PDA

View Full Version : Secret of the velvet door-The training starts

Philemonite
2013-09-27, 11:48 AM
Professor Setros was nervous, but he was also proud. This new group looked quite capable, and with few additions that are coming today he should have a competent unit. A few more would be nice, but will have to work with what he has.
He glanced around the classroom, his gaze stopping at the clock. Eleven more minutes until the operatives arrive. Jessica and Benjamin were already there but the twins still haven't arrived. One more minute and they will be late. The door slowly opened and the twins entered. 15 seconds earlier Alendor thought.
"Alexander/Alexandra Summers, reporting for duty."
"Skip the formalities guy, the operatives are still not here, but they will be soon."

nersxe
2013-09-27, 12:10 PM
Kennen slouched in, hands laced behind his head and elbows out at an angle. Yeah, he was early, what of it? The old lady was restless, and he could claim a little piece of wherever while everyone else faffed around.

"Yo, Prof, what's the good news?" Kennen smirked, ignoring the other people in the room as he hopped a desk and lounged in the chair behind it, propping up his feet.

Today it was a tongue piercing (he'd gotten it over the weekend, and hoo boy had that one hurt) that flashed silver as he spoke, and a hole in the knee of his school uniform. He'd managed to hide his earrings from his father with his ever-lengthening hair, and two silver hoops hung from his right ear, three gold ones in his left.

Chase_D
2013-09-27, 12:55 PM
Will entered the room, about ten to fifteen seconds after Kennen. He was nervous, but excited at the same time. "Hello everyone!" he says as he quickly grabs a seat and sits down in one of the many desks.

As soon as he sits down, he tries to be as still as he can. But no matter what he can't stop thinking of the many questions he wants to ask. Questions like 'How many other people are coming?', or 'How long are classes normally?', and even 'Any good places to hang out'. But he knew better, he knew that he would get a chance...after they finished.

When he...or I guess you could say, they, discovered his potential, he was immediately pulled from his class with little explanation. He was told to "Come to this class from now on, and don't question anyone about it." He was confused but intrigued.

Morbis Meh
2013-09-27, 01:27 PM
Levi sat quitely in the back of the classroom, not caring for social protocol he didn't ever bother to lift his head from the book he was reading. Though the informal use of slang grated his nerves slightly but it was no matter he was more than sure that there would be worse eccentricies of his new classmates that he would have to tolerate. Truthfully, Levi was already in a bad mood, he was forced to transfer from his current academy (one he had already marching to his own beat) to this new one and to make matters worse he was forced to learn japanese in the span of two months. Of course he did it but not out of necessity, oh no he did it out of spite for his father. Calm yourself my darling, your time will come when all obstacles shall be removed from your path.. The chill of her breath upon his ear was comforting and caused Levi to form a slight smile.

Realizing that he had been staring at the same page for the past two minutes, the large man set down his book and removed the pair of reading glasses perched on his nose. The obnoxious one looked like he was in a fight with a stapler and lost, repeatedly and the overly excited demeanor of the other caused Levi to cringe slightly. He also noted that they were both much younger than he was, a fact that disturbed him greatly. He had always been one of the top students wherever he went but if was to be placed along children it either meant that they thought less of him or he was not good enough. The words of his father sang in the back of his mind and the slight smile was quickly replaced with a cold sneer. No matter what he did he would never be worthy: achieving top marks? So what his father had his first PhD by the time he was 16; Piano savant? Big deal, Mozart was composing masterpieces at the age of seven. Though despite all that there was something he could do that was rare, that not even his father could do I WAS CHOSEN BY HER NOT HIM, ME! and to boot he didn't even require one of those lame... 'evokers' to bring it forth.

His smile slowly returned with the influx of his ego and false sense of superiority as Levi patiently waited for whatever class this was to begin.

Moonbeam Funk
2013-09-27, 01:29 PM
Emmerson was nervous. Incredibly, mind-numbingly nervous, with a billion questions buzzing in her head. She was practically frozen in front of the door, her hand inches from the knob. It was not just because of being new to this school, though she was plenty nervous about that. Emmerson is technically a Japanese native, and she has at least a fair degree of confidence about the customs and language. That was not her biggest worry at all.

What troubled Kid Emmerson... was familiarity. This situation felt all too much like an experience barely a year ago. Her homeroom was suddenly changed at the last minute with no explanation. Quite the opposite, Emmerson was supposed to simply not question it at all. Just like then... Called to join a group of students out of the blue... Just like then...

Yeah, just like then... The day after Emmerson awakened to her Persona was a lot like this. The difference is she is much more nervous about this time. Last time she was curious and confused, but now the small girl felt dread.

She hoped. She hoped she was just being paranoid. She hoped that maybe this transfer had another purpose. Was Emmerson in some kind of trouble already on her first day? Impossible. That was completely, utterly beyond impossible.

Yet that is what Kid Emmerson hoped. She thought she had escaped this life for good, and was going to continue believing that as long as she could.

The doorknob was finally grabbed, then hesitantly turned... and slowly pushed. Surely the young girl was being paranoid. Even as she stepped inside and glanced about the room, she desperately clung to that idea. Yes, certainly, the new little student was just being paranoid...

dethkruzer
2013-09-27, 02:55 PM
Davis dragged himself into the classroom, not really even bothering to lift his feet off the ground as he walked, much less actually greeting anyone. His parents had gotten into an argument again that morning, so Davis had left home early, the iterruption his sleep certainly hadn't helped with the nightamares he had experienced that night. Now grumpy and tired as all hell, he took the nearest chair, pushed it roughly behind him as he collapsed onto it, before quite literally faceplanting onto the desk before him.

His eyes struggled to stay open, his breathing slowly becoming shallower as one muscle after another began relaxing, and though what rational parts of his brain tried telling him to stay awake, all that was shunted aside as sleep finally took over.

AnimeKid
2013-09-27, 04:46 PM
Damian walked into the classroom yawning and stretching. He looked around as he blinked for a moment and smiled slightly. "I didn't think that I was seeing things. So we've got some new faces here. Well I'm Damian Rosier. I hope we all get along guys!" His smile is big, but not overly wide like he is trying to show how happy he is. He has a distinctly American accent to his Japanese.

Moonbeam Funk
2013-09-27, 05:16 PM
Emmerson had taken a seat as far away from the others as she could. She did not speak a word to people already there or when other students arrived. Frankly, she didn't plan to greet anyone of her own initiative unless necessary. Things weren't quiet, but that did not discourage Emmerson from her usual habit of keeping to herself. This decision was made even clearer to her when she observed some of her classmates. They certainly seemed like an okay bunch in general, but... Ugh, is that some delinquent with piercings over there? Emmerson always felt uncomfortable around others, but a few of these classmates had her more on edge than usual. She stopped looking around at her fellow students and tried to think about less intimidating things.

oblivion6
2013-09-27, 05:20 PM
Brianna walked into the classroom and promptly Plopped herself down in the chair. It was a lot louder in here than it had been yesterday and for a moment she wondered if she had dreamed all of yesterday. That thought didn't last long, vanishing as soon as she saw pretty boy at the front of the room, smiling as usual. Oh great, he's back, she groaned.

She surveyed the class, marking those who looked familiar--even waving at Damian-- and those who... What in the hell is that? She thought, her eyes resting on one specific person: a boy with long hair and more piercings than she had seen on any one person in a long time. Freakshow better not be actually in this class... She whispered to herself. As soon as she said it she realized how dumb her comment had been. Of course he was in the class. Sophia would love making fun of you if she were here. She winced slightly upon saying Sophia's name and bringing all the memories to the forefront again.

nersxe
2013-09-27, 05:29 PM
What in the hell is that? She thought, her eyes resting on one specific person: a boy with long hair and more piercings than she had seen on any one person in a long time. Freakshow better not be actually in this class... She whispered to herself. As soon as she said it she realized how dumb her comment had been. Of course he was in the class.

"Oi!" Kennen jerked his head in Brianna's direction, snatching his jacket closed where it had fallen open to reveal his Evoker. Incorrectly assuming she'd been judging him for having to use a tool to call on his persona, Kennen yanked his legs down from the desk, stomping his shoes down on the ground.

"My eyes are up here, lady!" He growled, glaring at her balefully. "The only reason to look at my little friend is if you wanna know what happens when I use it on nosy women like you!"

Moonbeam Funk
2013-09-27, 05:46 PM
Emmerson couldn't help but flinch when Kennen spoke out loud so suddenly. It rattled her all the more because for a moment she thought he was talking to her. She didn't jump out of her seat or anything, but it definitely gave her a scare. Emmerson had no clue how she would actually TALK to that boy if she had to, so it was a bit of a relief to realize he was shouting at someone else.

That relief faded in a single instant. The instant Emmerson's eyes caught sight of the Evoker, despair flooded her heart and washed away all hope that this might be an ordinary class. There was no mistaking that "gun" even after not seeing one in so very long. It was truly confirmed now. There was no escaping the fight after all, was there? She froze. She couldn't do anything no matter how much she struggled. For a brief moment, Emmerson considered simply running out of the room. She did not do that. Even if she could bring herself to, her body was immobile.

oblivion6
2013-09-27, 06:03 PM
"Oi!" Kennen jerked his head in Brianna's direction, snatching his jacket closed where it had fallen open to reveal his Evoker. Incorrectly assuming she'd been judging him for having to use a tool to call on his persona, Kennen yanked his legs down from the desk, stomping his shoes down on the ground.

"My eyes are up here, lady!" He growled, glaring at her balefully. "The only reason to look at my little friend is if you wanna know what happens when I use it on nosy women like you!"

Strike two. She didn't have a clue what this idiot was talking about but she didn't like where this was going.

