PDA

View Full Version : [RWBY] Sanctum IC Two: Cool For School.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 12:24 AM
The second In Character thread in the Sanctum Academy RWBY FFRPG.

The city of Meadow lies peacefully in the grip of the mountains that provide the raw materials for the machinery it is known for, cradled between the tall peaks and a broad river that lets out into ocean a few miles south of the city. Aeroships are a common sight above the city, ferrying people and product in and out of Meadow while the average, everyday citizen goes about their business beneath the clear sky above and the unsettling sight of the broken moon above. Even more then Meadow's factories, the city is known for the grandiose collection of buildings that were built on a cliff over-looking the beach, the Hunter academy Sanctum. The trail between school and city is dangerous at night, haunted by Grimms, but such is life for everyone who doesn't have the good fortune to live one of the four cities to grace Vytal's surface.

Meadow itself is a large city but the biggest building is actually an arena that is currently being prepared for a tournament. Normally smog would be a problem but the use of Dust as an energy source and the common use of aeroplanes has kept pollution from being too serious of a problem. Some parts of town, particularly those closer to the river, are obviously worse off then some of the others with a sizable slum reserved for the occupation of faunas.

Current OOC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305479)

Hattish Thing
2013-09-28, 12:31 AM
Barlowe looks at the armor. "I would be very interested to see this, myself. It's hard to imagine how all of that... well, nonsense, if you'll excuse me... amounts to effective armor."

Aurum nods at Barlowe. Of course sir. Now, please, assist me in donning said armor. While it is light, I cannot reach that far back in these pauldrons. Once he's donned his armor, he'll stride out of the forge.

Calemyr
2013-09-28, 12:40 AM
Aurum nods at Barlowe. Of course sir. Now, please, assist me in donning said armor. While it is light, I cannot reach that far back in these pauldrons. Once he's donned his armor, he'll stride out of the forge.

Barlowe complies, but as he assists he is also mentally critiquing the armor for structural strengths and weaknesses. This comes as second nature to the forgemaster. He keeps his opinions to himself for the time being, however. This boy isn't a student, after all. Barlowe's job is to train huntsmen, not... this...

Still, artistic and professional curiosity are powerful motivators. He wants to see this armor in action.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-28, 12:53 AM
Aurum walks outside onto one of the free training grounds, his every step clanking on the ground. When he reaches outside, he taps several buttons on his arms, enabling several things. The first is autopilot flight. He begins to rocket off the ground, the rockets in the massive boots propelling him upward. Sensors in the helmet have connected with the brainwaves going on in my head. This way, it knows what to do at a subconscious level, reacting for me, allowing me to dodge attacks. The armor is very difficult to penetrate, and light, allowing quick flight and excellent defense.

As for weaponry... He raises his left hand, the clawed gauntlet beginning to charge slowly. I'll need to speed that up. Next, electricity begins to blast out of the gauntlet, aimed at a tree. The lightning completely decimates the tree, and the surrounding area. If anyone hits me with an electric attack, it supercharges the lightning. And as for the other... There's a large cannon built into the forearm of the suit. Aurum aims it and fires a blast at a separate tree. A sharp skewering blade shoots out and embeds itself in a tree. He pulls his arm back, causing the tree to tumble down to the ground, before the skewering device is drawn back into the cannon. Perfect.

He then raises his right hand, and a massive flame is instantly generated. He can shape the flame into any medium sized form. A sword, and axe, or even a large fiery fist. He turns it into a fist and sends said fist-fireball flying at another tree, setting it on fire. Next, he flies down to punch the ground, and when he does so, a sonic blast is emitted from the gauntlet, shaking the ground around him. Decently functioning. I'll need some more work on it. Better than any weapon. I am a weapon.

AnimeKid
2013-09-28, 12:59 AM
(No, Cael is NOT wearing her bracers activated.)
Caelynn readies her hands correctly, and punches at Alex, attempting to hit her in the throat. Finish the battle, quick and simple.

Alex smirks as she swerves to the side. If Cael watching her fists the she might miss the kick aimed at the side of her right knee. Should it hit it would cause a lot of pain and destabilize her. Which would open her up for the follow up front punch.

Calemyr
2013-09-28, 01:00 AM
Aurum walks outside onto one of the free training grounds, his every step clanking on the ground. When he reaches outside, he taps several buttons on his arms, enabling several things. The first is autopilot flight. He begins to rocket off the ground, the rockets in the massive boots propelling him upward. Sensors in the helmet have connected with the brainwaves going on in my head. This way, it knows what to do at a subconscious level, reacting for me, allowing me to dodge attacks. The armor is very difficult to penetrate, and light, allowing quick flight and excellent defense.

As for weaponry... He raises his left hand, the clawed gauntlet beginning to charge slowly. I'll need to speed that up. Next, electricity begins to blast out of the gauntlet, aimed at a tree. The lightning completely decimates the tree, and the surrounding area. If anyone hits me with an electric attack, it supercharges the lightning. And as for the other... There's a large cannon built into the forearm of the suit. Aurum aims it and fires a blast at a separate tree. A sharp skewering blade shoots out and embeds itself in a tree. He pulls his arm back, causing the tree to tumble down to the ground, before the skewering device is drawn back into the cannon. Perfect.

He then raises his right hand, and a massive flame is instantly generated. He can shape the flame into any medium sized form. A sword, and axe, or even a large fiery fist. He turns it into a fist and sends said fist-fireball flying at another tree, setting it on fire. Next, he flies down to punch the ground, and when he does so, a sonic blast is emitted from the gauntlet, shaking the ground around him. Decently functioning. I'll need some more work on it. Better than any weapon. I am a weapon.

Barlowe doesn't say anything for a while. "Impressive." He says at last. "Do you really intend to use something like this against raw freshman?"

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 01:02 AM
Cael does not notice it, and is knocked prone by the punch. As she goes down, she attempts to hook Alex's leg and jolt her leg back, knocking over Alex

Hawkflight
2013-09-28, 01:05 AM
Cael does not notice it, and is knocked prone by the punch. As she goes down, she attempts to hook Alex's leg and jolt her leg back, knocking over Alex

Kitty would wait until there was a lull in the fight before offering her advice.

"Remember Cael, you can fire your gauntlets to propel yourself in any direction faster than you could move on your own," she said.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-28, 01:10 AM
Barlowe doesn't say anything for a while. "Impressive." He says at last. "Do you really intend to use something like this against raw freshman?"

Aurum stands up, flexing the armor. Yes, I do. Multiple at once, of course. I intend to be one of the challenges tomorrow, and as such have to be prepared. This is a very skilled bunch.

AnimeKid
2013-09-28, 01:30 AM

Alex falls from the unexpected leg hook. She lands heavily but flips herself back onto her feet by pushing her weight onto her upper back and hands and using her hands to spring up on to her feet. She held herself in a ready position once again, the smile on her face saying 'good job'.

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 01:32 AM
Cael gets to her feet and readies herself, waiting for Alex's move

Hawkflight
2013-09-28, 01:33 AM
Kitty smiled and continued. "Would you like an example, or shall I let you at it?"

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 01:37 AM
I think I'm going to abstain from utilizing Thunder and Gale. The whole point of this is to build my muscles and make me stronger in unarmed combat and therefore make me able to wield my weapons with proficiency
Carl says to kitty, not taking her eyes off Alex

Hawkflight
2013-09-28, 01:39 AM
I think I'm going to abstain from utilizing Thunder and Gale. The whole point of this is to build my muscles and make me stronger in unarmed combat, if you can call it that.
Carl says to kitty, not taking get eyes off Alex

"Ah, understood. Tactics come later then," Kitty said.

AnimeKid
2013-09-28, 02:17 AM
Cael gets to her feet and readies herself, waiting for Alex's move

Alexandra shoots forward and feints a punch at Cael's ribs. Hwr real attack is a palm heel strike to the chin.

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 02:19 AM
Cael sidesteps to avoid the feint and attempts to grab the extended arm.

AnimeKid
2013-09-28, 02:32 AM
Cael sidesteps to avoid the feint and attempts to grab the extended arm.

Cael grabs Alexandra's extended arm. However she is about to learn a painful lesson. Never grapple with someone bigger and stronger than you without tiring them out first. The arm Cael grabbed out attempt to take her by surprise and pull her in quickly toward Alex who would then try to pin her, forcing both to the ground with Cael's arms being restrained.

Anyr
2013-09-28, 06:55 AM
Gabriel spent a while just lying on the ground, chuckling to himself. The reverie was eventually broken when some ants started exploring his nostrils. Spurred by this nasal intrusion, he leapt up and broke the bonds restraining him.

"Okay, that's quite enough of that. Time to get moving again."

He set off towards the school buildings, to check on the new trials. If all the prospective students were as promising as the one he'd just encountered, then this event would be well worth the wait.

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 08:31 AM
Cael grabs Alexandra's extended arm. However she is about to learn a painful lesson. Never grapple with someone bigger and stronger than you without tiring them out first. The arm Cael grabbed out attempt to take her by surprise and pull her in quickly toward Alex who would then try to pin her, forcing both to the ground with Cael's arms being restrained.

Cael is pinned, but not before she can manage to try and punch Alex in the stomach as she pulls Cael in.

Calemyr
2013-09-28, 08:57 AM
Aurum stands up, flexing the armor. Yes, I do. Multiple at once, of course. I intend to be one of the challenges tomorrow, and as such have to be prepared. This is a very skilled bunch.

"Skilled though they may be, they are also unpolished and fractured. They are not yet used to operating as a team in general, much less with these precise individuals that they've hardly had 48 hours to get to know. This armor shuts down every option a large number of them possess - fire and electricity are the two primary elements being used in this class's weapon designs. You do not simply pose a challenge, you render a large portion of them irrelevant at the same time. I am not convinced of its validity as an aspect of an initiation trial..." Barlowe frowns thoughtfully for a moment.

"That said, if you can use it responsibly, enough to force them to rethink their tactics without outright dominating them, it could be just the wakeup call some of these students are needing. A word of warning, however: as impressive as this armor of yours is, it does not make you indestructible. Not by a long shot. If you push them to the point of desperation, the tactics they devise could very well put you in mortal peril. Keep that in mind. Finally, if you prove to be a genuine danger to our students, I will see that you are removed from the field. I will remove you personally, if need be. Your machines are exceptional for one of your age, but you have yet to experience the true range of what Grimm and Huntsmen are capable of."

Leliel
2013-09-28, 10:04 AM
Randii fiddles with the straps for the armor on her right arm as she walks. We gonna spar with each other, then?

"Er...funny story with that."

"You know how my Aura powers my shapeshifting? That also means I can't protect myself from damage very well, since most of it is dedicated to keeping the shape stable. My battle hides are usually thick and resilient, but I'm still bleeding by the end of it."

He thinks for a bit.

"Though...if the young maiden could use the blunt parts and remain without long-range weapons, I would be honor-bound to do the same."

AnimeKid
2013-09-28, 11:10 AM
Cael is pinned, but not before she can manage to try and punch Alex in the stomach as she pulls Cael in.

Cael gets her punch off, but it's not enough to keep Alexandra from pinning her. "So as you can grapples are somethin that are harder to execute against bigger and stronger opponents. So if you want to grapple wear them down first. The leg hoof was a nice touch though. Okay lets run again."

This would continue for a few hours. Alexandra literally, gently though, beating correct combat via fisticuffs in Cael. Once they got through Cael would likely be sore, but would have enough pounded into her that she could improvise strikes reliably.

"Okay! That should be all for today. You've got to be in condition to take the trails you know"

Lord Raziere
2013-09-28, 11:47 AM
Seeing as others were busy, she has resumed her own training…but with no flashy attacks that would attract critics again. She would have to save those for when she could find a training ground farther away from the school, for the schools own protection.

She herself also finished up soon. Now what? She knew that the Trials were going to come soon tomorrow, but by now her friends have formed into a full team and she was still alone. Guess there was no putting it off any longer. She would have to find people to make a team with. The more people she knew, the better potential there was for her to join up with somebody she could get along with.

Who did she remember was around aside from Team RACK? oh right, Kaden and Rip. But those were the only two. A third would need to be found for member four. She didn't really remember anyone else of who that third would be though. No matter. They can be found later.

She went off to find Rip and/or Kaden. She kind of dislikes the fact that she will be basically forcing her social interaction for the sake of forming a good team, but it would have to be done, no matter how artificial it felt to her.

Calemyr
2013-09-28, 12:16 PM
It was getting late in the afternoon, almost to the start of the evening, and that meant that Kaden was out on another run. Felix wasn't with her, this time, which was oddly disappointing. The doctor had given her a clean bill of health, and the only reason she was still in the infirmary was because she didn't have a room to return to.

The girl liked to run. It was a simple, straight-forward activity, a nice break from a world in which she felt like she was the only one who hadn't been shown the rules. It also let her get a feel for the campus, and she was curious where this forge was that the other students were talking about. Finally, it helped her to think, and she had a lot to think about.

Another Trial tomorrow, eh? That was fine by her. Going in in pairs made sense, especially given yesterday's Trial. Who would her partner be? Rip? Nah, he'd be teaming up with Robin. The archer and the trickster were as thick as thieves, right? Most of the other girls had formed their own little club, already, and they made her uncomfortable. She felt like an outsider around them. Well, she was an outsider, obviously, she'd never been anything else, but it felt worse to be the outsider while standing on the inside of a crowd. It simply didn't seem fair.

Ah, well. Whatever will be will be. Wasn't that the Kaden perspective? It didn't matter, and it never did. Right? Of course that was right. It wasn't worth worrying about. She could only make herself as prepared as possible and let the chips fall where they may.

Lord Raziere
2013-09-28, 12:36 PM
Kedra soon encountered Kaden.
"Hey, I've been looking for you. Want to talk, Kaden? It is sort of important."
She decided to run alongside her.

Calemyr
2013-09-28, 12:56 PM
Kedra soon encountered Kaden.
"Hey, I've been looking for you. Want to talk, Kaden? It is sort of important."
She decided to run alongside her.

