PDA

View Full Version : Ashmouth (IC)

Ezeze
2013-09-29, 06:38 PM
The Ashmouth IC Thread
The Ashmouth OOC Thread
(http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306388)
You are a hero of incredible renown. With the aid of your gods, your magical talents and the strength of your own arm you have - together with your companions - fought against every evil that has threatened the mortal realm and emerged victorious. Every evil, that is, except the most powerful; an ancient, cunning and potent Dracolich called Ashmouth.

You faced and defeated Ashmouth in life. Even then he was a terrifying opponent; a great red Wyrm whose age had made him resourceful without tempering his wrathful nature. Now you prepare to face him again as an undead being whose semblance of life is maintained by his magic, his hatred, his lust for vengeance and fire.

Every resource has been placed at your disposal. Priests, Mages and Kings have blessed your venture. The trek through the Dragon's lair has been a hard, bloody one but you now stand at the entrance to the final chamber. All that remains for you to complete the total eradication of evil from the mortal plain is slaying Ashmouth himself.

The final doors to Ashmouth's chamber stand before you. They are large - twenty feet tall at least - hand-carved and magically enchanted to be as hard as steel. The double doors are painted blue with metallic finish that makes them look like something out of a great royal palace. However, upon closer inspection, one can see that the delicate golden filigree depicts scenes of depravity and bloodshed terrible enough to churn the stomach of any mortal man. They seem woefully out of place in the plain, unadorned stone corridor you find yourself standing in.

Ashmouth's minions have fallen to your blades and your spells. Now it is his turn.

J-H
2013-09-29, 11:15 PM
Frederick fades into view as he accepts a platinum ring from one of his companions. The halfling is well-camoflaged from head to toe, and almost seems to be part of the cavern wall even when visible. As he removes his gloves to put it on, his hands are shown to be slightly chafed.

(Frederick just finished his "Hide scent" preparations, and has no scent for the next 10 hours)

A clear white crystal of Truedeath rests under the hand that holds his bow, while a large shield floats next to him. As with the rest of the group, he's covered in the best magical equipment available to the living world.

"At last, the reckoning is at hand. We've killed him once, now we'll do it again. Chloris, you are ready to search for his phylactery as soon as he is neutralized?"

Prince_Selm
2013-09-30, 01:04 AM
Don't worry about it. We're going to punch his bony ass so hard the thing's gonna break on it's own! Blazeheart exclaims, punching his other palm.

And remember, no matter what happens, don't anyone worry about me. I can handle whatever he's throwing.

MikelaC1
2013-09-30, 08:07 AM
A robed woman steps forward to receive the ring from Blazeheart. She is of average height and weight, which gives no impression of the arcane and divine power she can wield. Her robes are decorated with arcane sigils and signs of the divine Boccob, which might be an indication. Her looks would seem to be more suited to inspiring a bard's ballad than a road weary adventurer, but you have learned over the past few months, she's as capable as any of you.

Hero's Feast is not a spell my god has seen fit to grant to me, but I do have a Life's Grace that I can apply to you. It will make you virtually immune to any sort of death magic or energy draining effect. And depending on whether or not Ashmouth tries to disrupt us, I have another spell for all you.

Prince_Selm
2013-09-30, 08:15 AM
Do whatever ya' need to Kat.

Is anyone else tingling!?

He starts some mild calistetics.

MikelaC1
2013-09-30, 08:49 AM
KATARINA

Katarina moves around the group, humming softly as she casts, touching each person in turn. Symbols of warding and safety appear and flow out to cover each, fading away as they take effect.

OOC
Immune to death spells, magical death effects, energy drain, any negative energy effects, any undead attacks that deal ability damage, ability drain, magical disease, and any armour now has ghost touch power as well

Thokk_Smash
2013-09-30, 08:53 AM
Another man, clad in glistening full plate armor adorned with a fist-held lightning bolt, sits astride his horse. Hrunting shuffles his hooves almost impatiently, and the man, Erathamus, strokes the horse's mane softly. His sword, almost glowing and colored a radiant blue, lies across the saddle, ready for use at a moment's notice. He nudges Hrunting forward to take the ring from Blazeheart with a nod and smile of thanks.

It won't be long now before the blight known as Ashmouth is eradicated forever, he says confidently. He waits patiently as Katarina completes her enchantments, and he hefts his sword as the magical glow fades. Many thanks, Katarina. Now, let us end this once and for all, he says, pumping his sword into the air.
OOC
When we get into the room Erathamus will use "Divine Shield" as a standard action, since it only lasts a minute.

