PDA

View Full Version : Assuming these items aren't artifacts how much would they cost?

Morithias
2013-09-29, 06:15 PM
I'm looking at a set of items for a future game, but the costs of "sets" confuses me to a large degree.

Here are the 3 items.

1. Cat Collar (head slot)

+2 enchantment bonus to intelligence

2. Princess Dress (armor slot)

+1 armor bonus to AC

3. Princess shoes (shoe slot)

+10 feet to movement rate

However when placed together these 3 "joke" items give an insane set bonus.

"When a single character equips all 3 princess items, the power of the set invokes and enhances every female ally in the character's party or army. All females get +10 enchantment bonus to attack and damage, +7 enchantment bonus to AC, +2 initiative and +3 bonus to will saves. In addition any morale bonuses are increased by +3, any morale penalties are reduced by 3 (minimum zero)."

Werephilosopher
2013-09-29, 06:22 PM
The individual effects of each item would give them costs of:

Cat collar: 4,000 gp.

Dress: 1,000 gp.

Shoes: 3,000 gp.

The set bonus would vastly increase the price of each, but I'm not sure how to calculate that. If anyone else would like to give this a go...

EDIT: Also, for future reference, "enchantment" bonuses are actually "enhancement." Just so you know :smallsmile:

Further edit: If I were you, I'd replace "the power of the set invokes and enhances every female ally in the character's party or army" and instead give a radius of effect, within which all female allies are affected. "Party or army" could include a vast range of people, which would definitely affect the value of the set.

Baroncognito
2013-09-29, 06:26 PM
I'm looking at a set of items for a future game, but the costs of "sets" confuses me to a large degree.

Here are the 3 items.

1. Cat Collar (head slot)

+2 enchantment bonus to intelligence

2. Princess Dress (armor slot)

+1 armor bonus to AC

3. Princess shoes (shoe slot)

+10 feet to movement rate

However when placed together these 3 "joke" items give an insane set bonus.

"When a single character equips all 3 princess items, the power of the set invokes and enhances every female ally in the character's party or army. All females get +10 enchantment bonus to attack and damage, +7 enchantment bonus to AC, +2 initiative and +3 bonus to will saves. In addition any morale bonuses are increased by +3, any morale penalties are reduced by 3 (minimum zero)."

I fail to see what makes them joke items, but that set bonus is huge.

+10 to hit and +10 damage would cost somewhere around 200,000, +7 armour would be 50,000, +2 initiative is cheaper; I'd guess somewhere around 1,250, +3 to will saves we'll call 3,000. And that's if these bonuses only counted for one character.

For an entire army? I can't see these bonuses for that many people on anything less than an artifact.

lunar2
2013-09-29, 06:27 PM
the best way would be to figure out the costs of each set bonus individually, and then divide it by 3 and add that to the cost of each item. the normal cost increase for stacking bonuses on slotted items can be ignored, because you have to be wearing all 3 items to get the benefit.

Morithias
2013-09-29, 06:29 PM
I fail to see what makes them joke items, but that set bonus is huge.

+10 to hit and +10 damage would cost somewhere around 200,000, +7 armour would be 50,000, +2 initiative is cheaper; I'd guess somewhere around 1,250, +3 to will saves we'll call 3,000. And that's if these bonuses only counted for one character.

For an entire army? I can't see these bonuses for that many people on anything less than an artifact.

Alright.

Basically this set is suppose to be in the hands of an enemy. And I didn't know what value in treasure they would have assuming the party beats the enemy somehow.

Artifact it is.