"Oh? Sure. What's on your mind?" Kaden asks, slowing down to a leisurely jog.

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 12:58 PM
Cael gets her punch off, but it's not enough to keep Alexandra from pinning her. "So as you can grapples are somethin that are harder to execute against bigger and stronger opponents. So if you want to grapple wear them down first. The leg hoof was a nice touch though. Okay lets run again."

This would continue for a few hours. Alexandra literally, gently though, beating correct combat via fisticuffs in Cael. Once they got through Cael would likely be sore, but would have enough pounded into her that she could improvise strikes reliably.

"Okay! That should be all for today. You've got to be in condition to take the trails you know"
Caelynn, exhausted, replies between breaths.
thanks, Alex. I'm gonna go back to the dorm and lie down now.

Lord Raziere
2013-09-28, 01:10 PM
"Oh? Sure. What's on your mind?" Kaden asks, slowing down to a leisurely jog.

"Well basically I screwed myself over by making friends with an already full team, instead of seeking out my own…and basically I'm a fifth wheel for them. So yeah, need to find an actual team of my own. I was hoping that you might be a candidate. Do you feel like a candidate, Kaden?"

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-28, 01:39 PM
Perfect...Mirror shine Falcon commented, blowing on her swords as she picked them up, smiling to herself. it had taken a while, but the wings were now in tip-top shape. She retracted them, putting the sections back on her belts and walking back out. Now....I just need a place to practice with them...wonder if they have a training ground She spoke to herself, wandering through the corridors. Well, guess I'll have to think of something...
_________

FOR THE ERADORA!! Silven yelled, slamming her sword down into a target, her blade running clean through it and hitting the ground. She looked around, seeing the next target approaching her, spinning around and absorbing the impact from the wooden manikin with the shield. a click issued from behind it, Silven slamming her shield forward to push the manikin away, holding her shield out to expose her hand, smiling. Boom She pulled the trigger, firing off a magnum round into the manikin, watching it recoil from the blow. That's how it's done

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 01:41 PM
Caelynn bumps into Falcon on her way back
Oh, hello! Didn't see you there.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-28, 01:45 PM
Aurum just nods and begins to walk out of the training grounds, maybe running into someone.

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-28, 01:50 PM
Caelynn bumps into Falcon on her way back
Oh, hello! Didn't see you there.

((Wow, these colors get specific lol))

Oh...hey She replied, scratching the back of her head. Erm....I forget...or I've yet to meet you...Was it....Caelynn? or am I psychic? She spoke, trying to figure things out. Anyway, what can I do you for?

AnimeKid
2013-09-28, 01:50 PM
Caelynn, exhausted, replies between breaths.
thanks, Alex. I'm gonna go back to the dorm and lie down now.

Alexandra picks up her gear and is about to follow when turns to look in another direction, as if hearing something. "I'll catch up to you and Kitty later. I'm going to go check something out right quick." She would then head off eventually coming to the area where Aurum is, much to her surprise.

((Don't worry Hawk and Ark. This was Hatter's idea, and it seemed like he wanted to do a scene so I agreed. No idea whats going to happen though.))

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 01:53 PM
((Wow, these colors get specific lol))

Oh...hey She replied, scratching the back of her head. Erm....I forget...or I've yet to meet you...Was it....Caelynn? or am I psychic? She spoke, trying to figure things out. Anyway, what can I do you for?

Yep! I'm Caelynn. What's up?
(She's not wearing her hat, BTW).

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-28, 02:01 PM
Yep! I'm Caelynn. What's up?
(She's not wearing her hat, BTW).

((Must...resist...pervert...Falcon. Spoil sport))

Caelynn....AH. Caelynn. I remember She spoke, slamming a fist gently into her palm. it was slowly coming back to her. She looked up, wondering what happened to the top hat and noticing the ears. You're a Faunus? She asked, smiling as she stared at the pair. Oh, I love Faunus....they are so....flexible She gave a deep almost unerving (to her) laugh, rubbing a finger under her chin. anyway...nothing so far at least....hopefully something will happen, even if it's just training

Come on, Come on! She yelled, spinning around and slamming her sword into a target coming behind her, giving a cry as the wood splintered. For the Eradora! She cried once more, flipping the grip on her sword and firing a shot off at another target.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-28, 02:05 PM
Alexandra picks up her gear and is about to follow when turns to look in another direction, as if hearing something. "I'll catch up to you and Kitty later. I'm going to go check something out right quick." She would then head off eventually coming to the area where Aurum is, much to her surprise.

((Don't worry Hawk and Ark. This was Hatter's idea, and it seemed like he wanted to do a scene so I agreed. No idea whats going to happen though.))

Aurum frowns when he notices Alex. He's in his power suit, and pulls his helmet off, revealing his angular face. He speaks. Hey, Alex. We need to talk. It's about Caelynn. I will be leaving briefly after the trial. When I'm gone, you'll be around her often. My skill at dissecting human emotion has informed me that you in fact have feelings for my Caelynn. Mine. I'm asking you nicely... Do not make any sort of move on her in my absense. Caelynn is mine. You're jealous of me

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 02:07 PM
((Must...resist...pervert...Falcon. Spoil sport))

Caelynn....AH. Caelynn. I remember She spoke, slamming a fist gently into her palm. it was slowly coming back to her. She looked up, wondering what happened to the top hat and noticing the ears. You're a Faunus? She asked, smiling as she stared at the pair. Oh, I love Faunus....they are so....flexible She gave a deep almost unerving (to her) laugh, rubbing a finger under her chin. anyway...nothing so far at least....hopefully something will happen, even if it's just training

Come on, Come on! She yelled, spinning around and slamming her sword into a target coming behind her, giving a cry as the wood splintered. For the Eradora! She cried once more, flipping the grip on her sword and firing a shot off at another target.

Yep! I'm a Faunus.
What are those?
Cael asks, pointing to Falcon's blades.

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-28, 02:15 PM
Yep! I'm a Faunus.
What are those?
Cael asks, pointing to Falcon's blades.

She raised an eyebrow, looking down and seeing what she meant, the small black blocks attached to her belt. You mean these? She spoke, grabbing the blocks and holding them in her outstretched palm, giving a small smirk. My weapons...I call them the Raven wings She extended one slightly, throwing it up in the air as she extended the second, both fully outstretching at the same time as she caught the first in her back hand. Twin swords...my babies that I've had for years

She held them up for the Faunus to see, smiling. Also doubles as a rifle and a double sword

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 02:23 PM
Nice! Meet Thunder
Caelynn activates her gauntlets and puts them up in front of her face
And Swift
Caelynn points to her boots.
I said Boots, Falcon!

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-28, 02:27 PM
Nice! Meet Thunder
Caelynn activates her gauntlets and puts them up in front of her face
And Swift
Caelynn points to her boots.
I said Boots, Falcon!

((Spoil Sport....I'm not THAT bad...I think....right Blade No comment))

Gauntlets eh? Falcon spoke, looking them over quickly, then her gaze moving to the woman's boots. Didn't think I'd meet a fist fighter. Heck, everyone I've met is either a spear, a sword or an axe...with a few minor exceptions like a Scythe in one town.

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 02:30 PM
I use a ton of dust with these. Dust makes them fire more than just shells.
And the boots as well. No shells though.

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-28, 02:35 PM
Oh...well, I don't really use Dust...it's....kinda long story as to why but my weapons are pure metal and what you see them as She retracted her swords, putting them back on her belt. Either way, I can handle myself...in a lot of situations She raised her gaze, now looking the Faunus straight on, trying not to look further down. Take it your really active though...I mean, in general we all are, but fighting hand to hand is more...demanding then with a weapon

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 02:38 PM
It is. Hence why I use white dust often. Shock wave fists!
What exactly happened? Does it have something to do with your face?

AnimeKid
2013-09-28, 02:43 PM
Aurum frowns when he notices Alex. He's in his power suit, and pulls his helmet off, revealing his angular face. He speaks. Hey, Alex. We need to talk. It's about Caelynn. I will be leaving briefly after the trial. When I'm gone, you'll be around her often. My skill at dissecting human emotion has informed me that you in fact have feelings for my Caelynn. Mine. I'm asking you nicely... Do not make any sort of move on her in my absense. Caelynn is mine. You're jealous of me

Alexandra frowns at Aurum's words. So thats what that feeling was, presuming he wasn't lying of course. Then again why would he? Why not just leave her in the dark. "First off Cael is a person. Not a possession or a trophy. Second you've only had one dinner, so stop with the whole 'my Caelynn' thing. Lastly, I don't trust you as far as I can throw you although I can throw you a very long way."

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-28, 02:44 PM
It is. Hence why I use white dust often. Shock wave fists!
What exactly happened? Does it have something to do with your face?

Wow, someone actually paid attention to my face...but erm....kinda....the eye colour is more what's up then the face. Just....well, let's just say that I won't be forcing Dust out too often...

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 02:46 PM
Wow, someone actually paid attention to my face...but erm....kinda....the eye colour is more what's up then the face. Just....well, let's just say that I won't be forcing Dust out too often...

You have dust infused into your body! That is so cool!

Hattish Thing
2013-09-28, 02:50 PM
Alexandra frowns at Aurum's words. So thats what that feeling was, presuming he wasn't lying of course. Then again why would he? Why not just leave her in the dark. "First off Cael is a person. Not a possession or a trophy. Second you've only had one dinner, so stop with the whole 'my Caelynn' thing. Lastly, I don't trust you as far as I can throw you although I can throw you a very long way."

Aurum growls under his breath. Cael is mine. And if you try anything, trust me, I'll know. Caelynn means a lot to me. I'm trusting you to keep her safe in my absense, and not to try anything. I'll leave you alone, if you agree. If you try anything.... I will enact a suitable punishment, but you won't be the target. I love her, I think.

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-28, 02:50 PM
You have dust infused into your body! That is so cool!

Wait wha? Wait wha? She raised an eyebrow in confusion as she tried to comprehend what had just been said, scratching her nose. You....kinda got it in one....how the hell did you know? She honestly had to ask, as it was such a rare thing to happen, she was most likely the only one to have this happen at all. Anyway, maybe one night I could give you a basic explaination...best I can anyway

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 02:52 PM
Wait wha? Wait wha? She raised an eyebrow in confusion as she tried to comprehend what had just been said, scratching her nose. You....kinda got it in one....how the hell did you know? She honestly had to ask, as it was such a rare thing to happen, she was most likely the only one to have this happen at all. Anyway, maybe one night I could give you a basic explaination...best I can anyway

Well, you said forcing Dust out, and you don't use dust with weapons.

Calemyr
2013-09-28, 02:55 PM
"Well basically I screwed myself over by making friends with an already full team, instead of seeking out my own…and basically I'm a fifth wheel for them. So yeah, need to find an actual team of my own. I was hoping that you might be a candidate. Do you feel like a candidate, Kaden?"

"A candidate?" Kaden asks with a smirk on her face. "No. I've never thought of myself as a candidate for anything. If you're looking for a friend or a partner, then sure, I'm game. But I'm not interested in running for office or anything."

(Kaden is subtly needling Kedra over what I'm envisioning as Weiss-like behavior: political gainsmanship rather than genuinely seeking to expand out into a new circle of friends. She's not doing this maliciously or anything, it's simply not a game she's interested in playing.)

AnimeKid
2013-09-28, 03:00 PM
Aurum growls under his breath. Cael is mine. And if you try anything, trust me, I'll know. Caelynn means a lot to me. I'm trusting you to keep her safe in my absense, and not to try anything. I'll leave you alone, if you agree. If you try anything.... I will enact a suitable punishment, but you won't be the target. I love her, I think.

"I highly doubt that, especially with how you talk. And suitable punishment? I knew all that niceness and turning over a new leaf bullsh*t was an act. Especially since you only started today. I don't know what your sudden obsession with Cael is all about, and is what it is an obsession, but you won't fool me like you did her. You probably didn't know the first thing about her before tonight. But I'll protect her alright, even from you."

Lord Raziere
2013-09-28, 03:05 PM
"A candidate?" Kaden asks with a smirk on her face. "No. I've never thought of myself as a candidate for anything. If you're looking for a friend or a partner, then sure, I'm game. But I'm not interested in running for office or anything."

(Kaden is subtly needling Kedra over what I'm envisioning as Weiss-like behavior: political gainsmanship rather than genuinely seeking to expand out into a new circle of friends. She's not doing this maliciously or anything, it's simply not a game she's interested in playing.)

"Oh sorry, I didn't mean it like that, gods, I hate it when words mean things that aren't what I intended them to mean things. I meant would you like to make a team with me? I kind of need to be on one, and I screwed myself over by being a fifth wheel, so unless you have your own team, I think we are kind of the last two who don't actually have one. Are you in or not? Gods you try to be inspiring and this what it gets you…"

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-28, 03:05 PM
Well, you said forcing Dust out, and you don't use dust with weapons.

Yeah, but I could just not rely on the stuff. Heck, it's not hard to when you work at it....but...on the bright side, I seem to be affected by Dust in more then just having it in me. using it harms me but being around it heals me....so...yeah, that's....entertaining

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 03:10 PM
That is an odd dilemma. I need up slightly nocturnal and with keener hearing and sight. Of course, I would prefer to not visit the train station or stare at a bulb for a few minutes now.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-28, 03:12 PM
"I highly doubt that, especially with how you talk. And suitable punishment? I knew all that niceness and turning over a new leaf bullsh*t was an act. Especially since you only started today. I don't know what your sudden obsession with Cael is all about, and is what it is an obsession, but you won't fool me like you did her. You probably didn't know the first thing about her before tonight. But I'll protect her alright, even from you."

Aurum smiles, and the next few words may actually frighten Alexandra a little bir, by how matter of fact he is. Try anthing, love, and I will hurt her, all without ever touching her sweet, soft, skin... I wonder how the rest of her tastes... Mmmm.... She has a wonderful tongue, by the way. So, sweetheart.... Leave her alone. Lay a hand on her in a way that's not completely platonic, and I'll crush her fragile heart.

