PDA

View Full Version : Silver Age Sentinels Dynamic Power Question

Window459
2013-09-29, 01:41 AM
Since this has been giving me headaches for days and this place seemed like the best place to ask I was wondering if any one out there in playground could help. I'm currently running a Silver Age Sentinels game, a very fun but sometimes confusing system, well any way me and one of my players have been having an argument about whether the attribute Dynamic Power: Shadow Magic would be 15pp or 20pp per rank. I say fifteen cause the way the character uses it, hes merely manipulating not controlling the shadows, while he says 20 because its a primal level power. So I call upon the wisdom of the playground hoping someone out there has played this system more and has more experience with it then I do and can help settle this, thanks in advance.

The Rose Dragon
2013-09-29, 02:53 AM
I would say 15 points, on the same level as weather or electricity, as long as it is about he actual lack of light, and not all the mystical associations that come with it, at which point you can justify a lot more than 15 points' worth.

However, I generally suggest against Dynamic Powers in any Tri-Stat dX game, because it can be annoyingly difficult to adjudicate properly, if you can take Power Flux instead.