PDA

View Full Version : [3.P] Any ways for a Divine caster to add wizard spells to his list?

(Un)Inspired
2013-09-28, 08:14 PM
I've got an Ur-priest npc that I'd love to be able to legally cast Mage's Magnificent Enclosure (among other wizard spells) but all his class levels are locked up with crusader and Ur-Priest.

He's got plenty of free feat slots and money. Basically, any resource other than class levels can be used to achieve this aim.

Is it possible?

Stux
2013-09-28, 11:18 PM
If you have a very liberal DM, then the Extra Spell feat. Unlikely though, I'd never let that fly personally!

Don't think it is really possible without a dip. 1 level in Contemplative for the appropriate bonus domain could do it though, and you wouldn't lose a caster level. If your deity doesn't offer the domain you need then you can always take the Heretic of the Faith feat to trade it for any domain.

Actually are you running ToB Crusader or Divine Crusader in this build? Because if it is the latter then you have a domain already that you can trade out with Heretic of the Faith.

If a domain of your choice isn't good enough though I don't think I can help!

Zanos
2013-09-29, 02:41 AM
If you have a very liberal DM, then the Extra Spell feat. Unlikely though, I'd never let that fly personally!
Spending a feat on a single spell from any list seems pretty fair, as long as you keep all components of casting the original had. Feats are pretty rare, and there are feats that give you 1 spell per spell level, such as arcane disciple.

Stux
2013-09-29, 04:48 AM
True. However it really does seem a bit of a stretch from a RAW perspective. The feat says you 'learn' it, but doesn't say you add it to your spell list.

Andvare
2013-09-29, 06:47 AM
With the P for Pathfinder, you can get a couple of feats, and get Improved Eldritch Heritage (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/improved-eldritch-heritage), Then get the 9th level Arcane Bloodline power (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/bloodlines/bloodlines-from-paizo/arcane-bloodline).

Clistenes
2013-09-29, 08:15 AM
Just researh the spell. Make it two levels higher than the arcane version and be done with it.

EDIT: Mage's Magnificent Enclosure is 9th level, so you can't do that...maybe you could buy a Knowstone and take some ranks of UMD? Or talk your DM into letting you get it with Extra Spell Feat, as somebody said.

Snowbluff
2013-09-29, 08:21 AM
Divine Magician let's a cleric get a domain full of them.

Cleric domains in general are this.

Archivist can copy wizard spells from domains into his spellbook.

The Anyspell spell.

3WhiteFox3
2013-09-29, 09:22 AM
Samsarans (PF race) can use the Mystic Past Life alt. racial trait to gain spells from other divine classes. Since many of the best Wizard spells appear in Cleric domains, you can get them that way.

However, the best way by far to do it is with the Oracle and Paragon Surge.

Step 1: Be a half-elf or a human with racial heritage (half-elf)
Step 2: Take Paragon Surge as one of your 3rd level spells known
Step 3: Take the Eldritch Heritage (Arcane) feat
Step 4: Cast Paragon surge to gain Improved Eldritch Heritage (Arcane) and gain Sor/Wiz spells to your spells known.