PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Half-Orc Traceur

IronFist
2013-09-28, 05:57 AM
Hey guys. I'm going to join a game with some folks from work and I wanted to try something different. I have yet to play a Pathfinder Psychic Warrior (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/psychic-warrior), so I wanted to give it a try. I also noticed the pretty cool favored class bonus a half-orc gets (+1 power point, yay!). I'm considering if traceur (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/classes/psychic-warrior/archetypes/dreamscarred-press/traceur) is worth it. Between Charge Through, Psionic Charge (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/feats/psionic-charge-psionic) and Mobile Power, I can do some crazy mobility stunts - but losing armor kind of sucks.
Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Game should last from level 6 to level 9.

Psyren
2013-09-28, 01:59 PM
Note that ALL the psionic races get the "+1 PP" favored class option, just in case you thought that was unique to Half-Orcs and chose one for that reason :smalltongue:

Anyway, Traceur isn't great but you can make it work. The main benefits are Charge Through and Mobile Power, though Rapid Acrobatics is nice too. You'll want a second focus so that you can keep Rapid Acrobatics and your Trance up while still using (meta)psionic feats.

Since you have no armor, go with Ascetic Path to help your AC, and go for a higher-Dex build. Don't forget that you can still wear leather even though you're no proficient, or use Inertial Armor once your ML is high enough to make it last. You have plenty of feats so consider going for Dervish Dance. Also, since Traceur adds no benefits after 8th level, consider going into War Mind.

IronFist
2013-09-29, 09:19 AM
Note that ALL the psionic races get the "+1 PP" favored class option, just in case you thought that was unique to Half-Orcs and chose one for that reason :smalltongue:
No, I just thought it was cool that half-orcs gained despite not being psionic.

Anyway, Traceur isn't great but you can make it work. The main benefits are Charge Through and Mobile Power, though Rapid Acrobatics is nice too. You'll want a second focus so that you can keep Rapid Acrobatics and your Trance up while still using (meta)psionic feats.
How do I get a second focus?

Since you have no armor, go with Ascetic Path to help your AC, and go for a higher-Dex build. Don't forget that you can still wear leather even though you're no proficient, or use Inertial Armor once your ML is high enough to make it last. You have plenty of feats so consider going for Dervish Dance. Also, since Traceur adds no benefits after 8th level, consider going into War Mind.
Oh, I only lose proficiency. That's good, hadn't caught that. Guess I'll go with leather armor. I'm considering going for Elocator...

Psyren
2013-09-29, 02:16 PM
How do I get a second focus?

The usual way - Psicrystal Containment.

In Ultimate Psionics there'll be a feat that lets you store a second focus in your mind without needing a psicrystal as well (but unfortunately they're mutually exclusive.)