She calmly listened to his scolding and stood up. She wasn't generally one to start fights but she felt that this was justified. You're lucky this isn't yesterday; otherwise I would have dropped you already. Run along now.

nersxe
2013-09-27, 06:08 PM
You're lucky this isn't yesterday; otherwise I would have dropped you already. Run along now.

"Drop me?" Kennen stared, then laughed in disbelief, "little thing like you? Yeah, right. I bet you ain't been in a fist-fight in your entire life. You look like the type what hides behind the big kids when the going gets rough."

He slapped his knee, then threw his feet back up on the desk. "You get a free pass for making me laugh; go do whatever it is uppity little girls do when they're not biting off more than they can chew."

oblivion6
2013-09-27, 06:15 PM
Strike three and you're out, She wasn't one for sports but this basebal metaphor was suprisingly applicable here.

Hiding behind the big kids, huh? Is that really the way you want to play this? She punched him in the groin. Hard.

nersxe
2013-09-27, 06:29 PM
Hiding behind the big kids, huh? Is that really the way you want to play this? She punched him in the groin. Hard.

Kennen shrieked and tipped over onto the floor, letting out a stream of swearwords in English. He curled into the fetal position and cupped himself, calling Brianna a long list of swears in that same language.

That done, he got to all fours, looking up at her. He was a little unsteady, but it wasn't like he hadn't taken shots there before. If he'd been in full fight-mode, he probably wouldn't have even fallen, but with the lack of adrenaline in his system, her cheap shot had the full effect.

"You wanna grab that for me?" He pointed with his chin toward his Evoker, which had clattered to the floor just at Brianna's feet. "Figure you owe me one after endangering my future children, yeah?"

Chase_D
2013-09-27, 06:34 PM
As soon as the punch hit, Will suddenly stood up.

"You guys, knock it off! You've barely met each other and yet your already fighting?"

He quickly moves in between both of them. "Look, just calm down...I know you both want to beat each others brains in...but we're in a classroom right now...."

Xhosant
2013-09-27, 06:36 PM
Soga woke up in a good mood. It was another interesting day, hopefully one of high adventure and his little surprise to top it off with amazement. Go on then, world, surprise me, he cheerfully though to himself.

And boy, was he not disappointed. He walked into the class, where a bunch of people, old and new had gathered. He noticed Davis closely "inspecting" his desk, he noticed their professor next to a boy and a girl that resembled each other greatly. And he walked in to see one of the old guys, a girl, landing a spectacular strike right in a new guy's sensitives.

Just then, a shine caught his eye on the floor, and he realized he was looking at a gun. He suddenly felt yesterday's adrenaline rush back, with a healthy extra serving of realism.

The surprise: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305963
Go ahead and add it to the list ^^

BurntDownDream
2013-09-27, 06:54 PM
Hikaen enters the classroom, as soon as he opens the door he sees the girl from yesterday fighting with someone he had never seen before.

So there are some new people here.

He figured this was not the best time for introductions considering the fight. Looking around a bit more he could recognise another guy from yesterday, someone from the other group if he recalled and Davis.

"Good morning Davis-kun, you apear to be quite tired..."

Hikaen made a pause at that point. He figured Davis would not be in the mood to talk right now and he didn't want to cause him trouble.

"...I'd better let you rest."

His attention the shifted to the fight. He could see something that looked like a gun at the floor.

...Is that a gun?

As soon as he saw it he reached for his card in his pocket. He didn't take it out but he was holding tightly to it ready to step in if something happened.
Then he noticed this girl Jessica from yesterday.

Wait this doesn't seem right. If it was something dangerous then the professor would have made a move, or at least he would have told Jessica to do something about it. She is definately capable enough.

Thinking this he relaxed a bit and started to look around again. Next he noticed that Soga entered the class as well. He must have entered right with him so he didn't notice right away. He notices that he as well was staring at the gun.

"Soga-kun, good morning. Don't mind the gun too much, if it was a real gun then professor and the others would have done something about it. They definitely have the power to do so. Let's just ask the professor when the class starts, I assume it's something else though, different from a gun."

Xhosant
2013-09-27, 07:06 PM
Hikaen's logic was sound, but his instinct could care less. Turning his face in part towards him, but with eyes nailed on it and a hand searching his pocket for the card (Do they even work out here?), he tried to reply.

"I really hope you have a point. Morning to you as well. You too, Davis."

"So, uh... any clue what we're doing here today? And if you guys are free this afternoon, I've found just where I'll get you those promised drinks." Soga honestly did his best to strike up conversation, but it was kinda tricky between the gun, the sounds of the arguing trio and what could possibly be snoring coming from Davis.

AnimeKid
2013-09-27, 07:40 PM
Strike two. She didn't have a clue what this idiot was talking about but she didn't like where this was going.

She calmly listened to his scolding and stood up. She wasn't generally one to start fights but she felt that this was justified. You're lucky this isn't yesterday; otherwise I would have dropped you already. Run along now.

"Drop me?" Kennen stared, then laughed in disbelief, "little thing like you? Yeah, right. I bet you ain't been in a fist-fight in your entire life. You look like the type what hides behind the big kids when the going gets rough."

He slapped his knee, then threw his feet back up on the desk. "You get a free pass for making me laugh; go do whatever it is uppity little girls do when they're not biting off more than they can chew."

Strike three and you're out, She wasn't one for sports but this basebal metaphor was suprisingly applicable here.

Kennen shrieked and tipped over onto the floor, letting out a stream of swearwords in English. He curled into the fetal position and cupped himself, calling Brianna a long list of swears in that same language.

That done, he got to all fours, looking up at her. He was a little unsteady, but it wasn't like he hadn't taken shots there before. If he'd been in full fight-mode, he probably wouldn't have even fallen, but with the lack of adrenaline in his system, her cheap shot had the full effect.

"You wanna grab that for me?" He pointed with his chin toward his Evoker, which had clattered to the floor just at Brianna's feet. "Figure you owe me one after endangering my future children, yeah?"

Damian face palmed at how quickly Brianna whispering something, he didn't know what which is kinda point of whispering, escalated to punching a guy in the groin. Though the punk did have it coming. Walking over to stand near Brianna he looked at the weapon on the floor. "Your the one carrying around a gun and you want to complain when she nut checks you? That makes sense. Though I think we should all calm down before someone does something they regret. Not that you didn't have that coming. Still didn't think you would throw a punch like that Brianna. You even had your fist positioned the right way."

oblivion6
2013-09-27, 09:06 PM
[[Sorry, internet acting up.]]

That was fun! Nothin like a good fight to wake yourself up! She thought, her adrenaline pumping. Of course most of "fights" were more in the nature of friendly arguments with Sophia, but that was beside the point.

She ignored Will. No way in hell was he going to stand in her way if freakshow deserved another punch. Maybe one to the nose? She looked at Damian. I'm not just a pretty face and brains, She smiled one of her rare smiles; being in a good mood at the moment after punching Kennen. Gods she felt alive. Sophia used to teach me before... Her voice trailed off for a moment. My best friend showed me how.

She kicked the gun away, towards freakshow. She didn't think he had it in him to shoot her. And even if he did... Well, she'd get to see Sophia again. Kids... Thats funny. You got a find a woman dumb enough to take you first. And I promise you that sure as hell won't be me.

Deerpoob
2013-09-27, 09:12 PM
Liu arrives to what appears to be a quickly escalating argument between a girl he recognized as Brianna, a member of the other group, as well as a new and rather odd looking young man, he quietly slips in and crosses his arms as he watches the two go back and forth, Brianna seems to have hit him in the groin and the boy has dropped some sort of gun, just what was going on? he debated inserting himself into the situation and attempting to mediate but it appeared several others were already attempting just that, Brianna seemed to be a short tempered girl and the boy was feeding off that, poison feeding disease feeding poison or something else, his father was always the metaphorical one.

Approaching a desk somewhat near the group just in case, he watched them both as the tense moments continued he decided to let things cool off before he spoke to anyone, just letting it play out, let them get there aggression out with words, Brianna's assault could be dealt with later as long as it did not escalate again, she seemed calmer now, perhaps that'd be the end of it, over moments after he had arrived.

nersxe
2013-09-27, 09:18 PM
Kids... Thats funny. You got a find a woman dumb enough to take you first. And I promise you that sure as hell won't be me.

Kennen holstered his Evoker, moving so he had one foot on the floor and one knee on the floor, his hand resting on his knee as the pain finished receding. "Can't say I'd ever want it to be you," he commented, "don't think I'd want my kids to go about punching blokes in their danglies just for some harsh words."

"And as for the rest of you," he stood, pulling his jacket back so it exposed the Evoker holster. "You call yourself persona-users and you don't know what an Evoker is? It's just like one of your silly little cards, 'cept this won't get ruined if someone has a hissy at it. Now go mind your own business, I don't need minders and neither does the 'lady' here."

He took his seat as if nothing had happened, throwing his feet up again and cradling the back of his head in his hands, eyes closing as he tuned everyone out.

Moonbeam Funk
2013-09-27, 09:53 PM
Emmerson did her best to just block out all her surroundings. The people, violence, and noise slowly faded from her mind as she closed her eyes. She inhaled deeply, then slowly exhaled. Things were so chaotic right off the bat. To her, the only silver lining at the moment was that at least she herself was not the center of attention. Still, Emmerson knew she would not convienently be ignored for the rest of the year. Could she survive this ordeal on top of Shadows again? She certainly had many doubts about that.

Chase_D
2013-09-27, 10:06 PM
Will relaxes after much tension, and simply lets off a small sigh, before breaking a smile.

"Well, anyhow. I suppose I should introduce myself." He says, still standing near Kennen and Brianna.

"My name is Will, Will Burkley." He says as he bows to the class.

"And if you don't mind me asking, what are your names?"

