PDA

View Full Version : The Tower Climb [Cult of Donjon]

cameronpants
2013-09-29, 01:48 AM
The four monsters stood in the hallway outside of the destroyed transportation room. Their faces are slack, eyes glazed; for a moment, they all seem to be in a trance. Then, blinking, and shared looks. They knew what needed to be done.

The Order of the Gryphon had to die- the more glorious the slaughter, the better.

Okay, before posting in this thread, be sure to post your Moment in the OOC Cult of Donjon thread. I'll edit the Moments into this post. After you do so, you may post in here.

Karsos had never much worshipped any god. In his life, one thing that he had learned was that gods won't save you. They didn't save his brothers, fallen to the blades of the Order of the Gryphon, and they hadn't saved him. You had to rely on your own strength, your own convictions, to carry you through. Sometimes they couldn't. But you had to trust something in life, when the world around you is blatantly hostile and injust.

And perhaps that doesn't matter. But perhaps it does. He'd like to think, later, that Gruumsh didn't want someone who'd fall to their knees before him. Or perhaps it was just that there was no other orc to do the task. Either way, a split second before everything happened at once, time froze, and Karsos felt a force before him, a force of strength and raw animal fury. His bonds and blindfold dissolved in a shower of sparks, and before him stood the One-Eyed God.

"Kneel, servant," he demanded in a voice that was the clash of steel, the spray of blood, war horns bellowing the charge. It was the sound of crumbling fortresses, a voice stained red with cruelty and vicious strength.

Instead, Karsos lashed out with a blow, driven by his rage and sorrow. A god. Where was he when Karsos' people had been slaughtered in the hundreds?

Gruumsh moved impossibly fast, and Karsos' fist was twisted up behind his back, the prick of the great god's spear at his throat.

"You think you are strong, little orc?" he growled. "Good. That is good. You will have to be." With that, the god released him. "But you will need more than that." He drove his spear into the ground.

He Who Watches took a step towards the mortal, then another one. His hand rose, and then with a quicksilver motion he tore out Karsos' left eye.

The orc stumbled in shock, the pain not even registering yet. Gruumsh dropped the eyeball- his eye! dismissively into the chasm that began to yawn below, the earth itself split open by the god's spear, as it was once long ago.

"You are my servant in the mortal realm, whether you care to be or not," he commanded, grasping his spear. "Slay the Order of the Gryphon and avenge your kin." With that, his new patron was gone.

But all he was left with was not just a curious message and an empty eye socket that was just now flooding him with agonizing pain- that still seemed to be less than it should have been. No, he felt different, stronger, hardly feeling the blows of the guards. Only time could tell how great the blessing- or curse- was, though.

One moment, Erath was standing among the dead bodies of the guards. The next, he was elsewhere.

The hall was massive. Giant pillars supported a cieling high above, the walls draped with fine tapestries depicting bloody wars and conflicts, the floor made of solid steel. Further inspection revealed the pillars, cieling, and tapestries were all steel as well.

And it was wet. Everthing was moist.

Erath stood at one end of a great hall, just in front of great metal double doors. At the far end, on a raised platform, was a throne. A steel throne. Which was on fire.

Sitting in the throne was a large goblin- some eleven feet tall- with jet-black skin and eyes made of liquid flame. He sat erect, hands on the arms of the chair, and he was smiling. He spoke, his words harmonizing with the wet steel everywhere around Erath, seeming like the entire room spoke his words.

"Approach, vassal, so I may see you better."

Erath's legs began to move, not entirely voluntarily. Some part of him noted how easy it was to obey, to listen to the strange goblin before him. Moments later he was at the base of the short staircase that led to the dais.

"Kneel before your father, young vassal."

Erath, taken for a moment, stood. He did not worship this being, whoever he was. He was a faithful of Erythnul, the God of Glorious Slaughter, the Gutteral Gore. Erath stared into the eyes of the great goblin king, and blinked. With dawning recognition Erath realized who he stood before, and knelt immediately, dropping his head.

It was Malglubiyet, Firey-Eyes, the Iron One, the Father of all Goblins. Erath stood in his throne room that sat beneath the Great Falls within the city of Clangor on the plane of Acheron, a layer of the Abyss.

Erath was in the afterlife.

"Good. You know who I am, vassal. But you know not why I brought you here. You are to be my eyes in the Material- you will be the Eyes of Maglubiyet. The Eyes of Defeat."

Erath slowly stood, and brought his eyes back up to meet the Great One's.

"I have chosen you for two reasons- almost all of my vassals already have a blood-feud with Gruumsh and all of his followers. For this divine mission I require you to work with an... orc." Maglubiyet's mouth frowns, and he shivers in disgust. "You, however, served next to them under the banner of Erythnul. That makes you right for the job. You also carry the divine spark- that of Fire that flows in your veins. Your task is simple: destroy the Order of the Griffon. Maim and burn, pillage and slaughter. Sacrifice to me their hearts and I will further grant you power and favor. Refuse and I will send you unarmored and defenseless against the hordes of Orcs here in Acheron."

Erath blinks again, then nods. "I accept, O Great King. But... I cannot defeat the Order. They are far too experienced, resourceful, and powerful. My entire clan fell to but one of them. How could I possibly overcome them?"

Maglubiyet smiles, eyes widening madly. "Why, I intend to brand you. Any who carry my brand gain my power. The power of war, of conflict; of ingenuity and strategy; the power of the mind over steel."

Maglubiyet reaches up and touches a single finger to Erath's temple.

The pain that washed over Erath was unlike anything he had ever experienced. It was scalding at the same time as being ice cold; it swept from his temple to his heart, then to his throat. His eyes washed out with black dots, his arms and hands went numb. He sank to the floor, twitching. After a moment, Erath realized he was screaming. Screaming so hard his throat bled, and leaked onto his chin and chest.

The pain left as fast as it appeared. Erath stood, feeling stronger, powerful- and smarter. Oh, what he knew. His mind reeled, calculating vetors and trajectories, footfalls and motives. He was, quite suddenly, a genius. He drew power into himself, and focused his mind. There was power there; a river of steel-colored power behind his very thoughts. Erath smiled hard, looking back up to Maglubiyet.

"I thought you'd like that. Here, let us practice before I return you to the moment I borrowed you..."

Buried. Alone.

The wyrmling could barely breathe. His breath came shallow, in fits and starts. He felt the weight of earth pressing down on his chest, pinning his limbs.

The clutch ... blood of his blood!

It came back in a rush.

He had come with the other wyrmlings to the warrens - the warm underground tunnels carved out beneath the trees for the clutch. Crouched among the many eggs, the musk of laying dams all about them, they had listened to the chaos above. Worst, they could smell the burning - all the trees, the entire village aflame.

And then, the sound - a huge, shuddering boom - and the earth shivered and shook.

The roots of grandfather tree, that had stood a thousand generations, buckled and snaked like live things. A wyrmling close by was whipped by root sprung free from the ceiling and fell, skull crushed.

And then it all came crashing down.

"'Dis be 'de beginnin' ... always it start 'dis a-way."

The voice was not so much something he heard, as a vibration - as though his body had been struck like the skins on the drums of the old speaker.

"'Dey come to us in greed, in jealousy. 'Dem always wantin' what we build - what we dragonkin be makin' every day, hard-workin' us. An' 'dem take, an' take ..."

The wyrmling burned, suddenly, wanting to bark out, to scream the war-cry of his people. The little ones! The sacred clutch! They killed the children!

The vibrations took on a softer tone. "You be 'de las', wyrmlin' chile. You be 'de only an' only lef'. All, all alone - like I an' I been, in the beginnin' of all 'tings."

The wyrmling sucked a tiny gasp of air through his nose. The Watcher!

"Yes, little one, I an' I. I am come to give you a choice - 'de same choice 'dat Mama Io give to me. You can build again - make 'dis a place for you people, and find you more of 'de blood of dragons to build wit'. It can be as it was."

Images of the trees, the woven leaf roofs, the causeways, the lights in the darkness, the pounding beats of ceremony, the rites of mating and the lessons of learning, and the great clutch - always the heart of them, the clutch beneath, their future and their pride.

He shook with rage, and felt his claws dig into the earth.

The voice spoke, and the shiver was replaced with a spreading warmth.

"You choose 'de other. You choose vengeance. You will be as I and I, for we be 'de blood an' bone, 'art an' soul of dragons. You will be a dragon gone into 'de Wiq di Irlym, my sting in 'de world. Do you take I and I into you, an' do you swear 'de great oat' to snare the sof' skins 'dat put you people an' 'dey eggs to 'de sword?"

There was no answer - merely a deep, red hate.

"What be 'de firs' lesson of snares, wyrmling chile?"

He thought as much as spoke it: make 'de prey careless an' confident - 'den it make a mistake easy.

"Yes, chile. You be 'de snare - for 'de sof'-skins be confident now in 'dey mighty victory. You have no tribe - but you will. You will be 'de clan of blood an' bile, 'de Iejir vur Narhethi - 'dem what been wronged and come to take back 'dey pride. Lie still, drake - for today you be no nameless chile, but a drake true. You be Jaxo Jesk, 'de Fang-tail, come to give 'de sof' skins payment"

And a great weight was lifted, and Jaxo Jesk came from the earth as a wyrm from the egg, born anew.

When he came back to himself, he saw about him the soldiers of the Griffin. He felt the bite of chains, and would have been afraid.

But in his blood, he felt taut rope, coiled spring, and poisoned point. He was Jaxo Jesk, and he was Steelscale's Snare, the last of his people, the first of a new tribe.

The tribe of vengeance.

Erath Ingreid (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=666058), Fire Hobgoblin Psychic Monk
Karsos (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=666634), Feral Gruumsh-touched Orog Crusader
Jaxo Jesk (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=666596), Jungle Kobold Skirmishing Totemist
Hakkaaa (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=668451), Winged Goblin Divine Swordsage

Battle Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjCWAi_SBwdSdGo3MzFNSjlXdUlpNTdOUjRIS0pzR kE&usp=sharing)
CURRENT TURN: Eonas x2, Guards, PCs

Plerumque
2013-09-29, 06:46 PM
Karsos' wound was already beginning to heal as he snapped out of his daze, the meager bloodflow slowing. "I am Karsos. Servant of the One-Eyed, apparently. And you?" he asks, singular eye flicking back and forth, scanning for remaining guards.

JanusJones
2013-09-29, 08:21 PM
The tiny kobold c0cks its head to one side, then the other. Bird-like in intensity, it darts glances at each of the freed.

"I and I be Jaxo Jesk, Kurtulmak's Tail, an' 'dis be 'de beginning of 'de snare."

For a moment, Jaxo closes his eyes. There is a faint blue shimmer, and steely grey plates grow, as if folding out from underneath his own mottled off-white scales, to enclose his chest. From his tail emerges a sharp, steely spike, and a series of steely horns grow in a ridge down his long, lizard-like head.

"We be 'de snare - 'de Iejir vur Narhethi. I an' I last. You an' I be same, yes? Same blood, same goal ... vengeance."

Suddenly, he drops to all fours and scurries up the wall, tail curved, scorpion-like, over his back.

"I an' I climb far, see far, sting sharp. I an' I be 'de Lorit di Thesekar - 'de Snare o' Stingtail."

"Let us 'unt now, yes?"

cameronpants
2013-09-29, 09:54 PM
The red-skinned hobgoblin smiles, sharpened yellow teeth clicking against each other in contentedness. He eyes his new allies, and a strange feeling of trust washes over him.

"I am Erath Ingreid, the Eyes of Defeat, the Eyes of Maglubiyet. I am to destroy the Order, by blade and blood, to the last man. I am confident we are all here for the same task, and by working together we will achieve this goal."

Focusing his thoughts, he concentrates for but a moment before a shimmering barrier appears around him.

cameronpants
2013-09-30, 08:54 AM
A moment of wound silence passes between the apostles. As Erath opens his mouth to speak again, he is cut short by three quick, sharp bursts of a whistle. Looking down, one of the guards has rolled slowly to his side and used his signal whistle. Immediately, shouts can be heard from down the hall.

"Ah, it's begun! The Glorious Slaughter, in the name of Maglubiyet, shall begin!"

JanusJones
2013-09-30, 09:04 AM
Initiative Time!

[roll0]

Plerumque
2013-09-30, 10:10 AM
Karsos' hands grip his blade tighter as he shifts into a lower stance, giving an unsettling one-eyed stare to the approaching guards.

Initiative: [roll0]. Also, going into Iron Guard's Glare stance if there's time before my turn.

cameronpants
2013-09-30, 11:26 AM
There is time for one full round action before the guards are even in sight.
Guards' Initiative: [roll0]. They then refocus, getting an Init of 21 (this is what gives us a full round action).
Erath's Initiative: [roll1]

Erath will manifest Vigor on himself, spending 2pp and Overchanneling it. He will then move to be in a better position to help deal with the guards.

Standard: Manifest overchanneled Vigor for 15 hp
Move: Walk to AA-10

Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjCWAi_SBwdSdGo3MzFNSjlXdUlpNTdOUjRIS0pzR kE&usp=sharing)

Yellow is source of noise, red is magma chutes.
C's are corpses, G is whistling guard.
E is Erath, H is Hakkaaa, J is Jaxo, and K is Karsos.

This is my first time using a setup like this, but it should work out pretty well.

JanusJones
2013-09-30, 01:25 PM
Jaxo scuttles across the cieling, tail whipping over his shoulders and down.

Two fiery spines flick forth, lancing into the prone figure of the guard!

Crawling on the ceiling 10 ft. (1/4 speed, auto-roll on Climb = 26, good enough for "An overhang or ceiling with handholds but no footholds." (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/climb.htm) Take 10 comes from my Phase Cloak soulmeld, which also allows me to retain my Dex bonus to AC whilst climbing.
Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage 1: [roll1]
Attack 2: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

He spits something in Draconic as his tail lashes forward: "Loreat, skaeren iejir!"

Draconic: (http://draconic.twilightrealm.com/) "Die, warm-blood!

Plerumque
2013-09-30, 07:18 PM
Karsos suddenly darts forward and turns round the corner, charging towards the guard before stopping abruptly, blade dancing as he stands in the center of the passageway. His eerie gaze pierces the guards as his blade weaves a hypnotic pattern, preparing to take advantage of any opportunity.

Double move to AB6 and shift into Martial Spirit stance, since there are no near allies.

cameronpants
2013-10-02, 01:35 AM
Jaxo's tail-spawned spines strike true, and end the whistling guard's life.

Karsos passes Erath and moves swiftly up the hallway. Ahead of him is a set of double doors which are just opening. Behind them are four guards; two are crouched in front holding Tower Shields, and two behind are using Heavy Crossbows over the heads of their allies. One shouts a warning slightly muffled from his helmet. Before waiting for a response, both soldiers with crossbows open fire. They then drop the crossbows and draw shortbows.

Crossbow 1 vs Karsos [roll0], Damage [roll1]
Crossbow 2 vs Karsos [roll2], Damage [roll3]

Updated Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjCWAi_SBwdSdGo3MzFNSjlXdUlpNTdOUjRIS0pzR kE&usp=sharing)

S are Tower Shield soldiers. They also have spears of some kind.
X are Heavy Crossbow soldiers. Both just fired at Karsos.

Yet to act in first round: Hakkaaa.

Yet to act in 2nd round: All PCs.

Plerumque
2013-10-02, 08:09 AM
One of the bolts bounces off his mail, the other finding its target as Karsos charges forward, smashing into the guard hiding behind his shield and knocking him over. Pausng for a moment, he pulls the bolt from his shoulder before his blade flicks back up and he prepares for the coming assault.

