PDA

View Full Version : Dirge of Cerberus

Pagz
2006-12-29, 09:02 AM
What did everyone think of this? IMO It seemed lacking, feeling more like a movie that you play the combat for.

The storyline was excellent, it didnt break the original and kept in the boundaries of it :SPOILER: although I did think making a mako reactor 0 was stretching it just a little, I can look over something like that.

One thing I did absolutely love though we're the enemy's in the sewers, and the Shinra Manor level, heaps more too, but I'll wait till this thread kicks off a little and have discussions then.

Jenrock
2006-12-29, 09:23 AM
I, for one, loved this game. My only big grievance was that it seemed like every time the action got really good, I got dragged into a long cutscene that took long enough for me to go downstairs and make a sandwhich. A good deal of reviews that I have heard call it a Devil May Cry ripoff, but why not copy something good?

The Orange Zergling
2006-12-29, 03:14 PM
I very much want to get this game, but I'm a bit hesitant to at the moment, seeing as I have far too many games to sift through right now...

Reinforcements
2006-12-29, 08:58 PM
Just to pass along what I've heard about Dirge, since I have not played it myself; any reviews I've read seem to fit into one of two categories:

1. Reviews that say it sucks, and

2. Reviews that spend a lot of time talking about how cool the cutscenes are and how much they love FFVII, mention briefly that the gameplay is lacking, and give it a high score.

This does not instill me with confidence (especially considering the glorified toy advertisement that was Advent Children.) But then, I never liked FFVII in the first place. If you have a strong desire to find out more about what happened after that game, though, you should probably play it.

Daedrous Avari
2007-01-01, 05:04 PM
Honestly, Advent Children was an amazing movie, but the game itself which I only rented, had about three hours of gameplay or less. I understand there are people into the story, I'm one of them, but if the game doesn't have very good gameplay and has a horrible camera, it's most likely not a buy.

I might buy it and finish it when the price goes down, however.

Gogo525
2007-01-04, 10:58 PM
I personally liked the game. The only real problem I had with it was the missions after the end of the game. Some of those were just to hard to even attempt. So I just gave up. But other than that the game was awsome. It was kinda like Devil May Cry but it still had its twists that made it awsome.

Ambrogino
2007-01-05, 06:50 AM
I think it's gorgeous, but I haven't gotten that into it, as I don't like the control system. I don't like FPS on consoles (keyboard and mouse beats control pad any day of the week), and I was hoping for more of an auto-aiming Devil-May-Cry gun system to go with the third person engine. I'm going to give plugging my keyboard and mouse into the PS2 a try and see whether that allows me to actually aim without being shot to pieces.

zeratul
2007-01-07, 03:35 PM
I feel it was a good game but there were a lot of way too long cut ceans but it was a great addition to the story. would have made a better movie

Pagz
2007-01-09, 08:57 PM
Yea, I think It probably would of made a better movie, once I think about it

I beat it in two days... then lost interest and haven't picked it up since, don't get me wrong though, I absolutely loved playing it, the storyline was true to FFVII (don't even get me started on the FFX-FFVII connection -.-') A game any final fantasy lover should rent, you'd be able to finish it in the rental time, the bonus missions where just... weird... your character was BACK to level one (so all the crazy exp you get from the last mission means diddily squat) and you run out of ammo so fast its not funny (well, I did, since I only used the pistol with the long barrel attachment for the whole game :D)

Swordsaint
2007-01-10, 02:51 AM
Personally, the game ends WAY too fast to get any enjoyment out of it. While it was nice to get more information out of the plot of Final Fantasy VII, it's lack of AI skills, and its sence of being rushed definently makes this a game to rent, never to buy.

:smallbiggrin: Flame on!