MikelaC1
2013-09-30, 10:37 AM
KATARINA

I have only one more defensive spell for all you, but this one only requires one casting

Katarina casts once again, and a white aura covers each member of the group, before once again, fading into nothing.

Antidragon aura, +4 luck bonus to AC, and on saves vs. attacks and spells of a dragon

These protections wont last forever, we should go quickly.

Prince_Selm
2013-09-30, 11:51 AM
Finally, we're speaking the same language. he says with a big grin. Time to pump up!

Draconic Toughness to gain 19 temp HP. Then, he casts shield other on each person from a wand.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Prince_Selm
2013-09-30, 11:52 AM
After forgetting how a wand works and rolling a one, he uses it again on whoever he failed to hit before.

[roll0]

Raunchel
2013-09-30, 03:08 PM
Chloris casts several spells as well, beginning with Mirror Image, she casts Greater Heroism on everyone to protect them from the dragon's aura of fear. Then she grants each of them theinsight of good fortune, finishing with increasing her own speed with Expeditious Retreat. She closes her eyes, drawing her twin swords, she is ready.

Prince_Selm
2013-10-01, 08:45 AM
Looking around at his allies, Blazeheart approaches the door.

Just give me the word.

Frederick... You know I hate it when you do that. It's unnerving.

Thokk_Smash
2013-10-01, 09:03 AM
Erathamus nods, settling his shield onto his arm. We are all prepared. Although Chloris, do not forget to cast that spell that hastens our movement when we begin the assault; I am sure it will not go amiss here. He salutes the party at large with his sword, and slashes it down. Now begin the assault, Blaze. Let us end this nightmare once and for all!

Ezeze
2013-10-01, 01:53 PM
The great double doors stand before you; gigantic, passive and heedless of your preparations.

It's a door. It won't be ajar until someone does something to change that :smalltongue:

Prince_Selm
2013-10-01, 07:43 PM
Deciding that the door is likely too think to be busted, Blazeheart takes both handles and attempts to fling them open at once.

Ezeze
2013-10-02, 02:55 PM
As soon as Blazeheart touches the great door pain arcs through him. It seem as though Ashmouth is not so under-prepared as one might think, because these doors are clearly enchanted with powerful magic.

[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]

Edit: Take 108 damage

Though he pulls, the doors do not budge.

Ezeze
2013-10-02, 07:07 PM
Frederick steps forward and gently moves Blazeheart out of the way. He whips out a delicate set of tools and begins to study the door carefully without touching it. After a few moments, he goes to work.

The spell is specifically on the door handle, which makes picking the lock especially difficult.

Some carefully placed movements of his tools cause a barely audible "click" and he returns his tools to their place with a satisfied smirk.

MikelaC1
2013-10-02, 08:11 PM
While Frederick works on the door, Katarina comes up to the injured Blazeheart, casting a heal on him.

Cure 140 HP

Actually, on further review, its 150, but 140 was enough anyway

Prince_Selm
2013-10-02, 08:44 PM
(And here I thought a +32 to fort saves was good. :smalltongue:)

As the energy singes him, Blazeheart reacts merely with a grimace.

Hiding behind cowardly traps... I see nothing has changed. Thank you for the rejuvination.

With a roar, he reactivates his Draconic Toughness.

Prince_Selm
2013-10-03, 09:12 PM
Alright, Fredrick, do you think I can open the door now?

J-H
2013-10-03, 10:13 PM
Frederick's voice comes from somewhere over near the wall... not, you think, from in front of the door.

"As far as I can tell, it's safe. I'm not a proper burglar, as you know."

Ezeze
2013-10-04, 02:02 PM
The gathered party stands for a long while in the hallway, casting their spells and talking at one another.

Ashmouth is known for many things. Patience is not one of them. The ornate doors burst open outwards and a cone of fire engulfs the area in which the Party is standing.

(ooc: Everyone make a DC 40 Reflex save. Take [roll0] fire damage on a failed save, half that (rounded up) on a successful one. Then roll initiative.

[roll1])

Thokk_Smash
2013-10-04, 02:05 PM
Whoops. A more direct warning would have been nice, though.

Reflex: [roll0]

Wow, just barely missed.

Erathamus notices the blast mere moments too late, and feels the extreme heat wash over him. He spurs his mount forward, shouting a prayer to Heironeous for strength.