Understand?

Calemyr
2013-09-28, 03:17 PM
"Oh sorry, I didn't mean it like that, gods, I hate it when words mean things that aren't what I intended them to mean things. I meant would you like to make a team with me? I kind of need to be on one, and I screwed myself over by being a fifth wheel, so unless you have your own team, I think we are kind of the last two who don't actually have one. Are you in or not? Gods you try to be inspiring and this what it gets you…"

"It would be my pleasure, then. With luck, we can recruit Rip and Robin at the Trial to round out the ranks." She slows to a stop. "I'm a straight up brawler, myself. I hit hard and my aura lets me take hits well. What's your game?"

(Kaden is still completely unaware that Robin has left the school. That news will come as a disappointment.)

AnimeKid
2013-09-28, 03:20 PM
Aurum smiles, and the next few words may actually frighten Alexandra a little bir, by how matter of fact he is. Try anthing, love, and I will hurt her, all without ever touching her sweet, soft, skin... I wonder how the rest of her tastes... Mmmm.... She has a wonderful tongue, by the way. So, sweetheart.... Leave her alone. Lay a hand on her in a way that's not completely platonic, and I'll crush her fragile heart.

Understand?

It does frighten her yes. However it also strengthens her resolve. "We'll see. You don't get eveything you want, money can't buy everything after all. I'll protect Cael no matter the cost. However I will agree for now."

Hawkflight
2013-09-28, 03:23 PM
After helping out with training Cael, the three went their separate ways. Kitty, having nothing to do, would wander about campus. If she din't bump into anyone, she would grab some food and then return to the forge.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-28, 03:24 PM
It does frighten her yes. However it also strengthens her resolve. "We'll see. You don't get eveything you want, money can't buy everything after all. I'll protect Cael no matter the cost. However I will agree for now."

He smiles, the sadistic side vanishing as soon as he heard what he wanted to hear. He'll place his helmet between his arms and walk away, letting her have the last word.

Lord Raziere
2013-09-28, 03:25 PM
"Well I tend to use tactics and tricks to hinder my opponent, then while they are immobilized or vulnerable I strike with overwhelming force. I guess my aura armor also allows me to take a lot of hits. but its also why I need to use the strategy I just talked about, because many people are more agile than me, therefore I need to sort of bring them down to my level."
She considers the information
"Good, we have at least one option to fill out the rest of our team. I'll also try to recruit them as soon as I see them."

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-28, 03:28 PM
That is an odd dilemma. I need up slightly nocturnal and with keener hearing and sight. Of course, I would prefer to not visit the train station or stare at a bulb for a few minutes now.

It's not that dull....I just have to make sure that I have some sort of Dust exposed to me and I heal up....eyesights generally better and hearing.....it's not too bad....oh, but the night vision is the worst at times. trying to sleep and all you can see is the outline of everything....though it's good for travel She sighed at this point, cracking her neck. It just....get's annoying when you get all these guys talking about how they are 'oh so mighty' because they have Dust in their weapons, and I'm a living weapon myself

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 03:29 PM
It's not that dull....I just have to make sure that I have some sort of Dust exposed to me and I heal up....eyesights generally better and hearing.....it's not too bad....oh, but the night vision is the worst at times. trying to sleep and all you can see is the outline of everything....though it's good for travel She sighed at this point, cracking her neck. It just....get's annoying when you get all these guys talking about how they are 'oh so mighty' because they have Dust in their weapons, and I'm a living weapon myself

Easy fix: challenge them to a duel. They'll likely focus on dust powers.

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-28, 03:33 PM
Easy fix: challenge them to a duel. They'll likely focus on dust powers.

It's...never that simple sadly She sighed, cracking her neck. I'm not immune to the effects, I just heal in the presence of Dust...it's kinda weird at times but...well, they can use Dust all they want, I just struggle to handle it if I use it. Well who does handle injuries well

AnimeKid
2013-09-28, 03:35 PM
Alexandra glared at Aurum's back he left. He was not going to hurt Cael. She couldn't do it alone though. Looks like she would have to find somwilling help at the trial tommorow. First things first she needed to have a talk with Cael, provided Aurum didn't crash their dorm like last time. Letting her anger get back down to a manageable level she headed back to the dorm.

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 03:35 PM
Exactly. Have you tried using Aura?

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-28, 03:37 PM
Exactly. Have you tried using Aura?

Aur-wha? She asked, raising an eyebrow. Erm...something tells me I haven't....heck, I doubt I've even heard of it before.

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 03:39 PM
Cael looks surprised
Aura is the energy of the soul. You can channel it to heal or augment you or your weapons or clothing. Rorokan can explain better.

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-28, 03:44 PM
It's still not ringing any bells sadly She admitted, sighing. Then again, when I can just heal by relying on Dust, I doubt I've needed to use it too often She then blinked, smiling as she thought of something, giving Caelynn a cheeky grin. Augment clothing you say?

AnimeKid
2013-09-28, 04:00 PM
Cael looks surprised
Aura is the energy of the soul. You can channel it to heal or augment you or your weapons or clothing. Rorokan can explain better.

It's still not ringing any bells sadly She admitted, sighing. Then again, when I can just heal by relying on Dust, I doubt I've needed to use it too often She then blinked, smiling as she thought of something, giving Caelynn a cheeky grin. Augment clothing you say?

It is at this point that Alexandra comes across the duo. "HI there Cael, and um...Falcon was it? What are you guys talking talking about?"

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 04:03 PM
It is at this point that Alexandra comes across the duo. "HI there Cael, and um...Falcon was it? What are you guys talking talking about?"
Hi Alex! Falcon never learned about aura before, I was telling her about it.
And yes Falcon, Augment clothing. You have to activate it via focus though.

AnimeKid
2013-09-28, 04:10 PM
Hi Alex! Falcon never learned about aura before, I was telling her about it.
And yes Falcon, Augment clothing. You have to activate it via focus though.

Alexandra rubs her chin as she says, "Not necessarily. Aura can be trained to use on an instinctual level. That kind of training is brutal though. It's not for everyone I assure you."

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-28, 04:12 PM
Well, consider right now I'm a living weapon, I don't mind either way. but....well, how exactly do I access my Aura....I never thought I'd be saying THAT in my lifetime

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 04:24 PM
Well, consider right now I'm a living weapon, I don't mind either way. but....well, how exactly do I access my Aura....I never thought I'd be saying THAT in my lifetime

Rorokan should be able to teach you.

AnimeKid
2013-09-28, 04:27 PM

"Well the quickest way would be to find someone with decent aura control to use their aura to unlock yours. Other than that, a lot of meditation and physical exhaustion, to bring to the point where drawing out your aura is need and not a want. At least that's how it was for me."

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-28, 04:28 PM
Well then where is he? If he's the one to teach me how to 'Aura' then my god I need to learn sooner rather then alter.

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 04:29 PM
probably in his office or classroom or something.

Calemyr
2013-09-28, 04:33 PM
"Well I tend to use tactics and tricks to hinder my opponent, then while they are immobilized or vulnerable I strike with overwhelming force. I guess my aura armor also allows me to take a lot of hits. but its also why I need to use the strategy I just talked about, because many people are more agile than me, therefore I need to sort of bring them down to my level."
She considers the information
"Good, we have at least one option to fill out the rest of our team. I'll also try to recruit them as soon as I see them."

"Here's to hoping things work out so easily. We'll see. Now, if you don't mind, I'm looking for this forge the other students have been talking about. I have some ideas I want to try out."

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-28, 04:33 PM
Then I'll....track him down later She spoke, rasing her hand in some dramatic style. And then I will learn how to use my aura and fight like everyone else. AHHA She gave a determined grin, looking between the two.

Or I just keep going as I am....I'll wait till he randomly appears

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 04:34 PM
Okay, see you later!

Hawkflight
2013-09-28, 04:37 PM
"Here's to hoping things work out so easily. We'll see. Now, if you don't mind, I'm looking for this forge the other students have been talking about. I have some ideas I want to try out."

Upon reaching the forge, Kaden would find Kitty working on ... something. It was hard to tell what at this stage.

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-28, 04:37 PM
Erm...I'm not going anywhere...easier to keep the conversation going

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 04:45 PM
Erm...I'm not going anywhere...easier to keep the conversation going

I was kind heading to my dorm to rest anyways though...

AnimeKid
2013-09-28, 04:49 PM
Alexandra nods as she says, "Same here actually."

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-28, 04:54 PM
Oh, alright then. I'll go hunting for....Rorokan...Shouldn't be too hard to find right?

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 04:56 PM
chances are he'll come to you. He monitors the public areas with aura for security purposes. Sort of like watching security footage.

Lord Raziere
2013-09-28, 04:57 PM
Well. That was short and clean. Kaden is onboard then, cool. Now what? It seemed to be getting late in the day. Should catch some rest or perhaps some dinner. Or perhaps…

She gone back to her dorm, and put the letters "KK" above it. Soon it will become the dorm for the team. just need two more people to make it a full word. Fortunately it also applied to her own name, so technically it was accurate about who was here now.

And while she was at it…she decided to decorate her own little corner of the dorm a little, making sure to keep the other three beds untouched. A notable addition was….a Blood Angels Space Marine soft plushie? as a teddy bear equivalent? whatever keeps her asleep at night, one guesses...

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 04:58 PM
so, see you around Falcon!
Caelynn leaves and enters the dorm

AnimeKid
2013-09-28, 05:04 PM
Oh, alright then. I'll go hunting for....Rorokan...Shouldn't be too hard to find right?

chances are he'll come to you. He monitors the public areas with aura for security purposes. Sort of like watching security footage.

Alexandra nods as she says, "Cael is pretty on the mark there. So you don't have to worry too much about finding him."

If all was said and done Alexandra would head back to the dorm with Cael. On the way there though she would have a contemplative look on her face. Coming to a decision, halfway there, she would put a hand on Cael's shoulder. She had a very serious expression on her face. "Cael, earlier today you said we were best friends. I'll admit I don't know much about being a best friend. Other than it means I care for you a lot. I would never lie to you. That being said, do you trust me? Because what I want to tell you, you may not believe me. However even if you don't I need you desperately to keep this to yourself."

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 05:06 PM
Alexandra nods as she says, "Cael is pretty on the mark there. So you don't have to worry too much about finding him."

If all was said and done Alexandra would head back to the dorm with Cael. On the way there though she would have a contemplative look on her face. Coming to a decision, halfway there, she would put a hand on Cael's shoulder. She had a very serious expression on her face. "Cael, earlier today you said we were best friends. I'll admit I don't know much about being a best friend. Other than it means I care for you a lot. I would never lie to you. That being said, do you trust me? Because what I want to tell you, you may not believe me. However even if you don't I need you desperately to keep this to yourself."

I trust you more than anyone else I know.

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-28, 05:22 PM
((Why do I have a feeling there's a love triangle forming?))

Sounds easy enough. So...on that note, I'll catch you later...mayhap this 'Aura' buisness could be worth it She spoke, cracking her neck as she walked away. 'Till we meet again Mon Soeur She spoke, walking away.

Now, she had to think of the best way to get Rorokan to talk to her...within the confinds of the rules of course, as she started walking down the corridors once more.

Calemyr
2013-09-28, 05:23 PM
Upon reaching the forge, Kaden would find Kitty working on ... something. It was hard to tell what at this stage.

"Hey, vixen!" Kaden calls cheerfully as she wanders into the forge. She pauses for a moment, thoughtfully. "Is it alright to call you that, actually? I've never met any Faunis before, maybe it's rude to call you by your animal aspect? I just like the word... Anyway, how does this work? Can I just take any open workspace and get started?"

AnimeKid
2013-09-28, 05:23 PM
I trust you more than anyone else I know.

Alexandra nods as she sighs to herself. Cael would be able to see that she looks afraid. Probably of her not believing her. She makes sure that no one is going to come up on them and drags her into a nearby girls bathroom. She sighs as she shakily starts speaking. "When I went to check out that noise I heard before I came across Aurum, to my surprise. He wanted to talk to me. It happened only scant seconds ago so I can remember what he said perfectly. Especially considering the topic of our discussion. He said, 'Hey, Alex. We need to talk. It's about Caelynn. I will be leaving briefly after the trial. When I'm gone, you'll be around her often. My skill at dissecting human emotion has informed me that you in fact have feelings for my Caelynn. Mine. I'm asking you nicely... Do not make any sort of move on her in my absense. Caelynn is mine. You're jealous of me'.

I had never considered that. I mean lately I knew that I had wanted to punch Aurum in the face but I thought that was because of something Kitty told me. I had never felt jealousy so strongly before. In response I said, 'First off Cael is a person. Not a possession or a trophy. Second you've only had one dinner, so stop with the whole 'my Caelynn' thing. Lastly, I don't trust you as far as I can throw you although I can throw you a very long way'. I'll admit I wasn't fully convinced of Aurum's change of personality. Before it was because of what I could see. Afterwards though I can admit that my jealousy played a part in it. Particularly after he mentioned he was taking you to dinner.

However it was this next part that convinced me for sure. He said, 'Cael is mine. And if you try anything, trust me, I'll know. Caelynn means a lot to me. I'm trusting you to keep her safe in my absense, and not to try anything. I'll leave you alone, if you agree. If you try anything.... I will enact a suitable punishment, but you won't be the target. I love her, I think.' I don't care how in love you are, enacting suitable punishment is not something you should be threatening others with. If it was something happening to me like a fight I could accept that. But happening to someone else? That's crossing a line with me.

I started to get more angry at that point and said, 'I highly doubt that, especially with how you talk. And suitable punishment? I knew all that niceness and turning over a new leaf bullsh*t was an act. Especially since you only started today. I don't know what your sudden obsession with Cael is all about, and is what it is an obsession, but you won't fool me like you did her. You probably didn't know the first thing about her before tonight. But I'll protect her alright, even from you.' I'll admit it was a bit irrational, but I kinda get like that around people I care about. I really doubt what he feels for you is love, especially if he has to try to convince you he's something that he is not. Also I'm sorry about the 'fooling you' part. I...that was another jealousy thing talking.

