PDA

View Full Version : User Control Panel down

SiuiS
2013-09-28, 03:12 AM
Hello!

I'm trying to get to my UCP, because I keep my subscriptions there. It's not working; I am getting a 503 error.
This originally didn't worry me, because at around midnight my time, the forum always basically shuts down for five minutes and it was 00:02 when I clicked the UCP link. I went to do something else and came back.

The entire rest of the forum works, even my inbox, but clicking the UCP link just doesn't work, it gives me a 503 error seemingly without even bothering with loading time. I've cleared cache, cookies, etc., and that didn't stop it. I'm hoping it is a thing I can wait out, but if anyone else has the same problem, I thought I would post to check. Still, I get this;

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Using iPhone, latest OS (7.1, I believe?) and the iLunascape browser. Will check safari shortly.
Hmm. Seems to be working in safari, which makes me think it's a browser issue? Bother. I have absolutely no workflow with safari.

Gadora
2013-09-28, 03:44 AM
It's not a fix, but you can still access your subscribed threads by heading to Quick Links, on the same bar as the User CP, and heading down to Subscribed Threads. You're probably aware, but it can't hurt to be sure, right?

I hope you get it resolved soon. :<

Rawhide
2013-09-28, 08:09 AM
Latest iOS is 7.0.2.

I'm unable to replicate this, but I don't have iLunascape. Seems like this is a browser issue. Have you tried emptying the cache?

SiuiS
2013-09-28, 09:41 AM
Latest iOS is 7.0.2.

I'm unable to replicate this, but I don't have iLunascape. Seems like this is a browser issue. Have you tried emptying the cache?

Yes. It is actually seemingly device specific; other phones and devices with the same browser can access the page. This one device still cannot, and I have cleared and checked everything I know to safely do (uninstalling the browser may help but then I'll lose works in progress). I'm trying now to see what on the device itself I can reset.

Hmm. Eventually, a restart cleared it up. I also learned that now I can restart my phone but didn't pay enough attention to know how to turn it off, which I should rectify.

Academically, is there anything about a smartphone style device which would retain data despite attempts to clear it? As this is no longer a forum issue though, I suppose we should consider this a solved hiccup; only the connection to (what I presume to be) forum down time makes this a forum issue at all. Sorry, and thanks.

SiuiS
2013-10-06, 08:22 AM
Additional information: this seems to shut down anything on the forum, not just the UCP. I hit 'reply' to a thread at exactly 00:00, about six hours and twenty minutes ago, and I am still unable to post anything for that thread, specifically – it gives me a 503 error.

Current OS is the newest (updated after the correction), 7.0.2 I believe. iPhone 5s, and it's specifically that any page timed out by loading during the forum maintenance, stays that way.

Douglas
2013-10-06, 11:56 AM
Additional information: this seems to shut down anything on the forum, not just the UCP. I hit 'reply' to a thread at exactly 00:00, about six hours and twenty minutes ago, and I am still unable to post anything for that thread, specifically – it gives me a 503 error.

Current OS is the newest (updated after the correction), 7.0.2 I believe. iPhone 5s, and it's specifically that any page timed out by loading during the forum maintenance, stays that way.
This sounds very much like a problem with your browser caching the error page when it shouldn't. I don't think there's anything the forum folks can do about it, you'll just have to look into ways to force bypassing the cache or switch to a different browser.