MikelaC1
2013-10-04, 02:10 PM
[roll0] reflex
[roll1] initiative

Katarina is unable to dodge the flames at all, and is burned to almost a crisp, surviving only barely (3 HP)

J-H
2013-10-04, 07:13 PM
Reflex save [roll0] with Evasion meaning no damage if I make the save.
Initiative [roll1]

Nobody can see it, but Frederick leaps and flips, taking advantage of some un-even parts of the wall to shield himself from the blast of draconic flame.

He raises his bow... Bugger doesn't even know I'm here, I'm gonna turn him into Aunt Dora's holey cheese

Prince_Selm
2013-10-05, 07:31 AM
Blaze voluntarily fails his reflex save, instead choosing to stand there unimpressed.

Are you that anxious to fall again, old man?

(Just a reminder, anyone who takes damage from the fire takes half damage, and I take the remaining fire damage and proceed to laugh about it)

Initiative: [roll0]

MikelaC1
2013-10-05, 09:14 AM
KATARINA

Never one for a lot of prebattle chit-chat, Katarina doesn't bother taunting the dracolich, she just reacts to the flames by firing off a polar ray, using her innate ability to change the damage type from cold to sonic. The end result is a wave of sonic energy that slams into the dracolich.

[roll0] damage
[roll1] CL check

Ezeze
2013-10-05, 11:49 AM
Fire washes over the party, searing them - all except for Blazeheart, who stands defiantly in the center of the hall, welcoming his grandfather's ire.

Today, Mortals, you die!

Ashmouth taunts. Katarina reacts first, firing a burst of sound from her outstretched hand that Ashmouth simply shrugs off. He laughs, deeply

Ha ha ha. Your weak magic is no match for my might, little one!

(ooc: Frederick gets to act while Ashmouth is gloating, then the Dragon goes.)

Raunchel
2013-10-05, 01:25 PM
Chloris easily avoids the flames and starts to dance towards the dragon, while casting a minor spell. She strikes once at the great beast.

reflex: [roll0]
Initiative:[roll1]
I activate dragonfire inspiration, the badge of valor and cast inspirational boost, all our attacks now deal 6d6 extra sonic damage. I also go into snowflake wardance.

Ezeze
2013-10-05, 02:55 PM
Chloris dances forward and brings her dagger down on Ashmouth's snout, leaving an angry red gash. The great wyrm doesn't flinch or draw away, but he does finally shut up.

Frederick disappears from view. This shouldn't alarm the rest of the party, though - the halfling is most useful operating where no one can see him.

Without word, taunt or ceremony Ashmouth leans forward and clamps his massive jaws around Blazeheart. His deep voice grumbles, in Draconic

Wux loreat irral.

You die first.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

With Blazeheart trapped between bars of teeth, Ashmouth turns and jumps into the room behind him. With the dragon out of the way, you can now see what was behind him; a great chasm with rough walls, about 35x35. There is no floor, and Ashmouth (with Blazeheart) drops out of view

(OOC: Frederick and Chloris get AoOs!)

Blazeheart
Even through your protective spells the sheer sweltering heat of the room you find yourself in hits you like a wall. Ashmouth extends his wings and glides downwards in a tight spiral, bringing you towards - you can see as you approach it - a sea of molten lava at the bottom of the chasm. You are inside a volcano!

(ooc: At the beginning of every round you begin inside the volcano, please note first off how many rounds you've spent there and then make a Fortitude check )

Thokk_Smash
2013-10-05, 03:20 PM
Erathamus feels the flames on his skin, but realizes that he is not as injured as he should be. He thanks a silent word of thanks to Blazeheart for his courage in shielding them. As Chloris' song flows through him, he feels stronger than ever. He sees his draconic companion be assaulted by their foe, and he glares at the draconic abomination. Touching his belt lightly with his hand, two of the three gems on its center glow briefly and then turn dark; at the same time, the world slows for but a moment. Offering a swift plea to Heironeous, the lightning-bolt adorned shield on Erathamus' arm glows softly with holy light.

As time flows freely once more, the paladin grips his sword tighter and spurs Hrunting forward. By Heironeous' grace you shall be smote! he cries, drawing on yet more of his god-granted power to boost his strength. The very power of law wraps around his blade, aiding in the defeat of this unholy beast. His mount draws close, allowing Erathamus to swing down onto Ashmouth before galloping past the undead dragon.