Then, finally....this is what made me really scared. He said, 'Try anthing, love, and I will hurt her, all without ever touching her sweet, soft, skin... I wonder how the rest of her tastes... Mmmm.... She has a wonderful tongue, by the way. So, sweetheart.... Leave her alone. Lay a hand on her in a way that's not completely platonic, and I'll crush her fragile heart.

Understand?'"

At repeating that part Alexandra looks sickened and chokes up a bit, looking more and more afraid, but she can't stop now.

"I... I think I managed to hide how much that scared me. More than anything else he said. I managed to keep my bravado up. Making think he hadn't rattled me when I said, 'We'll see. You don't get eveything you want, money can't buy everything after all. I'll protect Cael no matter the cost. However I will agree for now.' I...I just don't want you to think I'm lying and that this breaks us a part Cael. Now that I've had it shoved in my face, I think I do care about you in a deeper way. I'm not quite sure but I don't think I could feel so strongly if I didn't. So believe me when I say that I'm not lying to you. Please..... "

Alexandra has tears in her eyes at this point. Knowing that depending on how things go now....she may just lose a best friend....and someone she deeply cares about.

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 05:32 PM
I believe you. You are my best friend, and what would you gain from lying?
Caelynn's expression darkened.
When I see his face again, I am sucker punching him in the stomach with my gauntlets.

AnimeKid
2013-09-28, 05:40 PM
I believe you. You are my best friend, and what would you gain from lying?
Caelynn's expression darkened.
When I see his face again, I am sucker punching him in the stomach with my gauntlets.

Alexandra has a bright smile on her face at Cael saying she believes her. That smile rapidly turns into an 'O' of surprise when her legs give out from under her from sheer relief. Looking up she says with a nervous smile, "Wow, I guess was more nervous than I thought. Thank you though, thank you. Umm....could you help me up?" Once back on her feet Alex would wobble a little but stay upright.

"Okay then, If we're going to do anything we need to wait. Aurum is going to be leaving soon so I doubt he's going to arrange any dates anytime soon. And if this trial is as vigorous as the last one we'll probably be recovering so he can't schedule anything then either. We need to play along until he leaves and then we can get teachers in on this. I suggest Rokoran. I know you don't trust him because of what was said at the meeting but think about this. If a voice sample and dna sample could be faked, what would stop there from being a faked or looped video? Sometimes 'Discretion is the better part of Valor'."

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 05:43 PM
Alexandra has a bright smile on her face at Cael saying she believes her. That smile rapidly turns into an 'O' of surprise when her legs give out from under her from sheer relief. Looking up she says with a nervous smile, "Wow, I guess was more nervous than I thought. Thank you though, thank you. Umm....could you help me up?" Once back on her feet Alex would wobble a little but stay upright.

"Okay then, If we're going to do anything we need to wait. Aurum is going to be leaving soon so I doubt he's going to arrange any dates anytime soon. And if this trial is as vigorous as the last one we'll probably be recovering so he can't schedule anything then either. We need to play along until he leaves and then we can get teachers in on this. I suggest Rokoran. I know you don't trust him because of what was said at the meeting but think about this. If a voice sample and dna sample could be faked, what would stop there from being a faked or looped video? Sometimes 'Discretion is the better part of Valor'."

Caelynn helps Alex up
Got it. Sounds like a plan

Hawkflight
2013-09-28, 05:47 PM
"Hey, vixen!" Kaden calls cheerfully as she wanders into the forge. She pauses for a moment, thoughtfully. "Is it alright to call you that, actually? I've never met any Faunis before, maybe it's rude to call you by your animal aspect? I just like the word... Anyway, how does this work? Can I just take any open workspace and get started?"

"Hey, human!" Kitty replied, sticking her tongue out at her to make it clear she was joking. "Nah, it's fine. Yeah, any open workspace is good, there's one right here." She gestured to the space next to her as an invitation.

AnimeKid
2013-09-28, 05:47 PM
Caelynn helps Alex up
Got it. Sounds like a plan

Alexandra nods as she says, "Good, now lets get back to the dorms. I think I need to sit down for a bit. Plus I bet your probably really sore right now. Don't worry the pain means that it's working. Plus you'll get used to it soon. Kitty is probably still at the forge though. I swear one of these days the girl is just going to start living there." Alexandra would then follow Cael, shakily, back to the dorms.

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 05:50 PM
Caelynn arrives at the dorm and makes a beeline for her bed. She lays down on it and starts playing sudoku

AnimeKid
2013-09-28, 05:56 PM
Alexandra hops up into her top bunk and fishes out two protein bars. She opens one to chow down on and offers the other one to Cael. After that she grabs one of her barbells and starts pumping while reading a book her sister recommended and sent with her.

Calemyr
2013-09-28, 05:57 PM
"Hey, human!" Kitty replied, sticking her tongue out at her to make it clear she was joking. "Nah, it's fine. Yeah, any open workspace is good, there's one right here." She gestured to the space next to her as an invitation.

"Thanks." Kaden quickly unloads her tonfa onto the space, as well as a small bag of tools and other resources. She hums a little as she sets to work on one of them, carefully dismantling it. Once she gets that far, however, she stops, uncertain of what to do next. "I forgot the Stormwall mechanism was that thick..." She mutters to herself. "I'm going to have to rebuild it if I want to add a counter wall..."

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 05:59 PM
Alexandra hops up into her top bunk and fishes out two protein bars. She opens one to chow down on and offers the other one to Cael. After that she grabs one of her barbells and starts pumping while reading a book her sister recommended and sent with her.
Caelynn accepts
thanks!

Hawkflight
2013-09-28, 06:04 PM
"Thanks." Kaden quickly unloads her tonfa onto the space, as well as a small bag of tools and other resources. She hums a little as she sets to work on one of them, carefully dismantling it. Once she gets that far, however, she stops, uncertain of what to do next. "I forgot the Stormwall mechanism was that thick..." She mutters to herself. "I'm going to have to rebuild it if I want to add a counter wall..."

"....Huh, what is it?" Kitty asked.

Calemyr
2013-09-28, 06:19 PM
"....Huh, what is it?" Kitty asked.

"This piece here is called the Stormwall. What it does is turns whenever the tonfa changes orientation, see, and that generates electricity. That's important, you see, because that means the Dust isn't generating the power, it's governing it. It's really efficient, I can go a full year and a half on one load of Dust. That and the maximum energy level is greater than what the Dust itself could generate meaning I can build up the power output beyond any other Dust-based weapon I've ever seen. The problem is that the I am the one that has to generate that power, and it can take a long time. That puts me at a disadvantage early on. Since most fights are pretty short, it also means I'm rarely at a high level of power."

Hawkflight
2013-09-28, 06:27 PM
"This piece here is called the Stormwall. What it does is turns whenever the tonfa changes orientation, see, and that generates electricity. That's important, you see, because that means the Dust isn't generating the power, it's governing it. It's really efficient, I can go a full year and a half on one load of Dust. That and the maximum energy level is greater than what the Dust itself could generate meaning I can build up the power output beyond any other Dust-based weapon I've ever seen. The problem is that the I am the one that has to generate that power, and it can take a long time. That puts me at a disadvantage early on. Since most fights are pretty short, it also means I'm rarely at a high level of power."

Kitty examined the mechanism curiously. "I see, and that's why you can't build a gun into it. It won't fit," she deduced. "Have you considered using a cobalt/niobium/zirconium alloy? It's superconductive and has a low specific energy, so it should build up that charge faster."

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 06:32 PM
Kitty examined the mechanism curiously. "I see, and that's why you can't build a gun into it. It won't fit," she deduced. "Have you considered using a cobalt/niobium/zirconium alloy? It's superconductive and has a low specific energy, so it should build up that charge faster."

Somewhere, Teslani sits up straight
I sense... A disturbance in a periodic table element name.
Pyrochlore is partly Niobium, and It isn't even explosive despite the name!

Calemyr
2013-09-28, 07:48 PM

"I've spent the last three years living in the wilderness, vixen." Kaden says quietly as she fusses over her disassembled weapon. "I've had hell of a time getting enough copper for repairs, much less anything fancy. And while you're right on the fact that I couldn't fit a gun in these things if I tried, I also don't want to. Guns are expensive to maintain. The mechanisms wear out quick without proper storage, the reload time in combat can be murder, and the cost of ammunition - even dust shells - adds up quick. Even if I had guns, I'd never use them."

"But my idea, see, isn't about that. If I could put in a second Stormwall that spins counter to this one, the interplay of the two should more than triple my energy generation. With quicker charge times, I wouldn't need to drag fights out as long. And if I can put some sort of governor on the discharge mechanisms, it should be possible to fire a Crescendo without completely draining the capacitors. They wouldn't be as strong, but I could fire more than one before having to recharge. And with a counter wall, I could fire three for the effort it required to fire one equivalent Crescendo in the first place."

Hawkflight
2013-09-28, 07:53 PM
"I've spent the last three years living in the wilderness, vixen." Kaden says quietly as she fusses over her disassembled weapon. "I've had hell of a time getting enough copper for repairs, much less anything fancy. And while you're right on the fact that I couldn't fit a gun in these things if I tried, I also don't want to. Guns are expensive to maintain. The mechanisms wear out quick without proper storage, the reload time in combat can be murder, and the cost of ammunition - even dust shells - adds up quick. Even if I had guns, I'd never use them."

"But my idea, see, isn't about that. If I could put in a second Stormwall that spins counter to this one, the interplay of the two should more than triple my energy generation. With quicker charge times, I wouldn't need to drag fights out as long. And if I can put some sort of governor on the discharge mechanisms, it should be possible to fire a Crescendo without completely draining the capacitors. They wouldn't be as strong, but I could fire more than one before having to recharge. And with a counter wall, I could fire three for the effort it required to fire one equivalent Crescendo in the first place."

"Oh, I see...." said Kitty. "Well, if you need or want help, just let me know! My dad helps run the Vulcan Refinery Corporation, so I know my metals."

Calemyr
2013-09-28, 07:59 PM
"Oh, I see...." said Kitty. "Well, if you need or want help, just let me know! My dad helps run the Vulcan Refinery Corporation, so I know my metals."

"Thanks. I might just take you up on that sometime. Right now, however, I don't have the time to redesign the casing. I'll have my work cut out for me to just get the Stormwalls done, and maybe the governors... Hmm... The question is how much can I shave off the Stormwalls I before I start sacrificing impact resistance..."

Hawkflight
2013-09-28, 08:11 PM
"Thanks. I might just take you up on that sometime. Right now, however, I don't have the time to redesign the casing. I'll have my work cut out for me to just get the Stormwalls done, and maybe the governors... Hmm... The question is how much can I shave off the Stormwalls I before I start sacrificing impact resistance..."

"Well, that's why I suggested the niobium alloy," Kitty said. "You can shave more off the stormwall, and still get the same performance and impact resistance, allowing you to easily fit both in there. I mean, you have to reconstruct both anyway, right?"

Calemyr
2013-09-28, 08:15 PM
"Well, that's why I suggested the niobium alloy," Kitty said. "You can shave more off the stormwall, and still get the same performance and impact resistance, allowing you to easily fit both in there. I mean, you have to reconstruct both anyway, right?"

"Hmm... You raise a good point. Where would I find some?"

KerfuffleMach2
2013-09-28, 08:21 PM
"Er...funny story with that."

"You know how my Aura powers my shapeshifting? That also means I can't protect myself from damage very well, since most of it is dedicated to keeping the shape stable. My battle hides are usually thick and resilient, but I'm still bleeding by the end of it."

He thinks for a bit.

"Though...if the young maiden could use the blunt parts and remain without long-range weapons, I would be honor-bound to do the same."

Randii chuckles. So, you're saying you don't have a weapon? That's probably something you should work on.

With a swift motion, Randii draws her blade and dons her shield. My only ranged is the blade itself, so you're good there. And I guess I could leave leave out the paralyzing Dust I usually use. She gives him a grin.

Hawkflight
2013-09-28, 08:21 PM
"Hmm... You raise a good point. Where would I find some?"

Kitty thought for a moment. "I believe the niobium alloys are ... this way." She made her way to a section of the metal storage lockers, searching through them before finding what she was looking for.

"Aha! Here it is." She picked up a couple of metal bars and gave them to Kaden.

ImpSyndrome
2013-09-28, 08:54 PM
[DORMS, RIP'S ROOM (for now) -> TO THE DINING HALL]

Rip awakens from his nap after a couple hours; as he sits up from the floor and stretches, his stomach quakes and growls, reminding him to fetch some dinner. After quickly smoothing out his clothes (in which he had fallen asleep), he leaves the dorms for the main building, making a beeline for the dining hall.

((Sorry it's short, but I wanted to give blade plenty of room to have Falcon meet/run into Rip in whatever way he/she prefers.))

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-28, 09:01 PM
((Oh relax, my days RPing have taught me a lot of tricks))

Well, this has been an eventful day Falcon moaned, sighing as she walked towards the dining hall. And no real success in terms of...well, anything She sighed again, closing her eyes as she flopped, walking through the halls and only opening once she smelt some kind of food. And then, her spirits came back.

Food She smiled, clasping her hands together. Enough food to ea- She would have finished that thought, but she couldn't, smashed to the floor by what she could only describe as a runaway train, landing face first on the ground. Occasionally she twitched on the floor before lifting her head up, her head spinning.

Did anyone catch the number of that wagon? She asked, her voice high pitched and confused.

Calemyr
2013-09-28, 09:58 PM
Kitty thought for a moment. "I believe the niobium alloys are ... this way." She made her way to a section of the metal storage lockers, searching through them before finding what she was looking for.

"Aha! Here it is." She picked up a couple of metal bars and gave them to Kaden.

