PDA

View Full Version : A Racial Dilemma

cbaidchris
2013-09-28, 08:41 AM
I'm on the verge of creating my gish (Wizard 5/Eldritch Knight 3/Abjurant Champion 5/Eldritch Knight 7) with the following as my list of feats:
militia
power attack
arcane strike
extend spell
persist spell
quicken spell
and then two other feat slots I haven't decided yet, maybe toughness and something else
I'll be mixing melee and casting and plan on using polymorph on myself for when things get really bad

my question is are there other essential feats I'm missing so I should roll with the standard human for the extra feat or should I shoot for a lesser tiefling for the dex and int/a lesser fire genasi for the int or would I be best totally ignoring the polymorph idea and just finding a physical stat race

avr
2013-09-28, 08:54 AM
Eldritch Knight needs prof in all martial weapons, which you won't have without a level in a martial class, or in certain other PrCs, or else (arguably) the full version of planetouched with LA +1.

There aren't other essential feats, so if that's all the feats you want lesser tiefling should do.

cbaidchris
2013-09-28, 10:28 AM
Eldritch Knight needs prof in all martial weapons, which you won't have without a level in a martial class, or in certain other PrCs, or else (arguably) the full version of planetouched with LA +1.

There aren't other essential feats, so if that's all the feats you want lesser tiefling should do.

militia is a regional feat that satisfies the martial weapon deal

Thrice Dead Cat
2013-09-28, 10:36 AM
It's hard to go wrong with human, in all honesty, as it gets you extend spell at level 1. I'm a fan of air genasi more so than fire, what with not having to breath and all.

Mithril Leaf
2013-09-28, 10:41 AM
Might I recommend Lesser Primordeal Half-Giant? One of the giant racial traits is proficiency in all martial weapons, and by taking it you end up with +4 int and penalties to only stats you can polymorph away.

Thrice Dead Cat
2013-09-28, 02:38 PM
Instead of Half-giant, you could use Cyclopean instead, since it comes with +0 LA already. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301651)

Alabenson
2013-09-28, 03:21 PM
Given that, by RAW, the Militia feat restricts your choices to either Half-elf, Halfling, or Human, I'd probably go with human.

cbaidchris
2013-09-28, 03:26 PM
Instead of Half-giant, you could use Cyclopean instead, since it comes with +0 LA already. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301651)

love the idea, unfortunately I don't think dragon mags are on the table

cbaidchris
2013-09-28, 03:33 PM
Given that, by RAW, the Militia feat restricts your choices to either Half-elf, Halfling, or Human, I'd probably go with human.

regardless I could play an elf of some sort or a deep imaskari and take the otherworldly feat to gain the martial proficiency. the point is in such a build are feats more critical or the stat bonus

Thrice Dead Cat
2013-09-28, 04:27 PM
Typically, the feats are better. If flaws are on the table, consider grabbing two of those for even more feats.