Moving ten feet forwards and using the Overrun action on the guard. Sorry, can't check the map at the moment to name a square. Strength check: [roll0]. Since the guys with the shields are hiding behind them and the others are using ranged weapons, none of them can make AoOs.

cameronpants
2013-10-02, 12:50 PM
Both guards with spears attack you as you approach, but your powerful counterattack shatters one of the spearmen's helmets as you cleave his head in twain. The other spearman shouts a word of warning, and the bowmen seem nervous.

Spear Attack 1 [roll0], Damage [roll1]
Spear Attack 2 [roll2], Damage [roll3]

You utterly devastate the first spearman. He's dead.

Map Updated (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjCWAi_SBwdSdGo3MzFNSjlXdUlpNTdOUjRIS0pzR kE&usp=sharing). 'Ct' is a dead tower shield guard.

JanusJones
2013-10-02, 05:49 PM
Jaxo leaps from the ceiling and hits the floor, rolling in a ball, then scuttles forward, tail lashing out again.

Two firey spikes dart forth towards the guard on the right!

Jump check: 15
Tumble check: 22

Spike 1: Attack = [roll0]; Damage = [roll1]
Spike 2: Attack = [roll2]; Damage = [roll3]

Moving to AB 30, I think?

cameronpants
2013-10-03, 01:15 AM
Jaxo's first spike smashes into the tower shield, and the second strikes home just above his sternum. The guard, dropping his shield, bats at the spike as his breath creates a sloshing sound. His spear clatters to the floor as he collapses, unconscious and dying.

Erath bends around the corner and, with well-placed steps, sprints past Karsos. With a flick of his wrist he uses the momentum he built up to strike at the left-most archer.

Erath moves to AB-23, next to the corpse of the first-fallen Tower Shield guard.
Erath then attacks the left-most Archer, using Cunning Insight on the attack roll. If the attack hits, he also uses one for the damage roll.
Attack [roll0], Damage [roll1], +5 if hit.

His fist strikes the guard's shoulder, wounding him, the sound of bone cracking under pressure. The guard's nervous expression is replaced by that of pain, and begins to fall back.

So Hakkaaa gets two full round actions, then it's the guards' turns. Jaxo, I'll just say the section of ceiling you were on was damaged by the tremors so it was easier to move so you don't waste a full round action moving 20ft. So after Eonas takes two turns, it's the archers, then the Party again.

Eonas
2013-10-03, 09:13 PM
Hakkaaa, busy observing his allies' and enemies' tactics, suddenly rises into the air, flexing his wings. His sword spins all about him like an overly-enthusiastic-and-possibly-slightly-drunk matador's cloak, as he flies at one of the guards, casting a protective aura upon him and his allies along the way. Hakkaaa stabs at the guard with his sword, simultaneously bringing down his dagger on the guard's head in a downward clawing motion.

Turn 1: Activating Island of Blades stance, moving to square AC26 (I'm assuming moving diagonally takes 1.5 squares), then casting Bless.
Turn 2: Moving to AC23, then Wolf Fang Striking the guard on AB22.

Main/Short Sword attack: [roll0] (+8 dex, +1 size, +1 BAB, +1 Bless, -2 Wolf Fang Strike) Actually, I had a +2 here for Island of Blades flanking as well. In retrospect I don't know why I bothered to Wolf Fang Strike: I should have gone Clinging Shadow Strike and left the Wolf Fang Strike for when I'd really need it. Oh well.
Off-hand/Dagger attack: [roll1]
Short Sword damage: [roll2] (+8 because of Shadow Blade)
Dagger damage: [roll3]

And that is what is commonly termed "Overkill".

cameronpants
2013-10-03, 09:56 PM
The onslought from the goblinoids is far too much for the frail pinkskin, and he dies gurgling on his own liquids. The other archer, white-faced, turns and runs.

Karsos can see down the side hall a team of soldiers approaching, composed of a guard with shield and spear, another crossbowman, and what seems to be a mage.

The Archer withdraws to AE-17.
Another archer, another Tower Shield guard, and a guard wearing a mage's robes appear down the eastern passageway. They all seem to be readying actions.

The picture you see is how the next room looks; a giant star. It'll be way too hard to draw in this program. I tried to import a diagonal table from Microsoft Excel, but they just disappeared. Basically, each line of the star is different levels of stacked catwalks. The actual room is about eighty feel below. It's a kind of quarry and all sorts of nasty shackled creatures are down there. Mostly unintelligent or low intelligence critters.

We are entering from the south-point on the star. Only straight lines and ladders/stairs can be accessed. There is a set of double doors on every point, and it takes several turns and ladder climbs/stair descends to get to each one.

Map Updated. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjCWAi_SBwdSdGo3MzFNSjlXdUlpNTdOUjRIS0pzR kE&usp=sharing)

New round: Party's turn!

cameronpants
2013-10-04, 12:03 AM
Erath spots the guard wielding the tower shield and swiftly steps over to the trio of soldiers. He feints to one side and detours around the probing spear of the shield-wielding guard, safely avoiding its tip. He then lashes out with a roundhouse kick at the robed mage.

However, as he approaches, the guard with the crossbow fires off a shot, and the guard with the spear also unleashes his prepared attack. Just before he reaches the robed man, a spell whose energy crackles with intensity finds its mark on Erath's hide.

Erath moves to AF-25, tumbling the last few feat to avoid an attack of opportunity. [roll0] vs DC 15.

Spear guard's AoO if Erath fails: [roll1], Damage [roll2]
Spear guard's readied action: Attack [roll3], Damage [roll4]
Crossbow readied action: [roll5], Damage [roll6]
Mage casts a spell, Spellcraft DC 16 reveals it is Magic Missile. Damage [roll7]

Erath's Attack against the Mage: [roll8], Damage [roll9]

Erath trades strikes in a melee, but manages to dodge the bolt flying at him as he swats aside a flailing attempt at his throat by the spearman. His kick goes wide from his dodges, missing the mage completely.

Map Updated (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjCWAi_SBwdSdGo3MzFNSjlXdUlpNTdOUjRIS0pzR kE&usp=sharing).

Yet to act: Hakkaaa, Karsos, Jaxo

JanusJones
2013-10-04, 08:12 AM
Now on the ground, Jaxo nonetheless sprints forward on all fours. When he rounds the corner, he snarls as he spots the oncoming troops, and flicks his tail forward.

Moving to AB 30 and stabbing mage. I hate me some mages.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

cameronpants
2013-10-04, 11:31 AM
[roll0] vs dc 13
Attack to see if the first spike hits and deals damage to the mage's soft cover ie. Erath

Jaxo's first spike narrowly misses Erath, but his second finds purchase in the mage's left eye socket. Without further motion, the robed soldier drops to the floor.

Plerumque
2013-10-04, 07:44 PM
Karsos charges towards the fleeing guard, bringing his blade down in a powerful stroke between the coward's shoulder blades.

Moving to AD18 and initiating Douse the Flames on the archer. I know it's pointless, but I want to switch it out for Charging Minotaur. By the way, I realized I didn't actually have Stone Bones granted, but as it didn't end up helping, I figured it was okay to just expend it and keep the maneuvers I had.

Also, Power Attacking for 2 points of damage.

EDIT: He's dead, Jim.

Eonas
2013-10-05, 05:14 AM
Hakkaaa flaps over to the shield-wielding guard. His sword refracts in thin air and what comes hurtling towards the guard is not one, but two, blades.

(Atk 1: [roll0] +10 base attack, 1 bless, 2 flanking from island of blades
Atk 2: [roll1]
Damage:[roll2]
Picking the higher roll.
I'm on the square just to the left of the Tower-wielding guard, btw.

cameronpants
2013-10-07, 01:05 AM
Karsos slays the fleeing pink-skin in a telling blow, his body flopping on the now-slick stone floor. Down the hall, Hakkaaa soars over, wings beating, to the guard with the tower shield. Even with his training, the splitting blade technique is too much for him, and he blocks the ghostly copy instead of the real one. The wound that was dealt to him was almost deadly, ripping flesh and muscle from his shoulder and chest.

He bears down, blood spilling over his teeth, as he shouts a word of anger at the winged goblin. His spear lances out, attempting to skewer the small goblinoid.

Next to him, the crossbow man takes a step back and fires off his remaining bolt before dropping the heavy weapon and drawing a shortsword.

Spear Attack on Hakkaaa: [roll0], Damage: [roll1]
Crossbow attack on Erath: [roll2], Damage: [roll3]

Map Updated (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjCWAi_SBwdSdGo3MzFNSjlXdUlpNTdOUjRIS0pzR kE&usp=sharing)

New Round: PC's turns.

JanusJones
2013-10-07, 08:33 AM
Scuttling backwards up the wall to get a higher vantage point, Jaxo lets fly at the remaining, retreating guard.

AB 25, going 5 ft. up the wall so I get my 10 total. Figure I'll assassinate the guy who has a chance if he withdraws and leave the one who'll get hacked on if he starts running. :smallamused:

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Plerumque
2013-10-07, 03:48 PM
Roaring in triumph, Karsos strides back down the hallway, holding his bloodied blade aloft in victory.

Double move to AB29.

cameronpants
2013-10-07, 11:13 PM
Erath twists, and unleashes a flailing assault on the guard. The strikes are messy, and many are glancing blows; but several find their mark, hampering the guard's lurching retreat.

Number of extra attacks: [roll0]
Normal attack: [roll1], Damage [roll2]
Possible attack 1: [roll3], Damage [roll4]
Possible attack 2: [roll5], Damage [roll6]
Possible attack 3: [roll7], Damage [roll8]

If any attack roll that works exceeds 18, it's a hit and he drops.

A sharp slap to the face, a kick to the ribs, a headbutt to the temple, and a guillotine neck stomp ensures the guard is not only dead, but brutalized. Panting furiously, Erath looks up to meet eyes with Hakkaaa.

"That felt... good."

The group of escaped monsters ransack the corpses, finding anything worthy of their attention. Some grab at rope, others at labeled potions; the entire event takes less than a minute.

"We need to find our way up the tower. Which way did we come from?" Erath asks the group, hefting his new crossbow. Erath glances north to the catwalks, and east down the hallway. "Guards came from both locations. There could be more. I vaguely remember traversing the metal walkways to get here; therefore we should go down this hall and quell any other guards who may be magically contacting their friends up ahead." Erath begins to stride confidently down the hall to the East.

cameronpants
2013-10-09, 01:07 AM
Pushing things along...

The escaped prisoners move down the hallway to the East, to a right turn. The hallway extending south leads on for another forty or so feet before turning left. They continue on, wary at every distant titter and scrape. Reaching the corner, they glance down the Eastward hall. It extends over fifty feet before turning left, to the North. From the northern hallway light spills onto the worked stone of the passageway, and hushed voices, obviously panicked, can be heard chattering from whatever room lay out of sight.

"There's more pink-skins yonder," Erath points out, though it was obvious to them all, "and I have the urge to ruin their day. Jaxo, you should take point, along the ceiling, while the rest of us be ready not far from you. What say you all?" Erath glances at the faces of his allies, waiting for their response.

Plerumque
2013-10-09, 07:31 AM
Karsos shrugs silently, cleaning blood off his newfound sword. The shallow cuts he's sustained are already fading. Wiping off the last of the gore, he points the tip towards the room and gestures his companions forward.

Going into Iron Guard's Glare stance.

JanusJones
2013-10-09, 08:08 AM
Jaxo scurries up the wall, tail arched over his back. "I an' I will get 'dere attention, lead 'dem back 'ere for you." His serpentine head is split by a sinister grin that shows a bit too many reptilian teeth.

"I an' I 'ave a taste for more blood!"

Hide and Move Silently to within 30 ft., then let fly. No penalty for movement, since I'll be on the wall going 1/4 speed. Ready to back up at 1/2 - that's why I'm using the wall, not ceiling.

Hide: 1d20+18
Move Silently: 1d20+10

Note my AC is 19 when climbing, since I'm not using my shield.

JanusJones
2013-10-09, 08:16 AM
Sigh ...

Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]

cameronpants
2013-10-09, 02:15 PM
Jaxo creeps along the wall until he reaches the corner, then he slowly edges around, hugging the ceiling, hoping the flickering light isn't enough to see him by. Before him is another fifteen feet of hallway, and then an open room. It is large, and at the far end, some forty feet from his position, he sees four humans standing and chatting furiously, three male whom are armored and armed and a single female, wearing a nightgown and holding a longsword.

As Jaxo creeps closer, and lets his spines fly at a guard with his back to him, he hears the guard mutter "But which one of us will stay with you?"

Jaxo, roll attack rolls for surprise round. Skirmish is activated.

Initiative:
Erath [roll0]
Karsos: [roll1]
JaxoHakkaaa: [roll2]
Hakkaaa Jaxo: [roll3]

Guards: [roll4]
Bella: [roll5]

Turn Order after Surprise round: Jaxo Hakkaaa, Guards, the rest of the PCs, then Bella. As soon as Jaxo's surprise round is finished, he can go again before any of the guards go.

JanusJones
2013-10-09, 07:23 PM
Two spines flicker into firey light out of the darkness!

A note: don't know how high the ceiling is, but I'm as close as I can be to it - safety first, kids!

Hey Bella - I HATED YOU IN THOSE STUPID BOOKS! STOP REPRESENTING TEEN GIRLS AS NEEDING MEN TO GIVE THEM AN IDENTITY! :smallfurious:

To Hit: [roll0]
To Hit: [roll2]

Yay for two attacks as a standard in the surprise round! :smalltongue:

Note: I do hope you know I'd like to kill Bella - she'd be my target. Clearly, she needs to die. Like really. Before Edward makes her a vampire and we have to listen to her whine FOREVER.

If he actually can't hit her, but two guards are in-range, he'll try to fell both.

cameronpants
2013-10-09, 08:37 PM
Any particular reason why Jaxo would focus on a female pink-skin in pajamas and not one or two armored, trained warrior guards? Well, I'll wait for your Speak Authoritatively (or straight Knowledge Check if you don't want to) before narrating the attack.
Just so I don't double post:
[roll0],[roll1]
[roll2],[roll3]

JanusJones
2013-10-09, 08:42 PM
Simple - they're worried about protecting her. What, do I NOT live in a d20 universe where the absolute SCARIEST people NEVER wear armor? Am I stupid? :smalltongue:

cameronpants
2013-10-09, 10:40 PM
Okay. Are both spines fired at her, or do you aim one at a male as well?

JanusJones
2013-10-09, 10:56 PM
Scary unarmed chick gets both. It's only sensible - what the hell is a chick in a nightgown doing in the dungeon, if not being better and more awesome than the mooks?

cameronpants
2013-10-10, 01:22 AM
The first spike slams into the woman's shoulder, the second into her chest. She crumbles, blood spurting from a severed artery. The closest guard yells a word, spins on his heel, and sights you.

Hakkaaa's turn. He cannot see the guards, but can hear them.

EDIT:
Map Updated (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjCWAi_SBwdSdGo3MzFNSjlXdUlpNTdOUjRIS0pzR kE&usp=sharing)

The blue squares are a series of arcane designs. The room itself the guards are within hold cots, bunks, and a couple tool chests.

Eonas
2013-10-11, 05:57 AM
Hakkaaa flaps around the corner to see the cause of all the noise, then advances a little toward the guards cautiously.

((Moving to AR 29))

cameronpants
2013-10-11, 10:12 AM
The guards snap to action. Two of them grab Bella's bleeding form and drag her onto the glowing runes. As soon as they are there, they are surrounded in a blue haze, and just as suddenly they are gone. The runes dim and extinguish, now just black marks on the ground.

