PDA

View Full Version : Finishing This Build

GreenETC
2013-09-28, 03:35 PM
Currently I'm playing a character who is a Wolf Barb 5/Crusader 2/Champ of Gwynharwyf 7 in the optimal order for picking up Thicket of Blades. However, I have run into the problem of not knowing how to finish. I'd like to be able to get full BaB as well as pick up 3 levels of divine casting advancement over the course of my 6 remaining levels, but I'm not sure if it's going to be worth it or if it's better to just get a few dip levels in something like Warblade or Fighter.

Does anyone know of a PrC with full BaB and half-casting for Divine that isn't a total bitch to get into feat/skills-wise?

Helcack
2013-09-28, 03:55 PM
Ruby Knight Vindicator(If Neutral or Evil, start worshipping Wee Jas)* or Knight of The Raven(If Good)' after taking a cloistered cleric dip should get you what you want as I assume you have at least part of the prereqs for both and with a cloistered cleric dip you may lose 1 BAB but you will gain the spellcasting you seek.

*:Tome of Battle
':Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

Lostbutseeking
2013-09-28, 04:18 PM
Prestige Paladin (of Freedom!) though that doesnt really offer you anything except Turn Undead as Champion of Gwynharwyf is pretty much a paladin barbarian.

You can use TU to get access to Bone knight though I can't see the fluff meshing well. Four levels in Bone Knight gets you immunity to stunning and critical hits.

You can also use TU from Prestige Paladin to get into Warpriest (Requires combat casting, doesnt give much back) or Ruby Knight Vindicator. Getting the most out of RKV requires dropping two levels of Champion of Gwynharwyf (losing immunity to charm and compulsion, greater rage and rage 4/day) to get Divine Impetus, combine with the Battle Blessing feat to cast your spells as swift actions.

Knight of the Raven is pretty decent, 6 levels in it gets you TU, full BAB, 5 CL, the Sun domain, a bonus to light spells, Enduring life and a few of the ravens tricks.

Finally there is Ordained Champion if you can get the DM to drop the alignment requirements (and hopefully, deity ones), which with your already full BAB, presumably high strength, few spell slots and lack of touch spells gives you basically nothing at all.

Fax Celestis
2013-09-28, 05:13 PM
If you can dip for a domain or get some plant spells on your spell list, you can go into Holt Warden, which isn't terrible.

Also see if your DM will allow an adaptation of Runescarred Berserker that adds its spell list to your existing casting instead of giving you independent casting.

Keld Denar
2013-09-29, 01:31 AM
Hell Reaver from FCII wouldn't be bad. Very melee oriented with some combat healing potential.