PDA

View Full Version : Beltran (Kingdom of Beltran IC)

Gaiyamato
2013-09-28, 09:52 PM
IC Thread for the Kingdom of Beltran.
Describe whatever you like here.

Gaiyamato
2013-09-30, 12:41 AM
Processing Exploration of Hex 112
Type: [roll0]
Encounter: [roll1]*1000RPs defenders.

Hex is another plain.
It is empty save you found a Heavy Warhorse wandering around (add it to your character sheet or sell it for 50% SRR value).
You find 2 gp of stuff you can sell lying about (add it to your character sheet).
You gain 225xp.
You may annex the hex for free without penalty.

BelGareth
2013-09-30, 03:37 PM
The sun shone over the horizon from the East Shimmering Sea, the first beams of golden light illuminated the village and its people, guards standing on watch rubbed their weary eyes and roosters crowed at the signal of the oncoming day.

Fires were stoked to fight away the cold twilight air and the people began to rise to go about their daily activities.

http://www.tumblr.com/photo/1280/defenestrador/2106718883/2/tumblr_lcygg6ntcq1qbuknm

King Gaheris strode through his stone house to stand and watch as the squires busied themselves around him, only waking up moments earlier realizing that they were late. Gaheris did not mind, he knew the way of the youth and he reveled in the though of his own youth, gone several winters ago.

Turning he saw, more hearing than seeing the shuffling of a adept, one of his own faithful bringing news of the scouting mission from the 1st Century.

Nodding in thanks he unrolled the parchment, which was dirty and small having traveled the wagon train, he read and he smiled at the news. It was a good day.

A good day indeed.

He put the parchment down and sought out Commander Shaerin, having news for her.

He found her in the practice yard, beating up some new recruits. Smiling and shaking his at the same time, he signaled to her to come, halting the practice she instructed the boys to continue on each other and walked towards him.

"I see you are beating the new meat already?" he said with a glint in his eyes "Do they all ready need to be punished so?" he said, mocking her with a friendly smile on his face.

She smiled back "I was bored, and my practice was getting a little rusty." she said a little pouty,
"I don't believe that for a second, you are first into the practice yard everyday," he waves off the conversation at hand "Either way, I have news, the 1st have explored the are and found it suitable, I will need you to depart and start the building of the new settlement, You can then take command from Charles, I'm sure he's in over his head at this point and would relish a new commander."

Her smile only grew wider "Into the field?" she asked, more exclaiming it than asking.

He nodded. "Aye, we need a good head out there, I will begin training some new troops," he motions to the boys behind them "We'll have some solid fighters by the time you are done with the building."

Commander Shaerin left the same day, upon her charger gifted to her by Gaheris, a mount that was recently broken and bought back with the news.

She found the 1st setup in a terrible display of discipline, disrupted ranks, weapons scattered and no semblance of order.

That changed quickly.

She instructed the wagon train to being construction of the new village, and the 1st created a ring around the new thorpe, she would have to come up with a new name....

http://media.wizards.com/images/magic/daily/features/feature191a_m3ce7lz922.jpg

so going to Annex for free and build a thorpe for 750.
Also sending Commander Shaerin (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=670022) to the new hex and will assign her the Commander of the 1st.
Gaheris will Muster a unit at home now that he can. Details for that will be forthcoming.
He will muster the 2nd Vale Century (exact duplicate of my other unit)
All costs have been deducted, I have it all down on a neat excel sheet. (will email you)

Gaiyamato
2013-09-30, 11:22 PM
Excellent. I am assuming that this is coming from your second turn sheet?

BelGareth
2013-10-01, 12:01 AM
Actually I wanted to adjust my first turn slightly, the building of the troops as I didn't know we had a garrison, My Cohort wasn't made yet, so I made her and since we can have unlimited unit movements...

And the thorpe building was because its part of the annexing action...

I took everything out of the first turn funds.

If you want me to wait for the second turn, I understand, I'll need to readjust the funds though.

Gaiyamato
2013-10-01, 12:49 AM
No given that there has been a lot of confusion you are free to alter some your first turn. I expected issues in the first couple of turns for most players.

