PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 3.5 PrC] My take on the Invisible Blade

CinuzIta
2013-09-26, 07:50 AM
Hello all!

We all know how bad the invisible blade is: starting from the class' prerequisites and arriving to 1 point of Int per class level with no armor or having to wait till level 4 to actually starting doing what the class is supposed to do. So I thought about some changes, here they are:

Prerequisite:
BaB: +5
Feats: Improved Feint, Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus (Dagger, Kukri or Punching Dagger).
Skills: Bluff 8 ranks, Sense Motive 8 ranks.
Special: must defeat a worthy opponent on a one on one fight.

Hit Dice: d8.
{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|+1|+0|+2|+0|Bleeding, Canny Dodge, Dagger Sudden Strike 1d6

2nd|+2|+0|+3|+0|Superior Feint

3rd|+3|+1|+3|+1|Agile Fighter, Dagger Sudden Strike 2d6

4th|+4|+1|+4|+1|Feint Mastery

5th|+5|+1|+4|+1|Superior Mobility, Dagger Sudden Strike 3d6[/table]
Skill points: 4+Int. Skills: as the normal Invisible Blade.

- Dagger Sudden Strike (Ex): starting at 1st level, when an Invisible Blade hit a flat-footed enemy with a dagger, a kukri or a punching dagger he may add 1d6 bonus precision damage.
This damage rise to 2d6 at 3rd level and to 3d6 at 5th level.

- Canny Dodge (Ex): starting at 1st level, the Invisible Blade can add his Intelligence modifier to his ac when wearing light or no armor.

- Bleeding (Ex): from the 1st level on, the Invisible Blade can chose to sacrifice 1d6 damage from his Dagger Sudden Strike in order to bestow 1 point of bleeding damage per round to his enemy. This damage stack with itself, meaning multiple bleeding strikes raise the bleeding damage per round by 1. The bleeding damage persist until is cured with an Heal check (DC 15) or until an healing spell is cast on the subject.

- Superior Feint (Ex): from the 2nd level on, the Invisible Blade can Feint as a free action rather than a move action when using a Dagger, a Kukri or a Punching Dagger.

- Agile Fighter: starting at 3rd level, when an Invisible Blade take a full round attack action, he may take a 5 foot step that doesn't provoke attack of opportunity between one attack and another. This free steps cannot exceed his maximum speed. When he reach his maximum speed he stops where he is, but he can still finish his attack action. This ability only works when the Invisible Blade is using a Dagger, a Kukri or a Punching Dagger.

- Feint Mastery (Ex): from the 4th level, the Invisible Blade can always take 10 on his Feint checks. This ability only works when the Invisible Blade is using a Dagger, a Kukri or a Punching Dagger.

- Superior Mobility (Ex): from the 5th level on, the Invisible Blade can take a move action and a full attack action in the same turn at no penalty. Moreover, he gains a +4 bonus to AC against attack of opportunities caused by movement. This bonus stacks with the Mobility feat, but not with the Improved Mobility special ability of the Duelist.

What do you think about it? I wanted to give the class the ability to add Dex to damages at 2nd level and the ability to shaken those foes struck by his bleeding damage at level 4, but I didn't want it to have too much abilities in five levels...or do you guys think it would be okay?

Jormengand
2013-09-26, 12:11 PM
BaB: High, as the Fighter.
Saving Throws: Reflexes high, Fortitude and Will low.
{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|+1|+0|+2|+0|Dagger Sudden Strike 1d6, Canny Dodge, Agile Fighter

2nd|+2|+0|+3|+0|Superior Feint

3rd|+3|+1|+3|+1|Bleeding, Dagger Sudden Strike 2d6

4th|+4|+1|+4|+1|Feint Mastery

5th|+5|+1|+4|+1|Superior Mobility, Dagger Sudden Strike 3d6[/table]

Also, I would say that this is very tempting as a dip class - low requirements and using up a single level to give you Int to AC and a FRAA with tons of 5ft steps in, as well as a minorly nifty sneak attack equivalent.

CinuzIta
2013-09-26, 12:55 PM
well, I hope that it could appeal a player for something more than a single dip..

Maybe I should swap Agile Fighting and Bleeding, in order to not give too many sexy things at first level. And maybe I should specify that her abilities work only with weapons listed in the weapon focus entry, so to not make this too much abusable..maybe by fluffing the thing by saying that she needs to stay agile or that she knows how to do these things only with those weapons!

Jormengand
2013-09-26, 01:13 PM
That's probably for the best. Also, your Invisible Blade seems to be genderfluid, which I'm assuming is not the intention (albeit quite an awesome one if it is):

"...a punching dagger she may add..."
"...can add his Intelligence modifier..."
"...attack action, he may take..."
"When she reach her maximum speed she stops where she is, but she can still finish her attack action.
"...damage from her Dagger Sudden Strike..."
"...per round to her enemy. This damage..."
"...take 10 on his Feint checks."
"Moreover, she gains a..."

CinuzIta
2013-09-26, 01:30 PM
eh, definitely not my intention, gonna fix that! Also, thank you for writing down the progression, as soon as I'll get my hands on a pc I'll edit the first post!

Also, what about those abilities I was thinking to add?

Jormengand
2013-09-26, 01:33 PM
eh, definitely not my intention, gonna fix that! Also, thank you for writing down the progression, as soon as I'll get my hands on a pc I'll edit the first post!

Also, what about those abilities I was thinking to add?

Those are probably also a good idea.