Bars in hand, Kaden gets right to work. The idea of doing the precise crafting needed in a couple of hours is a laughable proposition, but she's going to give it her best shot. Tomorrow she will be ready to make a better showing than last time.

Hawkflight
2013-09-28, 10:03 PM
Bars in hand, Kaden gets right to work. The idea of doing the precise crafting needed in a couple of hours is a laughable proposition, but she's going to give it her best shot. Tomorrow she will be ready to make a better showing than last time.

Kitty would stick around to offer help if Kaden wanted or needed it. If not, she would return to her dorm room with the others.

ImpSyndrome
2013-09-28, 10:29 PM
((Oh relax, my days RPing have taught me a lot of tricks))

Well, this has been an eventful day Falcon moaned, sighing as she walked towards the dining hall. And no real success in terms of...well, anything She sighed again, closing her eyes as she flopped, walking through the halls and only opening once she smelt some kind of food. And then, her spirits came back.

Food She smiled, clasping her hands together. Enough food to ea- She would have finished that thought, but she couldn't, smashed to the floor by what she could only describe as a runaway train, landing face first on the ground. Occasionally she twitched on the floor before lifting her head up, her head spinning.

Did anyone catch the number of that wagon? She asked, her voice high pitched and confused.
[NEAR THE DINING HALL]

Perhaps Rip is walking more quickly than he realizes. Perhaps he has forgotten his surroundings in his reckless search for sustenance. Perhaps he is still groggy from just waking up. Or perhaps the myriad of appetizing smells in his vicinity has clouded his worldly senses. For any number of these reasons, he makes an embarrassing blunder: he accidentally runs into a tall, dark-haired girl and sends her crashing spectacularly to the floor.

After recovering from the initial surprise of the impact, Rip realizes what has happened and apologizes to the unfortunate victim of his error. "Are you alright," he asks her, guilt evident in his tone. Should she fail to get back on her feet on her own, he will walk around in front of her and offer a hand to help her stand up.

Calemyr
2013-09-28, 10:29 PM
Kitty would stick around to offer help if Kaden wanted or needed it. If not, she would return to her dorm room with the others.

Kaden is so focused on her work she is oblivious to the world, she isn't even aware of it when Kitty leaves for the night. (I do apologize in her stead for this rude behavior. I thought I wrote her better than that...) She works well into the night before she even speaks again.

"Hey, vixen, I need a little blue Dust to finish off this glyph. Where do they keep the Dust around here?"

"I'm afraid they don't keep Dust supplies in the forge, Miss Zei. I would, however, be willing to part with some of my own if you're willing to show me why you need it."

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 10:34 PM
Caelynn looks up as Kitty enters
Hi Kitty.

Hawkflight
2013-09-28, 10:36 PM
Kitty walked into her dorm, spotting the others there as well. Seeing Cael, she took a deep breath and hopped up onto her bed. One might notice she seemed a little nervous.

"Hi girls," she said, dragging Heaven's Maw up with her. "Good as new. Better, even."

Calemyr
2013-09-28, 10:48 PM
Upon seeing Barlowe, Kaden drops into a combat stance, her eyes drifting off to her stricken weapons. "What are you doing here?" She demanded, cautiously.

"This is my forge, wherever else would I be?"

"But that means you..."

"Yes."

"But you and I..."

"Indeed. I remember, I was there."

"So I got my ass kicked by a blacksmith?

"I prefer the term forgemaster, if it's all the same to you." Barlowe corrected, mildly.

Kaden stifled a scream of frustration and anguish. "Oh, this is just not fair!"

AnimeKid
2013-09-28, 11:29 PM
Kitty walked into her dorm, spotting the others there as well. Seeing Cael, she took a deep breath and hopped up onto her bed. One might notice she seemed a little nervous.

"Hi girls," she said, dragging Heaven's Maw up with her. "Good as new. Better, even."

Alexandra looks at Kitty and smiles as she says, "Hey Kitty! Glad Heavens Maw is good as new. Is something wrong? You look kinda nervous about something."

Hawkflight
2013-09-28, 11:41 PM
Alexandra looks at Kitty and smiles as she says, "Hey Kitty! Glad Heavens Maw is good as new. Is something wrong? You look kinda nervous about something."

"Oh, it's nothing," Kitty fibbed. "I guess I'm just nervous about the trials tomorrow. At least with the first one I had some idea what to expect."

((Remember, Kitty doesn't know about what Aurum said to Alex, or the conversation between Alex and Cael.))

Lord Raziere
2013-09-28, 11:59 PM
She looked at the finished decorations. If anyone else was around, they'd probably wonder how she was able to get so much stuff in, like those poster of a Space Marine killing a Grim with a chainsword with the caption "Kill the Grim! For The Emperor!" or a TTGL poster, or a red blanket for her bed or an orange pillow, in addition to her red teddy space marine. The answer was that Kedra was strong and knew how to store things efficiently. Stupid mother and her carrying chores.

But now since she was finished…
"I'm bored….and its getting late."
Suddenly her stomach rumbled. oh right. dinner.
She gone downstairs to the Dining Hall to find…..Rip and some new girl collapsed on the floor.
"Oh hey, you guys ok? and hey Rip, I was looking for you earlier…"

Arkhosia
2013-09-29, 12:05 AM
Caelynn looks at the time
hey guys, it's supper time. I'm gonna go get food.

-----------
Caelynn comes speeding in and trips over rip and Falcon, hitting her head on the floor.
Im okay!

Lord Raziere
2013-09-29, 12:12 AM
Kedra facepa-

wait.

She still had power armor on. One had to be careful about facepalming in power armor, do it too hard and you might crack your skull.

She facepalms, softly.

With a sigh, she starts trying to help them all up...

Hawkflight
2013-09-29, 12:19 AM

-----------
Caelynn comes speeding in and trips over rip and Falcon, hitting her head on the floor.
Im okay!

"Oh! Good idea!" Kitty follows, and attempts to pull Cael aside for a moment.

Arkhosia
2013-09-29, 12:21 AM
Cael is pulled aside.

AnimeKid
2013-09-29, 12:31 AM
Alexandra shrugs and heads to the dinner hall, taking another protien bar. She passes Kitty and Cael as they move aside and sits down at one of the tables and chows down on a big plate of food.

((Any one who wants to interact with her feel free.))

Lord Raziere
2013-09-29, 12:36 AM
She sees Kitty pull Cael aside after she fell.

Ok then.

"Yo Rip, Kaden and I have agreed to form a team. Do you and Robin feel like joining ours as well? Assuming your not taken already…"

Hawkflight
2013-09-29, 12:47 AM
Cael is pulled aside.

"....Hey, Cael," Kitty began nervously. "Um ... look. I ... I know you're ... going out with Aurum now, and ... well ... look. I'll be upfront with you, I don't like him. He's been mean to me, and to everyone else, and he ... kinda triggers some bad memories. But ... I ... if he really doesn't mean any harm, and he l-lo--- ... well, I won't interfere. I've ... I've come to think of you as a friend, and I wouldn't want to ... hurt you by doing anything ..."

Arkhosia
2013-09-29, 12:52 AM
"....Hey, Cael," Kitty began nervously. "Um ... look. I ... I know you're ... going out with Aurum now, and ... well ... look. I'll be upfront with you, I don't like him. He's been mean to me, and to everyone else, and he ... kinda triggers some bad memories. But ... I ... if he really doesn't mean any harm, and he l-lo--- ... well, I won't interfere. I've ... I've come to think of you as a friend, and I wouldn't want to ... hurt you by doing anything ..."
Caelynn grins mischievously.
Oh, don't worry, I talked to Alex earlier. Lets just say im going to have a little talk with him soon.

Hawkflight
2013-09-29, 12:54 AM
Caelynn grins mischievously.
Oh, don't worry, I talked to Alex earlier. Lets just say im going to have a little talk with him soon.

"....Huh?" Now Kitty was just confused. "What did she say?"

Arkhosia
2013-09-29, 12:56 AM
"....Huh?" Now Kitty was just confused. "What did she say?"

Why don't you go ask her?
Cael says, gesturing towards Alex

Hawkflight
2013-09-29, 12:58 AM
Why don't you go ask her?
Cael says, gesturing towards Alex

"Um, okay." Kitty walked over to Alex.

"What did you say to her to make her change her mind about Aurum?" she asked.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-29, 01:02 AM
Aurum moves into his room clad in his armor. He begins to take the suit off, having Kalium assist in removing the heavy armor. He sits down on his bed and pulls a laptop over, checking his inbox, looking over blueprints, or reading various company reports. He's also feeling a little bit... Lonely, along with that gnawing guilt that had been burrowing away at his gut since the trials. He doesn't allow himself to think. He couldn't! Insecurities were weakness, and he did his best to hide his many insecurities and flaws under a steel exterior, topped with a tongue that dripped battery acid. He puts down the laptop an hour later, and realizes he's shaking, and feeling terrible. Dead... He knew the feeling well. Aurum sufferred from depression. He moves and grabs several pills and swallows with water. He then sits, rubbing his temples. He needed comfort.

He walks from the room and strides through the halls.

Arkhosia
2013-09-29, 01:05 AM
(Going to sleep now)

GrandDM
2013-09-29, 01:43 AM
Dining Hall

Rokoran sits at the teacher's table, carefully stacking up a ridiculously thick sandwich.

((If you want to talk to him, chaos, go ahead.))

AnimeKid
2013-09-29, 01:54 AM
"Um, okay." Kitty walked over to Alex.

"What did you say to her to make her change her mind about Aurum?" she asked.

Looking up at Kitty from where she was eating. She then starts explains everything that happened afrrr leaving the training ground. When done she is slightly out of breath, from how fast she was speaking.

Lord Raziere
2013-09-29, 02:04 AM
Kedra is of course listening to Alex as well, while munching on a chicken leg she got.

He response was thus:
"Knew it.

….Not that I don't feel sorry for you or anything. I just find your story perfectly keeping within my expectations of him. At least Cael doesn't seem in the clutches of BBR Syndrome anymore..."

Hawkflight
2013-09-29, 02:11 AM
"....He said what?! Kitty said, shocked. Well perhaps she shouldn't have been shocked, but still. She gripped Heaven's Maw tightly, but then let go and grabbed her fork. She raised it up, and stabbed ... her bowl of liver and onions on noodles with garlic and a sweet sauce. Better than stabbing someone. She twirled her fork and took a big bite.

Calemyr
2013-09-29, 08:05 AM
"So I got my ass kicked by a blacksmith?

"I prefer the term forgemaster, if it's all the same to you." Barlowe corrected, mildly.

Kaden stifled a scream of frustration and anguish. "Oh, this is just not fair!"

Barlowe's shoulders sag slightly. "What a hurtful thing to say. Put your hands down, Miss Zei. I am not here to fight you. The good doctor would be positively livid, and I simply cannot have that. My offer still stands, however, I'll supply the Dust you need if you show me why you need it."

"Fine, here. This piece here is called a Stormwall and..."

"Yes, yes. So my hunch about you was correct, Miss Zei. I would recognize one of Hurricane Rayne's designs anywhere."

"You knew my old teacher?" Kaden asked with surprise.

"You could say that. We attended Sanctum together in our youth. ...'knew'... Then she is dead." He said this with the certainty of a statement, but the hook of a question glinted within his tone.

"Yeah. A few years ago."

"Would you tell me how?"

"I suppose. We were visiting this smallish settlement called Silversheen. Something strange was happening there. Grimm were invading the town. That's not what they do, usually. Sure, they like to congregate around towns, but they usually prey on stragglers on the fringe, not the masses in the heart of a town."

"That is strange. Go on."

"Well, we split up to take care of things. I fought the Grimm in town, while she sought out the source of the disturbance. It wasn't an easy fight, there were a lot of them. Then suddenly they stopped coming, but my teacher didn't return. I went searching for her and found her body in the middle of what must have been a very fierce battle. I never figured out what happened beyond that."

"I see." Barlowe said after a while. "And that was about when you started your campaign to join an Academy. If Rayne had already taken you on as an apprentice, what did you need from us so desperately?"

"A Huntsman's license. It was easy when I was with my teacher, you see. If anyone asked, all she needed to say was 'She's with me' and everything was right again. After she died, however, I wasn't seen as an apprentice to a proper Huntress. I was seen as, how did that officer put it again... oh, yes: 'A slip of a girl with a suicidal obsession with fighting Grimm.' Did you know you can be arrested for fighting Grimm without a Huntsman's license?"

"I did."

"Well, it came as a hell of a surprise to me. I didn't want to stop being a Huntress, though. So I had to escape civilized land and try to make a living in the wilderness, where they don't arrest you for not having some stupid license. Given what grades I got when I actually attended school before, I didn't think any Academy would give me a chance. I kept trying, though, because that license would be my ticket back into civilization."

"So you didn't come to learn?"

"Well, no. I spent four years learning under Hurricane Rayne, after all. I then spent three years living on my own hiking through nowhere in particular, killing Grimm and sometimes making some money to put towards Academy application fees in the process. I thought I already knew what I needed to know to be a Huntress."

"And now?"

"I feel like a baby bird getting her first glimpse of the world from above the trees. From my nest I thought I knew what the world was like, but now I see there's so much more than that. I thought I was already a great Huntress, but now I see how much further I can yet go. I want that. I want that so bad."

"I see. Well, then allow me to collect some Dust for you, then. Blue, you said? Some green and purple might be useful as well. Those glyphs look quite simplistic. Let us see what we can achieve."

And with that the labor began anew. They worked well into the early morning, until Kaden fell asleep over her newly remade weapons. Barlowe pulled out a cot for her. Students pulling all-nighters in the forge was hardly a new occurrence. Then he returned to his office, left a message for the good doctor regarding Kaden's situation, slid into his couch, and went to sleep himself. As he drifted off, only one thought clanged in his mind like funeral bell.

Tomorrow is going to be an interesting day. I'm just afraid it's going to be worse than the Trial it is making up for.