Will tries to hide his confusion over these Evokers and such, he never heard of stuff like this up until this point and can only assume its part of the reason of him being here.

Deerpoob
2013-09-27, 10:11 PM
Eager to move past the confrontation Liu stands up and bows lightly "I am Liu Tian, A pleasure to meet you" he said to the new young man, Will Burkley, then looks to the girl he had noticed but had yet to speak, she seemed to be avoiding attention "And your name miss?" he tried to be as unintimidating as possible, a simple friendly greeting if he could manage it.

AnimeKid
2013-09-27, 10:42 PM
[[Sorry, internet acting up.]]

That was fun! Nothin like a good fight to wake yourself up! She thought, her adrenaline pumping. Of course most of "fights" were more in the nature of friendly arguments with Sophia, but that was beside the point.

She ignored Will. No way in hell was he going to stand in her way if freakshow deserved another punch. Maybe one to the nose? She looked at Damian. I'm not just a pretty face and brains, She smiled one of her rare smiles; being in a good mood at the moment after punching Kennen. Gods she felt alive. Sophia used to teach me before... Her voice trailed off for a moment. My best friend showed me how.

She kicked the gun away, towards freakshow. She didn't think he had it in him to shoot her. And even if he did... Well, she'd get to see Sophia again. Kids... Thats funny. You got a find a woman dumb enough to take you first. And I promise you that sure as hell won't be me.

Kennen holstered his Evoker, moving so he had one foot on the floor and one knee on the floor, his hand resting on his knee as the pain finished receding. "Can't say I'd ever want it to be you," he commented, "don't think I'd want my kids to go about punching blokes in their danglies just for some harsh words."

"And as for the rest of you," he stood, pulling his jacket back so it exposed the Evoker holster. "You call yourself persona-users and you don't know what an Evoker is? It's just like one of your silly little cards, 'cept this won't get ruined if someone has a hissy at it. Now go mind your own business, I don't need minders and neither does the 'lady' here."

He took his seat as if nothing had happened, throwing his feet up again and cradling the back of his head in his hands, eyes closing as he tuned everyone out.

Damian smiles at Brianna in his usual kind way. Just to show he was there for her. Though when Kennan spoke up he just snorted. Yeah, this guy was a lot like some of the other jerks he had to get to lay off of other people back at his old school. Hopefully this time he wouldn't have to break bones for the message to get across. Seeing as she could take care of herself he nodded at her and moved away to interact with the rest of the class.

Emmerson did her best to just block out all her surroundings. The people, violence, and noise slowly faded from her mind as she closed her eyes. She inhaled deeply, then slowly exhaled. Things were so chaotic right off the bat. To her, the only silver lining at the moment was that at least she herself was not the center of attention. Still, Emmerson knew she would not convienently be ignored for the rest of the year. Could she survive this ordeal on top of Shadows again? She certainly had many doubts about that.

That time may come sooner than Emmerson thought as when Damian moved away from Brianna it was over to her. He looked down at her with a kind smile as he said, "Hey there. Couldn't help but notice that you were a little quiet over here. I'm Damian Rosier. What's your name?"

Moonbeam Funk
2013-09-27, 11:41 PM
Although she was not a social child little girl young woman, Emmerson was also very against being outright rude to people. As nerve-wracking as it was for three boys to ask for a name at roughly the same time, two of them having spoken to her directly, she would not ignore them. In her polite and formal Japanese, somewhat put off due to her stuttering nervousness though, she responded in a voice just barely audible. The sound perfectly matched her image, honestly giving the impression that she should instead be an elementary schooler.

"Um, my n-name... ? It's... Emmerson. J-just Emmerson, if you don't mind... Nice to m-meet you, Burkley-san... Tian-san... Rosier-san..." Her Japanese half to her heritage was quite apparent despite living in America most of her life. Thanks to her mother's teaching, Emmerson's accent and pronunciation were pretty much spot on, granted with a little less Japanese accent emphasis on what she knew were clearly western names like her own, Will's, and Damien's. It would be hard for an American to tell the child-sized isn't a native if she herself didn't have such an obviously non-Japanese name.

BurntDownDream
2013-09-28, 04:54 AM
"Good morning Liu-kun, are you well?

Hikaen aproaches the group with this phrase, then turns to Emmerson and Will and says with a smile.

"Nice to meet you Emmerson-san, Will Burkley-san, I am Hikaen Kezu."

He then turns to Damian.

"So your name was Damian Rosier. I saw you yesterday but since I was late I didn't get to hear your name."

Hikaen was talking in a friendly way while smiling. He then once again turns to everyone and says: "I hope we get along everyone."

He then once again turns to Damian

"By the way, I wanted to ask: what happened to you guys yesterday?"

Xhosant
2013-09-28, 06:14 AM
"Name's Soga, Soga Tareso. A honor to meet you."

Slightly quieter, to avoid the teacher's attention, he continued.

"And Sleepy here is Davis-kun. He looked a bit too tired after yesterday's "field trip" and I guess he hasn't yet recovered. Best to cut him some slack."

Philemonite
2013-09-28, 06:56 AM
Professor Setros was observing the new operatives, they were as he expected, a bunch of spoiled children. It doesn't matter, he has faced that before. He looked at clock. Five more minutes. As the Evoker landed on the floor a slight smile appeared on his face. It has been a long time since held one of those. Even with the groin attack he didn't want to interfere, they need to learn on their own. He looked at the clock again, it was almost time. He looked at Jessica, nodded and whispered "Now".
"Silence!!!" the girl screamed. A nasty smile appeared on her face as she took control of the class. "Sit your asses down and start paying attention, the class has already started. Otherwise I will have to get very creative with my heels."
"Jess, I told you to stop with the evil smiles, your face might freeze that way." Alexandra whispers before stepping forward.
"I am Alexandra, those who wish to learn more about the subtle art of manipulation can report to me.
This is Alexander." She points to her brother. "You can ask him anything about physical combat. Some of you have already met Benjamin and Jessica. Jessica is the best person to ask about elemental manipulation and Benjamin can help you if you wish to support your team. Professor Setros can answer any question you might have, and we will await you at the Door."
Professor Setros just nods and she leaves the room before the new operatives realize what is going on. Her brother follows right behind her, but Benjamin and Jessica manage to send one more smile/frown to the new operative before leaving.
"Now that we are finished with that we can get to the point. Those of you who attended yesterday's field trip know why you are here. Those of you who haven't already have some experience. You have already been on the other side of the Velvet Door, and you know what to expect. Communicators and Velvet cards are waiting for you, if you wish to join." He points to the table. "We also have a few Evokers, if you wish to us them. Unfortunately, time is not a luxury we posses. That is why I need your answer right now, our next expedition starts in 20 minutes."

dethkruzer
2013-09-28, 07:30 AM
The commotion caused by Briannas and Kennens little scuffle did have the most likely unintended side effect of stirring Davis from his slumber. He grumbled incoherently for a moment before lifting his head up to have a look around. It was at this time he noticed some new people in class, having somehow ignored them when he first entered class.

propping his head up the table with one hand, turning his attention to Liu, Hikaen and Soga, who appeared to be introducing themselves to some of the new students.

"I'm Davis, Davis Willburn. A pleasure to make your acquintance." Davis in turn introduced, uttering the last phrase in some rather oddly accented british english.

nersxe
2013-09-28, 10:11 AM
Kennen cracks an eyelid, then swings his feet off the desk. "Yeah, whatever, let's go. Prof, you got my knives in the safe? My 'handler' at the old school told me I couldn't carry 'em in the school."

'Not that it stopped me,' he thought to himself, one of his favorite knives solid against the small of his back, 'but I wouldn't want them knowing I got one over on them so soon.'

oblivion6
2013-09-28, 10:42 AM
All previous trace of Brianna's good mood vanished when the Alexandria girl started speaking. Benjamin was to be her teacher? She groaned. This isn't going to be fun. Then an idea occured to her and she smiled. A grim smile, but still a smile. Maybe the Shadows eat him for breakfast! She stood up. I stuck around in this convoluted class this long, I might as well see it through. She said, mainly to Professor Setros.[/color] In a softer voice that proably wouldn't carry to the Professor, she continued. Sooner we get in there the sooner i'm done with Little Miss Sunshine.

dethkruzer
2013-09-28, 11:44 AM
Davis pushed himself up into a proper sitting position, letting his head flail around a bit, before focusing on Setros. "Yeah, I have a question for ya,doc. Would it absolutely kill the operation if I went and got some coffee before we leave?" He replies in a tone that was half-way serious, half-way sarcastic.

BurntDownDream
2013-09-28, 12:15 PM
Hikaen took a seat and then faced the professor with a serious look on his face.

"I think it's high time someone asked. Why the hell are we going in there if it's so dangerous anyways?"

The group was way too organised for them to be doing this out of curiosity. So maybe because they could potentialy pose a threat, those shadow things? Or this could be a goverment project in order to produce better weapons? He didn't even want to think about the later.

I will probably stay no matter what I hear but we need to know none the less.

Deerpoob
2013-09-28, 12:16 PM
Glad to see someone was able to keep the group calm, though he couldn't say he liked this woman, either inside or outside of the velvet room, he knew what this group needed if they were going to survive was some semblance of order.

They were offering new cards up to the new people, as well as these "evokers" which he assumed somehow served the same purpose. Liu stood up and quietly moved to a part of the class that had a fair amount of empty space, he began a sort of quiet kata, it had practiced it the night before, it was meant to limber up the practitioner, in fact it was one soldiers would use before battle.

His eyes stare forward in concentration as the class begins to prepare for another trip into the velvet room, he would be more ready this time.

Chase_D
2013-09-28, 12:30 PM
"Nice to meet you all." Will says. He was glad that he knew most of the names of his classmates.