Chilingsworth
2013-10-01, 04:13 AM
Around the time you pray to your goddess, you receive the following sending:

Train those who wield my faith. They shall be your rock in the coming storms. Beware R'ta'nakk'k and his minions. He despoils the sacred.

BelGareth
2013-10-01, 02:01 PM
Gaheris opens his eyes suddenly, a large smile upon his face.

It had been a long time since he had received direct communication from her lady above.

His thoughts instantly went to his followers and their sacrosanct ways and devout beliefs, many were zealot worshipers of her Holiness, and others more so like Gaheris, goodly and protective of the people.

He wandered...perhaps he could form up a unit with a few more people...

Soo.... units are 100 men strong, I have 50 1st level followers...could I either make a half strong unit comprised of them, or could i create a unit for half price?

(if so, 1 of my 3rd followers will be the units Commander, and the remaining 3rd follower + the 4 2nd followers will be Gaheris personal guard.)

DAMN I need a champion.

I'm just not sure how to deal with level up followers (although looking at the chart, I wouldn't get 100 until my leadership score gets to 20 (+4 increase from present score)

I'm under the understanding that followers are the same as units, stats wise (non elite array) and so they aren't anything special?

Also, can I initiate next round actions?

Chilingsworth
2013-10-01, 02:20 PM
I'm pretty sure this is the first time you've received direct communication from the lady above. Any previous times, you were probably talking to yourself. (Couldn't find the clip I was looking for. Hope you get the reference.)

BelGareth
2013-10-01, 02:33 PM
WEll his call to Paladinhood, it may have not been direct or even by sophia, but he felt something, remember, mortals make things up, and then they believe them.

And I'm sorry, I don't get it!

Chilingsworth
2013-10-01, 02:37 PM
Ah. I get it.

I was referencing a line in the movie Dogma. When the Metranon said "Every time a human claims to have spoken with god, they were speaking to me... Either that, or they were talking to themselves."

Chilingsworth
2013-10-01, 03:04 PM
OOC:

Are any of your followers clerics or other divine casters dedicated to Sophia?

BelGareth
2013-10-01, 03:26 PM
All of them

Chilingsworth
2013-10-01, 03:32 PM
In that case, I think they'd all have the elite array for stats, or at the very least the non-elite custom array (13,12,11,10,9,8) I mean, I thought the rule was that creatures with PC class levels get the elite array, anyhow.

But, I'm not sure if FoB has rules that invalidate that.

You might want to hold off on your next turn actions. You'll be getting some direct help from me, as soon as I figure out my full range of options.

BelGareth
2013-10-01, 03:51 PM
Roger that, Seems like all followers are NPC classes if below 6th. So they'll all be Adepts.

And I'll await divine intervention

Gaiyamato
2013-10-01, 08:08 PM
Yes Adepts with the standard array. Above level 6 they would have the elite array anyway.

You are free to start turn 2 actions whenever you are ready.

Chilingsworth
2013-10-01, 09:40 PM
Gaheris! I send you my herald, that she might aid you against those who would despoil this land!

You hear a commotion at the gate of your private residence.
(Assuming you investigate) You see a young winged woman who is almost a spitting image of what you think your goddess looks like. The biggest differences are size (this woman is over a foot shorter) and her ears: this woman's ears are pointed. (OOC: The picture below is the best facsimile I could find. It's not exact.)

http://imageshack.us/a/img812/2087/2lwg.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/812/2lwg.jpg/)

Paladin Gaheris, I am Nahuatl, the White Lady's herald. *she bows politely* I am here to aid you in her name.

Gain use of Nahuatl. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=667222) Though, if Our illustrious GM allows it, I'd like to continue to run her.

If you somehow have true seeing, you see that the winged elf's true form is a giant, rainbow-scaled, winged snake.

Gaiyamato
2013-10-01, 09:59 PM
You may run her. She is your character.

BelGareth
2013-10-02, 12:10 PM
Gaheris awakes to a sudden voice.

Again!

He could hardly believe it!

Hearing the commotion, he bolted up and stormed out of his room, trying to see what the commotion was, ignoring the fact that he was in his undergarments, he continued to the gate, which is where the noise seemingly came from.

And he stopped in his tracks, he almost fell down to his knees in supplication, for he thought Her Holiness, his patron deity had deigned him important enough to come visit, but this was not her...as the voice rang in his head, it confirmed it, this was her Herald!