Breakdown of events: Activate Belt of Battle to grant me an extra standard action, used to activate Divine Shield: spend 1 Turn Undead (11 left) to increase my shield bonus to AC by +9 for 1 minute

Swift action: Activate Law Devotion, +7 sacred bonus to attack rolls for 1 minute.
Free action: Divine Might, spend 1 Turn Undead (10 left) to increase my damage by my charisma modifier (+9)
Charge attack: Smiting Evil for +9 to-hit, +20 damage. Also, because he is evil, I get +2d6 damage. Due to Spirited Charge, damage is doubled. Power Attacking for -5/+5:

[roll0]

Potential damage: [roll1] x2, [roll2], so 103 damage +25 for 128 damage.
Dragonfire Inspiration: [roll3], not sure if it's doubled.

J-H
2013-10-05, 03:46 PM
The OOC post was just telling the party my plans ooc. Here's what Frederick did before Ashmouth's turn.
After focusing to vanish from the dragon's senses [10 minute duration blindsense immunity], Frederick moves past Ashmouth and into the cavern, his slippers of spider climb enabling him to walk along the wall away from the door.

Time for round 2 actions. Frederick uses a ranged weapon, so he does not get an AOO

As Ashmouth plunges away from the group with Blazeheart in his mouth, Frederick flickers back into view as sends 5 fast-moving arrows after the dracolich.

+4 from Greater Heroism, -2 from Rapid shot, -2 for distance
Using Woodland Archer, after my first miss, all subsequent attacks have a +4 added to their to-hit roll.
Bow is Seeking - magical concealment doesn't affect my shots
Bow is Force - damage reduction is automatically bypassed.

Attack 1
To-hit [roll0], first attack is at +2 since I'm invisible (add +2 to results for Dragonstrike)
Damage [roll1] base + [roll2] acid + [roll3] sonic (DFI) +[roll4] Holy/good damage

Attack 2 (Rapid Shot)
To-hit [roll5](add +2 to results for Dragonstrike)
Damage [roll6] base + [roll7] acid + [roll8] sonic (DFI) +[roll9] Holy/good damage

Attack 3
To-hit [roll10](add +2 to results for Dragonstrike)
Damage [roll11] base + [roll12] acid + [roll13] sonic (DFI) +[roll14] Holy/good damage

Attack 4
To-hit [roll15](add +2 to results for Dragonstrike)
Damage [roll16] base + [roll17] acid + [roll18] sonic (DFI) +[roll19] Holy/good damage

Attack 5
To-hit [roll20](add +2 to results for Dragonstrike)
Damage [roll21] base + [roll22] acid + [roll23] sonic (DFI) +[roll24] Holy/good damage

Oops, Dragonstalker Capstone gives me +2 additional AB (to be added to above rolls manually, sorry) and +2d6 damage vs dragons. I'll roll the 2d6 damage in OOC.

Raunchel
2013-10-06, 09:13 AM
Chloris sees the dragon go down into the chasm and immediately attempts to strike him. Then she dives in after him, going as fast as she can."

AoO: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

She flies downwards, as fast as she can(fly speed 70), unfortunately she can't attack again, but she does take a position above him for a full attack next turn.

Attack: [roll2]
[roll3]

Thokk_Smash
2013-10-06, 12:12 PM
Erathamus looks as Ashmouth flees into the volcano, cursing the beast's planning. With a swift nudge of his heels, he makes Hrunting burst into a flat out sprint, hoping to close the distance swiftly between them. As the horse leaves flat ground, his hooves become wreathed in flames and he continues running on thin air towards the unholy bastard. As Hrunting does so, Erathamus calls upon the holy powers of Heironeous to heal his injured mount.

Run action to make Hrunting move 360ft towards Ashmouth. Erathamus' standard action to heal Hrunting of 69 points of damage (Lay on Hands left: 119).

MikelaC1
2013-10-06, 02:45 PM
KATARINA

Katarina prays to Boccob that the huge body of the dracolich, plus the fact that he is in his mouth, will shield Blazeheart from the spell she is about to cast. She makes a brief motion, casting an Assay Spell Resistance on herself, and then follows up by using one of her scrolls to cast the powerful Meteor Swarm on the dracolich, using her ability to change the damage form to sonic. She targets the huge body of the draco for all 4 of her meteors.