He looks briefly at Kennen and Brianna, before walking over to the table. He put the communicator in his ear and took one of the velvet cards on the table. He finally looked at the Evokers on the table. They looked so much like real guns...

He picked one up and felt how heavy it was, he would swear that it was a real gun by the feel of it.

nersxe
2013-09-28, 12:36 PM
He finally looked at the Evokers on the table. They looked so much like real guns...

He picked one up and felt how heavy it was, he would swear that it was a real gun by the feel of it.

"It feels like the real thing, when you've first got it to your head," Kennen whispered into Will's ear. He'd come up behind the other persona-user while Will was distracted by the Evokers.

He stepped back, uncharacteristically sober, blue eyes somber and serious. "You put it up to your temple, and you're damned convinced you're about to buy it. You try to squeeze the trigger and you can't, because that lizard part of your brain, the one that wants to survive at all costs, tells you you're going to die. And then something big and nasty is in your face, and you tell yourself it's either the gun or the monster- and you do it." Kennen shook his head. "You can feel it. You feel bits of yourself blowing out of the side of your head, and then for a second you're absolutely obliterated, you don't exist- then your persona's there, and it's all chaos and blood and crying."

A few moments, then Kennen reached past Will for a card, holding it between two fingers to make his point. "Put the gun down, mate. Stick to playing cards." And Kennen walked away.

AnimeKid
2013-09-28, 12:55 PM
Damian looks at the professor as he says, "If I faced shadowy monsters from another dimension an didn't want to be here I wouldn't even be in the room. So theres your answer I guess. I do agree that I want to know what this is all for though, because I'm pretty sure that it's not for sh*ts and giggles."

Chase_D
2013-09-28, 02:00 PM
Will felt a bit of the color drain from his face as Kennen told him what it's like. He felt like he shouldn't take it, but for some reason he compelled himself to hold on to it.

"I-I think I'll be fine thanks." he says, trying to not think about that encounter he just had.

Moonbeam Funk
2013-09-28, 02:32 PM
Emmerson's body trembled the more she heard the teachers speak. Her small hands gripped the desk to keep her held in place. I can't run after all... I thought I could, but... There's no escaping them, is there? If she were the type to make jokes, she would've made a crack like, "Heh, these people or the Shadows?" Even then it would be just as serious as it would be a joke. The small girl wanted to leave both of those groups behind, yet fate reeled her back in.

No escape... I can't even say I lost my Evoker as an excuse... Going through this again... What did I do to deserve this nightmare? Was I dreadfully evil in a past life? Her thoughts continued on in this fashion for several minutes, until she was one of the last in the room with no Velvet Card or Evoker. What to do? The professor certainly implied in his speech, yet Emmerson remained in the room. Why was this? Well, part of her simply thought that was a lie, a trick. However, a tiny piece of her heart shined. Beneath the negativity, the anger, the despair... Kid Emmerson wanted to believe.

She wanted to think that maybe this was not a horrible thing. There was hope, albeit not a lot, but just a little faith goes a long way. A little faith goes a long way... The saying felt familiar. She was pretty sure her mother said it first. Or was it grandma? Maybe an even older ancestor? Regardless, it was a popular saying around her mother's family's shrine, even if a bit cheesy. Emmerson wanted to both run and stay, but despite that conflict still raging on, she was already walking over to pick up a new Evoker. However, approaching the table was the easy part.

She knew what Evokers were and how they worked, even though the professor said nothing of either to the class yet. That did not make her feel any better about it. Apparently most of the others used cards to tap into their Persona, but that was so unfamiliar to Emmerson. She had wanted to avoid summoning it again at all, but if she had to, she would at least prefer the dread she knows over the mysterious one. One of her small hands rested on the grip of what looked like a shiny new handgun. Out of context, this scene would look just like a curious child finding their father's hidden self-defense gun and about to go wave it around the house with the safety off.

Actually, that isn't a bad metaphor for this situation. Emmerson felt like a kid biting off more than she should. Ironically, this was debatably a lot more dangerous than the pistol metaphor. Still, she did not want to be a child in over her head. She wanted to take on the challenge like she knew a grown woman could. That final thought was what caused her fingers to close around the Evoker's handle, and pick it up along with a card and communicator before she nervously returned to her seat.

During the entire trip back to her desk which took an eternity, Kid Emmerson stared at the gun in her hand.

Morbis Meh
2013-09-28, 05:05 PM
Levi watches the scene with muted boredom, a squabble among children nothing more, Please tell me I don't have to baby sit these kids.... Standing up from his desk he casually walks towards the front of the classroom, he doesn't bother to speak to any of them even the ones who try to greet him, he doesn't care to know who they are for this was merely a small blip in time. As he passed the really loud punk, who he towers over, he turns his face to look at him squarely in the eye and with a slight smile he says "nekompetentnyy" before grabbing a card off of the table. He took a brief moment to inspect the card then walked towards the aggressive woman name 'Jessica'.

He coolly studied her, pondering over what help such a uncouth woman could teach him. Levi turned and regarded the professor with a tired expression "Would it not be possible to leave sooner, I fear that if we linger any longer that pinhead over here will lose more than his pride and his ability to father offspring. Though that may be for the benefit for the would so maybe we should offer the lady some form of reward for a public service rendered..." His accent is quite thick and the words come out harshly.

nersxe
2013-09-28, 05:22 PM
For Kennen, it was like Levi's attentions flipped a switch in him. The Russian was huge, built like a truck with about as much grace, and his eyes dismissed everything and everyone- but Kennen could get to like that. He wouldn't be so easily ignored, not like everyone else. No, he was going to get this guy's attention and keep it, and the guy was going to like it.

"If you want someone to get their mitts on my man-bits so much, you could always volunteer," Kennen smirked, leaning against one of the walls while everyone got organized.

Morbis Meh
2013-09-28, 05:35 PM
Levi continued to ignore the little man, people like that always cried out for attention either through grovelling or indignation. Way too easy of a puppet, all Levi had to do was keep on denying what the little man sought most: validation of his existence. Give it a few more days and Napoleon here would be putty in his hands. Instead he simply pulls out a well worn pocket watch and looks at it to give off a feeling of impatience, something to wind up his new toy soldier.

Deerpoob
2013-09-28, 06:40 PM
Once again the guy who seemed to be the very definition of trouble maker was at it, was one hit to the genitals not enough to quiet him down for a day? Liu continued to do the stretches for a little while longer, he wondered if these kids even cared that they were about to risk there lives, some of them might not make it back this time it would likely be real, not a faked fight like it had been before they could be completely obliterated, there bodies left to rot in the velvet room and this Kennen was talking about people groping him.

He took a deep breath and stopped his routine, then reached to his waist where a small hard leather pouch was, he supposed kids might use it to store cards for a game or something but he had figured it would be useful not only for his personas card but other small things that might be useful in the velvet room, such as a small flashlight and matches as well as an energy bar incase they were inside for a while.

He went and stood by the door, taking a position near it with his hands behind him and his shoulders resting against the walll, waiting for the excursion to begin and watching the others with mild interest, despite not liking all of them he certainly didn't want them to be killed or hurt, a human enemy was still a human they could be reasoned to, talked down, the enemies they faced inside likely wouldn't be like that.

Xhosant
2013-09-28, 07:22 PM
Soga couldn't but notice the girl's (Emmerson, wasn't it?) movements. She silently walked up to the gun case and hesitantly picked one, and she hadn't taken her eyes off since.

She was afraid of the tool, something to be expected if she knew little about it. But she also seemed familiar with it. She knew what it was, yet she was afraid of it. Something didn't add up. She seemed troubled, and even without that his curiosity would have gotten the better of him. He quietly approached her.

"Um, excuse me... Emmerson-San, was it? You seem troubled. You've been nervous for a while now, and the device seems to worry you..."

Moonbeam Funk
2013-09-28, 08:08 PM
"H-huh? Oh..." Emmerson snapped out of her momentary trance, but she didn't like where Soga was headed with this conversation. "It's n-nothing at all, really. Um... I apologize if I w-worried you..." Her Japanese was as flawless and formal as it was before, even though she wasn't completely calm.

BurntDownDream
2013-09-29, 03:15 AM
"Let her make her resolve Soga-kun. I might be wrong but it seems like she is more familiar with what we faced yesterday than we are."

Hikaen talked without averting his gaze from the professor.

"We should focus on getting as much info as we can out of the professor. I don't think he's planning to give us an explanation, but he seems willing to answer questions, for now at least. Lets make use of that while we can."

Hikaen had a serious look on his face, one that you could rarely see him with. Even yesterday at the fight he was having this psycho grin painted on his face, that one would say looked creepy. You could say he looked like a commander right before a dangerous battle right now, though he wouldn't want to play a role like that since it was against his ideals.

Philemonite
2013-09-29, 04:23 AM
"This is a school, not your local hangout. No knives."
He makes a dramatic pause to emphasize his words.
"I don't care what you do in your free time, but when the class starts you will act appropriately. Once that bell rings all your personal squabbles stop.
You know where the door is, I expect you to be there in..."
He turns to the big clock on the wall.
"...17 minutes. If you can manage that you are excused."
He makes another pause before continuing.
"You are going there because it would be even more dangerous if those things came to us. Today's trip might bring you some answers, along with many more questions. As for the Evokers" he points to the guns on the table "they are used to bring out your persona. They mess with the user's emotional state, forcing the persona out. Some people are used to it, but it mostly replaced by cards. Cards develop link with the user, and they are individual."

dethkruzer
2013-09-29, 05:39 AM
"Arigato." Davis replies with an over-emphasized british accent, before standing up. He then began walking out of class, in no particular hurry. Upon exiting the class, he would pick up the pace, he didn't want to risk being late.