Arkhosia
2013-09-29, 10:15 AM
Caelynn sits down next to Alex with a bowl of white rice and Kung Pao chicken.
I plan on eventually letting Thunder have a little talk with him.

ImpSyndrome
2013-09-29, 10:56 AM
[NEAR THE DINING HALL]

She looked at the finished decorations. If anyone else was around, they'd probably wonder how she was able to get so much stuff in, like those poster of a Space Marine killing a Grim with a chainsword with the caption "Kill the Grim! For The Emperor!" or a TTGL poster, or a red blanket for her bed or an orange pillow, in addition to her red teddy space marine. The answer was that Kedra was strong and knew how to store things efficiently. Stupid mother and her carrying chores.

But now since she was finished…
"I'm bored….and its getting late."
Suddenly her stomach rumbled. oh right. dinner.
She gone downstairs to the Dining Hall to find…..Rip and some new girl collapsed on the floor.
"Oh hey, you guys ok? and hey Rip, I was looking for you earlier…"
Rip's shame is redoubled as Kedra approaches and expresses her own concern for their well-being. He turns to face her and begins to reply, "Just a minor accident...I'll be fine, but I'm more worri-"

-----------
Im okay!
His sentence is cut off as Cael barrels down the corridor and tumbles over him while his back is turned. His face reddens and his ears burn at the chaos sown by his carelessness; it is plain to see that he blames himself for this mess. "Good gravy...! I'm sorry, Cael, are you OK?" His worry is only partly assuaged as Kitty helps her friend stand and retreat from the growing pile of hapless initiates.

She sees Kitty pull Cael aside after she fell.

Ok then.

"Yo Rip, Kaden and I have agreed to form a team. Do you and Robin feel like joining ours as well? Assuming your not taken already…"
Once the black-haired girl (the one with whom he initially collided) is back on her feet and her wellness ensured, Rip will turn his attention back to Kedra and address her question about forming teams. "Uh...Well, I'm not sure how teams are going to be formed, and I haven't seen Robin since this morning, but...if we have any say in the matter, and if you've got need for a marksman, I wouldn't have any objections to joining up with you two. Maybe we could discuss this over dinner, though...You know, so we're not blocking the hallway any more than we have already..."

Arkhosia
2013-09-29, 11:18 AM
I'm fine Rip, thanks!
Caelynn says. After Rip is helped up, she tries to lift up Falcon, and point her to Rorokan.

AnimeKid
2013-09-29, 11:44 AM
Caelynn sits down next to Alex with a bowl of white rice and Kung Pao chicken.
I plan on eventually letting Thunder have a little talk with him.

Alexandra comes up from inhalling her Pacific Rim salad to put a comforting hand on Cael's shoulders. "You and me both Cael. However we need to have at lest one of the teachers know about him just in case. Aurum and his company do have a lot of power."

Arkhosia
2013-09-29, 11:46 AM
Hmm... Rorokan or Barlowe, maybe?

AnimeKid
2013-09-29, 12:29 PM
"Those were my thoughts exactly. Dealing with Aurum is going to be difficult. But I swear on my life and honor that I won't let anything happen to you guys. I WILL protect you guys."

Arkhosia
2013-09-29, 12:36 PM
...Time to get the blush-o-meter out.
Thanks Alex. You're the best friend I've ever had.

GrandDM
2013-09-29, 12:37 PM
Hmm... Rorokan or Barlowe, maybe?

((I'm happy with Rokoran [please will someone get it right :smallfrown:] to be the teacher involved in that.))

Arkhosia
2013-09-29, 12:39 PM
((I'm happy with Rokoran [please will someone get it right :smallfrown:] to be the teacher involved in that.))

(At least I didn't use an A instead of an O this time)

GrandDM
2013-09-29, 01:07 PM
((Are you going to have Cael talk to Rokoran? Because if so, now's the time. I won't be online for much longer.))

AnimeKid
2013-09-29, 01:09 PM
((Lets go for it Ark!))

Alexandra looks up at the staff tables as she says, "Actually we can go talk to Professor Rokoran now. Come on Cael." Alexandra then grabs Cael's hand in her own and leads the way up to the staff tables.

"Professor Rokoran, could we speak with you?"

Arkhosia
2013-09-29, 01:21 PM
Alex, could you please do the talking? I feel a bit uncomfortable talking about it.
(Also, I have to go and will be offline for a couple hours.)

GrandDM
2013-09-29, 01:23 PM
"Certainly."

His sandwich (which has achieved a height of about six inches) is carefully replaced on the plate.

Hawkflight
2013-09-29, 01:42 PM
Kitty followed the others, Heaven's Maw still in its sheathe. She kept one eye on the lookout for Aurum and the other on her friends.

AnimeKid
2013-09-29, 01:45 PM
Alex, could you please do the talking? I feel a bit uncomfortable talking about it.
(Also, I have to go and will be offline for a couple hours.)

"Certainly."

His sandwich (which has achieved a height of about six inches) is carefully replaced on the plate.

Alexandra nods to Cael sympathetically with a gentle smile, Sure thing Cael."

She then looks at Rokoran with a very serious look on her face. "Well sir after Cael and I had finished our training session I ran into Aurum. See he and Cael had gotten romantically involved. He wanted to talk to me and said....." Alexandra relayed the entire conversation to Rokoran.
"Aurum is dangerous sir, and we need help keeping an eye on him and to help us if he does try anything. Can you plese help us sir?"

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-29, 01:48 PM
[NEAR THE DINING HALL]

Perhaps Rip is walking more quickly than he realizes. Perhaps he has forgotten his surroundings in his reckless search for sustenance. Perhaps he is still groggy from just waking up. Or perhaps the myriad of appetizing smells in his vicinity has clouded his worldly senses. For any number of these reasons, he makes an embarrassing blunder: he accidentally runs into a tall, dark-haired girl and sends her crashing spectacularly to the floor.

After recovering from the initial surprise of the impact, Rip realizes what has happened and apologizes to the unfortunate victim of his error. "Are you alright," he asks her, guilt evident in his tone. Should she fail to get back on her feet on her own, he will walk around in front of her and offer a hand to help her stand up.

Somebody get the number of that donkey cart Falcon spoke, shaking her head as she slowly returned to reality, recovering from the bump. She pushed herself up slowly, putting a hand on her head. Erm...you are....erm....Sorry, Must've been something....remind me to watch where I'm going next time

GrandDM
2013-09-29, 01:51 PM
He raises an eyebrow.

"I agree. I'll certainly be keeping a closer eye on him. Rest assured I'll arrive pretty promptly should he try anything. Oh, and if he does, the Library is safe. Not even Aurum would mess with the Librarian... at least, unless he's not as intelligent as he makes out."

Hawkflight
2013-09-29, 01:57 PM
He raises an eyebrow.

"I agree. I'll certainly be keeping a closer eye on him. Rest assured I'll arrive pretty promptly should he try anything. Oh, and if he does, the Library is safe. Not even Aurum would mess with the Librarian... at least, unless he's not as intelligent as he makes out."

"Actually ... I wonder about that," said Kitty. "I mean, tipping his hand to Alex was kind of a dumb move."

GrandDM
2013-09-29, 02:00 PM
"Indeed."

His eyes narrow slightly.

Hawkflight
2013-09-29, 02:01 PM
"Indeed."

"My point is, I've dealt with bullies like that. They feel entitled, superior, like nothing can hurt them. So I wouldn't put it past him to try something in the library."

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-29, 02:05 PM
((Imp, just to get this dealt with))

Falcon looked around the canteen, seeing the teachers table occupied by one person...could she be this lucky? She raised an eyebrow, walking over to him, a hand on her side. Pardon me, but are you...Rorokan? The Aura...professor for lack of another word

AnimeKid
2013-09-29, 02:11 PM
"Actually ... I wonder about that," said Kitty. "I mean, tipping his hand to Alex was kind of a dumb move."

"My point is, I've dealt with bullies like that. They feel entitled, superior, like nothing can hurt them. So I wouldn't put it past him to try something in the library."

"Well he only did that because of my feeling for Cael I think. He seemed worried that I would steal her away while he was gone. Heck the only reason he threatened me like he did was because of how defiant I was. I don't think he is used to people telling him no."

ImpSyndrome
2013-09-29, 02:23 PM
Somebody get the number of that donkey cart Falcon spoke, shaking her head as she slowly returned to reality, recovering from the bump. She pushed herself up slowly, putting a hand on her head. Erm...you are....erm....Sorry, Must've been something....remind me to watch where I'm going next time
[NEAR THE DINING HALL]

As the dark-haired girl rises to her feet, Rip replies, "No worries, it was likely my fault anyway..." The words have barely been spoken before the mystery girl rushes off, apparently looking for someone in the dining hall.

((Imp, just to get this dealt with))

Falcon looked around the canteen, seeing the teachers table occupied by one person...could she be this lucky? She raised an eyebrow, walking over to him, a hand on her side. Pardon me, but are you...Rorokan? The Aura...professor for lack of another word

((No worries, we can have the two of them bump into each other afterwards. Poor Rokoran...Will no character ever pronounce your name properly?))

Hattish Thing
2013-09-29, 02:39 PM
Kitty followed the others, Heaven's Maw still in its sheathe. She kept one eye on the lookout for Aurum and the other on her friends.

Aurum is striding through the halls without his usual confidence. In fact, he's looking pale and trembling slightly. He's currently wearing his gauntlet, for he's heading to the forge to work on it. He's muttering lightly to himself, obviously stressed out over something.

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-29, 02:53 PM
"Indeed."

I...had heard you know a thing or two about Auras....and...well, I was hoping you could help me out...as...well She scratched the back of her head at this point, sighing.

Apparently, I don't have my aura active yet

Prince_Selm
2013-09-29, 03:03 PM
Medi heads onto one of the practice fields, unsuccessfully trying to carry two dummies at the same time.
Dumb training, dumb trials, dumb... dummies... wait.

He makes it a few more feat before collapsing, dropping everything into a big heap. A loud groan is heard as he stands up and starts to brush himself off.

O-oh... Hi Silven!

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-29, 03:10 PM
Medi heads onto one of the practice fields, unsuccessfully trying to carry two dummies at the same time.
Dumb training, dumb trials, dumb... dummies... wait.

He makes it a few more feat before collapsing, dropping everything into a big heap. A loud groan is heard as he stands up and starts to brush himself off.

O-oh... Hi Silven!

She took another swing at one of the dummies, her sword cleaving it in two, then quickly following up with a spare swing, cutting the dummy into four pieces, her breathing now harsh after the tough regime.

It took her a while to notice, but her gaze eventually turned to Medi, seeing the youth working with a few dummies. Medi? what can I do you for my friend?

Prince_Selm
2013-09-29, 03:14 PM
He starts fumbling with the dummies, trying to get them set up.

Oh, just- *urk* trying to get these set up.
I don't want to- *erg* look bad for the trials. *phew*

You know?

It seems he finally got them up.

Uh... you looked pretty. Uh, pretty good! I don't know why you're training. I'm sure whoever they match you with gets a free pass!
*awkward nervous laughter*

Leliel
2013-09-29, 04:33 PM
Randii chuckles. So, you're saying you don't have a weapon? That's probably something you should work on.

With a swift motion, Randii draws her blade and dons her shield. My only ranged is the blade itself, so you're good there. And I guess I could leave leave out the paralyzing Dust I usually use. She gives him a grin.

"...Huh. Paralytics are exactly what the Platypus does."

He goes back to normal, fishing a pair of glasses from inside his cape.

"Let me explain-you don't see it, but I actually do have a weapon-of sorts. Mine's a harness I wear under my clothes and fur in other forms, the Platypus. It's not really meant for being held, but I can fire poison darts and taser cables off if I need to, and augment any natural weapons my animal forms have with paralytics and electricity. My dad commissioned it for me because I really don't have hands to wield a true weapon all that often, and it can constrict and stretch with me-anything between a roach and an elephant is valid, which means I get moderate reward for no loss. Win-win.

Let me show you. That squirrel over there? I hate squirrels. Just as destructive as rats, and a lot meaner-a lesson I learned when one tried to bite my rat-form's tail off. So, I trained myself to ward them and their snappy little jaws away..."

*fwop*

"With that."

The unfortunate rodent falls over, stiff as a board.

"Don't worry about him. The poison I use is non-fatal at all-you could bathe in the stuff and come out okay, and what I used on him is going to wear off in a second. It's all good clean fun, and hours of entertainment. Sort of like scaring a fainting goat."

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-29, 05:07 PM
He starts fumbling with the dummies, trying to get them set up.

Oh, just- *urk* trying to get these set up.
I don't want to- *erg* look bad for the trials. *phew*

You know?

It seems he finally got them up.

Uh... you looked pretty. Uh, pretty good! I don't know why you're training. I'm sure whoever they match you with gets a free pass!
*awkward nervous laughter*

Silven sighed, flipping her sword in her hand so that she held the trigger, holding it point down. Always pays to keep at the top of your game She explained, looking at him besides, an unused tool gathers rust.

Hawkflight
2013-09-29, 06:11 PM
"Well he only did that because of my feeling for Cael I think. He seemed worried that I would steal her away while he was gone. Heck the only reason he threatened me like he did was because of how defiant I was. I don't think he is used to people telling him no."

"I see ... well, thank you for listening to us, and believing us, Mr. Rokoran." Kitty then turned to her friends.

"I need to grab something real quick from the forge. Wanna join me? I'll only be a moment," she asked.

Aurum is striding through the halls without his usual confidence. In fact, he's looking pale and trembling slightly. He's currently wearing his gauntlet, for he's heading to the forge to work on it. He's muttering lightly to himself, obviously stressed out over something.

Heading towards the forge, Kitty almost bumped into Aurum. Unsure what to do, she remained silent and nodded to him.

Lord Raziere
2013-09-29, 07:22 PM
Kedra decided to talk to Rip again
"Hey, you said you wanted to talk to me about the fourth team mate. What is it? do you know where to find Robin or something?"

