PDA

View Full Version : Warmage variant?

Cowboy_ninja
2006-12-28, 11:06 PM
the warmage edge..... what if it was based on str not int. would it still be balanced?

also how bout this feat:

-Angry Casting
Prerequisite: rage, able to cast 2nd level spells, BAB +4, Combat Casting
Benefit: while in a rage you can cast any spell you know but its casting time must be less than a full round action.

-Raging Warmage
Prerequisites: Rage, able to cast 2nd level spells
Benefite: levels in warmage count as levels of barbarian when counting number of rage/day and other benfits of rage. Barbarian counts as half a level of warmage when determining spells/day and gaining new spells. you may now mutliclass between barbarian and warmage freely.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2006-12-28, 11:24 PM
the warmage edge..... what if it was based on str not int. would it still be balanced?

also how bout this feat:

-Angry Casting
Prerequisite: rage, able to cast 2nd level spells, BAB +4, Combat Casting
Benefit: while in a rage you can cast any spell you know but its casting time must be less than a full round action.

-Raging Warmage
Prerequisites: Rage, able to cast 2nd level spells
Benefite: levels in warmage count as levels of barbarian when counting number of rage/day and other benfits of rage. Barbarian counts as half a level of warmage when determining spells/day and gaining new spells. you may now mutliclass between barbarian and warmage freely.

Raging warmage seems a little powerful. You could very well take 4 levels in warmage, and the rest in barbarian and be an effective 12th level warmage at 20th level when it comes to spells per day/spells known with most all of the benefits of the 16 barbatian levels. And the other way around with 19 levels in warmage, 1 in barbarian and all the benefits of rage. Especially when you can take that other feat along with it.

Fizban
2006-12-29, 02:10 AM
My version of Rage Mage as a feat (top of my head):

Rage Mage [General]
Prerequisites: Rage, able to cast 1st level spells.
Benefit: You may cast attack spells (as defined by Invisibility) while in a rage, and you get +1/2 you barbarian levels to caster level while in a rage. You may also sacrifice a spell slot or prepared spell to rage for 1 round/level of the spell sacrificed.

I tried to model it off of the multiclass feats from Complete Adventurer, by removing the main barrier between the classes working together, and allowing some of the class levels to benefit the other. Since the multiclassing feats for spellcasters had a spell sacrifice ability, I put one in. I chose sacrifice spells to rage since the lrest of the feat is geared towards allowing and promoting spellcasting, and loss of barbarian levels means you can't rage very often.