Xhosant
2013-09-29, 05:58 AM
"H-huh? Oh..." Emmerson snapped out of her momentary trance, but she didn't like where Soga was headed with this conversation. "It's n-nothing at all, really. Um... I apologize if I w-worried you..." Her Japanese was as flawless and formal as it was before, even though she wasn't completely calm.

Soga acknowledged Hikaen's advice with a nod. He wouldn't push her, but she'd leave something for her to take at her leisure, so to speak.

"No need to."

"Well, being worried is natural, I guess. But I can tell you everyone I've fought along is strong and reliable, and they won't let anyone come to harm. I can only guess on whether the others are as trustworthy, but there's no reason to doubt it either. Plus, last time things got dangerous, Jessica-senpai was there before we even saw the threat, and did short work of it. So, don't worry. It's all gonna go smoothly."

"Besides, it's not like I'm gonna let a fellow classmate come to harm, right?" That bit was kind of a hollow promise, since he wasn't that strong or experienced, but he had to look, and he felt, confident.

BurntDownDream
2013-09-29, 06:22 AM
"There is another thing I would like to ask. What do we know about those shadows? Where did they come from, do they have any weaknesses? Anything will do."

This is going to be the last question for now. I think it would be more exciting to learn the rest through action.

Saying this Hikaen glanced over to Soga and Emmerson. He saw that Soga understood him. Emmerson seemed to be a timid person and so she needed time. As for bonding with the others, the fight with the shadows would be more than enough. Next he takes a small notebook out of his pocket. He didn't open it, he just looked at it deep in thought, then he looks back at the professor waiting for an answer.

nersxe
2013-09-29, 10:53 AM
Kennen sighed. "Yeah, whatever. Gotta ruin my fun, prof."

He sauntered over to Levi's side. "So, big guy, you wanna show me where the door's at? If you wanna take a little detour on the way there, I'm up for it."

Morbis Meh
2013-09-29, 11:06 AM
Levi smiles inwardly but his face remains unchanged like stone, he grabs a communicator and looks at the professor "If you expect me to act as a body guard and a babysitter then expect a bill charged to the school. I have little time for someone who is bound to get in my way or heaven forbid, endanger myself. He can't even manifest without a 'toy' or focus his energy into a weapon on the other side of the door." He turns away and begins towards the 'door' before the professor can reply, the act was more meant to be more of a statement to rile up the 'punk' than to get any sort of sympathy. If the idiot began running around screaming he would act as the perfect bait for shadows and make it much easier to hunt them.

nersxe
2013-09-29, 11:15 AM
He can't even manifest without a 'toy' or focus his energy into a weapon on the other side of the door."

A small muscle in Kennen's face twitched. The barb had stung unexpectedly; normally he'd get pricked and jump on the offender, but this was a little different. He had a mission. He had a goal.

"I'd be careful about underestimating what my weapons can do, big guy," Kennen said, tailing Levi. "I've had a knife in my hands since before you knew what the pointy end was for."

Morbis Meh
2013-09-29, 11:28 AM
As he walks away a smile is on Levi's face, of course no one else could see it "What good is a knife when one cannot reach their opponent? Also I am sure stabbing elderly ladies for their purse is a wonderful, enriching experience that has taught you well but my training is with a weapon that is much more useful in actual combat. Though if I have need of a tooth pick I will be sure to ask you for one. "

Xhosant
2013-09-29, 11:47 AM
"Let's go, shall we?"

Soga turned to head for the basement. He paused by Davis and told him, too quietly to overhear"Tell Liu and Hikaen that we'll meet over at the spot after today's trip, if I don't get the chance to. Kogoro too, if you happen to see him."

AnimeKid
2013-09-29, 12:18 PM
Damien stood up from his stretching as he said, "Well looks like we are the ones holding back the tide of monsters, huh Brianna? Guess we know why we're here, so what do you say we give those shadows a what-for! Come on Brianna we don't want to be late to the Door!" Damien would then head quickly to the Velvet Door, making sure Brianna was following.

dethkruzer
2013-09-29, 01:05 PM
Davis leaned a bit over toward Soga. "I'll tell them if I get the chance, but I'll need to get some coffee first." He spoke before yawning. "I'll see you at the door then." The youth continued, before nodding, and started jogging down the hall, looking for some place that served coffee.

Xhosant
2013-09-29, 01:09 PM
Coffee. Solid thinking, do that., Soga thought to himself.

He never was one with a taste for coffee, but if it could get Davis in a fighting condition from his state, it would earn a special kind of respect from him.

oblivion6
2013-09-29, 01:35 PM
Damien stood up from his stretching as he said, "Well looks like we are the ones holding back the tide of monsters, huh Brianna? Guess we know why we're here, so what do you say we give those shadows a what-for! Come on Brianna we don't want to be late to the Door!" Damien would then head quickly to the Velvet Door, making sure Brianna was following.

What about giving that creep, Benjamin, a what-for? She said, following Damien. Or maybe Kennen or whatever the hell his name is? Sounds like fun to me!

She still didn't know what to make of Damien and his self-proclaimed friendship with her. He seemed nice enough and hadn't yet pried into her past, but she couldn't help but wonder why? What was it he wanted from her to make such an attempt to befriend her?

AnimeKid
2013-09-29, 02:02 PM
What about giving that creep, Benjamin, a what-for? She said, following Damien. Or maybe Kennen or whatever the hell his name is? Sounds like fun to me!

She still didn't know what to make of Damien and his self-proclaimed friendship with her. He seemed nice enough and hadn't yet pried into her past, but she couldn't help but wonder why? What was it he wanted from her to make such an attempt to befriend her?

"Benjamin, nah. Nothing wrong with being a nice guy. Though there is something....off about him. Kennen however, if that guy starts bothering again I got your back. *chuckle* But from what I saw you might not even need my help."

Chase_D
2013-09-29, 02:51 PM
Will decides to tag along with someone, since he had no idea where the Velvet Door was. He catches up to Damien and Brianna.

"Hope you two don't mind if I tag along, besides I don't think that Kid with the Piercings would like it if I hung around him..."

Will takes a second and gives a small chuckle.

"You sure did show him up however."

oblivion6
2013-09-29, 03:09 PM
Brianna shrugged. I did warn him. Had he been here yesterday I wouldn't have even done that for him.

Moonbeam Funk
2013-09-29, 03:57 PM
Emmerson nodded her head a little to show she had been listening. She still had a lot of hesitation, though in her mind it was pointless to try avoiding it. Perhaps things would go more smoothly with a bigger group after all. Then again, needing more to begin with probably means the Shadow threat is that much worse, right? Despite the fear, Emmerson did feel a bit better

"Thank you very much, u-um..." Suddenly, she realized she didn't know the boy's name. Well, not that it mattered, since he left not long after. The girl then remembered overhearing the answer, at least his given name. "Soga-kun," was it? Soga-kun... She thought to herself. He was so kind to her, and even pretty much promised he would protect her. Why was he so nice? To Emmerson, it didn't make a lot of sense for someone to care much about her. Yet the sentiment did not feel bad. Recalling Soga's words gave her a warm feeling, even though she doesn't completely buy into them.

Emmerson stood up, grabbed her school bag, and started to walk. Yes, there was no escaping the fact she would again enter a Velvet Door. However... Maybe it wouldn't be so horrible? Right... I'll be safe with them... Perhaps... She was still thinking to herself as she followed, a fair qmount of distance between herself and the others.

Deerpoob
2013-09-30, 09:08 AM
Liu let most of the group filter out, it seemed despite a fair amount of animosity the group had at least started cementing some friendships, perhaps the whole thing wouldn't fall apart.

Walking along behind a small group heading to the door he removed his card from the little pouch and looked at it quietly, he never thought of himself as shy but truthfully he felt a little strange just going up to and talking to someone else, but still he felt a odd sort of need to help them out, he supposed that seem a little odd...he resolved to try and actually have talked to someone before they left the velvet door again.

nersxe
2013-09-30, 11:11 AM
"What good is a knife when one cannot reach their opponent? Also I am sure stabbing elderly ladies for their purse is a wonderful, enriching experience that has taught you well but my training is with a weapon that is much more useful in actual combat. Though if I have need of a tooth pick I will be sure to ask you for one. "

"Oh, please," Kennen waved Levi off, "stabbing little old ladies is cliche and the stupid kind of illegal." He tucked his card into an inside pocket of his school jacket. "That said, if you wanna stand in-between me and the baddies, I am so up for that."

Morbis Meh
2013-09-30, 01:07 PM
"Oh, please," Kennen waved Levi off, "stabbing little old ladies is cliche and the stupid kind of illegal." He tucked his card into an inside pocket of his school jacket. "That said, if you wanna stand in-between me and the baddies, I am so up for that."

"Typical American, making others do dirty work for you while you take credit, is that not American Way?" Leaving was laughing inside, hoping the bait would be snatched up eagerly by the firebrand. He could care less about his nation's diplomatic relations with the US. Those were petty tantrums throw around by small men who wanted to be remembered. No he was banking on the tried and true patriotism bred into the majority of the US population. Of course he could be called a commie ba$tard but he thought that was hilarious since he definitely believed that the world was not equal and should by no means be legislated as such. "Come along little cowboy, let us see your true skill and not empty words.

AnimeKid
2013-09-30, 01:08 PM
Will decides to tag along with someone, since he had no idea where the Velvet Door was. He catches up to Damien and Brianna.

"Hope you two don't mind if I tag along, besides I don't think that Kid with the Piercings would like it if I hung around him..."

Will takes a second and gives a small chuckle.

"You sure did show him up however."

Damien shrugs as he says, "I'm cool if you hang with us at least. As for Saprano over there? Don't worry about him too much. Most people like him are all bluster."

nersxe
2013-09-30, 01:22 PM
"Typical American, making others do dirty work for you while you take credit, is that not American Way?"