The other guard sneers and charges Jaxo. As he approaches, the kobold notices the madness in the man's eyes; he knows he's going to die.

Attack Roll: [roll0], Damage: [roll1]

cameronpants
2013-10-11, 03:12 PM
Erath sprints around the corner, spinning around the guard with exceptional timing.

Tumble [roll0] DC 15

Erath double moves to AQ-23. If he doesn't meet the Tumble DC, The guard gets a free attack:
Attack [roll1], Damage [roll2]

Erath miscalculated the last spin, and finds the blade of a longsword skimming his nose as he skirts the blade. His psionic barrier holds taught, and the blade skips away again, never touching his skin. Erath grins fiercely at the guard, showing sharpened canines and teeth littered with ritualistic carvings.

Map Updated (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjCWAi_SBwdSdGo3MzFNSjlXdUlpNTdOUjRIS0pzR kE&usp=sharing#gid=0)

Jaxo and Karsos: your turn.

Plerumque
2013-10-11, 04:26 PM
Hearing the sounds of battle, Karsos spins. His bare feet pound on the stone as he charges around the corner, roaring with battle fury. Pulling up short by the cluster of his allies, his one ice-blue eye narrows and he cuts off his shout as he parries an opportunistic blow from the guard, edging him back towards the wall.

Double move to AR24 and go into Iron Guard's Glare stance.

JanusJones
2013-10-12, 12:24 AM
Dropping from the wall, Jaxo hits the ground in a tight, scaly ball, spinning over the guard's shoulders. He stops inside the room, springing suddenly up onto all fours, snarling, his tail flinging flaming stings!

Movement:

Jump: [roll0]
Tumble: [roll1]

Jumping and tumbling to AS23.
Attacks:

Attack 1: [roll2]
Damage 1: [roll3]
Attack 2: [roll4]
Damage 1: [roll5]

cameronpants
2013-10-12, 01:57 AM
Jaxo's blazing spines slam into the guard's neck and lower back. He sputters and drops to the floor, muscles too weak to hold himself up.

The room is empty of further life and there are no apparent exits.

Okay! Now, this room as a treasure rating of 2. We can each try to find a single item up to level 2 in the Magic Item Compendium. Roll a d20 + 4 vs DC 10 + Item Level to determine if you find the item or not.

The guard has some items as well. I will determine what in the OOC after rolling this here:

Erath's Search Check for an Oil of Sonic Weapon [roll0].

Guard Item stuff[roll1], [roll2]

Plerumque
2013-10-12, 08:24 AM
Karsos jams his rusty blade through the man's rib cage to ensure he stays dead, then stalks back down the hallway.

JanusJones
2013-10-13, 12:19 AM
Jaxo unslings the shield from his back and moves to search the room. He hisses at the blackened runes.

"'Dere be a woman - 'dem call 'er Bella. No armor an' 'dey treat 'er like she royalty. I an' I almos' kill 'er, but 'dem take 'er away by magic."

He looks at his new companions. "We mus' fine 'dem. All of 'dem what kill our people. 'Dis one, I an' I know, she be from 'de Order."

Eonas
2013-10-13, 09:53 AM
Hakkaaa, wreathed in shadows, remains several inches above the ground as he silently meditates on sword technique.

Maneuver recovery.

cameronpants
2013-10-15, 12:10 AM
Having searched the room, the monsters are satisfied that the teleportation magic that was bound to the runes was temporary, and was now deactivated. They grab what supplies they can before moving on. Among the other effects in the room, Erath changes into the uniform of a guard. The helmet, fit for a human, was too small, so he instead rips several long strips of cloth from a shirt and wraps it around his head.

"Alright. We should continue. This prison we dwell in is beneath the Tower of Griffon. Perhaps we may find some aid in the other prisoners? When I was brought here, I remember hearing the roars of an ogre. Not sure where they detained the man, but perhaps we should locate him. We may have trouble with the defenses once we reach the exit- there were barricades available to lock this place down. Now, then; back to the catwalks above the Pit."

Hakkaaa gets the Scroll of Remove Curse, the Scrolls of Cure Moderate Wounds, and teh Scroll of Sanctuary.
Erath (who has use magic device ranks) will carry the scroll of Resist Energy (Fire) and the Wand of Shield.
I would suggest Jaxo take the Elixir of Sneaking.

We all gain 127 xp.

Erath heads towards the star catwalk, and I assume everyone follows.

The catwalks crisscross over and under each other, a complex series of stairs and ladders connecting them. A large platform suspended from the ceiling thirty feet above by pulleys acts as a massive elevator in the center of the star pattern walkways. There are five exits; we came in the 'bottom right' exit. Based on the memories of movement of the party, they deduce they came from the bottom left one.

Far below, in the quarry pit, an ankheg can be seen scurrying under a pile of boulders, and an ettin, scarred and tired-looking, lumbers along chewing on the corpse of a humanoid.

Where do the monsters go?

Total time since escape: About 9 minutes

cameronpants
2013-10-17, 08:02 AM
Erath leads the group through a series of walkways and ladders, winding his way towards the northern door. It is a simple door with a well-worn latch, quite loose. Erath looks at the door for a moment before leading the monsters away, back toward the north western door. This door looked more solid than the first, reinforced with iron bands. The handle was a metal knob set into a metal plate.

"This door has more security..." Erath begins, turning to his allies. "I believe that this will either lead us towards a holding facility or a storehouse or armory."

Erath turns to Karsos and sweeps his arm in front of him, mimicking a pink-skin bow. "After you, comrade."

The door has a break DC of 25.

Plerumque
2013-10-17, 10:24 AM
Karsos silently brings his blade up, reversing it in his grip before slamming the sturdy hilt into the wood.

Strength check: [roll0]

cameronpants
2013-10-17, 12:27 PM
The door buckles, but holds. Erath attempts to help Karsos on his next try.

[roll0] Str aid another.

Plerumque
2013-10-17, 01:28 PM
Growling, Karso drops his sword and rams the door with his shoulder. The iron bars bend slightly but hold. "It may take a few minutes," he says, giving the door a firm kick. "Do we have the time?"

Strength check: [roll0] Failure. If it is agreed upon, I will take 20 for a result of 34.

cameronpants
2013-10-17, 02:12 PM
"We have the time to do it right, but why not a couple extra shoves first?"

Just gonna roll a couple d20s. Why take two minutes when we can feasibly ne inside in less than thirty seconds? Assume Erath helps every odd attempt.
[roll0]
Karsos's next shove bursts the door. The room beyond looks to be an armory; walls are stacked high with weapon cases, spears, and glass cases of a variety of items. The centre of the room is filled with dressers and chests, suits of armor and clothing stacked haphazardly about. The back of the room has two banks of full length lockers, four per set.

Alright! This room contains some basics and two loot rolls each (one from each locker).
Regular and masterwork versions of all of the following:
Weapons: Short swords, short spears, spears, light crossbows, heavy crossbows, double heavy crossbows, hand crossbows, bolts, arrows, shortbows, longswords, and gauntlets.

Armor: Padded armor, leather armor, studded leather armor, chainshirts, bucklers, light steel shields, and tower shields.

Also, this room has: Gnome Hooked Hammer (MW), Greatsword (MW), Handaxe (MW), Dagger (MW), Two-Bladed Sword (MW/MW)

AND
Scroll of Sanctuary, Potion of Mage Armor, Scroll of Mount, Blight Stone (M153), Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds, Potion of Gat's Grace, and a Scroll of Protection from Energy (Acid)

Also, there are eight lockers and four of us. The DC to find items is 10 + the items' effective level. Each locker can hold up to three items. We each get a +7 bonus to finding these items. No single item may have a level higher than 4th (max 1300 gp value). So the highest bonus the lockers can get is +9.

Example: Erath's first check will be to find a Cognizance Crystal (1 PP) [4th], a Healing Belt [3rd], and a Dorje of Bestow Power (10c) [4th] would be against a DC of 17 (two 4th level items is equivalent to a 5th or 6th level item; 6th in this case (cost appropriation). The 3rd level item, because it is not matched, bumps it up to a 7th level Cache.)

cameronpants
2013-10-18, 12:48 AM
Erath straps on his new gauntlets, flexing his fingers in the unfamiliar metal sheaths. He spies a few crystal-tipped rods in one locker; the other contained pink-skin mementos and photos. He turns to face his monstrous allies and smiles.

"I know a few things about prisons. I used to work in one, in my youth, before joining the militia. They know we've escaped, and that we could potentially pose a threat. That woman- Bella- who evaded us... she took part in destroying my homestead. Murdered my family. She is a capable soldier- but that was long ago. Her presence here leads me to believe she may be a captain of the guard of sorts. And that she is out means she has notified others of our presence. This, being a detention facility, means it is on lock-down. We are unlikely to escape by traditional means. This, too, limits our choices. There is unlikely to be many more guards on security detail- in all likelihood, only a few elite soldiers have remained behind to deal with us. Most likely by ambush, also likely by use of magic. Regarding the other inmates- they are all likely under lock and key. Those who remained in general population, like so many of our goblinoid brethren, have likely been slaughtered. Better to end their lives than to risk us releasing them. They follow the strong, after all, and now that is us. We should be constantly vigilant against potential ambush areas. We should spread out so as to not have all of us fall prey to the inevitable attack. We need to find the resources and means of escape. And we must do this all without being killed or recaptured."

Erath eyes his three comrades, and sniffs deeply. His eyes are grave, but belie an arrogance deeply rooted in his soul. "Let us continue- we shall retrace our steps. I am confident I can find the way back to our cells. From there, we may be able to enlist the surviving inmates. We will no doubt face adversaries on the way. Jaxo, you and Hakkaaa take point. Your mobility upon the walls an in the air will help you avoid detection and counterstrikes. Karsos and I will be the diversion; loud, attempting to attract attention. We will slaughter the pink-skins that dare stand their ground."

Erath leads the group back to the catwalks, and eventually to the south west exit. He steps through, ushering Jaxo and Hakkaaa ahead.

Map Updated. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjCWAi_SBwdSdDFBemJHdnNJSzVEblNmRjhCVnlre mc&usp=sharing)
Dark Blue are double doors. We came from the far right set, the ones on an angle. We went through the bottom-left exit from the Star Walk.
The Light Blue are where we came from- magically sealed doors.

Everyone make Spot and Listen checks.

Erath's: Spot: [roll0] Listen: [roll1]

[roll2] For current use

Eonas
2013-10-18, 01:24 AM
Hakkaaa silently does as told, keeping his eyes and ears peeled for any possible enemies:
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

JanusJones
2013-10-18, 06:48 AM
Jaxo's serpentine head is split by a grin. He c0cks his head sideways, his slitted eyes bird-bright.

"Escape? I an' I 'ere to kill pink-skins. I an' I give my life to see 'dem dead."

He ducks back into the locker he opened and rummages a bit more before emerging.

He focuses for a moment, and the steely scales encasing his chest lose their shine, then fall to the floor. Shaking himself, he holds up his hands, and his sharp claws slowly grow, taking on a steely color, as his skin begins to shift colors subtly. When he is done, his skin, chameleon-like, blends into the dungeon walls.

Taking the liberty of shifting my soulmelds - technically, this is suposed to be a matter of 8 hours rest, but I figured y'all wouldn't mind. Holler if you would.

Erath, I think you should be able to regen some power points. This is the closest we get to a rest, right?

He shrugs on a fine mesh mail shirt and straps a dark wooden buckler set with a small, dimly glowing orange crystal into place. He pulls on a supple pair of crocodile-skin boots, and around his neck he hangs a tiny hourglass of steel.

He leaps to the wall and chases Hakkaaa out of the room.

Spot: [roll2]
Listen: [roll3]

Plerumque
2013-10-18, 07:44 AM
Karsos frees himself of his dented armor and kicks his rusted sword into a corner, donning a suit of well-made leather armor and wrenching an intricately carved longsword from the wall, plus a heavy shield near as large as him that he still picks up with ease. Finally, he splits open a chest to find a shortswod, a dusty potion, and two surprisingly large and stiff feathers. "Know what these are?"

Listening to Erath's brief speech, he nods again and follows him to the door, hefting his shield and buckling his sheath into place. "Blood shall flow."

cameronpants
2013-10-18, 02:43 PM
The hall is empty. Nobody hiding along the shadowed recesses of the hallway, no group of guards strutting forward. The silence rings in your ears, and only your breathing is audible.

However, Hakkaaa and Jaxo get the impression they are not alone a scant second before the great creature rounds the corner. A manticore, walking slowly, rounds the corner. A rider perches on a customized saddle. Both manticore and guard are looking over their shoulder, back the way they had come- they do not spot the monsters in their path.

Surprise round!

GB [roll0], GB [roll1], AO [roll2]
SS [roll3], [roll4], [roll5], [roll6], [roll7], [roll8]

[roll9], [roll10], [roll11]

Init: [roll12]

Map Updated (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjCWAi_SBwdSdDFBemJHdnNJSzVEblNmRjhCVnlre mc&usp=sharing)

JanusJones
2013-10-18, 04:07 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Jaxo curses softly in Draconic, then snaps a volley of spikes from his tail. The flames die before they strike home.

Closing to skirmish distance as a partial = bad move.

Manticore = WE LOSE. Getting scared! Could assassinate rider, but no guarantees the Manticore will be friendly!

Using the cloak's power (2/day remaining) to get an extra d6 each on this round.

Here goes - shooting my totem animal:

Hit 1:[roll1]
Damage 1:[roll2]
Hit 2:[roll3]
Damage 2:[roll4]

cameronpants
2013-10-19, 09:27 AM
Jaxo's spines hit the manticore squarely in the jaw, and it spins to face its attacker. The rider gives a yelp at the unexpected movement, and fumbles for the reins momentarily. He begins to knock an arrow in a large horseman's bow that is clasped to the saddle, but the jerking motion of the surprised manticore delay his reactions.

Erath, walking slowly, burns through thoughts, spinning them through his mind like a panorama. He looks deep into his mind and it looks back- for a moment, he feels invincible.

Manifesting Vigor for 2 PP + Talented. 15 temp hp. Taking a 5ft step.

Yeah, I figured that, for now, if recovering all PP takes 45 minutes, then 45/Max PP gives me how many minutes it takes to recover one single PP. It's roughly 4 minutes per power point, and it's been over 16 since he used any, so there we go.

I'll give it about a day, but I'd like to push things along, so if Eonas doesn't post I will make him take an action or two.

And come on- four of us on two of them? Manticore's only CR 5. We'll be fiiiiiine.

Plerumque
2013-10-19, 12:05 PM
Karsos slips around the corner of the hallway and rushes forward until he is near the manticore, then swinging his shield forward and crouching behind it, inching forward in preparation for a strike.

Double move to BI25 and use the tower shield to give me total cover. Switching into Martial Spirit stance.

cameronpants
2013-10-20, 02:04 AM
Hakkaaa eyes the manticore warily, and grabs a potion from his bag. He drinks the sticky substance quickly, sheathing his body in an ambient blue haze.

Drinking a Potion of Mage Armor.

Hakkaaa then springs into motion, covering the distance in a moment with his powerful wings. He comes to rest next to the great beast and slices into it with reckless abandon.

Moving adjacent to the Manticore, BI-23.
Initiating Wolf Fang Strike on the manticore.
MW Shortsword: [roll0], Damage [roll1]
MW Dagger: [roll2], Damage [roll3]

To Hit: 1 bab, 8 dex, 1 size, 1 bless, 1 enhancement
Damage: base, +8 dex, -2 str

Erath sprints at the manticore, sliding to a halt in front of it.

