PDA

View Full Version : Devils.

D20ragon
2013-09-27, 08:36 PM
I really like the idea of the Devil*,and because I am brewing a devil intensive campaign setting(intensive as in...Adventurer-"oh gee,I'd really like that sword" poof! Devil-"How much would you be willing to pay for it?")

So really,any links to Devil related threads,images or mechanics would be great. System is 3.5 D&D.

*I am not a Devil worshiper,however. Don't be concerned.

Hanuman
2013-09-27, 08:41 PM
I would check out the contractor PrC from Gramarie

Book of Elder Evils

Fiend Folio

Book of Vile Darkness

Forgotten Realms Setting

Spawn (Animated 90's Cartoon)

ArcturusV
2013-09-27, 08:47 PM
If you're looking for Faustian Pact sort of ideals, I'd also REALLY suggest you read up on Intelligent Item rules (Along with other magic item rules). If a devil gives you a sword? It's probably possessed in a way similar to an intelligent item. It's probably Evil and will inflict Negative levels on wielders of different alignments.

And looking up the possession rules as well (Book of Vile Darkness, also think it's in Elder Evils?... but Book of Vile Darkness for sure has some), pretty key.

AuraTwilight
2013-09-28, 12:02 AM
*I am not a Devil worshiper,however. Don't be concerned.

What suspiciously specific denial...

D20ragon
2013-09-28, 05:39 AM
One can't be too careful.

The contractor was actually were I got the idea for this thread. I was like"this is great!" wonder what other stuff is out there?

Hanuman
2013-09-28, 09:18 PM
Binder might work.

Blueiji
2013-09-28, 09:25 PM
Why is this in the homebrew forum?

More on topic, the old 2nd edition Planescape books have really great material on Devils. Even if you can't use some of the stats (due to the fact they're from a previous edition), the fluff is still really interesting.

Debihuman
2013-09-28, 10:12 PM
A bunch of creatures (including devils) were converted on EnWorld's site: link here: http://creaturecatalog.enworld.org/converted/

Debby

D20ragon
2013-09-29, 07:49 AM
It's on homebrew cause its for a homebrew setting,and I don't care were the info is from as long as its interesting.

Steward
2013-09-29, 10:49 AM
I feel like Fiendish Codex 2 is perfect since it's a book that's literally all about devils and Hell.

Hovannes
2013-10-02, 07:23 PM
D20ragon;

I am also a fan of running Devil games, but from the older 2nd edition versions. I have done some research in into fantasy Devils and the Nine Hells. Most of the work I have done, some 19 or so web pages, can be found here Point System Gaming – Nine Hells (https://sites.google.com/site/pointsystemgaming/psg-core-rules/the-nine-hells).

Here is a quick list of the information contained on these pages.
1. Nine Hells overview
2. Description of each of the 9 sub-planes of Hell.
3. A Timeline I have created based on events in my fantasy world.
4. Laws of the Nine Hells
5. Time variances between the various planes and sub-planes
6. Gates and travel between the sub-planes
7. Hierarchy broken down by Arch-devils and their respective houses
8. Creatures & Monsters of the Nine Hells (including a list of devils)
9. Goods & Services found on the Nine Hells
10. Money
11. Institutions of the Nine Hells.

Pay particular attention to the bottom of the Hierarchy page (https://sites.google.com/site/pointsystemgaming/psg-core-rules/the-nine-hells/hierarchy-9-hells), it contain two downloadable PDFs which detail a list of devils found by sub-plane and by noble rank. If the information you find here is to your liking, and you want more. Send me an e-mail and I will send you a completed monster list that contains their stats and pictures.

Oh, and if you have the time please let me know what you think of the website.

D20ragon
2013-10-02, 07:42 PM
Hovannes. I took a look at your site. It seems awesome,though I hadn't the time to explore it fully.

wayfare
2013-10-02, 07:54 PM
I second the AD&D Planescape material -- there were lots of really cool details and that awesome Tony DiTerlizzi art.

Hovannes
2013-10-03, 05:07 PM
I you liked the website, check out the Discovered Destiny (https://sites.google.com/site/pointsystemgaming/discovered-destiny)section. It is a novel I have written, which incidentally takes place in the Nine Hells. I post chapters weekly (currently on chapter 4) and it’s a free PDF download. The book focuses on a child of one of the Arch-devils (Mephistopheles – rule of Cania the 8th sup-plane of Hell) named Darton. It contains a healthy amount of political intrigue and allows the reader to explore the Nine Hells through Darton’s eyes.

The book may put your gaming group in a ‘Hellish’ mood, which I always find helpful to a good table top session.