PDA

View Full Version : opportunity attack me <3

Dtretus
2013-09-27, 09:28 PM
Hello there

I've decided that i want to provoke opportunity attacks from enemies, a whole lot of them so my question is. What items and feats can i obtain that will help defend me against opportunity attacks?

I'm too deep to consider racial bonus and the reason for wanting all these opportunity attacks is to make use of my Isolating Avenger's class feature.

as long as the attacks are hitting or missing (missing is highly preferred there) my class feature will come into play.

Thanks.

Alan_Pehnereas
2013-09-28, 03:39 AM
Censure of Retribution: When any enemy other
than your oath of enmity target hits you, you gain a
bonus to damage rolls against your oath of enmity
target equal to your Intelligence modifier until the
end of your next turn. This bonus is cumulative.

Um. You only deal the extra damage if you're hit. With that being said, you'd be taking more damage than you'd be giving. More opportunity attacks against you isn't going to be a good thing. I feel like someone else more acquainted with the Avenger is going to be able to give you a better idea of how to use this feature.

But I'm going to go read the guide now, and probably edit this post. :)

Dtretus
2013-09-28, 06:50 PM
Gah, i think I've been doing this wrong. Misses provoke damage from avenging echo. Now that you mention ill have a net loss of damage, I'm not actually sure how to make effective use of censure of retribution :smallfrown:

tcrudisi
2013-09-28, 09:10 PM
Gah, i think I've been doing this wrong. Misses provoke damage from avenging echo. Now that you mention ill have a net loss of damage, I'm not actually sure how to make effective use of censure of retribution :smallfrown:

It's mostly a deterrent. It gives monsters a reason not to attack you. Eg, not to stand next to you and break your Oath. But if you are really insistent upon using the feature to up your damage (hint: it's not worth it), then you want to find ways to get lots of Resist All. You want to mitigate as much damage as possible.