Triple move to BH-24

The rider drops the bow, arrow half knocked, draws a longsword, and attacks Hakkaaa. The manticore takes its cue and snaps at the winged goblin with its powerful jaws while slashing at the hobgoblin monk with its claws. It then backs up, rearing, attempting to purchase maneuvering room.

Guard attacks Hakkaaa: [roll4] vs AC 23, Damage: [roll5]
Manticore bites Hakkaaa: [roll6] vs AC 23, Damage: [roll7]

Manticore claws Erath: [roll8] vs AC 23, Damage: [roll9]
Manticore claws Erath: [roll10] vs AC 23, Damage: [roll11]

Map Updated (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjCWAi_SBwdSdDFBemJHdnNJSzVEblNmRjhCVnlre mc&usp=sharing)

Round 2: Karsos and Jaxo each have a turn

cameronpants
2013-10-20, 02:07 AM
YEEOUCH!

Hakkaaa's confirmation:
[roll0], Damage [roll1]

Manticore's confirmation:
[roll2], Damage [roll3]

Hakkaaa's shortsword digs deep into the manticore's shoulder, scoring a leather-tough artery therein. Blood sprays from the wound as Hakkaaa yanks the skewer free, stabbing just below the same wound with his dagger, drawing a feral cry of anger and pain from the great spined beast.

It lashes out with renewed fury, the assault of talong and paw driving Erath to his knees, knocking the wind out of him. Pale red blood sprays from the hobgoblin's chest, coating the wall to his left.

JanusJones
2013-10-20, 08:52 AM
Jaxo hits the floor with a sudden and impressive burst of speed. Rolling like a dervish, he comes skidding to a halt to whip his tail over his shoulder!

This time, the spines flare up and strike true!

Jumping to the floor and moving to BG 28!

Attack 1: [roll1]
Damage 1: [roll2]
Attack 2: [roll3]
Damage 2: [roll4]

Plerumque
2013-10-20, 09:02 AM
Karsos roars, swinging himself up from his crouching position and sprinting with inhuman speed towards the manticore. He drops the tower shield in front of his injured comrade as he leaps forward, gripping his longsword with both hands as he slams it with righteous fury into the beast who dared to harm his comrades.

Switching to using the tower shield regularly again, moving to BH23, dropping the tower shield in front of Erath in case he wants to switch to a more defensive option, and attacking the manticore, Power Attacking for 1. If I hit, I'll direct the two points of healing from Martial Spirit to Erath.

cameronpants
2013-10-20, 10:18 AM
One of Jaxo's spikes finds purchase, and the creature screams in futile fury. It rears to strike again, and Erath, Hakkaaa, and Karsos, arriving to the melee, can see the beast's wounds mysteriously closing. Karsos's sword drops like lightning, severing the manticore's left wing and limb from its body. It shudders and wobbles, crashing to the ground as the explosion of lifeblood surges from its severed arteries. The rider is sent sprawling, tumbling to the ground by Erath and Hakkaaa.

Without trading a glance, Hakkaaa adopts a new stance and sweeps forward in tandem with Erath, and they both strike with certainty.

Erath:
Use [roll0] of these attacks.
[roll1], Damage [roll2]
[roll3], Damage [roll4]
[roll5], Damage [roll6]
[roll7], Damage [roll8]

Hakkaaa:
[roll9], Damage [roll10]

The rider is slammed and stabbed by the goblinoids. Wimpering, he weakly holds his arms up.
"Parley! Surrender! Please don't kill me! I can help! Please!"
As the pink-skin begs, the monsters notice his wounds closing. The feeling of being watched returns, and the monsters suddenly have the impression someone else is in the hallway.

Plerumque
2013-10-20, 11:42 AM
Karsos bends and picks up his great shield again, examining the hallway out of the corner of his eye.

Spot: [roll0]. Is Bella a mage or a warrior, by the way?

cameronpants
2013-10-20, 06:01 PM
Erath pants heavily, staring at the guard, teeth exposed in a frown. Slowly it shifts into a smile, and he addresses the guard.
"Very well, human. On your stomach so we can bind you."
The guard sputters thanks, and rolls over. Without a moment's pause, Erath descends knee-first onto the guard's back, trapping his arms there. He then immediately begins repeatedly slamming the pink-skin's head into the ground.

Hakkaaa and Karsos hear soft chanting nearby, some dozen paces north of them. They are both struck with the sense there is an invisible being there.

Effectively out of combat rounds, mostly just exposition. Might not get to post again until late tonight, but Karsos and Hakkaaa find nothing. The manticore/rider are effectively a treasure trove, granting us one of the following at no check:
One 3rd level item
Two 2nd level items
Four 1/2 and/or 1st level items in any combination

We also gain 1375 xp each, which levels us to 3rd level.

As a side note, I'm gonna have to increase the tactical superiority of our encounters. Just sayin'.

And the guard is killed by Erath (which I've always pronounced 'wrath').

cameronpants
2013-10-21, 12:53 AM
"That felt good." Erath says cheerily. He searches the some pouches on the man's body, and then in the bled-out manticore's saddle bags. He removes a scroll case with a crystal dangling from it- obviously the rider had no idea the mineral was imprinted with psionic energy.

Erath reads the scrolls located in the case, and pulls away feeling wiser and content. He watches his allies search the corpses and pull free whatever scraps they could scavenge- using the Griffon's own talons against it was proving to be vastly satisfying.

"There are two routes. North, through that door, or continuing West with the corridor. I propose north- I feel confident about retracing our steps to the cell block we were held in." Erath shivers at the memories of torture he endured as the Order questioned him about the whereabouts of his tribe. He stutters for a moment, then adds in Goblin "Though I never want to see it again, it seems, even though it is tactically superior. Fine," he switches back to common, "we will head West, and find our own path. And if we cannot find one... we make one."

Shaking the dark thoughts from his head, Erath focuses his mind, manifesting in new, innovative ways to better protect himself. My, he learned fast; the boon from Maglubiyet was proving to be exceptional.

Even though I spoke it, I'm gonna roll random for which way we take from now on. Unless someone (anyone) vetoes and makes a decision. This will be more fun to decide where to go! 1=North, 2=West. [roll0]

Using Linked Power Metapsionic feat with a very loose reading to allow myself to exceed the maximum unique powers per day of an Erudite, but in a self-limited way: to have it not count, it must use a minimum of my manifester level -1 in PP. That way, it is still limiting, but doesn't screw me over for the entire mission.

JanusJones
2013-10-21, 06:17 AM
Jaxo spends a few moments at the tail of the manticore. When he finishes, bloody spikes hang, knotted into cord, as a gruesome and primitive fetish about his neck.

cameronpants
2013-10-22, 11:23 PM
The monstrous companions work their way around down the hallway, passing the obviously-sealed stone door that lead to their holding cells and torture rooms. The hallway turns easy and they come to a set of double doors.

Karsos and Erath position themselves each in front of a door. They wait for Jaxo and Hakkaaa to get into position, then burst through, kicking the doors nearly off their hinges. On the other side of the now-ruined entrance, a room is seem. Statues of great heroes from human history line the room, with spears and shields held in heroic poses. In the center of the room, on the floor, is an intricate binding circle, layered with years of magical expertise. Dangling some thirty feet off the ground, right above the binding circle, is an adamantine cage. It is held up by a pulley system, whose wheel to let it descend is located at the far end of the room, behind a raised dais. The dais has multiple levels, slowly peaking at the center like a pyramid. A throne of iron and wood stands upon the tallest point. The room is empty of life, but does not feel empty in any way.

Okay. The pink/yellow/gold is the binding circle. Knowledge (The Planes), (Arcana), (Religion), and Spellcraft to identify different parts. Decipher Script on the runes can work, too, and Read Magic will reveal something else.

The green 2x2s are statues. The gray at the left-hand side is the dais with multiple levels. The darker, the higher. Each is between 2 and 4 feet higher, with steps to reach each additional tier. The darkest gray in the center is the massive throne level. The purple mark is where the wheel is to descend the cage.

JanusJones
2013-10-23, 06:24 AM
Jaxo takes to the wall, clinging to the stone like an enormous anole and scurrying around to the crank. He pauses above it, uncertain.

"I an' I let it down, yes? Nothin' else 'ere 'dat I an' I can see."

He c0cks his head from side to side, slitted eyes bright.

Plerumque
2013-10-23, 07:36 AM
Karsos sneers at the statues, methodically making his way around the perimeter and smashing off their heads and limbs, till the intricately carved pieces lie in heaps of rubble around the room.

Using Mountain Hammer to maim the statues.

cameronpants
2013-10-23, 10:25 AM
Hakkaaa and Erath stay close to the door, watching for pursuers. They talk to each other, hushed, about being the chosen of the Great Tactician.

The statues crumble to Karsos' demolition-strikes. He gets through many of them, breaking knees and forcing them to topple, breaking chests and watching the yellow-green stone crack and fall.

Jaxo hears and sees nothing out of the ordinary- until he touches the wheel. Even before he turns it, the air in the room shakes ominously, and the five undisturbed statues begin to creak to life. Quite quickly, their attention is focused on the intruders in the room. Weapons brought up to ready, they seem ready to attack. They leap into motion, and a melee erupts.

Initiative:
Statues [roll0]
Erath: [roll1]
Karsos: [roll2]
Jaxo: [roll3]
Hakkaaa: [roll4]

The H green statues hold mighty hammers, and the S green statues have spears and shields. The Hammer Statues have great helmets and no visible faces. The Spear Statues have very detailed features and large, oversized jaws and mouths.

EDIT: I'm assuming that Jaxo pauses for a bit and decides to lower it. Nothing happens in the room. This is what allowed Karsos to semi- or totally-destroy seven of the statues before he did so.

Turn Order:
Erath, Hakkaaa
Statues
Jaxo, Karsos

cameronpants
2013-10-23, 11:07 AM
Erath quickly focuses his mind, attempting to foresee the actions of these obviously dangerous foes. He decides, in less than an instant, to empower himself before closing the distance with the nearest one.

Manifesting Vigor augmented by 1 PP Linked to a Synchronicity, total cost 3 pp and Expend Focus. Next round Synchronicity is manifested for free, granting me a standard action next round. Sharing both of those with my Psicrystal.

Move to AA-43.

Psicrystal fires off an Energy Ray (Cold) for 2 pp: Attack: [roll0], Damage [roll1]

cameronpants
2013-10-24, 03:16 PM
Hakkaaa takes wing and soars over to nearest stone and gold statue, passing the rushing hobgoblin. As he reaches the massive sentinel, he twists his sword as it spins through the air, bringing both it and the dagger down on the creature.

Hakkaaa moves to Z-44, and initiates Wolf Fang Strike.
Shortsword: [roll0], Damage [roll1]
Dagger: [roll2], Damage [roll3]

Also, he adopts the Island of Blades stance.

The statues surge into motion with surprising speed considering their mass. Two near the center have massive hammers for arms, and they lumber toward Erath and Hakkaaa, swinging mercilessly. A spear statue joins them, another heads for Karsos, and the last one hurls a massive, sharp spear at Jaxo perched upon the wall.

Hammer 1: Attack Erath [roll4], Damage: [roll5]

Hammer 2: Attack Hakkaaa [roll6], Damage: [roll7]

Spear 3: Attack Hakkaaa [roll8], Damage: [roll9]
Spear 3: Attack Hakkaaa [roll10], Damage: [roll11]

Spear 1: Attack Karsos [roll12], Damage: [roll13]
Spear 1: Attack Karsos [roll14], Damage: [roll15]

Spear 2: Throw Attack Jaxo [roll16], Damage: [roll17]

Map Updated (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjCWAi_SBwdSdDFBemJHdnNJSzVEblNmRjhCVnlre mc&usp=drive_web#gid=0)

JanusJones
2013-10-24, 03:28 PM
The statue's spear riccochets off the stone near Jaxo, and he snarls in response. Scuttling up the wall, he whips his tail back in a half-circle behind him.

Moving above the statues' reach.

Sigh - no skirmish.

Plerumque
2013-10-24, 03:32 PM
Karsos parries one blow and the other glances off his shield as he drives his blade deep into the statue, his rage granting the strike the force neccessary to penetrate deeply into the worn stone.

Initiating Mountain Hammer on the statue.

Damage: [roll1] plus [roll2], ignores all DR and hardness.

cameronpants
2013-10-24, 03:47 PM
Jaxo's first spike slides uselessly off the statue's scutum, but the second finds purchase on the creature's shoulder, dust and stone chips propelled to the ground. Karsos slams into the creature, sword taking a chunk out of its thigh the side of his head, and pushes the great guardian off his blade.

Erath unleashes a flurry of blows on the nearest statue, the same one who attacked him.

Synchronicity activates, and Erath chooses to assign Manifesting Vigor as the standard action to be delayed.
Adopt Punishing Stance as a swift action
5ft step to Z-43, then full attack with Flailing Strike
Use [roll0] of the following attacks, spending inspiration on the 1st attack roll, as well as the 2nd if it is made:

1. Attack [roll1], Damage [roll2]
2. Attack [roll3], Damage [roll4]
3. Attack [roll5], Damage [roll6]
4. Attack [roll7], Damage [roll8]

Erath's fists take off chunks of stone with each barrage, his attacks unending, vicious; the creature's leg is finally battered beyond hope and the creature falls, smashing into a hundred scraps.

Map Updated (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjCWAi_SBwdSdDFBemJHdnNJSzVEblNmRjhCVnlre mc&usp=drive_web#gid=0)

cameronpants
2013-10-24, 05:13 PM
The two Hammer Statues and one Spear Statue close in around Erath, attacking relentlessly, no trace of holding back. One of the statues lumbers up onto the dais and stabs at Jaxo who is at the edge of its reach. The final statue attacks Karsos with its spear.

Attacks on Erath:
[roll0], Damage [roll1]
[roll2], Damage [roll3]
[roll4], Damage [roll5]

Attacks on Karsos:
[roll6], Damage [roll7]
[roll8], Damage [roll9]

Attacks on Jaxo:
[roll10], Damage [roll11]
[roll12], Damage [roll13]

Erath's Psicrystal forgot to act last round; it was going to use its synchronicity to manifest Energy Ray on the statue for 2pp, which it will do so just before the hammer strikes. [roll14], Cold Damage [roll15]

If Eonas takes a hit that deals 15 or more damage (or once enough hits reach that target), he manifests his delayed Vigor. If not, he manifests it at the end of the enemies' turn. He manifests for 3 points, sharing with his Psicrystal.

Erath is pummeled by hammers, shields, fists, and spears. His planning worked perfectly- right after the first blow from the hammer rattled his teeth, his mind was prepared for the onslaught, and was largely absorbed by the psionic energies Erath wrapped around his body. He grabs the spear and pushes it away, ready to unleash his next barrage of attacks.

Outmatched? Pshaw.
Jaxo and Karsos up next!

Plerumque
2013-10-24, 05:33 PM
Karsos blocks both blows with his shield before striking out again with a vengeance. Too late, he sees his ally fall, and as his blow smashes through the statue he is already running.

Initiating Crusader's Strike on the statue, directing the healing towards Hakkaaa. If I kill the statue, moving to W43.

Healing: [roll2]

JanusJones
2013-10-24, 05:42 PM
I ain't sure about all 'dem psychic shennanigans - I say outmatched!

