PDA

View Full Version : TCotV: Chapter One - Forestry

Ripptor
2013-09-29, 09:48 AM
This thread is restricted to the DM of TCotV, and neither players nor spectators should be inclined to post within. This game will be run via private messaging, and the players kept a secret. All rolls will be conducted by the DM, and maps will be given to players separately.

Continual applications to this game can be done via PM ONLY to Ripptor.

Game Info and Recruitment FAQ (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300357)

Dice Roller Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16120793)

Ripptor
2013-09-29, 10:53 AM
Chapter One

The council room was full. Though in truth, calling it a 'room' may be a little ambitious...

The chamber itself was more of a forest grove, in which the surrounding trees each bent together, ever so slowly, until the treetops converged around 50 feet or so in the air. One could see the surrounding forest between these ancient trunks, at least until the foliage of the branches made that impossible. These branches encircled the chamber grove, making natural balconies of additional seating, each of which laden with viewers.

These viewers looked down upon the stoned center of the chamber, where rocks were carved into benches of seating large enough to accommodate all but the largest of attendees, who stood in a semi-circle by the roots of the massive sentinels. These attendees were a mix of forest races, of all temperments, but each knew to keep orderly in the presence of the throne. Trolls and Shamblers stood behind the seated Nymphs and Elves, who in turn sat behind the small pond where smaller aquatic fey swam still.

Each looked down towards the throne at the end of the chamber, a monstrosity of living stone in the shape of a slumbering dragon. So still it lay that it might have been a simple statue, but each in attendance knew the power and life of the Chamber Chair. It lay humble beneath the Queen, a beautiful fey woman in gowns resplendent, sitting above and behind the stone benches of the council.

"This session is underway," The queen stated, and all chatter turned to silence. "We are here to finalize the decision from the last session, in which we determined we must send another envoy to the southern tribes of hunters, on the matter of illegal poaching of wildlife in the royal realm."

A Councilor rose from the bench, reading off of a scroll of thin paper. "In this matter, we the Council of Everdent, have chosen to represent us, the envoys of Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup. May you each step forward." At the sounds of their names, a Pixie, a Nixie, and a Dryad each approached the central clearing before the benches.

Each was a female with green hair, but that was the only commonality between them. Blossom the Pixie wore a soft thistledown gown around her wings, with her hair down about her shoulders; Bubbles the Nixie wore a seaweed swimsuit about her scaly form, with seashells pinning up her hair; and Buttercup the dryad wore a suit of leaves over her wooden shoulders, with yellow flowers weaved through her tangled hair.

"We thank you for your courage to go and once again entreat with this region on my, and the Council's, behalf," The Queen smiled down upon her three envoys. "We are aware that these a re a stubborn folk, and this a difficult task, but the forest cries out, and needs it's tongue. You have each proven capable in the past, and we wish you well on your journey."

"To ensure the safety of the envoys, they will be guarded by Pinno and Chio, each sworn guardians of the southern forests." At this, two larger forms approached the benches, flanking the smaller envoys. Pinno, a living wooden female, with a warhammer slung over her shoulder, and Chio, a living treefolk male, sporting a waraxe in his hands. "We, the Council, wish you well as well, on your journey to end the sufferings of the subjects of Everdent. We must end this conflict before we are forced into warring with these southern tribes."

Ripptor
2013-09-30, 02:50 PM
The envoy Blossom spoke out first, "We are grateful that the Queen, the Council... and everyone still places their faith in us. We will do our utmost to right these wrongs and ensure they do not happen in the future." Bubbles the Nixie laughed in her burbling way, and Buttercup curtsied deeply. The guardians each saluted with their weapons, snapping them sharply against their hardened skin.

As the group turned about to leave the chamber the council moved on to the next item. The exit of the chamber was a large opening between the tree trunks, and the crowd at the back moved out of their way, eager to listen to the next item on the agenda.

The guardians led the group from the front, taking long but slow strides. The envoys fell in behind, the Dryad keeping a steady pace, the Pixie floating beside her on wings, and the Nixie floating along on magic to keep up. Chio the Treefolk could be heard from the front of the group. "So we're going by Pinno now, are we?" He smiled, laughing as much with his leafy boughs as his deep voice.

The wooden golem looked back to the treefolk with a wry smile. "It harkens back to my origin. Josephine was what my maker named me, if I haven't told you already. Named after one of the women he fancied, no doubt. Josepinno is their male name counterpart, and Pinno half that." The Golem made a wry face. "I dropped the name Jack when I heard what the southern tribes call their tree cutters. Savages, all."

The treefolk soured, "Savages indeed, to befoul all that they touch. Should you continue to consort with them, it will only be a matter of time before they ruin your new name for you as well!" Laughing again, Chio pointed in mock warning at Pinno.

Blossom giggles a little at Chio's jokes, but eventually composes herself enough to say, "Well, Pinno is a fine name. I find it hard to imagine the Southerners tarnishing that, but I suppose you never know..."