Arkhosia
2013-09-29, 07:54 PM
Cael finishes her food
I'm going to head to the training areas, try out some techniques.
------------------------
Caelynn bounds into the area
Hi Medi! Hello... Whoever you are.

Prince_Selm
2013-09-29, 08:18 PM
Silven sighed, flipping her sword in her hand so that she held the trigger, holding it point down. Always pays to keep at the top of your game She explained, looking at him besides, an unused tool gathers rust.

Uh, y-yeah. I suppose!

So... hypothetically... what would happen if someone does really bad at the trials. I'm just asking for a friend of mine.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-29, 08:30 PM
"I see ... well, thank you for listening to us, and believing us, Mr. Rokoran." Kitty then turned to her friends.

"I need to grab something real quick from the forge. Wanna join me? I'll only be a moment," she asked.

Heading towards the forge, Kitty almost bumped into Aurum. Unsure what to do, she remained silent and nodded to him.

Aurum stares at her in confusion. Erm, hello? What... What do you want... I don't feel good. He looks rather terrible. He's obviously stressed and worried over something. Is... Um... Is Cael okay?

Hawkflight
2013-09-29, 08:35 PM
Aurum stares at her in confusion. Erm, hello? What... What do you want... I don't feel good. He looks rather terrible. He's obviously stressed and worried over something. Is... Um... Is Cael okay?

Kitty frowned. If Aurum hadn't been such an a-hole, she would probably be concerned for him right now. Instead, she didn't know what to make of it, so she stayed neutral.

"Yes, she's fine," she said. "Any reason she wouldn't be?"

Prince_Selm
2013-09-29, 08:36 PM
Caelynn bounds into the area
Hi Medi! Hello... Whoever you are.
(Sorry, missed this)

Oh, hello! This is Silven Eradora. Like, THAT Eradora.

What brings you out here?

Arkhosia
2013-09-29, 08:38 PM
Im gonna try and get better at using these.
Caelynn lifts up her gauntlets.
Nice to meet you Silven!

Hattish Thing
2013-09-29, 08:40 PM
Kitty frowned. If Aurum hadn't been such an a-hole, she would probably be concerned for him right now. Instead, she didn't know what to make of it, so she stayed neutral.

He frowns and seems to be having trouble speaking, but he attempts to be his usual churlish, intimidating self. But... he's failing. Because knowing Alexandra she's been burrowing lies into her head. I just had a conversation with her regarding Cael. It's stressing me out.

Prince_Selm
2013-09-29, 08:49 PM
Im gonna try and get better at using these.
Caelynn lifts up her gauntlets.
Nice to meet you Silven!

Are, uh... those new? They look pretty cool.

Seem kind of familiar though... I can't quite place it.

Hawkflight
2013-09-29, 08:53 PM
He frowns and seems to be having trouble speaking, but he attempts to be his usual churlish, intimidating self. But... he's failing. Because knowing Alexandra she's been burrowing lies into her head. I just had a conversation with her regarding Cael. It's stressing me out.

"Alex is my friend and teammate," Kitty said, doing her best to remain neutral. "I trust her word."

Heaven's Maw was sheathed, a couple visible modifications having been made since last time.

Arkhosia
2013-09-29, 08:57 PM
Are, uh... those new? They look pretty cool.

Seem kind of familiar though... I can't quite place it.

Yep! Shotgun gauntlets that I can use dust to augment. And I have boots that make me rather fast.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-29, 08:57 PM
"Alex is my friend and teammate," Kitty said, doing her best to remain neutral. "I trust her word."

Those words seem to have quite an effect on Aurum, seeing as he noticeably winces and seems to clench his fists even harder, his nails digging into the palm of his hands. Ah. How... Nice. So, what exactly did she tell you? Oh gods. She said something to Cael. Now it can be easy to tell he's afraid.

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-29, 09:02 PM
((oddly, didn't see a response at all))

Keep trying, keep going, and learn to practice with your allies so that you cover each other's back She answer, putting her sword on her back, turning to the newcomer and giving a small bow.

Nice to meet you...MAy I enquire as to your name miss?

Hawkflight
2013-09-29, 09:03 PM
Those words seem to have quite an effect on Aurum, seeing as he noticeably winces and seems to clench his fists even harder, his nails digging into the palm of his hands. Ah. How... Nice. So, what exactly did she tell you? Oh gods. She said something to Cael. Now it can be easy to tell he's afraid.

"....Not my place to say," said Kitty. "I only learned about it secondhand."

It should also be noted that Alex is right there with Kitty.

Prince_Selm
2013-09-29, 09:05 PM
Yep! Shotgun gauntlets that I can use dust to augment. And I have boots that make me rather fast.

Oh! What kind of Dust do you like to use?

I'm a bit of an enthusiest myself.

Arkhosia
2013-09-29, 09:06 PM

Keep trying, keep going, and learn to practice with your allies so that you cover each other's back She answer, putting her sword on her back, turning to the newcomer and giving a small bow.

Caelynn Arkhosia, Faunus, Amateur Cartographer and Huntress-To-Be.
Caelynn says, tipping her fedora to Silven

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-29, 09:12 PM
Caelynn Arkhosia, Faunus, Amateur Cartographer and Huntress-To-Be.
Caelynn says, tipping her fedora to Silven

Well, as the good sir says, Silven Eradora...Sole Beneficiary of the Eradora Dust company She retracted her shield at this point, relaxing slightly after working out. Hope that doesn't make me some kind of hero or noble

Hattish Thing
2013-09-29, 09:15 PM
"....Not my place to say," said Kitty. "I only learned about it secondhand."

It should also be noted that Alex is right there with Kitty.

...That would have been nice to know.

He looks over at Alex, but doesn't say anything yet. He speaks to Alex now. You... What... What have you done. What did you say to her?! He's noticeably shaking in rage and... Fear. That's not normal.

Arkhosia
2013-09-29, 09:18 PM
Well, as the good sir says, Silven Eradora...Sole Beneficiary of the Eradora Dust company She retracted her shield at this point, relaxing slightly after working out. Hope that doesn't make me some kind of hero or noble

I mainly use White, red, and Cyan dust.

Glad to meet you. What weapons do you use?

AnimeKid
2013-09-29, 09:22 PM

Alexandra nods to Kitty and follows....only to run into Aurum again. He seemed to be out of it though so she stayed silent. Until he addressed her. "It's not my place to say. Though I will say that she trusts me."

Prince_Selm
2013-09-29, 09:28 PM

Oh, sorry if I embaressed you. I just think it's cool

Cael:
Ooh, nice! I mainly use Grey.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-09-29, 09:31 PM
"...Huh. Paralytics are exactly what the Platypus does."

He goes back to normal, fishing a pair of glasses from inside his cape.

"Let me explain-you don't see it, but I actually do have a weapon-of sorts. Mine's a harness I wear under my clothes and fur in other forms, the Platypus. It's not really meant for being held, but I can fire poison darts and taser cables off if I need to, and augment any natural weapons my animal forms have with paralytics and electricity. My dad commissioned it for me because I really don't have hands to wield a true weapon all that often, and it can constrict and stretch with me-anything between a roach and an elephant is valid, which means I get moderate reward for no loss. Win-win.

Let me show you. That squirrel over there? I hate squirrels. Just as destructive as rats, and a lot meaner-a lesson I learned when one tried to bite my rat-form's tail off. So, I trained myself to ward them and their snappy little jaws away..."

*fwop*

"With that."

The unfortunate rodent falls over, stiff as a board.

"Don't worry about him. The poison I use is non-fatal at all-you could bathe in the stuff and come out okay, and what I used on him is going to wear off in a second. It's all good clean fun, and hours of entertainment. Sort of like scaring a fainting goat."

Huh. Randii eyes the fallen squirrel for a moment. That's different. Mine's a little bit less...unique.

She gives a flick of the wrist, and the blade detaches from the hilt, held to it by a chain now. She spins it idly at her side. I can get quite a bit of range with this. And the Dust in it works when I stab something. Whatever gets hit, gets paralyzed. Longer the blade's in, the more ya get paralyzed. And the more times I stab you, too. Usually wears off in an hour, though. Nothing fatal. Another flick of the wrist, and the blade returns to its normal position.

And, as you can see, the sheath becomes a shield. She shakes the item in her left hand. But, it can also do this. She gives that a quick shake, and the shield lengthens and splits a little, becoming a huge pincer. Sure, it doesn't defend as well as the shield, but it's still cool.

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-29, 09:32 PM
I mainly use White, red, and Cyan dust.

Glad to meet you. What weapons do you use?

Sword and shield, plain and simple. Revolver for a bit of range whilst on the defence and rifle in the sword....simple, but effective...in comparison to most things anyway She explained, smiling. Couldn't exactly leave it at melee only. even if it is a bit restricted

Arkhosia
2013-09-29, 09:33 PM
May I show you why I use those types of dust?
Caelynn will then, unless otherwise told not to show, punch a manikin and shock-wave it into a wall while leaping in the air and knocking one down with a flaming kick.
She then lands, turns to her audience, and bows.

Prince_Selm
2013-09-29, 09:37 PM
Caelynn will then, unless otherwise told not to show, punch a manikin and shock-wave it into a wall while leaping in the air and knocking one down with a flaming kick.

:O

That was so cool!

... but now I have to set up another one...

Wow... that's... wow. How did you get so good?

Arkhosia
2013-09-29, 09:41 PM
I had training in this type of fighting style when I still wielded my daggers. Also, Alex spent the whole day training me.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-29, 09:42 PM
Alexandra nods to Kitty and follows....only to run into Aurum again. He seemed to be out of it though so she stayed silent. Until he addressed her. "It's not my place to say. Though I will say that she trusts me."

He stands there blankly, not quite all there. In fact, he appears to be fighting back hot tears. He attempts to speak, but cannot. Finally, he utters a few choked words. I cared. I had someone to care for. For ONCE. He grits his teeth and his nails dig into his skin, drawing blood. You ruined it. MY chance to be a better person. My chance to be greater. And you ruined it. What did you tell her. You just had to have her for yourself, didn't you.

Fine. You... what have....

I HATE YOU.

With those final words spat out, he'll brush past them, tears rushing down his cheeks, despite his attempts to stay controlled.

Leliel
2013-09-29, 09:44 PM
Huh. Randii eyes the fallen squirrel for a moment. That's different. Mine's a little bit less...unique.

She gives a flick of the wrist, and the blade detaches from the hilt, held to it by a chain now. She spins it idly at her side. I can get quite a bit of range with this. And the Dust in it works when I stab something. Whatever gets hit, gets paralyzed. Longer the blade's in, the more ya get paralyzed. And the more times I stab you, too. Usually wears off in an hour, though. Nothing fatal. Another flick of the wrist, and the blade returns to its normal position.

And, as you can see, the sheath becomes a shield. She shakes the item in her left hand. But, it can also do this. She gives that a quick shake, and the shield lengthens and splits a little, becoming a huge pincer. Sure, it doesn't defend as well as the shield, but it's still cool.

"And that's your advantage in skills. You do a few thing extremely well, while I do many things but mastering none of them. And as mentioned, I can't defend very well."

Explanations over, Amandus puts up his classes, then strikes the dramatic pose.

"So, shall we spar then? To know each other better through how we fight?"

KerfuffleMach2
2013-09-29, 09:46 PM
"And that's your advantage in skills. You do a few thing extremely well, while I do many things but mastering none of them. And as mentioned, I can't defend very well."

Explanations over, Amandus puts up his classes, then strikes the dramatic pose.

"So, shall we spar then? To know each other better through how we fight?"

Randii grins, then cracks her neck.

Ready whenever you are.

Hawkflight
2013-09-29, 09:48 PM
He stands there blankly, not quite all there. In fact, he appears to be fighting back hot tears. He attempts to speak, but cannot. Finally, he utters a few choked words. I cared. I had someone to care for. For ONCE. He grits his teeth and his nails dig into his skin, drawing blood. You ruined it. MY chance to be a better person. My chance to be greater. And you ruined it. What did you tell her. You just had to have her for yourself, didn't you.

"You're the one who threatened to hurt her," Kitty snapped. "You wouldn't have done that if you cared for her!"

I HATE YOU.

With those final words spat out, he'll brush past them, tears rushing down his cheeks, despite his attempts to stay controlled.

Kitty jumped back in surprise as Aurum rushed past, actually crying. She just stood there, shell-shocked, staring at the place he'd been.

AnimeKid
2013-09-29, 09:50 PM

I HATE YOU.

As he brushes pas her she says, "To become a better person you have to actually want and try to BE better. Not fake it. I just told her the truth. Plain and simple."

After he leaves she lets out a breath she didn't know she was holding in relief.

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-29, 09:54 PM

Not bad...just don't waste it on shows like that She remarked, cracking her neck. Never know when you might run out

Prince_Selm
2013-09-29, 09:55 PM
I had training in this type of fighting style when I still wielded my daggers. Also, Alex spent the whole day training me.

Well, she DOES seem kind of scary...

Do you think you could help me get another one out here? They're heavier than they look... ^^;

Hawkflight
2013-09-29, 09:57 PM
As he brushes pas her she says, "To become a better person you have to actually want and try to BE better. Not fake it. I just told her the truth. Plain and simple."

After he leaves she lets out a breath she didn't know she was holding in relief.

Kitty was still staring at the spot Aurum vacated, a contemplative look on her face.

Arkhosia
2013-09-29, 09:57 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking of getting a bandolier or something.
Cael heads out with a manikin to put it away, and chances are Aurum will crash right into her as she goes.

AnimeKid
2013-09-29, 10:00 PM
Kitty was still staring at the spot Aurum vacated, a contemplative look on her face.

Alexandra looks at her as she says, "I was really hoping that I had time before facing him again. The thought lf his threats still send chills down my spine......I hate it. Being afraid of someone like."

Prince_Selm
2013-09-29, 10:02 PM
Well... there she goes... *sigh*

Silven, any chance you could help me out? I don't think I'm combat-ready.