Jaxo nimbly dodges the spear, scurrying backwards up the wall to whip another volley from a safer vantage.

cameronpants
2013-10-24, 05:52 PM
The spear-wielding statue in combat with Karsos has its legs chopped clean off. Karsos lopes across the floor, angling toward the two statues still fighting his hobgoblin ally.

Jaxo's spines tear strips off the creature, and it looks ready to collapse.

In a moment of uncharacteristic lucidity, Erath attacks the hammer statue with a well-timed assauly, the warrior calculating vectors and force as his fist comes down on the statue.

Sapphire Nightmare Blade
Concentration: [roll0]
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] + [roll3]

Then Erath will slip away, tumble-style.
Tumble: [roll4]

cameronpants
2013-10-24, 09:11 PM
The statue focused on Jaxo turns its back to him, catching up with Karsos as he approaches another statue. Flanking him, they unleash a flurry of spear stabs.

The hammer statue follows Erath around the now-fully-descended cage, swinging a massive hammer down on his head.

Attacks on Karsos:
[roll0], Damage [roll1]
[roll2], Damage [roll3]
[roll4], Damage [roll5]
[roll6], Damage [roll7]

Attack on Erath:
[roll8], Damage [roll9]

Erath grunts as a solid hit from the massive hammer sends him sprawling. A tinny scream erupts in the room, coming from Erath's chest, somewhere inside his loose prisoner garb.

Plerumque
2013-10-24, 09:39 PM
Karso roars as he sees Erath stumble, lashing out with a flurry of fury-driven blows that push the statue back with their force.

Going into a Whirling Frenzy and attacking the nearest statue.

cameronpants
2013-10-24, 09:51 PM
Karsos' assault on the statue rends it asunder, sending its limbs sprawling. It crashes to the ground. Only two remain.

Jaxo's Turn. One more hit from his spine should destroy that statue.

JanusJones
2013-10-25, 12:31 AM
Jaxo hisses, a sibilant reptilian noise that comes deep from his throat. His eyes shine as one last barrage whips from his tail!

cameronpants
2013-10-25, 01:20 PM
The statue's magic ebbs away and it crumples. The final statue is chasing Erath around the cage. He speeds up, attempting to evade the impending attack. The statue turns about face and stalks back toward Karsos, swinging its hammer at him.

Erath dismisses Share Pain as a free action.
Erath makes a tumble check, DC 15: [roll0]
If fail, the statue gets an attack of opportunity:
[roll1], Damage [roll2]

Erath moves to V-41. If the AoO hit, he'll use a charge from his healing belt.
If it misses, he'll draw his crossbow as he is moving and fire a shot through the cage at the statue.

Attack on Karsos:
[roll3], Damage [roll4]

cameronpants
2013-10-25, 01:25 PM
Attack: [roll0], Damage [roll1]

Yay, crossbow attack!

The bolt pings off the inside of the adamantine cage, and the statue doesn't seem to register Erath as a threat.

Plerumque
2013-10-25, 01:42 PM
Karsos sneers at the statue's feeble blow, feeling the rage well up within him, and dropping the shield from his arm, he gives a flying leap towards the statue and unleashes a final, savage burst of strikes.

Dropping the shield and attacking the statue twice, wielding the longsword two-handed. Oh, and I forgot to apply the +4 bonus to Str last turn, so I'm rectifying that now. Also, Power Attacking for 3. I want this thing dead.

Also, +4 HP to Eonas from last turn, and +however many for this turn.

cameronpants
2013-10-25, 03:59 PM
The statue's hammer arm us severed, then a huge gash to its chest sends it spinning to the ground. Hakkaaa wakes up, feeling groggy and sore. His wounds seem to knot together, faster than what is normally possible.

Hakkaaa heals 4 last turn, 4 this turn. He wakes up.

Each statue was built around a power source: each one is a level 6-8 magic item. We each roll vs DC 17 with a +10 bonus. Should we fail, it is not an item we desired, but instead a random item.
[roll0]

Erath's roll: Circlet of Intellect +2
[roll1]

We each gain 1875 xp.

cameronpants
2013-10-27, 06:33 PM
Erath approaches Hakkaaa, checking his wounds.
"Comrade, you will survive this. Be still."

Erath focuses his mind, and releases it in a burst of power, covering himself and his psicrystal in translucent layers of energy. Slowly, they bleed off of Erath and into Hakkaaa, knitting his wounds together.

Refocusing (not gonna roll because we got time), then manifesting linked Vigor to Cure Light Wounds. He then repeats the process, and finishes up with refocusing again.

Total healed: [roll0]

Erath searches the room, ripping the statues apart. He finds an impressive array of items, and starts strapping them to his person.

Erath is going to hold on to the Bow of Wintermoon for now, ditching his shortbow. Who wants to carry the Lesser Demolition Crystal? It needs at least a +1 weapon to be slotted into- so far I believe that's Erath's new bow or Karsos's Greatsword.

Eonas
2013-10-29, 12:24 AM
Hakkaaa stands up groggily. Silently, he looks around hismelf to reevaluate the situation. When he realizes what happened, he nods in thanks to Erath, and goes to rip a statue apart himself.

Plerumque
2013-10-29, 06:50 AM
Panting as he lets go of the fury, Karsos comes to kneel by Hakkaa, cursing the gods for not granting his allies his own gifts and himself for not protecting them. As the goblin awakens, Karsos offers him a hand up before going to check the rubble himself, retrieving a pair of gleaming steel bracers and a silver amulet with a tear etched into the metal.

JanusJones
2013-10-29, 07:44 AM
Jaxo stretches, accommodating to the feel of his new gloves and boots.

"Which way next?"

cameronpants
2013-10-30, 04:47 PM
Erath glances around the room, then back towards the hallway they entered from.

"There must be a way out. Let us search this room- I do not wish to return to my cellblock any time soon."

Just going to assume we all aid another!

[roll0]

Aids:
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Looking up the Speak Authoritatively rules, going to play with using Search to find a secret door.

JanusJones
2013-11-03, 09:47 AM
"What you fine', frien'?"

Jaxo scurries up the wall, checking crevices, before circling back.

"These sof'skins hide in 'dey holes like mice."

cameronpants
2013-11-04, 06:55 PM
The group of monsters search the walls and stage for any concealed passages or hidden compartments. Karsos happens upon a button near the right armrest of the throne. Pushing slides a section of wall open, revealing a hallway beyond.

The monsters enter and proceed into the adjacent passage. The hall travels north and west from the secret escape route, and various doors are in sight.

Where do we want to go?

cameronpants
2013-11-06, 12:06 PM
The door opens into a small room with a balcony edge. It overlooks the common area for one of the lower security prison areas. The lower room, some fifteen feet down, is filled with a swarm of prisoners and is surrounded by armed guards; many with crossbows, some with full armor. They are all poised and ready, aiming their intent on the prisoners.

Alrighty. Door opens into a balcony. There are racks of double crossbows and shortbows in here. It overlooks the common area for one of the lower-security wings of the prison. None of us were here- this is for even more useless monsters than we used to be.

We are on the southern balcony, overlooking the entire floor. The staircase is uncovered, but fenced on all sides. The yellow letters are prisoners (three Hobgoblins (H), seven Kobolds (K), 12 Goblins (G), and Nine Orcs (O).) The burgundy letters are guards- three sets of 8 Crossbowmen (C), and three individuals who look like officers wearing Full Plate armor and holding tower shields and bastard swords (F). The prisoners are being calm, not unruly at all. Some are looking around fearfully, but most are staring at the ground. The crossbowmen all seem ready to fire at a moment's notice.

Spot checks are required.

For now, we'll treat it as a surprise round with the PCs going first unless we do something very very stupid.

Erath surveys the scene and hefts the crossbow he carries. It was nicer than the others in the room, but grabs a few bolts and places them in the small quiver at his hip.

"We should help them. I don't know how; they're under orders to execute, it seems, and any attempt from us will lead to a slaughter. Any ideas, comrades?"

JanusJones
2013-11-07, 08:52 AM
Jaxo, perched on the wall, hisses.

"We still live. Faessi sventari! 'Dem pay for 'dis."

Draconinc: "cowardly killers!"

He controls his anger, and his yellow eyes gleam.

"I an' I can keel maybe two at once. It won't be enough. We need to fine' a way to keel all 'dem bowmen in one blow if we wan' give our people a fightin' chance."

Plerumque
2013-11-07, 05:10 PM
"I can kill two as well, most likely," Karsos rumbles, analyzing their armor and grouping with a quick eye. "It won't be enough. But... wait." He withdraws a long feather from his belt. "I can feel the magic in this, buzzing at my fingertips and waiting to be unleashed. It is potent indeed. Have any of you ever seen such a thing? I have two." He carefully hands the feather to Erath.

Look at these two Quaal's Feather Tokens I happen to have on my person!

cameronpants
2013-11-08, 11:36 AM
"Hmm... I can guess as to their function. Being the chosen of Maglubiyet has granted me troves of information and knowledge of the arcane and psionic. These may spawn trees wherever they are thrown. Perhaps on the ceiling, fifty or so feet above them, so as to surround them in the foliage of the upper branches?"

Erath hefts the feather in his hand and eyes the ceiling. "It may, however, be a difficult throw. Perhaps bound to the end of a crossbow bolt?"

JanusJones
2013-11-09, 04:39 PM
"I an' I can creep aroun' to flank 'dem." Jaxo looks down from his perch on the wall, a look of scorn in his reptilian eyes. "'Dem gonna' 'ave a 'ard time 'ittin' I an' I."

"Ready ya-selfs - use 'de magic an' prepare. When I an' I in position, us fiyah as one."

Swift action - shift 1 essentia from tail to Kruthik Claws for a +2/+2 to Hide and MS.

Moving at 1/4 speed around the ceiling, staying out of line of sight if possible. Expecting the ones down below aren't looking up, but at their prisoners.

cameronpants
2013-11-10, 03:42 PM
Karsos and Erath fire their crossbows when Jaxo is in position. The trees plant firmly in the ceiling and sprout in a matter of moments. The first surrounds the prisoners in a thick inverted canopy of leaves and foliage, preventing the crossbowmen to get a bead on their targets. the second creates a barrier between the western and southern groups of pink-skins.

That was a surprise round. Assume all PCs go first. Hakkaaa gets to make an action during surprise too.

Before firing, Erath buffs for a few moments.

Map Updated. (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjCWAi_SBwdSdDFBemJHdnNJSzVEblNmRjhCVnlre mc&usp=sharing)

To act: Hakkaaa in surprise, all PCs for 1st round.

Erath bursts into motion, dropping the crossbow and leaping from the balcony. He swiftly moves across the ground, roaring as he goes, and attacks the closest crossbowman with a battlecry.

Tumble to ignore fall damage [roll0].
Initiating Sapphire Nightmare Blade. Concentration vs DC 13 [roll1].
Attack roll: [roll2] (Adding 2 from Improvisation)
Damage: [roll3] + [roll4] from Sapphire

Erath's punch snaps the pink-skin's neck, his body dropping like wet meat. The other soldiers turn to stare, jaws dropped, as the hobgoblin prepares for another exchange.

JanusJones
2013-11-10, 05:13 PM
Jaxo scampers across the wall, claws throwing up small chunks of masonry behind him. He snarls a battle curse, calling out to his brethren:

"Itrewic vhira! Yth geou svent wer seltur moliki!"

His tail swings wide, hurling bolts of flame at his foes!

Draconic: "Get down! We will kill the soft skins!"

I was looking to sneak on the ceiling to behind the far group - above the heads, 30 ft. up, of the group near Z18, actually. Would it be all right to be in that location?

Combat Actions:

First, when I hit right above their heads:

Swift action to shift 2 essentia into Jaxo's tail for 2 spikes.
Readied action: attack with tail against a SINGLE crossbowman (AA19), without Skirmish (standard action in surprise round, at the same time the boys fire their trees).

Confirm Attack 1: [roll2]
Confirm Damage 1: [roll3]

Attack 2: [roll4]
Damage 2: [roll5]

Confirm Attack 2: [roll6]
Confirm Damage 2: [roll7]

Next, in ROUND 1:

Move action to scuttle 10 ft. sideways to Y18 (Climb roll auto 28).
Chucking spikes (1 each at TWO crossbowmen):
Attack 1 (Z19): [roll8]
Damage 1 (Z19): [roll9]

Confirm Attack 1 (Z19): [roll10]
Confirm Damage 1 (Z19): [roll11]

Attack 2 (Y19): [roll12]
Damage 2 (Y19): [roll13]

Confirm Attack 2 (Y19): [roll14]
Confirm Damage 2 (Y19): [roll15]

Eonas
2013-11-10, 06:12 PM
Hakkaaa flaps towards the nearest undamaged Crossbowman. His sword flickers and splits into two seemingly identical copies of itself, and he plunges it into the Crossbowman's body.

Island of Blades, if I didn't already have it.

Shadow Blade Technique, [roll0] (probably flanking)
[roll1]
Damage: [roll2] (I just realized that Shadowblade doesn't replace your str score for purposes of damage, it only adds Dex. Whoops.)
Cold damage: [roll3]

Whoa, maximum possible damage.

Plerumque
2013-11-10, 07:29 PM
Karsos leaps off the balcony, smashing into the ground and sending hairline cracks running through the stone. He draws his sword and runs it through one crossbowman with a feral cry, then whirls and slashes at another.

Shifting into Iron Guard's Glare, moving to AF31, and initiating Crusader's Strike on one. Assuming he dies and using Cleave on another. If that's wrong I'll edit. Power Attacking for 3 and not wielding shield.

Falling Damage: [roll0]

Damage: [roll2]
Healing (directing it towards myself): [roll3]

Attack: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]

cameronpants
2013-11-11, 04:12 PM
The human soldiers organize in a flurry, shouting orders and alerts as they fall into a practiced formation.

The two northern groups unleash a deadly wave of crossbow bolts on Jaxo, clinging to the wall above their heads. The armored officers are shouting orders, providing clear directions to the teams.

The southern group, facing down against three of the monsters, have their officer dash forward, shouting orders as he goes. They, too, fire crossbow bolts at the offending prisoners.

Okidoki.
Thirteen crossbow bolts at Jaxo, two at Hakkaaa and two at Erath.
They need a 20 to hit (+5 total modifier)
Vs Jaxo [roll0]
Vs Hakkaaa [roll1]
Vs Erath [roll2]

After this, it is the PCs' turns.

Erath steps forward and unleashes a flurry of punches at the armored officer giving orders.

[roll3] of the following attacks:
(First attack to hit gets Inspiration to Damage. First two attacks get 2 points from Improvisation. If only 1 attack is used, save 2 Improvisation)
1: [roll4], Damage [roll5]
2: [roll6], Damage [roll7]
3: [roll8], Damage [roll9]
4: [roll10], Damage [roll11]

The armored marshal is pulverized by Erath's two hammering punches, his body clattering to the floor with a puff of dust.

JanusJones
2013-11-11, 04:47 PM
Jaxo snarls as the wave of bolts breaks like a stormwave about him, sending shattered bolts raining down. Only one finds purchase in his shoulder, where blood begins to drip and spatter on the stone beneath his perch.

He launches himself sideways, scrabbling lizardlike across the wall, his tail flicking forth to launch another round!

Crit confirm vs. AC 26, please, and damage roll.

Move action to AA 18, staying 15 ft. up and out of reach.
Launching another round of attacks - these at Y20 and 20:

Attack 1 (Y20): [roll0]; crit confirm [roll1]
Damage 1 (Y20): [roll2]; crit damage [roll3]
Attack 2 (Z20): [roll4]; crit confirm [roll5]
Damage 2 (Z20): [roll6]; crit damage [roll7]

Plerumque
2013-11-12, 05:36 PM
Karsos strides forward, the bones of the broken corpses crunching at his feet before he hurls himself back into the fray, blade flashing and darting.