"American?" True surprise, uncolored by his usual hostility or sarcasm, appeared on Kennen's face. "Uh, no. Never stepped foot in the 'States, I'm afraid."

"Come along little cowboy, let us see your true skill and not empty words.

Kennen chuckled, "yeah, well. When I knock 'em dead, it won't be just words, now will it?"

Chase_D
2013-09-30, 01:37 PM
Damien shrugs as he says, "I'm cool if you hang with us at least. As for Saprano over there? Don't worry about him too much. Most people like him are all bluster."

Will smiles cheerfully, "Yeah I wonder what his deal is, oh well."

He shrugged and gave a little laugh, before going quiet "I wonder if I should even be here. I mean you guys have more knowledge than I do at this point, and I swear I'm the only one who has practically no experience right now."

Will tries to not frown, but can't help it. "I guess I'm just blabbering on now...I'm sure I'll learn something today."

oblivion6
2013-09-30, 05:15 PM
Will smiles cheerfully, "Yeah I wonder what his deal is, oh well."

He shrugged and gave a little laugh, before going quiet "I wonder if I should even be here. I mean you guys have more knowledge than I do at this point, and I swear I'm the only one who has practically no experience right now."

Will tries to not frown, but can't help it. "I guess I'm just blabbering on now...I'm sure I'll learn something today."

Brianna chuckled quietly. "I'm not any more knowledgeable on the subject than you are. In fact, I'm still not entirely convinced this isn't all a dream." Her face and the tone of her voice darkened for a moment. "The only thing making me question the fact that this is clearly a dream is how different it is from other dreams I have on a nightly basis." She paused. "Well, that and I very clearly remember screaming at the counselor prior to being assigned to this class." The tone of her voice was much lighter than it had been before--it sounded almost like a concious effort had been made to break away from the seriousness of her tone.

Deerpoob
2013-10-01, 06:02 AM
They still had some time before they needed to get to the door so Liu took a deep breath and picked up the pace for a moment, walking up and placing himself beside two of the newer students, the brash one who had caused trouble, as well as another that seems to have taken over for Brianna, though their shots fired back and forth seemed a little more tame at least, though something about the other guy set him on edge a bit.

"I suppose I should introduce myself eventually, I am Liu Tien, it is good to have more people to work with" he suspected his general attitude might rub Kennen the wrong way, but just as he seemed adamant on being confrontational Liu was something of the opposite, better he made friends now then see him leaving him to perish in the Velvet door if they were paired up.

Morbis Meh
2013-10-01, 08:24 AM
Levi walked at a slow pace for himself, noting that he would easily outpace everyone else on the account of his long limbs. That made the sound of quickened footsteps behind him much more audible. Oh joy, I was wondering how long until the welcome wagon was going to take.... When the voice began introducing himself Levi wasn't surprised to see the body that accompanied it. The big Russian took a few moments to study the small, to be fair most people were small to him, asian manchild next to him. The name was obviously chinese but that didn't mean much in today's society. After meeting with Liu's eyes for a brief time, Levi turned his stoic face away and continued walking "Good for you and I am sure it is."

nersxe
2013-10-01, 10:32 AM
"I suppose I should introduce myself eventually, I am Liu Tien, it is good to have more people to work with"

Thrown completely off-guard by someone genuinely friendly, Kennen fumbled his words. "Uh, yeah. Kennen, mate. Cheers."

Regaining his equilibrium, Kennen coughed, eyeing his new 'teammate'. The guy was shorter than he and the Russian, but then, it seemed like everyone was shorter than the Russian, and Kennen was taller than most of his classmates by virtue of both age and genetics.

"So, what do you do, Tien?" He asked finally, hand brushing over his Evoker in an absent gesture. "You one of those what runs in and gets himself hit a lot?"

Deerpoob
2013-10-01, 12:13 PM
Thrown completely off-guard by someone genuinely friendly, Kennen fumbled his words. "Uh, yeah. Kennen, mate. Cheers."

Regaining his equilibrium, Kennen coughed, eyeing his new 'teammate'. The guy was shorter than he and the Russian, but then, it seemed like everyone was shorter than the Russian, and Kennen was taller than most of his classmates by virtue of both age and genetics.

"So, what do you do, Tien?" He asked finally, hand brushing over his Evoker in an absent gesture. "You one of those what runs in and gets himself hit a lot?"

He was a little caught off guard by both there reactions, while Liu was by no means short the two still had at least a few inches on him, but he refuses to be intimidated, glad to see Kennen wasn't as bad as he had thought, perhaps he was merely defensive, a sign of a hard life no doubt, he made a note to keep an eye out for him.

"What I do...no no running in is silly" he shook his head "a more thoughtful approach is better, assisting one another shoring up weakness, 4 working together are many times stronger then 4 separated." There was a western saying that was similar to what he meant, a thing being greater then the sum of its parts, but Liu wasn't familiar with the saying.

"So you seem to have more experience with these things then most of us, I had a small run in but beyond my one short trip into the door I am in the dark, oh and just Liu is fine, I'm no picky" he knew Japanese rarely used first names but he had never understood its purpose.

nersxe
2013-10-01, 12:29 PM
"What I do...no no running in is silly" he shook his head "a more thoughtful approach is better, assisting one another shoring up weakness, 4 working together are many times stronger then 4 separated."

"Eh," Kennen flapped a hand, "can't say I agree with you there. If the enemy is too busy choking its guts out, it can't get to your squishy bits."

"So you seem to have more experience with these things then most of us, I had a small run in but beyond my one short trip into the door I am in the dark, oh and just Liu is fine, I'm no picky" he knew Japanese rarely used first names but he had never understood its purpose.

Kennen paused. "Thing about that is, I'm told what happened with my old school was a fluke. Some rip in the fabric of whatever, a ghost in the machine, gremlins, somesuch. Point is, I've never gone through one of these doors. I fought the creeps outside one. 'Cause of my particular talents they had me on pursuit and lockdown."

He snorted. "You're not picky; I am. Tien it's gonna stay."

Deerpoob
2013-10-01, 12:43 PM
"Eh," Kennen flapped a hand, "can't say I agree with you there. If the enemy is too busy choking its guts out, it can't get to your squishy bits."

Kennen paused. "Thing about that is, I'm told what happened with my old school was a fluke. Some rip in the fabric of whatever, a ghost in the machine, gremlins, somesuch. Point is, I've never gone through one of these doors. I fought the creeps outside one. 'Cause of my particular talents they had me on pursuit and lockdown."

He snorted. "You're not picky; I am. Tien it's gonna stay."

Fair enough. He nodded "I see, the rest of us had our personas appear, or at least I did, but never any of these shadow creatures, I think we should hope they don't start leaking out more" he knew he probably wasn't the most out spoken person but he was glad Kennen at least seemed to be receptive to having someone in the group as a friend or at least not an enemy, this Russian young man he didn't know, he had an odd edge to him Liu did not find amiable.

"the door is a dark place, we haven't explored much of it but it is not a pleasant place, I'm sure someone like yourself will be just fine though" he hoped his compliment would be well received as he looked ahead, the school was a fairly large place but thankfully the area leading to the basement was not well used and they could talk freely.

Morbis Meh
2013-10-01, 12:46 PM
Levi begins to chuckle Oh this should be most amusing Prepare for Wonderland White Rabbit and Alice, what lies behind door is something quite different. You can talk all you want about tactics or technique but it all means nothing on otherside of door. I take it none of you have even met Igor either?" He doesn't bother to look back at the other two just keeps walking forward slow and steady.

The memory of his first time slowly drifted to the forefront of his mind, it was shortly after she came to him... A random fluke like the punk had said, this door was unstable though, an anomoly compared to the others he had seen since. Though was does not forget their first time... Levi forcefully clamped down the thought, pushing it back down into the depths of his psyche. He had nightmares for weeks afterwards; the door disappeared the moment he went through and he had to scramble to find some other while staying alive. Morana was the reason for that and Igor of course. The voice of the odd man called out to Levi from the darkness and presented a door of his making.

Levi had no idea how long he spent wandering around alone on the otherside, fighting off the never ending tide of shadows as best as he could but it all abruptly stopped and he was in a room that emitted a peculiar blue glow. Igor had to be one of the ugliest men he had seen and the vibe he gave off screamed pedophile. It was the eyes really, he looked like he hadn't slept in ages and it disturbed Levi; however, despite his unusual looks Igor was polite in welcoming Levi into his sanctuary. The conversation was brief and Levi couldn't recall the topic of discussion, Igor's eyes were the only thing he could focus on. He was aware of someone else being there, a woman perhaps but before he could shift his attention Levi had abruptly roused from his bed in a panic. Not sure if he was dreaming or if it really happened, but Morana's voice assured him it was no dream and urged him to rest while he could...

nersxe
2013-10-01, 12:49 PM
Prepare for Wonderland White Rabbit and Alice, what lies behind door is something quite different. You can talk all you want about tactics or technique but it all means nothing on otherside of door. I take it none of you have even met Igor either?[/B]"

Kennen opened his mouth to reply to Tien, then shut it when Levi started talking. He bristled visibly. "Yeah, what of it? I bet you've never watched someone-" He hunched his shoulders inward, jerking his head to the side. "Whatever."

Deerpoob
2013-10-01, 12:58 PM
"if you have knowledge why not share? It could only benefit you to have more knowledgeable partners, right? Even if that only serves to protect you better..." Levi seemed the over confident self centered type and Liu did his best to keep things as civil as he could, but if Levi was keeping something from them that was simply a bad move in his mind, if they knew more they could prepare for these things, this Igor man or whomever it was and anything else that might await them.