Smiling and still in his garments he knelt down upon one knee to the Herald, "Greetings Nahuatl! I am honored and humble to be in the presence of the White Ladies Herald!"

Chilingsworth
2013-10-02, 12:15 PM
Rise, Paladin. Our Lady wouldn't have you grovel for her, and neither would I. It is our deeds that determine the best of us, not our power or species... even deific. So says the White Lady.

*she offers a hand to help Gaheris up.*

BelGareth
2013-10-02, 12:46 PM
Gaheris rises.

"These must be dire times to send you, my commander is off expanding the kingdom, I am due to here from her soon, we are establishing a new village there."

He stops "But I must confess, we have not met anyone or know of anything that threatens us, it scares me to think that their are enemies beyond our borders that we know nothing of, yet we must prepare against them."

Chilingsworth
2013-10-02, 01:00 PM
It's not that these are dire times, Paladin. Though you might not feel it, this is the beginning of time, or at least, of this world. And our Lady is the only angelic power in this world. Actions taken now will have the largest effect on the future. So, our Lady is not idle.

BelGareth
2013-10-02, 03:38 PM
Gaheris takes in the words of the Herald, "Indeed, mayhap I must dress for the day, for I fear my current clothing would be unsuited for my....office." he smirks and then bids her farewell for the nonce, going to dress he joins her in his breakfast hall, a small dining room with a long oak table.

"What sort of actions? I am not aware of any other nations, how am I supposed to act when I know not for?" he asks in between as plate of scrambled egg with wild bacon and mushrooms.

Chilingsworth
2013-10-02, 04:43 PM
Nahuatl attempts to take a seat, but finds this difficult since the chairs aren't built with wings in mind. Sighing, she dispenses with her wings for the moment (by changing shape into a mundane elf.) And takes a seat, accepting the offered breakfast gladly.

Well, we know of a band of the foul one's followers not too far southwest of here. We... nearly ran into the fiend himself (Apparently discussing something with his primary worshipers, we suppose.) However, there are a couple of other powers about that, while superficially similar, aren't vile like that monster. Or at least, have shown little sign of being so. There are also signs that two powers possibly worse than the foul one are coming, but they seem to be dormant so far. Lastly, there is another ruler dedicated to Our Lady very close to the holy mountain. If possible, we should get your two nations in contact.

BelGareth
2013-10-02, 05:23 PM
Gaheris raises an eyebrow when she changes to sit down, but says nothing of it, who was he to question the Herald of his god?

He listened intently, concern showing on his features as she rattled off a list of enemies previously unknown to him.

Wide eyed "Could these be pawns of R'ta'nakk'k? I have not heard of any of these things" he puts his hands on his head "We must take to the field, scout out our enemies while the summer is strong. Perhaps make our way to this Holy Mount? But I am loathe to leave the Vale undefended, especially with the 2nd being ready within a few weeks."

With these martial turns, I only have one unit to command, until a hero joins, and currently they are wrapped up in negotiations.

Am I right in saying the new unit will not be created until the end of the season? (as well as the thorpe?)

Chilingsworth
2013-10-02, 05:44 PM
They are most definitely his servants, or at least their leader is. But try to avoid saying his name. Our Lady has warded us against his ability to spy, but that protection only extends so far.

As for taking the field, that would be unwise at this time. Our foe appears to be directly active, so it would likely come down to direct deific combat. And our Lady is a power of Healing, not War.

Instead, I'd council a build up of our strength, and careful exploration and colonization.

She returns the raised eyebrow.

And Gaheris, please feel free to question me. I am not infallible. Not even our Lady is. It would be an inexcusable tragedy if we suffered from a flaw that we overlooked by forgetting this fact.

To answer your unasked question: I can take whichever humanoid form I please because I am a couatl. Much as your holy symbol depicts.* I don't generally speak with mortals in my natural form because it tends to unnecessarily frighten them. Also, can you imagine how annoying it would be to navigate this dwelling as a twelve-foot snake with fifteen-foot wings? Also, I like having hands. Amazing how useful they are.

