PDA

View Full Version : More on Polymorph.

killem2
2013-09-27, 05:18 PM
I've seen most of the threads, and the handbooks and most talk about the combat aspect which is very powerful.

How about tricky uses. What are some of the ways you've used polymorph to get around, just a scenario other than beating the living crap out of it? :smallbiggrin:

Fax Celestis
2013-09-27, 05:19 PM
Small and Tiny animals with unique movement modes (like, say, a hawk) make excellent stealth and spy options. I occasionally make user of a wand of winged watcher (CL 1) to get one round of 80' fly as a swift action.

johnbragg
2013-09-27, 05:37 PM
I've seen most of the threads, and the handbooks and most talk about the combat aspect which is very powerful.

How about tricky uses. What are some of the ways you've used polymorph to get around, just a scenario other than beating the living crap out of it? :smallbiggrin:

Rats, bats and viper snakes are all completely unremarkable to see outdoors or in dungeons, most have great Hide and Move Silently. RAvens aren't that noticeable either, as long as you're outside, and you get a few minutes of a 40' fly speed.