously wtf Ed?

i don't see how it makes any sense and neither has anyone ive asked that knows anything about faerun

herrhauptmann
2013-09-26, 10:28 PM
One of the knowledge gods has a quill (dart).

I can't remember if it's a greyhawk god, or forgotten realms. I'm thinking either Boccob or Oghma.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-09-26, 10:38 PM
MYSTRA! THE GODDESSOF MAGIC... HAS SHURIKEN!!!

Seriously wtf Ed?

i don't see how it makes any sense and neither has anyone ive asked that knows anything about faerun

It's got something to do with the seven stars in her holy symbol, and there's a few spells that feature them as well (I want to say that they're in the Player's Guide to Faerun or Magic of Faerun).

EDIT
One of the knowledge gods has a quill (dart).

I can't remember if it's a greyhawk god, or forgotten realms. I'm thinking either Boccob or Oghma.

It's neither Oghma nor Boccob - Oghma's is 'Mortal Strike' (a longsword) and Boccob's is a quarterstaff.

More hilarity from the Realms...
Chauntea has a shock of grain [scythe]
Deneir has a whirling glyph [dagger]
Eldath has a net [yes, a literal net]
Nobanion has a lion's head [heavy pick]
Savras has the Eye of Savras [dagger]
Talona has a scaborous hand [unarmed strike]
Ubtao has a tyrannosaur head [heavy pick]
Hathor has long cow horns [short sword]
Horus-Re has an ankh [khopesh]
Isis has an ankh and star [punching dagger]
Nephthys has an ankh trailing a golden mist [whip]
Hanali Celanil has a shining heart [dagger] (oh, the irony)
Yurtrus has a pair of pale white hands [unarmed strike]
Hope that satisfies you:smallbiggrin: