PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Hear No Evil, See No Evil, Speak No Evil...How do I DEAL with Evil?

Zjordan85
2013-09-26, 08:12 AM
TL;DR, Table at bottom of post

So here's the skinny:
As a challenge to myself, and potential backup character, I want to make a character who is Blind, Deaf, and Mute while still being at least functional if not super-effective. Simultaneously, I want to concentrate on a Dex/Con/Wis centric build, hopefully being a support melee with some limited utility.
(Please hold all Helen Keller jokes and comments about the concept until the end of the thread, thank you)

Current ECL is 6th, so I only built up to ECL7, looking for advice on how to proceed after the fact.

I chose to start off with a Human with a single level of Dual Cursed Oracle, taking Blurred Vision and Deaf, with Deaf being the curse that advances.
This isn't full Blindness, but close enough that I'm satisfied.
The Mystery is Battle, the Revelation is Surprise Charge.

0-Level Spells: Detect Magic, Guidance, Resistance, Stabilize
1st-Level Spells: Deathwatch, Cure Light Wounds

Next, I added 6 levels of Hungry Ghost/Qing Gong/Master of Many Styles Monk, with Vow of Silence. Now a lot of you are probably shaking your heads automatically, "Too much Monk, blah blah blah", fine. I'm open to suggestions after these 6 levels are up, but will most likely add a 7th level for the HG/QG abilities that come online.

The Qing Gong abilities for 4th and 5th levels are True Strike and Barkskin.
The MoMS will be a blend of Panther and Crane Styles focusing on Attacks of Opportunity. If I keep adding Monk, Monkey and Snake will be viable candidates.

My ability scores are: Str 10, Dex 16, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 18, Cha 8
I use an "Even's" style build (18/16/14/12/10/8, assign one for each, add racials).

My feat progression is as follows:
Level 1: Combat Reflexes, Panther Style, Crane Style, Punishing Kick
(Note:I shifted the Oracle Level to 2nd)
Level 3: Panther Claw, Crane Wing
Level 5: Panther Parry
Level 7: Weapon Finesse, Crane Riposte

Now, I would like to try and aim for Improved/Greater Trip, but i don't know if that's worth the investment or whether I should just pick up Vicious Stomp and try to make Punishing Kick to all the work, thereby also eliminating the need for a trip weapon. I suppose from here would be where I need the advice. Suggestions?

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|+0|+2|+2|+2|Combat Reflexes, Panther Style, Crane Style, Punishing Kick

2nd|+0|+3|+3|+3|

3rd|+1|+3|+3|+5|Panther Claw, Crane Wing

4th|+2|+4|+4|+6|

5th|+3|+4|+4|+6|Panther Parry

6th|+3|+5|+5|+7|Bonus Feat

7th|+4|+5|+5|+7|Weapon Finesse, Crane Riposte

[/table]

Zjordan85
2013-09-26, 09:55 AM
As an aside, we've added the mythic rules to our current AP. Though I haven't made them a focus of this build, they are available.

Most likely Path is Guardian, with Sudden Block as a Guardian Ability, Retributive Reach as a Path Ability, and possibly Mythic Combat Reflexes as a feat, though that's up in the air.