PDA

View Full Version : Immuniy to nonleathal damage on a troll?

Invader
2013-09-26, 09:11 PM
What's the easiest way to get it?

By ECL 12-13.

Srasy
2013-09-26, 09:17 PM
Having a con score of - disqualifies you from regeneration
But if you are a warforged with trollblooded and the prestige class warforged juggernaut then you can be immune to most damage

Invader
2013-09-26, 09:20 PM
Having a con score of - disqualifies you from regeneration
But if you are a warforged with trollblooded and the prestige class warforged juggernaut then you can be immune to most damage

Hmm you are correct.

I've seen that route but I was hoping for other choices if there are any good ones out there.

tzar1990
2013-09-26, 10:28 PM
Unfortuantely, there's a ruling that if you become immune to nonlethal, your regeneration becomes Fast Healing

The first rule of invincibility is that you don't get to be invincible.

Lord Vukodlak
2013-09-26, 11:14 PM
Unfortuantely, there's a ruling that if you become immune to nonlethal, your regeneration becomes Fast Healing

I've never seen that as an official rule but its certainly a good idea.

Codyage
2013-09-26, 11:34 PM
I am unsure if this would work, but these are two ideas I have had been trying to do.

Troll blooded warforged, with levels in warforged juggernaut. Now you need acid and fire immunity to be immune to everything.

Take any choice of fire immunity, such as the mantle of fiery spirit, or a ritual from SS, or a fire subtype template.

For acid, I am unsure if this is legal for RAW or not, but Blueshine from MiC gets the armor acid, and rusting immunity. I don't know if a warforged's enchanted plating applies to the entire person or not, but if it does, the warforged would be immune to acid, and rusting.

Also, you can always go the way of the ostrich.

Aquatic, Acidborn, Abrian, with boots of the unending journey for acid, and fatigue immunity. Add whatever fire subtype, spell, or immunity you want, and take crimson scourge. All though this would be over ECL 12-13, you would be an acidic ostrich.

Or, Aquatic Acidborn, Abrian, with boots of unending journey, while being a half-undead Gheden, to get dead nerves for immunity to non lethal damage.

Once again, not sure if these would work, but I would love the input.

Edit: Specifically for a troll, try this thread. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228277)

Invader
2013-09-27, 03:53 AM
Unfortuantely, there's a ruling at if you become immune to nonlethal, your regeneration becomes Fast Healing

I haven't seen this either, could you show me where it's from please.

Verditude
2013-09-27, 05:40 AM
It's not an official rule, according to the simple Q&A by RAW thread here.

gooddragon1
2013-09-27, 05:50 AM
Crystalline Troll. Takes lethal only from sonic damage. Silence spell on yourself = Immunity to sonic damage. Comes with drawbacks obviously (you and your allies better know sign language) but there you go.

EDIT: Nvm, Just realized you want outright immunity. A monster does that but not at your level: Atropal (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/abomination.htm#atropal)

Keneth
2013-09-27, 06:01 AM
These threads always remind me of the emerald legion (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101587).

Radar
2013-09-27, 06:04 AM
Being a Gheden (a type of half-undead from Dragon 313) would give you immmunity to non-lethal damage and other threats for a measly LA +1 (you get to keep your CON score, so all is well). The problem is, that it is from Dragon magazine. The other problem is trying not to think, how half-undead creatures are even possible.

This was part of the already linked Emerald Legion construction.

Invader
2013-09-27, 08:12 AM
Being a Gheden (a type of half-undead from Dr 13) would give you immmunity to non-lethal damage and other threats for a measly LA +1 (you get to keep your CON score, so all is well). The problem is, that it is from Dragon magazine. The other problem is trying not to think, how half-undead creatures are even possible.

This was part of the already linked Emerald Legion construction.

I don't see in the description where it says they're immune to non lethal damage but this could work great if I just missed it.

Codyage
2013-09-27, 08:22 AM
I don't see in the description where it says they're immune to non lethal damage but this could work great if I just missed it.

Page 63, Dead Nerves.

Karnith
2013-09-27, 08:23 AM
Ghedens have the Dead Nerves ability, which grants immunity to nonlethal damage, stunning, and death from massive damage. It also imposes some skill penalties and a situational bonus to Concentration checks.

The other problem is trying not to think, how half-undead creatures are even possible.Curses and botched Resurrections are probably the least unpleasant manner in which half-undead are created.

Icarusthefallen
2013-09-27, 08:41 AM
are probably the least unpleasant manner in which half-undead are created.

Seems like you have put some thought into that. Let me not get on your bad side ;)

Invader
2013-09-27, 10:50 AM
Ghedens have the Dead Nerves ability, h grants immunity to nonlethal damage, stunning, and death from massive damage. It also imposes some skill penalties and a situational bonus to Concentration checks.
Curses and botched Resurrections are probably the least unpleasant manner in which half-undead are created.

Ahh I see it now. I was looking on Realms help and I skipped to half-undead trails and it wasn't listed there.

I was actually drawn to the botched resurection fluff myself, that seems like it would have some fun role play opportunities.