Liu eyed the back of Levi's head, he though himself able to look past many flaws but this boy really did rub him the wrong way, surely he didn't want to see the others killed? What benefit was there to such hoarding? Or perhaps he was simply leading them on.

Morbis Meh
2013-10-01, 01:11 PM
Kennen opened his mouth to reply to Tien, then shut it when Levi started talking. He bristled visibly. "Yeah, what of it? I bet you've never watched someone-" He hunched his shoulders inward, jerking his head to the side. "Whatever."

The grin inside Levi's mind grew twofold at the response but he kept his poker face on.

"if you have knowledge why not share? It could only benefit you to have more knowledgeable partners, right? Even if that only serves to protect you better..."

Levi actually stopped walking, it seems he had struck a nerve with this one. Quickly assessing how much or little he should mention, the big man sighed "First of all, we have just met and do not have much time to stand around idly to chit chat. Secondly each trip through the door is different, that goes doubly for a person's first time so it is completely irrelevant what my prior experiences were up to this point. Just no that it is not fun and game on otherside of door. As for Igor, well if you haven't met him I am sure it will happen sooner or later, he seems to be a man with his fingers in more than one pie. Lastly you assume that I myself know anything of much use to you which is in fact not case. What goes on beyond door is knowledge that I don't have and it reaches far past the comprehension of most. I simply do what I do best, no more no less." Having said his piece, levi quietly turned back around and resumed walking.

Deerpoob
2013-10-01, 02:30 PM
Liu stopped at Levi did and listened to him speak, he painted a worrying picture, but even that could be useful "at least we know never to expect the same thing and to try and prepare for as many scenarios as we can, despite what you say there is still something in your experiences that can be helpful, thank you" judging by how much he had changed his mood Liu guessed that the young mans experience with the velvet door had been quite terrifiying, He couldnt help but think of how bad it would have been if he had been thrust into the grasp of those monsters alone and without warning and he knew he would have felt just as fearful as Levi may have been.

He breathed deeply for a moment then continued on with the two others and the rest of the group.

Philemonite
2013-10-01, 02:48 PM
"There is another thing I would like to ask. What do we know about those shadows? Where did they come from, do they have any weaknesses? Anything will do."

"Not much. We know that they "live" on the other side of the door. There are a few theories about them, but nothing definite, so I will spare you the rumors and speculations. We are currently using experimental gear that allows us to analyze them from this side. However, since this gear is connected to the cards we need someone on the other side of the door in order to analyze surroundings.There is not much I can tell you beyond that, most of the information we have is classified, and you still don't have clearance. If there are no more questions you can make your way to the Velvet Door. I will meet you there in 13 minutes. Those of you who were there yesterday can lead the new guys. That is all."

As you descend to the basement you start to feel uneasy, but the faint glow of the Velvet Door sooths you. As you approach the Door you see that professor Setros is already there, along with Jessica, Alexander and Alexandra. For some reason Benjamin seams to be missing. You also notice something strange, a few devices with big screens and some unidentified heavy machinery. They pay no attention to you, and you realize you are 3 minutes early. You continue to chat with the other until the time passes and Alexandra interrupts your conversations.
"I believe it is time to start. Right, professor?"
"Yes, of course." The professor responds, sounding a bit distracted. "You have already seen what is behind the door, but this you will go a little further. The teams will be smaller than yesterday, but my Jessica, Alexander and Alexandra will stay in contact with you at all times. They will inform you of your surroundings and provide tactical support. Before you leave they need to tune up your communicators.
"Soga, Emmerson and Davis, you will be in Alexandra's team.
Hikaen, Liu, Will and Satè, you will be in Alexander's team.
Damian, Brianna, Levi and Kennen, you will be in Jessica's team."
You can see a slight smile on professor's face when he announces the third team.
"Is that clear?"

Xhosant
2013-10-01, 03:05 PM
Soga greeted Hikaen and Liu with a nod, meaning to wish them good luck that way.

He then turned to Davis and Emmerson.

"And with that, we're a team. You guys ready?"

"I wonder where Benjamin is...", he added, more to himself thatn to others.

"And why a single name is written in italics", he added, more to the GM than IC.

nersxe
2013-10-01, 03:16 PM
"Damian, Brianna, Levi and Kennen, you will be in Jessica's team."

Kennen's face switches between irritated and vaguely excited a few times, before settling on the latter. "So, Rasputin, we get to show each other our skills now, right?" He waggles his eyebrows suggestively.

Drawing his Evoker, Kennen points it at Jessica with a wink, jerking it backward before twirling it on his finger and holstering it again. He stands in front of the door, fishing the card out of his jacket. "Let's get this show on the road!"

AnimeKid
2013-10-01, 03:31 PM
"Not much. We know that they "live" on the other side of the door. There are a few theories about them, but nothing definite, so I will spare you the rumors and speculations. We are currently using experimental gear that allows us to analyze them from this side. However, since this gear is connected to the cards we need someone on the other side of the door in order to analyze surroundings.There is not much I can tell you beyond that, most of the information we have is classified, and you still don't have clearance. If there are no more questions you can make your way to the Velvet Door. I will meet you there in 13 minutes. Those of you who were there yesterday can lead the new guys. That is all."

As you descend to the basement you start to feel uneasy, but the faint glow of the Velvet Door sooths you. As you approach the Door you see that professor Setros is already there, along with Jessica, Alexander and Alexandra. For some reason Benjamin seams to be missing. You also notice something strange, a few devices with big screens and some unidentified heavy machinery. They pay no attention to you, and you realize you are 3 minutes early. You continue to chat with the other until the time passes and Alexandra interrupts your conversations.
"I believe it is time to start. Right, professor?"
"Yes, of course." The professor responds, sounding a bit distracted. "You have already seen what is behind the door, but this you will go a little further. The teams will be smaller than yesterday, but my Jessica, Alexander and Alexandra will stay in contact with you at all times. They will inform you of your surroundings and provide tactical support. Before you leave they need to tune up your communicators.
"Soga, Emmerson and Davis, you will be in Alexandra's team.
Hikaen, Liu, Will and Satè, you will be in Alexander's team.
Damian, Brianna, Levi and Kennen, you will be in Jessica's team."
You can see a slight smile on professor's face when he announces the third team.
"Is that clear?"

Damian slapped a hand to his forehead and looked at Brianna. The likely look she had on her face, displeasure (that's my guess anyway), is mirrored by Damian. He lets out a sigh and shrugs in a 'what can you do' manner. He then pounds a fist into his palm as he says, "So how far are we going? Because if my guess is right those Shadows get tougher the further in we go right?"

Philemonite
2013-10-01, 03:38 PM
Drawing his Evoker, Kennen points it at Jessica with a wink, jerking it backward before twirling it on his finger and holstering it again. He stands in front of the door, fishing the card out of his jacket. "Let's get this show on the road!"

Unsure if she should be exited or disgusted Jessica just stares at Kennen for a moment. She quickly regains her senses and extends her hand.
"Your communicator." She says, still unsure how to act.

Damian slapped a hand to his forehead and looked at Brianna. The likely look she had on her face, displeasure (that's my guess anyway), is mirrored by Damian. He lets out a sigh and shrugs in a 'what can you do' manner. He then pounds a fist into his palm as he says, "So how far are we going? Because if my guess is right those Shadows get tougher the further in we go right?"

"Not necessarily. There are some locations that are...cleansed regularly, but even those locations are not safe. For now, we will not send you anywhere we haven't been. You are still not ready for that."

nersxe
2013-10-01, 03:47 PM
Unsure if she should be exited or disgusted Jessica just stares at Kennen for a moment. She quickly regains her senses and extends her hand.

Kennen heaves a dramatically deep sigh, and reaches into his other jacket pocket, handing her his communicator. "You just ask all the hardest things of me."

AnimeKid
2013-10-01, 04:00 PM

"Not necessarily. There are some locations that are...cleansed regularly, but even those locations are not safe. For now, we will not send you anywhere we haven't been. You are still not ready for that."

Damian nods, satisfied at how his question was answered. Figuring that he might as well save Jessica some trouble he went ahead and offered her his communicator as well.

Morbis Meh
2013-10-01, 04:32 PM
Kennen's face switches between irritated and vaguely excited a few times, before settling on the latter. "So, Rasputin, we get to show each other our skills now, right?" He waggles his eyebrows suggestively.

Levi has a sinking feeling that this was going to be a long day "Keep dreaming Moriarty and don't be too eager to fall on your face. Protip, if we are in this same configuration next time I suggest you wear a jock strap." Watching as the others handed their communicators to Jessica, Levi follows suit.

Before Kennen rushes on in through the door, Levi will grab him by the scruff of his collar and hold him there "Slow down there cowboy, where I come from we are taught some manners." He looks at Brianna and gives a slight nod "Ladies first."

I know Kennen hasn't made for the door yet but judging by his reckless nature he probably would be going for the door first.

Chase_D
2013-10-01, 06:18 PM
Will has a bit of a surprised look on his face as he hears the final group, but that quickly changes as he starts to laugh for a few seconds.

"Wow, you just can't make this stuff up..." he says, and then quickly says to Brianna and Damian "Hope you two manage to get through everything." before walking towards his group.

He finds Liu and Hikaen "So, we're a team huh. I just wanted to let you guys know that I have complete faith in you both. I don't want to be a burden since I'm new, so I'll promise you guys that I'll certainly try my best." Will gives a big smile as he finishes.

oblivion6
2013-10-01, 06:40 PM
Likewise, Brianna said to Will as he moved to join his own group. She was a bit irritated by the fact that Kennen was in her group, but there were a few benefits in her eyes--mostly the fact that Benjamin wasn't coming. And, of course, the possibility of Kennen getting hurt and her having to heal his sorry ass. Maybe he gets eaten by shadows. Nothing I can do if that happens. That thought put a brief smile on her face.