*she chuckles*

*Sophia's holy symbol is a coiled couatl. (http://www.imarvintpa.com/Mapping/Tokens/Couatl.png)

BelGareth
2013-10-02, 06:12 PM
A couatl! GAheris had heard of powerful mages and creatures, pagasi, griffons, dragons even, but never had he seen such powerful and magnificent creatures, let alone a Couatl!

He nodded "My Lady Herald, you are indeed a humble servant of our revered Lady, I shall attempt to do as you ask, how are we to travel to the mount if not by taking to the field, I apologize for the vernacular, I did not mean mobilize for war. We have too little men, and no enemy, what good is war without an enemy?"

He smiled at his own little pun, it was more of a joke, but he hoped she got the underlying meaning, he wasn't a warmonger, but war, war had its place.

Chilingsworth
2013-10-02, 06:28 PM
She chuckles.

Ah. When you said take the field, I did believe you meant go to war.
As I said, power of Healing, not War. As for reaching our comrade, that will likely prove difficult. While I am aware of the approximate location of his stronghold, I do not know all the threats that lie between us. I suppose if we had no other choice, I could attempt to fly you there for a personal meeting. I'd be able to keep us invisible, but there would still be significant risk. Also, I'm not sure I'd be able to carry both you and the supplies we'd need for the journey.

BelGareth
2013-10-02, 07:06 PM
A few hours later a message is received and given to Gaheris:

Lord Gaheris,

There are strange visitors wishing to talk with you in regards to a peace treaty, I believe them to close neighbors, and perhaps druids of some kind, they have a strange reverence of nature, but one seems to talk in riddles.

He angers me.

They have requested your presence, not happy with my 'uncouth' like behavior.

-Shaerin

Gaheris reads the letter and smiles at his protege.

"Lady Nahuatl, you talked of flying earlier, could you perhaps fly us to the new thorpe? It would seem some potential allies have requested my presence, and Shaerin is a little....out of her league shall we say, it is but 12 miles away, I would ride their, but haste may be a virtue."

Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306778)

Chilingsworth
2013-10-02, 07:14 PM
Of course. You'll have to hold on tight, though. Unless you have riding gear designed with a couatl in mind?

*She smirks*

Let's get to an open area out of town. I wouldn't want to scare your citizens, after all.

Oh, while I'm at it, I can provide assistance in the negotiations as well. And, can determine much about any emissary's morals and ethics, as long as they don't have protections up.

BelGareth
2013-10-02, 07:21 PM
Gaheris nods.

He gears up, wearing his full plate and normal equipment and waits for the Herald/couatl in the clearing outside of town.

Chilingsworth
2013-10-02, 07:30 PM
She meets you at the clearing. Once she's sure there are no prying eyes, she sheds her humanoid form for her natural one:

Before your eyes, the petite elf transforms into a twelve foot snake. Her scales include all the colors of the rainbow, and more. But this pales in comparison to her wings: They stretch fifteen feet from tip to tip, and are an almost blinding white.

She turns her serpentine head towards you, and tilts it.

Hmm, I'm not certain I can carry you with all that metal. But we can try, of course. Also, fair warning: I'll be communicating telepathically while we're airborne. The slipstream makes talking all but impossible.

How much do you weigh with your gear?

BelGareth
2013-10-02, 08:46 PM
I weigh 350+

Chilingsworth
2013-10-02, 08:50 PM
You climb on. She rears up without... much... trouble. Nahuatl attempts to lift off...

You remain grounded.

Oof! I think you need to loose some weight, Gaheris. Unless... do you have a strength enhancing item I might borrow?

Her maximum light load is 266 lbs at her current strength. If she had a +3 enhancement bonus, it would increase to 400.

BelGareth
2013-10-02, 09:47 PM
Gaheris shakes his head, "Unfortunately, no, my magic is not strong enough."

He dismounts, "We shall have to go the regular way, I apologize if I slow you down."

He waves his hand and a magnificent white destrier appears before him, it neighs and then nuzzles Gaheris as if they were close friends.

"This is Galydriel, she will get me there."

12 miles at 40 ft. will take us 3 hours

Chilingsworth
2013-10-03, 05:15 AM
Nahautl takes her avariel (winged elf) form.

Then she reaches her mind out to the horse, speaking to it both verbally and telepathically.