[roll0] CL check
[roll1] ranged touch & [roll2] bludgeon damage & no save versus sonic damage
[roll3] ranged touch & [roll4] bludgeon damage & no save versus sonic damage
[roll5] ranged touch & [roll6] bludgeon damage & no save versus sonic damage
[roll7] ranged touch & [roll8] bludgeon damage & no save versus sonic damage
[roll9] sonic 40' radius
[roll10] sonic 40' radius
[roll11] sonic 40' radius
[roll12] sonic 40' radius

But that is not the end of her actions, one of the jewels on her belt flashes, allowing her to cast a quickened Protection from Energy: Fire on herself.

Prince_Selm
2013-10-06, 11:01 PM
With a flash, Blazeheart is free of the dragon's maw, and, adjusting his position slightly, prepares to return to his friends, unleashing a mighty battle cry.

Yoink.

Activate anklets of translocation to teleport outside of the grapple as a swift action, putting me at 405' from the top.

Then I take a 5' step up, putting me at 400'

Then I ready an action to move up if at any point I am not being threatened by Ashmouth.

Prince_Selm
2013-10-06, 11:02 PM
Sorry, fort save:

[roll0]

Ezeze
2013-10-08, 03:55 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]

Ashmouth lets out a terrifying roar of anger and pain as arrows and fireballs rain on him from the opening of the cavern above.

For a brief moment Blazeheart manages to escape from his Grandfather's cavernous maw, but the ancient wyrm lashes out again, catching the man between his sword-like teeth. Together, the two plummet into the lava below - disappearing completely from view.

(ooc: Take 35 damage from Ashmouth's teeth ripping into your flesh. You don't have to make a save against toxic gases, but you are suffocating to death.)

Despite your best efforts at escape you are pulled below the lava. The molten stone against your skin is the strangest of sensations. It should burn - you swear you can feel the heat even through your magical protection - but moving through molten rock is difficult. It's far more dense than water, making swimming in it almost impossible.

(ooc: You're blind and swinging through molten lava, which is far more difficult than just water. All attacks are going to be made at -10, and have a 50% miss chance - roll a d% with any attack you make. You want high numbers.)

MikelaC1
2013-10-08, 05:03 PM
KATARINA

Katarina curses softly under her breath, she hadn't meant to spend this resource so quickly but there was no choice to be made. She quickly unfurls another one of her scrolls.

I wish that Ashmouth and Blazeheart were back in this hall

Ezeze
2013-10-08, 06:44 PM
Caster Level Check: [roll0]

In a flash, Blazeheart reappears in the hallway. He glows slightly and residual heat pours off him. Ashmouth, on the other hand, is no where to be seen.

Prince_Selm
2013-10-09, 12:24 AM
Blazeheart appears, and looks only slightly worse for the wear.

Okay. Now I'm serious.

Standard action: Draconic Toughness
Free action: TAKE A DEEP BREATH. :smalltongue:

Raunchel
2013-10-09, 05:48 AM
Chloris flies back to the hall, not wanting to be the one to be in the dragon's path. She remembers what it felt like to be cut by his claw, and she doesn't want to feel that again. Once she is back with the others she waves herself through the air, waiting for the dragon to return.

J-H
2013-10-09, 08:10 AM
Frederick, still visible and standing on the wall by the entrance to the shaft, prepares for Ashmouth's return.

Readied action: Full attack with Rapid Shot, followed by a 5' step around the corner to get into the tunnel.
This will be round 2 in the shaft, Fort save [roll0] +4 bonus from GH

Thokk_Smash
2013-10-09, 06:21 PM
Erathamus, seeing his draconic comrade safe and sound, directs Hrunting to fly back toward the hall. Hrunting stops halfway back to the hall high in the air above the lava. Erathamus turns his head back and shouts, Will you allow your grandchild to slip through your grip so easily, Ashmouth?

Double move 180ft to halfway between my position and the hall. Maybe the taunt will keep him interested, maybe not; it should be Blazeheart taunting him, really.

Ezeze
2013-10-09, 07:11 PM
Ashmouth does not rise to Erathamus's threat. In fact, several long seconds pass where the dragon does not reemerge at all.

(ooc: No one is in a position to see what Ashmouth is doing.)

J-H
2013-10-09, 09:51 PM
Frederick re-activates his invisibility ring as he continues to wait for Ashmouth.

Same readied action, after the standard action to go back to invisibility.
Round 3? 4? Not sure if this is 1 round passing or 2. Fort save [roll0]

Thokk_Smash
2013-10-10, 01:02 PM
Erathamus frowns as the dracolich fails to reappear, and he hustles Hrunting back to the rest of the group. He holds his sword and shield at the ready, looking around warily. I don't like your grandfather's sudden silence, Blaze, he mutters.