After handing Jessica her own communicator, she walked over to the door. She nodded, looking at Levi and shooting Kennen a glare. I see chivalry isn't completely dead; though i'm not certain it necessarilly applies to stepping into an unknown dimension...

And, without another word, she stepped into Hell.

Moonbeam Funk
2013-10-01, 07:15 PM
Emmerson tilted her head up towards the professor as he spoke of the mission and how teams would be organized. So they were being split up... She was to work in the smallest team this time, with Soga and Davis. A group of three gave her a sense of nostalgia she didn't like. Why did it have to be a small team again? More of that nervous dread creeped back into her heart. Were they really expected to fight about as well as the others?

Emmerson figured her teammates at least had better chances. Then again, isn't that what she thought of her former squad? They were being told things would be fine, that they would be safe. Emmerson could not entirely bring herself to believe those words from the teachers, but...

Suddenly Soga spoke and brought her back to Earth, "You guys ready?"

Was she ready? Well turning back now was surely not possible. Besides, that question reminded her of his words in the classroom that gave her that warm confidence. He said he wouldn't let them get hurt. Emmerson wanted to think that was true, but even so it had troubling implications. If Soga-kun protects us... Who will protect him? She did not want a repeat of the same incident from what felt like both an eternity ago and yesterday. All I can do at this point is try... I have to help now, just like I failed at before. I... I won't let him slip away right in front of me too...

Her hand's grip tightened on her chest. She could feel how quick her heartbeat was. Was that rapid beating from nervousness? Fear? Excitement? Perhaps a culmination of many intense emotions. Emmerson nodded with her head turned away from Soga as she gave her response. "Y-yes. I'm ready..." The little girl strangely had a reddened face as she replied. She herself had not noticed and, considering the angle, it was unlikely anyone else would.

Xhosant
2013-10-01, 07:56 PM
Soga nodded in reply to Emmerson's answer. She was still nervous, but she didn't back away.

"All right. Davis-kun, I want you calling the shots. You'll be more aware of the battle than I at your location."

"Which reminds me; Davis-kun's talent lies with magic, and I'm handy with my sword. What's your niche?", he asks towards Emmerson.

As he said that, he fished through his pockets to find his communicator.

Moonbeam Funk
2013-10-01, 09:23 PM
Emmerson got her own communicator out, as well as setting her bag down to unzip it. "Support... Things like h-healing..." While she talked, her hands went into the bag for the bow and pack of arrows inside. "U-um... Archery Club too... I mean I've p-practiced it, but I can't say I'm g-great at it..." Despite her low self-esteem, Emmerson was actually a pretty decent shot. It was just never something she would ever think to brag about..

Deerpoob
2013-10-01, 09:25 PM
Will has a bit of a surprised look on his face as he hears the final group, but that quickly changes as he starts to laugh for a few seconds.

"Wow, you just can't make this stuff up..." he says, and then quickly says to Brianna and Damian "Hope you two manage to get through everything." before walking towards his group.

He finds Liu and Hikaen "So, we're a team huh. I just wanted to let you guys know that I have complete faith in you both. I don't want to be a burden since I'm new, so I'll promise you guys that I'll certainly try my best." Will gives a big smile as he finishes.

Liu nods to the newer member of there team, he was with Hikaen again and that was a little comforting, being in an entirely new group again would be rough. He positioned himself with his group as the prepared to enter the door.

"just don't do anything silly, I can keep us fighting but that doesn't mean your invulnerable" he stretched a little more and closed his eyes, breathing deeply and waiting for the rest to get ready.

dethkruzer
2013-10-02, 03:25 AM
Davis gobbles down the rest of his coffee, before clamping his teeth shut and emitting a loud his as he inhaled. "Whew." He then gasped, before turning his attention Soga and Emmerson. "Ready as I'll ever be, and don't worry, I've got your six." He replied, spouting the last bit in english.

Philemonite
2013-10-02, 04:11 AM
Kennen heaves a dramatically deep sigh, and reaches into his other jacket pocket, handing her his communicator. "You just ask all the hardest things of me."

"I'm just getting warmed up." She answers, while messing with the communicators. "There, your communicators are set on the same frequency as mine, so we will be in the constant contact. You can ask me anything you want, but don't expect me to answer every stupid question you might have."
She pulls out her card and swipes it through the card reader on the door. When she punches in the code you hear a noise coming from the Door and the velvet glow intensifies.
"Remember, when I say "pull out" that means run for the door. I just hope you're not that weak. And honey," she turns towards Brianna "don't let them spew their macho crap."

Xhosant
2013-10-02, 04:48 AM
"Support... Things like h-healing....U-um... Archery Club too... I mean I've p-practiced it, but I can't say I'm g-great at it..."

"Good. I was worried we may have lacked a healer, but that's settled."

"Ready as I'll ever be, and don't worry, I've got your six."

"All right then. Let's go get some monsters out of the way!"

Then, turning to Alexandra, he passes her his communicator. "Just because we're all confident and stuff doesn't mean we're not counting on your help, too.", he said with an obviously fake straight face.

oblivion6
2013-10-02, 08:11 AM
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]"Remember, when I say "pull out" that means run for the door. I just hope you're not that weak. And honey," she turns towards Brianna "don't let them spew their macho crap."

[Huh, got a bit ahead of myself in my last post.]

Brianna nodded. "Of course. Permission to feed them to the Shadows if they don't listen?"

nersxe
2013-10-02, 11:07 AM
"I'm just getting warmed up."

"Just eleven more labors and I get the prize, right?" Kennen grins. He misses the next bit of banter, eyes locked on the door. Even for all his bravado, he appears just the slightest bit nervous.

"Alright, Rasputin, let's go," Kennen smiles, unease showing in his smile, "I really don't think 'ladies first' applies when things that are trying to kill you are on the other side."

Morbis Meh
2013-10-02, 11:40 AM
Once Brianna and Damian go through the door "No, pleasantries don't count in this given situation but I would prefer someone else go before me when entering hostile territory in case of an ambush. Comment only for appeasing Brianna and getting her to enter before us so we don't get horribly maimed right off the bat. Now get moving time to... how do they put it 'Pop your Cherry'?" Levi simply enters through the door prepared for the worst.

Deerpoob
2013-10-02, 11:46 AM
Liu looks around to his little group "are we ready to go?"He felt a bit nervous but he did his best to suppress it, this would be real, sure the other before had felt real but he also didn't know what he was getting into, now that he knew it didn't make it much better, worse if anything.

He took a deep breath and looked to the door "guess we get going then..." He stepped towards the door, figuring he might as well lead the way if no one else would.

nersxe
2013-10-02, 11:57 AM
Kennen bursts into laughter, following Levi through the door. 'I like how he thinks.'

I, uh, think we both kind of assumed Brianna and Damian went first.

Chase_D
2013-10-02, 12:14 PM
Will hands his communicator over to Alexander, which he quickly adjusts and hands back, all without saying a word.

"Thanks..."

Liu looks around to his little group "are we ready to go?"He felt a bit nervous but he did his best to suppress it, this would be real, sure the other before had felt real but he also didn't know what he was getting into, now that he knew it didn't make it much better, worse if anything.

He took a deep breath and looked to the door "guess we get going then..." He stepped towards the door, figuring he might as well lead the way if no one else would.

"Yeah, I think I'm ready to go..." Will says, keeping his left hand on his pocket with the Evoker.

Will follows Liu to the door.

"Right...so this is it huh..."

The door seemed ominous, almost like it was expecting them. Will felt a slight chill, but quickly fixed his composure. He was nervous, but he knew that it would be exciting.

dethkruzer
2013-10-02, 01:00 PM
Davis also hands over his communicator, before pulling out his wallet, from which he produces his Velvet card.

He then takes a few steps back, leaning over to Soga. "Was it today, after our trip? The park thing, I mean?" He whispered.

Xhosant
2013-10-02, 01:10 PM
"Was it today, after our trip? The park thing, I mean?" He whispered.

"You really needed that coffee, didn't you. Remember what you were supposed to tell the guys if you saw them?"

"Yes. Yes it is.", he adds with a chuckle.

BurntDownDream
2013-10-02, 01:40 PM
Hikaen has been silent for some time now. After he had left his classroom he was thinking all the time about various stuff. After they were about to go in, he hands his communicator to Alexander. He then turns to Will and says.

"Will-kun right? You should stand in the back lines and see how things go for the first time. I don't mean to brag but I'm quite the reliable person. Liu-kun here too."

Next he thinks what else could be useful to his comrade from his knowledge thus far.

"... Also most of what will be going on there will be intuitive. And keep in mind that those shadow things are both agile and strong."

He then turns to Liu.

"Ok lets do this again Liu. I will be counting on you like yesterday."

Lastly he turns his face to Alexander.

"I hope you have our backs in case we need it, but I won't be counting on you if I can help it."

AnimeKid
2013-10-02, 04:01 PM
"I'm just getting warmed up." She answers, while messing with the communicators. "There, your communicators are set on the same frequency as mine, so we will be in the constant contact. You can ask me anything you want, but don't expect me to answer every stupid question you might have."
She pulls out her card and swipes it through the card reader on the door. When she punches in the code you hear a noise coming from the Door and the velvet glow intensifies.
"Remember, when I say "pull out" that means run for the door. I just hope you're not that weak. And honey," she turns towards Brianna "don't let them spew their macho crap."

A sweat drop rolls down Damians head as he thinks to himself, 'But I didn't even do anything!'

[Huh, got a bit ahead of myself in my last post.]

Brianna nodded. "Of course. Permission to feed them to the Shadows if they don't listen?"

Damian chuckles nervously as he says, "Eh, that was a joke right Brianna? Brianna?!" He then follows after her through the Velvet door.