PDA

View Full Version : Bardbarian!

tricktroller
2013-09-26, 03:48 PM
Ok folks so I know there is some discussion on whether you can Rage and inspire courage etc. Well in the AEG feat book there is a feat called Warsinger that allows you to do both and adds +1 to all your songs if you sing while raging. So I want to build a melee bardbarian possibly a dual wielding pouncing one so help me out here.

Flaw 1 Extra Music
Flaw 2
Human
1st
3rd Warsinger

ACFS
Healing Hymn
Spirit Lion Totem?

I really haven;t played Bard's very often and while I don;t necessarily want cheese I do want to make a badass bardbarian to show my group bards can be cool especially if it is a skald style bard.

Thanks for your time and effort!

Doc_Maynot
2013-09-26, 03:50 PM
Savage bard variant maybe? (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/UA:Bard_Variant:_Savage_Bard) Just for the flavor of Bardbarian (Awesome sounding name btw!)

Logic
2013-09-26, 03:51 PM
I think what you are looking for is a Skald. It's a prestige class (I cannot recall the sourcebook) that blends Bard and Barbarian fairly well.

tricktroller
2013-09-26, 03:52 PM
oh and Stats are

Str 16
Dex 17
Con 17
Int 16
Wis 17
Cha 18

I have heard of the Skald Prc but I am not sure if that is what I am really going for, I will see if I cannot find it. Maybe frostburn? Forgotten realms?

And I don;t think the name is original but it sounded fitting when I wrote it out.

tricktroller
2013-09-26, 03:55 PM
also I don't think the savage bard actually gets any benefits. Maybe a spell he didn't have before? I think it is one of the more useless variants unless I am missing something.

Doc_Maynot
2013-09-26, 03:57 PM
Warrior Skald, Races of Faerun p186 Would be what you are thinking, no?
Oh, and maybe use the snowflake wardance feat from frost burn.

And I mentioned the variant for flavor.

A.A.King
2013-09-26, 04:13 PM
Personally I think War Chanter is good for a Bard-Barian, even though you get neither extra rage, extra spells or beter Inspire Courage (the real killer). What do you get you might wonder? You get Inspire Reckless, which is the charging side of Shock Trooper but without the need to charge and the ability to share (sharing is good). You'll get Combine Song which is nice and you'll get Inspire Legion, the Bardic Equivalent of Divine Power which you can once again share.

hamishspence
2013-09-26, 04:15 PM
"Bardarian" might be a good name for it.

tricktroller
2013-09-26, 04:29 PM
I like Bardbarian personally. Skald seems like the incorrect path but Warchanter looks pretty sweet especially if I am a two handed or twf character.

What do you guys think about a bard/barbarian/dervish/warchanter?

Thinking Bard 2/Barbarian 1/ Bard 5/Dervish 10/ Warchanter 3

Would a Raging dervish dancing snowflake war dancing character be exhausted at the end of their combat? or would they just be fatigued? Do the effects of fatigue stack?

A.A.King
2013-09-26, 04:40 PM
I don't know, you'll want Barbarian 1-2 / Bard 3-4 / War Chanter 10 as a basis. Instead of Extra Music, Extra Rage and you might want to look at Instantanous Rage + Intimidating Rage + Imperious Command + Never Outnumbered (Skill Trick). It keys of Barbarian's Rage and Intimidating as well as the Charisma of the Bard. Doesn't really give you enough room to Two Weapon Fight or for Dodge and Mobility. You also might want to look for something other then Dervish to finish the build of.

tricktroller
2013-09-26, 04:48 PM
Dervish dance wont work with Rage states it explicitly. So no dervish so throw that out! lol

tricktroller
2013-09-26, 05:02 PM
Ok if I took the feat Hounds of Hell from the AEG feat book I would have to be Barbarian at first level but it says, Anyone within 30ft who targets you with a melee attack, ranged attack, or spell effect must succeed at a Will save (DC 10 + Character Level + Charisma Bonus) or become shaken.

Now if I took that how could I use it to stack fear effects to make people poop themselves when they attack me?

Fl1 Extra Rage
Fl2 Hounds of Hell
Human Power Attack
3rd War Singer
6th ?

Barbarian 1/Bard 2 ?

tricktroller
2013-09-26, 05:09 PM
What do you guys think about a bardbarian sublime chord?

It would go

Bard2/Barbarian 1/Bard 5/ Warchanter 3/ Sublime Chord 9

Or something like that.

A.A.King
2013-09-26, 05:28 PM
Not a good idea, requires a lot of skill points to enter and Rage + Spellcasting not a very loving combo.

If you want something a bit crazy, this is something I thought up a while back:

Barbarian 1 / Savage Bard 2 / Fighter 2 / War Chanter 10 / Bear Warrior 5

First level Barbarian, you take Extra Rage, Intimidating rage and Instantanous Rage (Two flaws or Human Bonus Feat). Then another Barbarian and a Bard level. (3rd Level Feat: Power Attack). Two levels of figther for the War Chanter feats. Then 3 levels of War Chanter to get the +7 BaB needed for Bear Warrior 1. (Feats 6th Level Snowflake Wardance & 9th level Imperious Command) take 2 more levels of War Chanter to have Combine Song. Take levels in Bear Warrior till you get 5th level (and thus Brown bear form). Then finish the build by finishing War Chanter.