Hawkflight
2013-09-29, 10:04 PM
Alexandra looks at her as she says, "I was really hoping that I had time before facing him again. The thought lf his threats still send chills down my spine......I hate it. Being afraid of someone like."

Kitty just nodded, her face hardening slightly.

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-29, 10:12 PM
Silven smiled, getting her gear ready once more. Sure thing, Medi, quick one on one never hurt She spoke, walking away from Medi to give him some space. On your go, we fight, right?

She got to a spot on the other side, dusting her feet along the floor, tapping the end of her sword against the back of her boots as she got into her fighting stance. on your go.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-29, 10:15 PM
Aurum is now striding down the halls, his eyes blinded by hot tears as he wanders, looking for his door. He needed a place to hide, but he couldn't find his door. His hands are bleeding slightly, and he's obviously in emotional pain. He's walking/running/falling. Then, Cael. I didn't mean it. I thought I'd lose you. Oh gods whats wrong with me...

Prince_Selm
2013-09-29, 10:16 PM
Whoa, wait... I didn't mean FIGHTING. I meant, like... stretches. Maybe some pointers.

I... REALLY don't like my odds here.

Arkhosia
2013-09-29, 10:20 PM
Aurum is now striding down the halls, his eyes blinded by hot tears as he wanders, looking for his door. He needed a place to hide, but he couldn't find his door. His hands are bleeding slightly, and he's obviously in emotional pain. He's walking/running/falling. Then, Cael. I didn't mean it. I thought I'd lose you. Oh gods whats wrong with me...
Cael notices Aurum, obviously in emotional distress. She is still extremely angry with him, but she forgets that as sympathy overcomes her.
What happened?

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-29, 10:22 PM
Whoa, wait... I didn't mean FIGHTING. I meant, like... stretches. Maybe some pointers.

I... REALLY don't like my odds here.

Best way to learn or excercise is to do She spoke, swinging her sword down, giving a small smile. Relax, I'll go easy on you. Heck, I won't fire the Revolver

Lord Raziere
2013-09-29, 10:22 PM
Kedra raised an eyebrow at what happened with Aurum, Alex and Kitty
"Hm. Oh well. No more pleasantries. Good. I hated acting like everything was ok around him. Felt fake, mask-like. I hate masks. At least this is true now…"

Prince_Selm
2013-09-29, 10:25 PM
Best way to learn or excercise is to do She spoke, swinging her sword down, giving a small smile. Relax, I'll go easy on you. Heck, I won't fire the Revolver

O-Okay...

Medi looks at his gloved hands and clenches them a bit, taking a deep breath. Then he grabs the strap holding his back and yanks it, bringing the backpack forward towards his hip. As it does so, it folds out and expands to create a giant cylindrical cannon about the size of Medi himself. He grabs onto a couple handles. He is obviously struggling under it's weight.

Alright. *oof* it's *err* on.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-29, 10:31 PM
Cael notices Aurum, obviously in emotional distress. She is still extremely angry with him, but she forgets that as sympathy overcomes her.
What happened?

He has issues speaking, seeing as he's emotionally collapsing. Alex happened. I... I w-was worried I'd l-lose you... She wants you... And I actually c-care. I don't know how to be a decent person. He doesn't look her in her eyes, and his glasses are crooked.

Arkhosia
2013-09-29, 10:34 PM
He has issues speaking, seeing as he's emotionally collapsing. Alex happened. I... I w-was worried I'd l-lose you... She wants you... And I actually c-care. I don't know how to be a decent person. He doesn't look her in her eyes, and his glasses are crooked.
Caelynn puts her arm around him in an attempt to comfort him
You actually cared?

ImpSyndrome
2013-09-29, 10:38 PM
Kedra decided to talk to Rip again
"Hey, you said you wanted to talk to me about the fourth team mate. What is it? do you know where to find Robin or something?"
[DINING HALL]

((Buhhhhh...This reply is sooo late...I suck.))

"Well, that's the thing," Rip says, sitting at one of the tables and inviting Kedra to do the same. "The last time I saw Robin, he was asleep in our dorm at the crack of dawn this morning...I haven't seen or heard from him since. I asked around, but I didn't get very far; the last anyone saw of him, he was scribbling some kind of note on a wall near the library, and then he limped off somewhere. I can't imagine what's happened to him, but...I think we need to consider the possibility that Robin has left the school. We would be wise to find another teammate now as backup, just in case he doesn't show at the initiation tomorrow."

Hattish Thing
2013-09-29, 10:48 PM
Caelynn puts her arm around him in an attempt to comfort him
You actually cared?

He doesn't want to be touched, and so moves away. Yes, I actually cared. IT d-doesn't matter anymore. You can go d-do whatever the h-hell you w-want with Alex. I h-hate her... She h-hates m-me... I don't understand w-what you want. You hate me now.

M-MAybe that's h-how this should b-be.

Arkhosia
2013-09-29, 10:50 PM
He doesn't want to be touched, and so moves away. Yes, I actually cared. IT d-doesn't matter anymore. You can go d-do whatever the h-hell you w-want with Alex. I h-hate her... She h-hates m-me... I don't understand w-what you want. You hate me now.

M-MAybe that's h-how this should b-be.

I do not hate you Aurum. You've been kind to me, an although I am angry about what you said to Alex, I still like you.

Lord Raziere
2013-09-29, 10:51 PM
"….Hm, kay, I'll go find someone, but I don't know who we will be able to get at this late stage. If I don't find someone tonight, we will be getting a random tomorrow"
She goes off to look around for students other than Team Rack/Lark or ones she already recruited. Didn't there used to be more students around? She guessed Cael's injury must've scared them off, didn't want to share the school with the person who did it. Or maybe they were off doing other things…she thought as she walked through crowds of shadows, not noticing them in the least.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-29, 10:55 PM
I do not hate you Aurum. You've been kind to me, an although I am angry about what you said to Alex, I still like you.

He frowns and sighs. Y-Your friends hate me. Alex... I... She's a horrid person. I will n-never talk to her.

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-29, 10:57 PM
O-Okay...

Medi looks at his gloved hands and clenches them a bit, taking a deep breath. Then he grabs the strap holding his back and yanks it, bringing the backpack forward towards his hip. As it does so, it folds out and expands to create a giant cylindrical cannon about the size of Medi himself. He grabs onto a couple handles. He is obviously struggling under it's weight.

Alright. *oof* it's *err* on.

Silven raised an eyebrow, going out of her stance. This kid was going to be a hunter. Joy. first things first....just...stop... She lowered her sword, looking him over. Get used to the weight of that weapon. do some lifts with it, amongst other things. you need to be used to the weight of your equipment before you can use it effectively

Arkhosia
2013-09-29, 10:59 PM
He frowns and sighs. Y-Your friends hate me. Alex... I... She's a horrid person. I will n-never talk to her.

The reason they hate you so much is because of how you've treated them in the past. Your acidic tongue doesn't let them see your good side. Maybe, if you started being consistently kind, no matter how they reply, that might change.

Prince_Selm
2013-09-29, 11:03 PM
Silven raised an eyebrow, going out of her stance. This kid was going to be a hunter. Joy. first things first....just...stop... She lowered her sword, looking him over. Get used to the weight of that weapon. do some lifts with it, amongst other things. you need to be used to the weight of your equipment before you can use it effectively

That's what I was trying to say...

Showstopper folds back up.

*pant* I've been using this thing for years... *pant pant* It never gets any lighter.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-29, 11:06 PM
The reason they hate you so much is because of how you've treated them in the past. Your acidic tongue doesn't let them see your good side. Maybe, if you started being consistently kind, no matter how they reply, that might change.

He growls and begins to frown. I don't know. It's j-just who I am. I'm never talking to her ever again. Now she's p-publicly embarrassed me. I have a r-reputation to withhold... I'm sorry, Cael.

Arkhosia
2013-09-29, 11:08 PM
He growls and begins to frown. I don't know. It's j-just who I am. I'm never talking to her ever again. Now she's p-publicly embarrassed me. I have a r-reputation to withhold... I'm sorry, Cael.

I understand. Just remember... I'll always be there for you.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-29, 11:13 PM
I understand. Just remember... I'll always be there for you.

He growls and looks at her, afraid but enraged. Not if you let Alex control you the way she just d-did.

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-29, 11:18 PM
That's what I was trying to say...

Showstopper folds back up.

*pant* I've been using this thing for years... *pant pant* It never gets any lighter.

Well...how exactly do you fight with that thing? In close quarters, you stand NO chance She told him, putting her sword on her back. You need to build up some muscles. either that or keep away from the enemy and blast away at them, let your allies fight them up close

Arkhosia
2013-09-29, 11:18 PM
He growls and looks at her, afraid but enraged. Not if you let Alex control you the way she just d-did.
Caelynn looks at him, confused.
control me?

Hattish Thing
2013-09-29, 11:23 PM
Caelynn looks at him, confused.
control me?

He frowns. She turned you against m-me in about five minutes. She wants you f-for herself.

Arkhosia
2013-09-29, 11:27 PM
He frowns. She turned you against m-me in about five minutes. She wants you f-for herself.

She did not turn me against you.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-29, 11:31 PM
She did not turn me against you.

He sighs. He's calmed down a fair amount. Look at you. You hate me. No doubt you'll start seeing her over me. I've seen the way she looks at you...

Arkhosia
2013-09-29, 11:33 PM
He sighs. He's calmed down a fair amount. Look at you. You hate me. No doubt you'll start seeing her over me. I've seen the way she looks at you...

I do NOT hate you Aurum.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-29, 11:36 PM
I do NOT hate you Aurum.

Whatever... It certainly seems like it lately. I cant be around her. Which just gives her more time to take you for herself...

Hawkflight
2013-09-29, 11:45 PM
Kitty finally snapped out of her reverie.

"I'm ... going back to the dorm," she said, turning to walk away. "I need to think."

Arkhosia
2013-09-29, 11:48 PM
Whatever... It certainly seems like it lately. I cant be around her. Which just gives her more time to take you for herself...

If think I hate you, then I'm leaving. I've tried to tell you I don't, but you completely don't trust me when I say so, and you refuse to acknowledge the fact I do not hate you Aurum.

AnimeKid
2013-09-29, 11:49 PM
Kitty finally snapped out of her reverie.

"I'm ... going back to the dorm," she said, turning to walk away. "I need to think."

Alexandra nods as she says, "Sure, I'll head there too. My head hurts. that and Aurum just....I'm going to the dorm too."

Hattish Thing
2013-09-29, 11:50 PM
If think I hate you, then I'm leaving. I've tried to tell you I don't, but you completely don't trust me when I say so, and you refuse to acknowledge the fact I do not hate you Aurum.

His eyes widen. NO! Please, don't go... I'm just... scared. And that's new... and I don't like it. I... I trust you. But I'm afraid you'll end up leaving me anyway.

Hawkflight
2013-09-29, 11:52 PM
Alexandra nods as she says, "Sure, I'll head there too. My head hurts. that and Aurum just....I'm going to the dorm too."

Kitty returned to the dorm and flopped onto one of the bottom bunks. It wasn't hers, but it was just her and Alex for now, so she figured nobody would mind.

"That ... I ... I'm not sure what to think," she finally said.

Arkhosia
2013-09-29, 11:54 PM
His eyes widen. NO! Please, don't go... I'm just... scared. And that's new... and I don't like it. I... I trust you. But I'm afraid you'll end up leaving me anyway.

If you don't change, if you don't begin to trust me completely and be kind to my friends, I will leave you.

Caelynn then heads to the dorm.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-29, 11:57 PM
If you don't change, if you don't begin to trust me completely and be kind to my friends, I will leave you.

Caelynn then heads to the dorm.

He'll reach to grab her arm with the cold unfeeling gauntlet. Wait, first... How can I trust you to be faithful? I can try to be kind. I can try that. But... I need to be able to know you're not cheating... To someone I hate.

Arkhosia
2013-09-29, 11:59 PM
He'll reach to grab her arm with the cold unfeeling gauntlet. Wait, first... How can I trust you to be faithful? I can try to be kind. I can try that. But... I need to be able to know you're not cheating... To someone I hate.

I swear to you, on everything any culture grade vet held in high esteem or holy, that I will not cheat on you.
Caelynn then leaves.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-30, 12:05 AM
I swear to you, on everything any culture grade vet held in high esteem or holy, that I will not cheat on you.
Caelynn then leaves.

He'll let her go, and moves to his dorm to sit on his bed. He takes his glasses off and rubs his eyes before checking his watch. He washes his eyes in the sink, and glares at himself in the mirror for a while. Oh no. I have a meeting... Gahh... ****. ****. What the hell was that?!

Prince_Selm
Well...how exactly do you fight with that thing? In close quarters, you stand NO chance She told him, putting her sword on her back. You need to build up some muscles. either that or keep away from the enemy and blast away at them, let your allies fight them up close

(Sorry, internet)

Well, I mean, the thing does pack one hell of a punch! Not that I'm very good at using it... But once, during a scrim, Jenson was standing right next to me, and the momentum sort of carried me away... He was out cold for 3 hours. The nurse said that if it happened to a Grim it wouldn't be pretty...

...but yeah, I try to stay away from fights... and danger... and everything else.

Here, let me try something.

Medi takes a deep breath and takes a puff from his inhaler. With a single motion, a sigil appears on his bag and it moves and transforms on its own, being held. Medi still doesn't look the most comfortable, but he can hold the thing without buckling.

This stuff helps me focus. What do I do now?

AnimeKid
Kitty returned to the dorm and flopped onto one of the bottom bunks. It wasn't hers, but it was just her and Alex for now, so she figured nobody would mind.

"That ... I ... I'm not sure what to think," she finally said.

Alex sat down on her bed as she says, "I.....guess I can understand that. However my feelings haven't changed. Not after what he said. I, can't just forget and forgive. Not after that......"

Alex pulls her knees up to her chest and wraps her arms around them. She seems to shrink into herself.

Arkhosia
2013-09-30, 12:06 AM
Caelynn enters the dorm