PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Bonus Feats in Players Handbook?

glanzend
2013-09-28, 10:58 AM
Most class tables in my OEF Players handbook have hidden "Bonus Feat" entries. To see it, just highlight the table with by click-dragging your mouse.

Examples:

Ranger Table 3-13 PHB.46, Levels 5th, 10th, 15th, 20th
PaladinTable 3-13 PHB.43, Levels 5th, 10th, 16th

I've checked the Player's Handbook errata, the d20srd and the *shudder* dndwiki, as well as a shallow Google search, but nothing seems to mention this anywhere.

What are your thoughts?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-09-28, 11:02 AM
It's obviously a typo, just ignore it.

Tim Proctor
2013-09-28, 11:03 AM
Most class tables in my OEF Players handbook have hidden "Bonus Feat" entries. To see it, just highlight the table with by click-dragging your mouse.

Examples:

Ranger Table 3-13 PHB.46, Levels 5th, 10th, 15th, 20th
PaladinTable 3-13 PHB.43, Levels 5th, 10th, 16th

I've checked the Player's Handbook errata, the d20srd and the *shudder* dndwiki, as well as a shallow Google search, but nothing seems to mention this anywhere.

What are your thoughts?
If you got it from torrent, I'd guess that someone is messing with you.

glanzend
2013-09-28, 11:07 AM
The text "Bonus Feat" is the same color as the background (which is why I'm saying it is hidden), but there is also a comma where you'd expect there to be one but is is not hidden.

RogueDM
2013-09-28, 04:52 PM
I have two different pdfs of the PHB. One is an unsecured file, which contains the commas and "hidden" bonus feats. The other is a secured file which contains neither.

I would disregard them.

Will say, good catch though.

Palanan
2013-09-28, 04:53 PM
If it doesn't look like it was printed on the original hardcopy page, then it's probably not something Wizards intended to be in the PHB. PDFs and other e-docs can have all manner of dropped and altered characters, and what you're seeing is probably an artifact from some other section of the PHB.

Or, as Tim Proctor suggested, someone may have salted the PDF with misleading data. Either way, better to rely on a hardcopy PHB.

Curmudgeon
2013-09-28, 05:08 PM
If you've already got the printed book, an electronically searchable version is a useful tool. But if the electronic version doesn't match the authentic text, it's worse than useless.

glanzend
2013-09-28, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the replies and verification. I'll take your advice... all of you. :smallbiggrin: