PDA

View Full Version : Locked threads and vBulletin source

Cicciograna
2013-09-27, 05:00 PM
Sometimes I happen to find some old thread where I'd like to check the vBulletin code used: this is easily done clicking on the Quote button, as the quoted text will preserve the code.

But this naturally won't work with locked threads: is there any way to check the vBulletin code for these?

Mystic Muse
2013-09-27, 05:37 PM
The only thing I know of is PMing a mod because they can post in locked threads, but I'm not sure if they can actually quote things, since I'm not one.

Renegade Paladin
2013-09-27, 05:39 PM
They could since they have full posting privileges in locked threads and furthermore I've seen it done. A more practical solution, though, is to use Firefox, so you can right click > view page source. This will show you the HTML rather than the vBulletin code, but the two are usually fairly analogous.

KillianHawkeye
2013-09-27, 07:46 PM
A more practical solution, though, is to use Firefox, so you can right click > view page source. This will show you the HTML rather than the vBulletin code, but the two are usually fairly analogous.

I just feel the need to point out that you can view a web page's source code in ANY browser.

Rawhide
2013-09-27, 08:04 PM
There's no way for a user to view the bbcode used in a post in a locked thread, sorry. Viewing the page source won't help, because the HTML generated is considerably different to the original bbcode.