<<Greetings Galydriel>>

She nods.

You wont be slowing me down much. Regardless, I can scout ahead and above. I'll be sure to keep you both in range of my telepathy, though.

*she then disappears*

<<Let's be off, shall we?>>

She'll stay fifty feet ahead and fifty feet above you. She'll therefore be approximately seventy feet away, well within telepathy range.
She'll, for lack of a better word "ping" you regularly, which will keep a mental channel open, allowing you and your horse to initiate conversations if either wishes. Also, her telepathy allows communication with anything that has an intelligence score. As for disappearing, she's using her at will invisibility SLA.

And the speed you suggest works fine for me.

Chilingsworth
2013-10-03, 12:20 PM
OOC: So, do you want to role play anything else here, or should switch to the negotiation thread?

BelGareth
2013-10-03, 12:41 PM
I continued it in the other thread.

Chilingsworth
2013-10-05, 03:04 AM
OOC: So, any further business? Or should we wait for our GM to recover?

Gaiyamato
2013-10-06, 08:58 PM
With these martial turns, I only have one unit to command, until a hero joins, and currently they are wrapped up in negotiations.

Am I right in saying the new unit will not be created until the end of the season? (as well as the thorpe?)

The Thorpe is there as soon as you have payed for it and counts for defense and control of the hex. It's first income generation is the first week of Autumn(Fall) however.
Any new units are there and can move from the turn after they were mustered/trained.

Chilingsworth
2013-10-07, 02:06 PM
OOC: So, we're still in the other thread, I guess?
Great... so we get to meet the BBEG right now. :smalleek:

Beelzebub1111
2013-10-07, 03:17 PM
Phi awoke to a familiar sight. A room at an inn with the bare minimum essentials. Bed, Table, Chair, Wash Basin, Mirror. He gets out of bed, looks in the mirror and washes his face. Looking at his natural face, grey skin with white hair and eyes, he felt tired. He remembered a person he saw the day before, a pretty young blonde woman. He concentrated on the memory and tried to copy her in the mirror. Not bad.

He changed her face a bit, toned her muscles, changed the hair from blonde to red and cropped it short. He tanned her skin and her eyes went from blue to green. Satisfied with his change he put on his armor and changed its appearance through a few outfits, then settling on the raiments of an initiate of Sophia he takes his pack cramming his lighter weapons inisde, puts his rapier on his waist, and heads downstairs Weapon provides too much information. Invest in a magic haversack.

He wordlessly leaves two silver for the room and moves out the door. Gold draws attention, pay expected amount and move on.

It's barely dawn as he walks down the capital's streets. He traverses the city in concentric circles, looking for notes left with his signet "ɸ". He had contact with the Master of Kingdom's Infrastructure, but has not heard back for any specific work. Cash was running thin, and demand for his services are in short supply. Death is a lean business. He whispers a prayer aloud to no one in particular "Sophia, bless us with your guiding light. Deliver us from darkness and bring peace to this wild land" A stock prayer he could recite in his sleep, drilled into his head from a young age. Now it's something of a mantra to calm himself when he's stressed or worried. Though he would never admit it, he was worried many things, his upstart guild, his investments, his secrets. And right now? His next meal.

Chilingsworth
2013-10-07, 03:22 PM
OOC: I have an idea, let me see if I can arrange something. :smallwink:

Edit: actually, I have a second idea if the first doesn't pan out.

Beelzebub1111
2013-10-07, 03:49 PM
OOC: Neat. I'll await as patiently as I can.

The_Admiral
2013-10-09, 12:55 PM
OOC: So, I'm not very sure what to do here.

BelGareth
2013-10-09, 01:01 PM
we need a beltran ooc (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16185314)

The_Admiral
2013-10-09, 03:22 PM
COME ON YOU APES! Razak shouts as he led his men northwards into unexplored territory, north of the young nation of Beltran. As he marched onwards scouting for that very nation, he wondered how the hell did Shaerin of all people convince him to drag the Wreckers into this.

Ehh, making things up, just thinking Razak and your Cohort used to work together.

BelGareth
2013-10-09, 03:30 PM
Sounds great, she is the 2nd in charge after all, I was thinking the coastal or hills north of the capital