Move to AE28 and attack the guards within reach. Still Power Attacking for 3.

Eonas
2013-11-12, 06:07 PM
Wolf-like, Hakkaaa makes an aerial pounce and tears his sword and dagger through the nearest guard's body.

AE28, Wolf Fang Strike.
Sword: [roll0] Dmg: [roll1]
Dagger: [roll2] Dmg: [roll3]

cameronpants
2013-11-12, 10:32 PM
Jaxo drops two more, just as Karsos, Erath, and Hakkaaa each cut one down to size.

The pinkskins continue their barrage on Jaxo, clinging to the wall. The commanders call out something amidst the battlecries and two crossbowmen split off from the west-most group of soldiers and sprint through the western door.

The southern crossbowmen, seeing the end nearing, fire at the advancing Orog, witnessing the brutal, terrifying efficiency of his strength. Meanwhile, slightly to the north, another wave of bolts are fired at Jaxo.

Some crossbowmen shift position.
Still on 20s. [roll0] Versus Jaxo
Still on 20s [roll1]

Erath steps forward and unleashes a flurrious (haha) assault on the remaining crossbowmen.

[roll2] of the following attacks. Inspiration on the first successful attack's damage roll. If I deal more than 12 damage, the remaining attacks go on to the next soldier.
1: [roll3], Damage [roll4]
2: [roll5], Damage [roll6]
3: [roll7], Damage [roll8]
4: [roll9], Damage [roll10]

Yet to act: Jaxo, Hakkaaa, Karsos

Erath's attacks hang wide and miss outright. He retains a spark of inspiration, however, and vows that his next attack will kill a man.

JanusJones
2013-11-13, 08:16 AM
As arrows clatter uselessly to the cobbles, Jaxo barks a short, harsh laugh, bloodlust in his slitted eyes.

He dashes across the wall, tail arching and striking over his shoulder, spitting flames and death!

Scuttling sideways 10 ft. to Y18, staying 15 ft. up.
X20 and W20 are getting it.

Attack 1 (X20): [roll0]; crit confirm [roll1]
Damage 1 (X20): [roll2]; crit damage [roll3]
Attack 2 (W20): [roll4]; crit confirm [roll5]
Damage 2 (W20): [roll6]; crit damage [roll7]

Note: revised crit damage to leave out Skirmish. My bad!

Plerumque
2013-11-13, 05:26 PM
Karsos charges forward, smashing through the brush and reemerging next to his comrade, glaring at the advancing soldiers.

Double move to AA19. You guys can take care of those two.

Eonas
2013-11-14, 09:01 PM
Hakkaaa slashes at the crossbowman nearest him, with almost casual grace. There was no need to expend too much of his strength fighting a nearly-dead and outnumbered guard.

No maneuvers, just hacky-slashery.
[roll0]
Dmg: [roll1]

cameronpants
2013-11-15, 03:36 PM
Crossbowmen drop like flies, armor and weapons clattering to the floor. Guttural yells and shouts can be heard from inside the tree canopy- the prisoners are mobilizing, focusing their efforts on breaking their bonds.

The now nearly-destroyed unit turns their attention to Karsos, while the full one continues to attack Jaxo. The single remaining uninjured soldier fighting Hakkaaa and Erath takes a few steps back and, yelling like a maniac, fires again. His ally does so as well [In OOC].

6 on Jaxo [roll0]
3 on Karsos [roll1]
1 on Erath [roll2]

Only 20s hit. Confirmations in OOC if they occur.

Erath's attacks:
[roll3] of the following. Inspiration on first attack roll.
1. Attack [roll4], Damage [roll5]
2. Attack [roll6], Damage [roll7]
3. Attack [roll8], Damage [roll9]
4. Attack [roll10], Damage [roll11]

Erath drops the final pinkskin, spitting as his fists rain down on the falling corpse.

JanusJones
2013-11-15, 06:06 PM
Jaxo scurries as the arrows shatter against the stone and ricochet off his armor. He snarls with fierce joy, yellow eyes wide, at the frightened faces of the shrinking crossbowmen.

"l'gra wer jesk di wer thesekar, pink molik vilklviri - vur xikin jacion mrith dout riveki!"

And again the hail of death falls upon his foes.

Draconic: (http://draconic.twilightrealm.com/) "Fear the fang of the watcher, pink-skinned worms - and pay him with your corpses!"

Staying 15 ft. up, moving to W18.
W19 and X20 will take the hits.

Attack 1 (W19): [roll0]; crit confirm [roll1]
Damage 1 (W19): [roll2]; crit damage [roll3]
Attack 2 (X20): [roll4]; crit confirm [roll5]
Damage 2 (X20): [roll6]; crit damage [roll7]

Plerumque
2013-11-18, 10:12 PM
Karsos moves forward smoothly, cutting down the guard standing in his patch as he moves to the side of his ally.

Move to X19, eating the AoO, and attack Y19, Power attacking for 3.

Eonas
2013-11-19, 01:42 PM
In a moment, Hakkaaa is surrounded by a nimbus of darkness. He flies past the prisoners, his airborne feet grazing their heads. Still partially shrouded by the tree and his cloak of darkness, he then strikes at the guard.

Cloak of Deception, moving diagonally to X21, then attack.

cameronpants
2013-11-19, 07:28 PM
The kobold slays two more humans, and Karsos and Hakkaaa shred another two. The armored marshal, seeing the threat growing, yells to his troops.
"Fall back! Get to the security station! Go into full lock-down!" The soldiers do not hesitate, and the remaining soldiers fall back through the western door.

Erath approaches the final soldier, already wounded from Hakkaaa's gruesome strike, and glares coldly. "Looks to me like your kin have abandoned you. Lay down your weapon, tyrannous dog, and I may spare it."

Before waiting for an answer, Erath starts blindly swinging his fists, aiming roughly for the man's chest and throat.

[roll0] of these attacks. Inspiration on the first attack roll (I lost track if I have one or not, so I'll just pretend I do. Whatever.)
1. [roll1], Damage [roll2]
2. [roll3], Damage [roll4]
3. [roll5], Damage [roll6]
4. [roll7], Damage [roll8]

Erath's first swing connects with the man's sternum with a dull crack. The man stumbles back, pawing his chest with ragged, jerky movements. Dropping to his knees, the man goes blue-faced, then falls forward.

Whether or not we pursue immediately or remain here to loot/gear up our newfound allies, we gain 1575xp.

JanusJones
2013-11-19, 11:41 PM
Leaping from the wall, the kobold hits the ground rolling, springing up to a full-out sprint after his fleeing enemies, his lithe reverse-joint legs propelling him forward in a steely blur of scales. He skids to a halt in front of the double doors, crouched, and his bladed tail whips over his head, flinging flaming bolts into the open portal.

Tumble: [roll1]
50 ft. speed takes me to P23. If there are foes within 30 ft., they take 3d6+3; if within 60, it's 1d6+1.
If I level automatically ... it's three spikes, and they deal 5d6+3 a piece. Also, add +1 to hit. :smallcool:
Attack 1: [roll2]; crit confirm [roll3]
Damage 1: [roll4]; crit damage [roll5]
Attack 2: [roll6]; crit confirm [roll7]
Damage 2: [roll8]; crit damage [roll9]

cameronpants
2013-11-20, 12:42 AM
Jaxo approaches the doorway and fires two spines down the hallway. Two guards stand there, weapons ready, and the spines hit home- they return fire at the same moment, following up with a second shot before ducking around the north corner.

Shot 1: [roll0], Damage [roll1]
Shot 2: [roll2], Damage [roll3]
Shot 3: [roll4], Damage [roll5]
Shot 4: [roll6], Damage [roll7]

Pretty sure only 20s hit...

The Gs are where they were standing. They are no longer there.

JanusJones
2013-11-21, 01:52 PM
They didn't DIE? Man, they left some beefier troopers behind, huh?

cameronpants
2013-11-23, 10:27 AM
They didn't DIE? Man, they left some beefier troopers behind, huh?

They were further than 30ft away, and only took 1d6+1 damage. I just used your Crit damage; so they took like 2 and 4.

cameronpants
2013-12-17, 02:48 AM
As Jaxo considers following the pink-skins around the bend of the hallway ahead, Erath has leapt into action. He begins sytematically liberating the prisoners from their shackles, yelling orders and directions. He leads them off in a defensive formation to the stockroom nearby, spending some time gearing them up for the trials ahead.

Jaxo, Hakkaaa, and Karsos enjoy a short respite while the contingent of freed-men prepare themselves. As they return to the inverted tree room, the God-summoned no longer look at a rag-tag group of downtrodden, hopeless prisoners staring down a unit of crossbowmen- they now see a fully armed and armored force of barbaric avengers. Erath makes it known that the tree room is now their central headquaters, a place where they can fall back to whenever they find the need to do so. A small squad of archers and spearmen will remain behind to ensure a clean escape from any angle while the rest sets off to the east to attempt to free more prisoners. He returns to his friends and assures them they will continue their holy mission to destroy the Order of the Griffon.

We are now considered healed to full, full spells memorized and PP restored, with whatever buffs we want completely fresh. Fully locked and loaded.

"Which direction shall we pursue? North by north west, try to flush out the retreating soldiers?"

JanusJones
2013-12-17, 08:06 AM
"'Dey' had time to prepare for us, now. We need to do sumtin' to catch 'dem by surprise. Maybe we move in two units?"

Jaxo c0cks his head, birdlike, as he considers the freemen. "All us wan' to pay back what we owe. All us wan' see 'dem 'urt. But I an' I am sting of Steelscale - 'dese be builders. If dese our people goan' live, we should fin' 'dem a way out."

He turns his yellow eyes on Erath, Karsos, and Hakkaa.

"Us is chosen for 'dis. Us is strong for 'dis. Us kill an' die together for 'de people. Us climb. Someone need to carry on 'de people, and sing 'de songs of what us do here."

cameronpants
2013-12-17, 10:26 AM
Erath smiles a wide, razor-sharp smile, and nods slowly.
"Yes, comrade, we will find a way for these warriors to escape and begin anew. But before that, we need their help to liberate the rest of our allies. Once we escape this jail, we will ensure their egress to our homelands. Our fate does indeed await us in this tower, come what may."

JanusJones
2013-12-19, 08:07 AM
Jaxo looks thoughtful for a moment.

"My people live in 'de trees - 'dem is mos' suited to guard 'dis place. But many ways in an' out mean 'dis not so safe - even when us hides from sight. One good burn can kill a fores' ... us learned 'dis lesson well from 'de Order in the before." Jaxo's yellow eyes narrow at the recollection.

Using the updated web enhancement rules for kobolds, these guys get a +8 to Hide and Dex to Climb - they should be really hard to spot and hit in the trees, so hiding them there as a rear guard might be wise. Plus, though their +2 Dex, +1 nat AC, and +1 from size make them hard to hit, none of the armor fits them.

"Also, 'dis place have many ways in - also many out. Us should decide 'ow to run if us overtaken."

He grins then, saurian face lean and hungry.

"'Den, us go fa' 'dem soldiers what run away. Pay 'dem egg-crushers what 'dem owed."

Plerumque
2013-12-25, 11:58 AM
Karsos roams restlessly around the room, finding the prisoners wounded or unconscious and distributing potions, dripping the pearly liquid into the slack mouths of the few who have been rendered unconscious by their harsh treatment, and all the while gritting his teeth, fighting the urge to go charge after the fleeing soldiers and chop them into pieces and stomp the pieces into the ground. Eventually he returns to the main group.

"They deserve nothing but the worst of fates for what they have done to our people. One can only hope that they meet their justice burning in Hell."

Turning to Jaxo, he adds, "And you would have us plan a way to flee? I will see the death of every man, woman, and child in this place or die knowing that I never turned my face from the quest I have been given, never flinched from my fate. Perhaps your folk would not have it so?"

JanusJones
2013-12-25, 05:50 PM
Jaxo looks up at the fierce orc, his tiny frame surprisingly relaxed. His yellow eyes gleam as he replies, his tone innocuous and conversational.

"I an' I have chosen - the Watcher asked what was in my 'eart, an' 'dis ..." here his tail arcs menacingly over his back, "be my answer. But my life is mine to give - some may not be swords, but 'ammers and saws."

"'An if you 'tink if we keel 'dem 'ere 'dem nevah come back, 'den you 'tink 'de same way you fight: 'ard an' fast an' foolish. I an' I will see 'dem suffah, but 'dat pain be a short punishment if my people doan' grow strong. A dragon pay his debts, but him wise enough to know 'de bes' revenge be to outlive 'is enemies."

He points with his long, serpentine chin to the recuperating captives. "You spend 'de lives of you people like arrows fit to a bow. My people strong -'dem choose for 'dem selfs. In 'de en', 'de arrow lose to 'de plow. Us wait, us watch, us grow - and us never forget. If I an' I die 'ere witout making 'dem pay, my people pay 'dem - long aftah' 'dem forget us even here."

Here he grins, and a low, sibilant hiss accompanies his words.

"'Dem may forget I an' I, forget 'dem wrong us, but us pay 'dem jus' 'de same. If not 'dem, 'den 'dey children or 'dem children's children."

Plerumque
2013-12-25, 07:06 PM
Karsos tenses, fingers tapping the hilt of his sword, and then abruptly calms. "You are wrong, kobold," he replies serenely. "I would not have my people offer up the chance of yet another slaughter to the Griffons, but rather not have them involved at all. It will be my own hands that repay these wretches, not those of my children. I will not prolong justice another generation or more only so I can eke out another few short years of life. I accept my fate- I am already dead, in every way that counts, and I only try to make as much difference as I can before it catches up with me. You may be dead or may not be, but I know for sure that these innocents live now and I would have it that they continue to live, free of the burden of the duty I have been assigned. So no, Jaxo- my people are not arrows fitted to a bow, but nor are they pitfalls dug or traps built to catch our enemies once they let down their guard. They are orcs, and they will live the rest of their lives as orcs if I can have it so." He exhales slowly.

"And maybe that is beyond my power, and I accept that possibility, though I will fight such an outcome with every inch of strength in my body. But if I can free my people, they will live out their lives free of ever having to remember the horrors the Order has inflicted upon us, without knowing that they were repaid in equal measure. This is my oath, Jaxo."

JanusJones
2013-12-25, 07:18 PM
Jaxo straightens from his crouched posture on the ground. He draws the short blade that the orc gave him - a rusted dagger, little more than a beaten tang of metal with a pommel - and slits his palm.

The look in his slitted eyes is one of unmistakable respect.

"Vur sini - iejir di iejir, nomeno ui vi darastrix ui|ulph inglata."

Draconic: "... and mine - blood of blood, this is a dragon's promise."

"I an' I pledge my life along yours. Us war-brothers - I an' I offer my blood to seal it. Us fight till us die, or till us see all 'dem what wrong our people suffer and fall before us."

Plerumque
2013-12-25, 09:04 PM
Without hesitation, Karsos draws his own blade, keen-edged and gleaming to contrast with the kobold's blunted knife, and slashes a deep gash into his calloused palm. He echoes his compatriot's words in his own language as he presses his large hand against Jaxo's small and claw-tipped one.

"Afar Angathfark Ang Gijak-Ish, Doturog Jargza-Din Raka Zau Larfark Parhor T'i."

By the forge of my soul and the iron of my blood, bound to be buried or burned beside my brother here or farther on.
As the last syllable rings through the air, the healing magic flowing through the orc fuses the two cuts together. Karsos gives a toothy smile, satisfied, and in another few moments cuts the two hands apart with another sure stroke, watching the blood drip onto the stone.

"As sure as the blood that falls here is both our own, so is any blood spilled by our enemies. By both of our hands, we will see our oppressors fall, sure as the sun rises and the rain falls."

JanusJones
2013-12-26, 08:08 PM
When the massive, one-eyed orc began to bellow at the lithe kobold, the freemen fell into a nervous silence. When the dragonkin raised his deadly sting, there was an audible intake of breath as kobolds and orcs began eyeing one another, and the goblinoids began to make a subtle move to the sides.

When the two clasp their hands, blood dripping to the stones, the silence is nearly deafening.

The looks on the wondering faces of the freemen range from awe to disbelief, relief to confusion.

A cough breaks the silence. A kobold, his scales dull with age, hobbles forward.

"Wux yenta wux tepoha ocuirtor wer thesekar? Wux tepoha xkhat vi janikup harroc abhlek, vur sjek wux re vyth ternock ui|ulph jesk jaxo, hak yth wiilirk wux. Nomenes wux slathalin mrith re strangers ekess udoka, shar astahii re janikup vur j'nah, vur versvesh latali ekess slathalin ihk hesi xiekivi lae algbo lae asta kurjh. Nomeno ir ui juanth, shar jaci tepohaic nurti ocuirtor wer oath di vrantvrak isthasyi promised mrith vin outsider. Coi ui bvecko ekess ve, vur sjerit, coi ui algbo ihk wer tribe ekess oontanx persvek mishun korth tairais."
"you say you have seen the watcher? you have become a mighty hunter indeed, and if you are steel scale is|has fang tail, then we follow you. those you fight with are strangers to us, but they are mighty and fierce, and strong allies to fight for our people as well as their own. this one is old, but he has never seen the oath of egg brothers promised with an outsider. it is strange to me, and yet, it is well for the tribe to grow in such danger time."
He turns to Karsos and bows. His common is much more fluent than Jaxo's, and the accent is faint.

"If you be an egg-mate and battle-brother of this one, we are all of your tribe. I am eldest, and I see the wisdom of the Watcher in this one's oath."

He turns to the kobolds, who wait silently, heads tilted in avian interest.

"Tir tikil yenta thric ekess nomeno ir, svaust tepohaic slathalina ihk hesi tribe vur xurwka wer vrantvrak inglata mrith hesi isthasy?"
"Do any say no to this one, who has fought for our tribe and made the egg promise with our brother?"
There is a moment of pregnant silence, and then a small kobold boy breaks it with an excited yip. The rest slowly join, until the surviving kobolds cheer the huge orc.

A tall, rangy orc woman interrupts with a hoarse yell.

"Arright you lizards, pipe down!"

She swaggers forward. Her face is scarred but pretty, for an orc, and she is still young enough to bear. She eyes the kobolds with an air of disdain, then turns to Karsos, giving him a long look of appraisal.

When done, she nods.

"You're rough enough - and we all owe you, I'll give you that. If I make it out of here, I'll bear you strong sons if you take me, and proud to do it - any woman would be." She shakes her head, long dreadlocks swaying, and gestures to Jaxo.

"This one can fight, sure. But how can you trust him - or them?" With this, she raises a chin at the hobs and gobs, now muttering to the side and eyeing one another.

The kobolds, nervous, back away, eyeing the scene. The old kobold stands his ground.

cameronpants
2013-12-27, 12:07 PM
Erath watches with an intensity unseen by the kobolds and orcs. The act of bonding, the rites of brotherhood, were something Hobgoblins took very, very seriously. Erath tore his eyes away from the historic moment and let them creep across the dirty, wounded faces of his fallen brothers. He watched the other hobgoblins mouth the words, watched their eyes glisten in the torchlight, watched the inspiring words move their souls. Erath knew, merely from watching them see the Oaths, that their spirits were far from destroyed. They had been imprisoned, tortured, starved, beaten, and ridiculed- but the great warrior spirit was still roused within them.

As the kobolds and orcs stepped forward, each to lay their claim, Erath moved slowly, careful to avoid drawing attention, and began to circle towards his own brothers in arms. Some noticed and moved likewise, slowly drawing together into a group of hobgoblins.
"...But how can you trust him- or them?"
The hobs turn their heads to Erath as the orc's words accuse the goblinoids of being untrustworthy. Erath takes a breath and smiles.

"Orc matron, whose name is unknown to me, I greet you as sibling in arms." Erath places a hand to his chest and bows, a salute for soldiers. "We are an honorable people. We have never mastered the ways of strength or battle or bloodlust as your people have. We do not live by a code decided by the strong and swift, but rather the wise and perceptive. We are a warrior's people, and it is a spirit of camaraderie and respect that holds our tribes together. On this night, as witnessed by us all, kobold Jaxo and orc Karsos have sworn, by blood-oath, to unite as one Tribe. I, too, offer my title and name, Erath born of Iron, as a token of my fealty. I will pursue this goal until the last droplets of blood are spilled from the necks of the Griffons, and until that day I will fight with every ounce of strength within me. While noble are the goals to recover and rebuild, it is mine to slaughter the men who destroyed the namesake of my home."

Erath's eyes sweep over the hobgoblins. Each one stares straight ahead, at the orc female and the kobolds, mouthing the words Erath speaks, silently chanting.

"And so I lay my life for you, kobold Jaxo, orc Karsos," and then Erath adds, glancing at the winged goblin, "and goblin Hakkaaa. Brothers in arms and blood, until the Griffon flies no more."

Erath drops to his knee and cuts his palm, sending a few drops across the floor in front of him.

Eonas
2013-12-27, 03:54 PM
Hakkaaa was never one to speak first... or second, or third. But now he had heard his
companions' oaths, and he was ready to make his own. "I, Hakkaaa, Winged Air Goblin, pledge the assistance of my services. In the name of Maglubiyet, I swear that I shall not rest until the fall of the Order, and if I ever grow slack in this purpose, may death and the Nine Hells swiftly overtake me. I shall aid Karsos, Erath, and Jaxo in this task, and treat them as of my own flesh and blood." he says, in a whisper that carries as loudlly as a yell.

He flaps down, kneels beside Erath, and cuts himself in the same way as his companions, letting his blood pool with the others'. There's a pregnant silence, broken when a burly string-haired goblin cries "And we also!" His pledge is met by a communal yell of assent by the rest of the goblins.

"Now arise, companions, we have an Order to overthrow." Hakkaaa urges, taking flight once more.

JanusJones
2013-12-27, 04:23 PM
Jaxo grins, and lets out a slow, satisfied hiss - almost a purr. He raises a single clawed hand in salute to his companions and the assembled motley crew.

"'Dis be the new tribe - us be 'de Unbroken. Us four swear to see 'dis towah' burn or die 'ere. But you mus' carry on - all you together, as us fight together. You be 'de builders - us get you out, an' you build again. But 'dis time, you strong. Stay strong together." He places a hand on his brother, Karsos's, belt.

"Now us needs to think. Old one Zez is wise, so him lead dragonkin."

The burly female orc, clearly placated, nods assent. "I am Sheva, strongest of the orcs, here - I speak for my kind." A hard stare elicits grunts of assent from the orcs assembled.

A goblin darts from among his companions - small, blue, and knob-headed. "I'm Scab - I lead the gobs. When Maglubiyet speaks, his children listen." He darts his beady eyes back at the assembled goblins, thrusting out his chest. "Any you lot have anything to say about it?" He's met with cackles and hollers of approval, which puff his tiny chest out and put a swagger in his scamper as he moves to join the others.

A grizzled hobgoblin, scarred from many battles and missing his left hand, joins the others. He says nothing, merely nodding to Erath.

Zez speaks. "If it pleases 'de council of Unbroken, my people need no armor - our scales turn blows." He holds up a clawed hand and bares his teeth. "Also, we have 'dese. 'De weapons we can use best are crossbows. Jaxo is right - we can climb and hide in 'de leaves and give any fool humans who come here a fierce fight." He's met with yips of assent.

Sheva speaks next. "We're best up close - give us anything that takes two hands and a heavy arm to swing. We fit in these armors well enough, too, those of us who know how."

The hobgoblin nods. "I'm Kerth. I'll see to the arming of those who can fight - hobs and orcs alike. We've need of every able body, and I've served quartermaster to worse units than this." The certainty in his tone brooks no question, and Sheva seems mollified.

Scab pipes up: "Give us something to throw or shoot, and we'll make use of it!"

If we want to micro-manage this, let's figure out strategy. If not, I say we let the Tribal Council run things - set up a defense perimeter. We continue on as strikers, returning to supply them if necessary, possibly taking a few with us as runners - orcs to drag back equipment for the others, perhaps a fast runner who can run messages from the kobolds or gobs.

If we let them run things, then that frees us up to go find some trouble and kill it. Also, we can hunt an exit - I think our primary objective now should be breaking our people out, followed by the continued pursuit of our revenge.

Thoughts?

Plerumque
2013-12-27, 05:20 PM
Karsos lets out a slow breath, glad the conflict has been resolved. "I say we go and explore further, and return here soon to lead our people out of this pit. Kerth and the others can see to the equipping of the troops, and we can make sure there's nothing unexpected out there that could be dangerous. We can return soon with more weapons and armor and a much clearer idea of what we'll have to lead our people through."

JanusJones
2013-12-30, 12:44 PM
Jaxo lopes to the doors of the corridor down which the guards departed. He gives a quick motion of his head towards the darkness, reptilian face wrapped in a long grin.

"'Dem run from us - an' jus' 'tink. Now 'dem expectin' us to chase, waitin' down 'dere, 'tinkin' 'dem ready 'dis time, 'dat 'dis time be different. An' while 'dem waitin', 'dem 'tinkin' about all 'dat blood ... all 'dem friends dyin' all aroun' 'dem, and stinkin' water come out 'dey pink skin an' 'dem breathe faster ... an' 'dem watch 'de dark an' wait for us."

He barks a short yip of excitement.

"I an' I know 'de smart 'unter nevah do what 'de prey 'tinks him doin', but I an' I 'ate to 'tink of all 'dem poor sof' skins jus' waitin' fah us in 'de dark, ready to die."

He hefts his shield. "Let's go and send 'dem to join 'dey friends in whatevah 'ell 'dem believe in." His slitted eyes are wide with bloodlust.

cameronpants
2014-01-02, 02:33 PM
The goblinoids, orcs, and draconic kobolds work together, as one, and begin organizing sentry duty, guard rotation, and scouting parties. The Gods-touched comrades follow along the hallway the human crossbowmen retreated down.

Several doors are passed as the hallway turns north, and two more are apparent leading north; one from the hallway and one from an L-junction.

Erath walks north, heedless of the doors on his left and right, follows the passage to the East, and stops by the door leading north. He glances back at his allies and motions to the door. "The soft-skins may have had time to booby-trap their escape, or at least increase security. Perhaps we should continue with the care traps usually require."

cameronpants
2014-01-02, 11:29 PM
Erath approaches the door and scans it with his eyes, pulls out a small leather case he had scooped from the corpse of a guard, and gets to work searching for traps

[roll0] Search
[roll1] Disable Device if required.

Finding no traps, Erath prepares for what he envisions behind the door; a bloodbath, spurts of dark red pinkskin life-blood splattering the walls, ceiling. He shivers once and opens the door.

On the other side the light is dim. It opens into a large room of strange black stone. Every dozen paces stands a column of cloudy, gray glass-like material. They are about ten feet in diameter, and each one contains a motionless creature. Readily identifiable are a half-ogre with a crystal arm, a black-skinned illithid, a swarm of imps melded into one creature, and a yuan-ti. Many more are clouded over and the contents are unseeable. The room stretches north into darkness.

(Map updated later)

Plerumque
2014-01-05, 02:25 PM
Karsos steps cautiously forward into the room, hand protectively on the greatsword strapped to his back. He taps the glasslike substance encasing the illithid. "What sorcery is this? Some hall of prize kills for the 'monster slayers?' No one should be subjected to this humiliation, no matter how slimy."

JanusJones
2014-01-05, 06:11 PM
Jaxo nods, but looks thoughtful.

"But 'dem could be allies or enemies. An' us doan' know 'ow to break 'dem out - an' whether that could keel 'dem."

He takes to the wall. "I an' I scout ahead."

He scurries into the darkness, peering into the gloom at the eerie prison prisms.

cameronpants
2014-01-07, 12:20 PM
"I recognize this place from the description I received from a fellow warrior. This is their second most secure wing of the prison. These are erected and custom-made for creatures with... unusual abilities and strengths."

Erath approaches the container holding the half-ogre. The crystal arms glistens even in the shadowy light, and a feeling of dread washes over the hobgoblin psychic. He'd heard of Psionic Chemurgy before, but had never seen it. It was said that binding the psychic crystal to ones body led to all sorts of nasty side effects- and judging by the vacant look on the half-ogre's face, it was the arm that did all the thinking.
"I am torn. We should find a way to release these prisoners to help us in our endeavor to free our people without too many casualties. However... even by my standards, I envision these creatures as being a danger to everything around them, not just their enemies. It could lead to disaster. However, if we were far enough away or in tight enough ranks, they could certainly provide the means to our comrades' egress."

Jaxo's vanguard routine led him deeper into the room. He counts over a dozen cage-tubes before coming across a massive glass tank half-filled with water. The water inside is murky, soiled, and standing in it are a score of motionless corpses. Some have gaunt, pale skin drawn tight around angular features, others are halfway rotted away with purple worm-like creatures writhing within, and yet another looks bloated and water-logged, as if in life it was drowned.

They do not detect the stealthy Kobold, but slowly the pale corpse with gaunt features begins to scan around, as if sensing something is amiss.

To the north of the massive glass container is a cage with an entrance on either side. A complex runic security system is etched across the floor, ceiling, and even the fence itself. On the other side of the cage is a massive set of double doors.

Knowledge Religion to identify the creatures. Along the way, you can make a Knowledge Arcana, Knowledge Nature, Knowledge Dungeoneering, and Knowledge the Planes checks to figure out what the creatures are.

The cage is meant to act as a security stop; only one door opens at a time. They are both currently closed. Knowledge Arcana for the runic defense system. The doors are massive and look very sturdy.

JanusJones
2014-01-07, 08:06 PM
Jaxo quietly stalks back to the group, yellow eyes wide and movements cautious.

He whispers to the others when he returns. "Somethin' movin' in 'dere - dead 'tings in a tank of filth. Maybe 'dem chained, or guarding, or jus' easy to keep 'dat way."

He gestures at the far wall. "'Dere also be a cage 'dat keep a door. I an' I can't make sense of it, though - it looks to be magic."

Eonas
2014-01-07, 08:36 PM
Knowledge: religion [roll0]

Hakkaaa flaps into the middle of the room, inspecting the creatures around him. Keeping his customary impenetrable face, he says "I have a means to divine what the probable outcome of releasing these creatures may be, but unfortunately, it will require some time."

So saying, he sits down on the floor, slowly sprinkling incense over the floor whilst chanting (out of key). After about a minute, he stops chanting, cries "O Morai, bend for me the fabric of time and will!" and throws a set of small bones into the air. Standing up, he glances at the bones and declares: "The Fates have decreed..."

cameronpants
2014-01-07, 11:13 PM
Hakkaaa foresees how events unfold, a montage of blurring motion in his mind. Surges of color, mostly red, walls crumbling and folding in on themselves like sand roiling in the wind. Suddenly, light, shrouded behind mist and vapors; so close it could be touched, but divided by a thousand miles of empty space.

He feels it would lead to both Weal and Woe- though the Woe encompassed most of the vision.

Eonas
2014-01-08, 01:38 PM
"... that opening the cages would result in destruction and tragedy." Hakkaaa says, flapping up into the air again. "We shall not release these creatures."

JanusJones
2014-01-08, 05:49 PM
Jaxo looks considerably relieved.

"But us need to figure out 'dat magical trap what hides 'de door. Us people leave if us can open it."

cameronpants
2014-01-12, 01:26 AM
[roll0] Arcana
[roll1] Spellcraft
Will update after results.

Erath travels to the cage and sigil under direction of a well-hidden Jaxo. He approaches and studies them cautiously. As he does so, Jaxo notices the undead creatures in their tank approach the northern wall of their cell. The gaunt, pale creature speaks up, though only an echoing muffle can be heard. Erath does not notice, and speaks to his hidden comrade.
"These runes are unfamiliar to me, but they are wards. More powerful than I have seen before. And they are active. I do not believe it is wise to continue this route without further precautions."

JanusJones
2014-01-12, 06:03 PM
Jaxo nods and heads for the door.

"'Dem scared sof' skins mus' be lonely - les' not keep 'dem waitin'."

Let's check another room!

Plerumque
2014-01-12, 06:44 PM
Karsos follows, casting a sideways glance back at the corpselike things writhing in their tank. "Are we sure they mightn't alert the pinkskins to our presence? I suppose we are hardly hidden anymore."

JanusJones
2014-01-13, 08:15 AM
"'Dem know us 'ere. Now time to find 'dem an' remin' 'dem why 'dem scared."

Let's assume I'm scouting a new room from the wall, 15 ft. up. You pick a room, Cam, and we're on it/in it!

Climb: 28

cameronpants
2014-01-15, 05:56 PM
The group of monsters backtracks until finding the first door they skipped. The room is unlocked and is empty; Jaxo hears no sounds before entering. This room follows the same pattern as the halls, and is in the shape of an L. Halfway through the room is a curtain of golden-yellow energy. The force wall stands solid, cutting the room off at the mid-point.

"I do have terrible luck in choosing a route, I must say..." Erath scratches at his sideburn.

Plerumque
2014-01-15, 05:58 PM
Karsos growls, striding up to the wall and giving it a solid kick before rubbing his foot and turning back around. "Don't even know why they want to block themselves off from other parts of their home, if they weren't expecting us," he grumbles. "Mightn't there be any way to deactivate it?"

cameronpants
2014-01-15, 08:50 PM
Erath eyes Karsos.
To be accurate, this is not quite their home. This is a massive prison beneath their tower. The tower, likewise, is their Guildhouse, not their home. And we have left a swath of destruction in our wakes, and have left survivors to escape to warn the others. We spent enough time in the tree-room for them to set up defenses or activate security. We should be... more careful from this point forward."

Erath studies the wall for a moment before retreating to the hallway to try another door.

Spellcraf [roll0]

P, choose the next door!

Plerumque
2014-01-15, 08:59 PM
Karsos grunts in reply. "The lady in the bathrobe seemed to think otherwise. Anyway, if they've guarded it that well, it must be somewhere they don't want us to get to. Worth remembering." He walks back out into the hallway and gestures to another door. "How about that one? Trapped?"

JanusJones
2014-01-15, 11:12 PM
Jaxo hisses at the barrier, then turns expectantly to hear Erath's evaluation of the new portal.

cameronpants
2014-01-17, 10:19 AM
Erath approaches the door Karsos motions to and does some quick checks.

Search: [roll0]

Erath finds nothing and opens the door. Immediately as they handle is turned, a shrieking alarm echoes off the hallway and a flash of bright white fire explodes from the door frame.

All PCs make Reflex saves

The room beyond the door looks to be a security station. Eleven orbs of golden light float a few feet off the ground. A few of them are keyed to unseen sensors in the hallways of the tower's prison; a few more are opaque, their sensors reading nothing. No movement or creatures are visible on any of the screens.

The south end of the room is dominated by three large shelving units with metal mesh doors. They are all locked. Inside are emergency kits, weapons, and various items used to subdue and detain creatures.

JanusJones
2014-01-17, 11:00 AM
Jaxo leaps back.

[roll0]

cameronpants
2014-01-20, 11:02 AM
Karsos: [roll0]
Hakkaaa: [roll1]

The white fire scorches their clothes. A moment later, Erath enters the room and begins studying the orbs of light.
"Perhaps those cases hold supplies we could use?" he says absent mindedly.

We can find restorative supplies and custom skill items here, up to a value of 2500gp each. The DC is the value /100, rounded up. We get a +8 bonus to the check; if one of us succeeds on a DC 25 search check, we get a +2 to the check.

Erath's Search check after he checks the sensors:
[roll2]

cameronpants
2014-01-20, 11:06 AM
Searching for an item of Search +3, and item of Tumble +3, and one potion of Lesser Restoration. Total DC: 21
Loot Roll: [roll0]

Erath glances over the sensor suite, then moves south to the cages of supplies. He searches through them momentarily but comes away empty handed. He stands at the entrance to the room, waiting for the remainder of his team to join him.

JanusJones
2014-01-20, 01:57 PM
Jaxo follows, poking into the lockers.

Here goes nothin' - not sure what I'm hunting ... except a chance to KEEL HOOMANS!
[roll0]

Plerumque
2014-02-14, 01:09 PM
Karsos digs around and pulls out a small pot of paint. He unscrews the cap and smears himself with fierce slashes of paint around the eyes and mouth, the war-paint making his already grim visage look even more fearsome. He finds another crystal phial, matching the one Erath took, and pockets it before picking his sword back up. "Let our vengeance be delayed no longer."

Item of Intimidate +3 and Potion of Lesser Restoration, I guess.

[roll0]

DC 12, I make it.

cameronpants
2014-02-15, 02:57 AM
After a short time of staring at the prismatic, arcane displays, Erath grunts. He points to one of the centre monitors, one overlooking a large set of wood doors with runes across them, and says "Here. This is where we must go. I have pieced together a bit of our floor from these monitors. This section seems to have sensors all across it; I suspect each wing of this forsaken prison has a room like this one. If I can locate them, I can form a schematic for the entire place before we leave."

He heads out the door, remarking at each door passed as to its contents. He winds his way passed the Tree Room, and north east up a slanting hallway. He skips a locked door, and continues climbing until the large doors with etchings on them is visible.

"Prepare yourselves, comrades. I suspect that, as this is the only usable egress from our wing of the dungeon, that there will be a large contingent of soldiers beyond with weapons and warbeasts aimed at the door."

Erath spends almost a full minute in meditation as he enhances his body and mind in any way he can manage. He quaffs two potions and focuses on a couple dorje from his sleeves. Finally, once they are all prepared, he kicks the doors open and strides into the room.

He and Karsos, in the front ranks, are immediately greeted by a volley of crossbow fire. Inside the room are three small units of crossbowmen and spearmen with tower shields. They are all wearing black armor and helmets with stylized, bronze masks. They are recognizable from each of the monsters' time in incarceration- they are members of the Griffon's Heart, the elite group of personal soldiers of the founders of the guild.

As the bolts sink into armor and flesh, a hollow pop emanates from in front of the escaped convicts in arms. Suddenly, in a flash of hollow light, a manticore with a gray and black carapace appears in front of them.

We are assumed to go right away, as they just had their turn and we 'took 20'.

Karsos: three crossbow attacks on you:
[roll0], Damage [roll1]
[roll2], Damage [roll3]
[roll4], Damage [roll5]
For each one that hits and deals damage, roll a Fort save VS Poison.

And three on Erath
[roll6], Damage [roll7]
[roll8], Damage [roll9]
[roll10], Damage [roll11]

Erath's Fort saves in order if they are required:
[roll12], [roll13], [roll14]

Erath springs into motion, stepping swiftly forward to meet the granticore (as its hide looks like granite).

Free: Step forward
Swift: Critical Strike Linked to Synchronicity (expend focus, 4 PP)
Standard: Sapphire Nightmare Blade:

Concentration VS DC 20 [roll15] (4 points from Improvisation)
Attack VS DC 20 or 18 if FF: [roll16] (Inspiration)
Damage: [roll17] + SNB [roll18] + CS [roll19]
Will spend Inspiration on Damage if hit (+6)

Crit Conf: [roll20], Damage [roll21]

Plerumque
2014-02-15, 10:50 AM
Karsos also empties a pair of potion bottles, swelling to great size. He slings his tower shield onto one arm, preparing for the moment with a sharp-toothed grin on his face.

Drinking potions of Good Hope and Enlarge Person, and entering Whirling Frenzy.

As Erath opens the door, two crossbow bolts shatter against his shield, but the third finds a chink in his armor.

Fortitude save: [roll0]

Realizing that his allies have the manticore under control, he moves to neutralize a division of crossbowmen, slamming his sword heavily into one of their shield guardians.

Move to AX15. Since I'm Large, I should be threatening AW13, AW14, and AV14, so neither of the crossbowmen can shoot without provoking. Then I'll attack AW14, PAing for -4/+4.

Damage: [roll2]

Cleave Attack on AW13: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4]

JanusJones
2014-02-18, 06:41 PM
Jaxo quaffs a potion and scrambles around the wall, snarling, and whip flaming spikes at the manticore.

Move to AW 20 - 25 ft.

Attack 1: [roll0]; crit confirm [roll1]
Damage 1: [roll2]; crit damage [roll3]
Attack 2: [roll4]; crit confirm [roll5]
Damage 2: [roll6]; crit damage [roll7]

This includes a +2 Dex and a +1 from higher ground. Shooting the Manticore (****ing tower shields negating my skirmish ... grrr ...).

cameronpants
2014-02-24, 11:02 PM
The manticore, singed by flaming barb and punched by well-timed hits, lashes out with a tinny roar.

2 Claws: [roll0], [roll1]
Damages: [roll2], [roll3]
1 Bite: [roll4]

At the same time, four bolts are fired at Erath, while the West-most guards fire at the giant Karsos. The two soldiers with tower shields close in with the massive orc, stabbing at him with spears.

Bolts on Erath:
[roll6], [roll7], [roll8], [roll9]
Damage:
[roll10], [roll11], [roll12], [roll13]

Bolts on Karsos:
[roll14], [roll15]
Damage:
[roll16], [roll17]

Spears on Karsos:
[roll18], [roll19]
Damage:
[roll20], [roll21]

cameronpants
2014-02-25, 03:04 AM
As Erath is attacked by the manticore's stone-like talons and teeth, he twists his arm and thrusts out his hand towards the great lion-headed creature. He follows up with swift, perfectly-timed jabs.

Synchronicity kicks in. [When next attacked], [Manifest Mind Thrust].
Also, full attack.
[roll0]
1. Attack [roll1], Damage [roll2]
2. Attack [roll3], Damage [roll4]
3. Attack [roll5], Damage [roll6]
4. Attack [roll7], Damage [roll8]

When attacked, will use MT on Manticore if still alive, otherwise whoever attacks me next. Save Roll: [roll9] + their bonus, and they take [roll10] damage on a failed save against DC 19.

JanusJones
2014-02-25, 08:07 AM
Jaxo scurries around the corner, slinging another round of spikes at the looming manticore.

Attack 1: [roll0]; crit confirm [roll1]
Damage 1: [roll2]; crit damage [roll3]
Attack 2: [roll4]; crit confirm [roll5]
Damage 2: [roll6]; crit damage [roll7]

Plerumque
2014-02-25, 10:11 AM
As the crossbowman fires, Karsos lashes out with a snakelike blow, steel glinting.

AoO, since I'm Large I was threatenng both.

His shield clangs to the ground as he deftly operates the straps, and with a wolfish grin he closes in on the defender, blood-spattered blade gripped in both hands.

Dropping the shield as a move action, then attacking the shield warrior unless I've already killed him, in which case I'll go after the archer I didn't AoO.

Cleave: [roll4]

cameronpants
2014-02-26, 10:20 AM
Jaxo's flaming quills find purchase on the stone creature's neck, and it shudders and dies before it finishes its last panicked bite, jaws snapping at Erath.

Bite [roll0], Damage [roll1]

This activates Erath's Synchronicity Mind Thrust, which he directs at a crossbowman. His head asplodes.

Erath spins towards the nearer soldiers just as he directs a surge of pure mental energy lancing into one of the crossbowmen. The pink-skin's head whips back and rebounds from the force before he drops like a sack of wet bones.

The remaining soldiers from the east and the crossbowmen from the north all attack Erath, bolts and spearheads clanging into his metal-sheathed fists.

Crossbows:
[roll2], [roll3], [roll4]
[roll5], [roll6], [roll7]

Spears
[roll8], [roll9]
[roll10], [roll11]

Crossbow shot on Karsos before the last soldier starts bee-lining for the door:
[roll12]
[roll13]

Erath returns in kind, throwing haymakers and jabs at the spear-wielding shielded soldiers.

[roll14]
1: [roll15], [roll16]
2: [roll17], [roll18]
3: [roll19], [roll20]
4: [roll21], [roll22]

Plerumque
2014-02-26, 04:56 PM
Roaring in triumph, Karsos charges back into the center of the fray, spilling his own blood behind him as he runs.

Move to BD-BE-16-17 and attack BC15.

Cleave on BB15: [roll2]

JanusJones
2014-02-26, 11:47 PM
Jaxo, slender legs skittering across the cobbles, leaps to the floor and sprints with shocking speed towards the guards in the hallway. When he reaches them, he leaps between the gap between the shields, throwing himself forward in a tumbling roll.

DC 27 Tumble check for a double move to BB9. I need a 15 or better (gamble time!): [roll0]

He skids to a stop in front of the two shield-bearing guards as one shoves his shield sideways, closing the slim gap the kobold had dashed toward. Jaxo looks suddenly tiny in front of the enormous men's heavy blades and massive shields.

Avoided AoOs, but ended up in BB16.

cameronpants
2014-02-27, 02:32 AM
The soldiers move with swift, precise movements, and release another wave of attacks. A crossbowman steps behind the massive Karsos, drops his crossbow, and pulls free a shortsword.

Two crossbow bolts and a spear against Jaxo:
Bolts: [roll0], [roll1]
Damage: [roll2], [roll3]

Spear: [roll4]

Flanking on Karsos by a Tower Shield Spearman and Short Sword Crossbowman.
Last tower shield guy attacks Karsos.
Flanking Spear: [roll6], Damage [roll7]
Flanking Shortsword: [roll8]. Damage [roll9]
Spear: [roll10]., Damage [roll11]

Erath moves to the side and unleashes, yet again, on the soldier in front of him.

[roll12]
1: [roll13], Damage [roll14]
2: [roll15], Damage [roll16]
3: [roll17], Damage [roll18]
4: [roll19], Damage [roll20]

The soldier's head it slapped about by a series of blows from the ferocious hobgoblin. Finally, after a wide haymaker, the soldier is laid flat.

((Also can now be edited by everyone))

Plerumque
2014-02-28, 06:26 PM
Karsos shrugs off the blows and delivers, in return, a mighty flurry of wrath-fueled strikes. Spittle flies from his tusked mouth as he roars.

Full attack, starting on BC17 (flanking spearman) and moving on to BB15 (non-flanking spearman) if I drop him on the first hit or get a Cleave attack. PAing for full.

Cleave: [roll4]