Prince_Selm
2013-10-10, 07:42 PM
Blazeheart expels his held breath as a gout of flame aimed at nothing.
If we try to turn this into a sitting on ourbassband doing nothing contesst, he's a lot better.

You want my vote? We get down there and roast him before all the magic wears off. Anyone with me?

Raunchel
2013-10-11, 04:12 AM
"Let's get him", Chloris says with her soft voice, "He will gain in strength while we wait. But how do we get him in the lava?"

MikelaC1
2013-10-11, 06:30 AM
KATARINA

Katarina sighs, and unrolls another one of her scrolls.

By your power, Holy Boccob, place Ashmouth directly in this room, that we may defeat him forever.

OOC: Using scroll to cast Miracle
[roll0] CL check

Ezeze
2013-10-12, 09:47 AM
[roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Another six seconds tick by where Ashmouth doesn't reappear. After the noise of fire and battle the cavern in which most of the party is standing seems eerily silent.

Prince_Selm
2013-10-13, 07:22 PM
Alrighty then. I think its time to be a little more active.
Blaze takes anothe breath and delays to just before ashmouth so that hes not jumping down a shaf alone

Thokk_Smash
2013-10-13, 07:57 PM
Erathamus nods at Blazeheart's comment. After you, Blazeheart, he says. After all, you're the one who has trained specifically to defend against him.

Once Blazeheart moves, Erathamus follows close behind.

Ezeze
2013-10-14, 08:19 PM
When Blazeheart goes to move invisible blades slices at him from nowhere.

Attack of opportunity;
[roll0]
[roll1]

Full attack (Blazeheart)
[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

[roll6]
[roll7]

[roll8]
[roll9]

[roll10]
[roll11]

[roll12]
[roll13]

[roll14]
[roll15]

Tail Slap (Chloris)
[roll16]
[roll17]

Tail Slap (Katarina)
[roll18]
[roll19]

Tail Slap (Erathamus)
[roll20]
[roll21]

(ooc: Blaze, take 156 damage. Chloris take 20, Katarina take 17)

Too late, you all become aware of the massive presence of an invisible Ashmouth. He lashes out at Blazeheart, and catches Chloris and Katarina with a sweep of his tale - though he merely buffers Erathamus, armored as the knight is.

(ooc: Now that Ashmouth is moving, you can all pretty much tell where he is. All attacks made against him have a 50% miss chance, though. So roll that with any attacks - higher is better.)

MikelaC1
2013-10-15, 06:43 AM
KATARINA

Invisible? How standard. When will they learn, my attacks dont even require line of sight?

Katarina is ready for the attack of Ashmouth, and has her plan ready. Her first step is to cast Limited Wish, using the power of that spell to duplicate a Wall of Force which she lies flat on the floor, covering the hole to the mouth of the volcano, but leaving just enough of a corner for those who flew down the hole to come back up. So much for attempting to escape that way again.
Her belt of battle then flashes, and she casts again, first an Assay Spell Resistance and then from her scroll Mass Heal. Not only does Ashmouth take damage, everyone engaged on him heals the same amount, 180 points.

[roll0] CL check

Thokk_Smash
2013-10-15, 11:32 AM
It is sheer luck that Erathamus' shield blocks the swing of Ashmouth's tail. He rolls with the blow and directs Hrunting to charge once he regains his balance. Face us properly, you slippery bastard! he cries as he swings his sword down and charges past.

Charge attack: Ride-By Attack and Spirited Charge means I'm out of range and deal double damage. Power Attack -5/+5

Attack roll: [roll0]

Potential damage: [roll1]

Miss chance: [roll2]

Divine shield: 8 Rounds left
Law Devotion: 8 Rounds left

As his sword cleaves into empty air, he calls out, Katarina, a swift end to his invisibility would be most appreciated!

J-H
2013-10-16, 08:21 PM
Frederick steps through the gap in the Wall of Force and draws his bow back, sighting by feel as he's invisible. He fires an arrow a second at the area where he knows the Dracolich must be.

5' step, full attack with Rapid Shot.

+4 from Greater Heroism, -2 from Rapid shot, +2 from Dragonstalker Capstone, +1 AB from Point Blank Shot. +10 precision damage from Dead Eye (dex to damage) and +1 damage from PBS since I'm within 30'.
Using Woodland Archer, after my first miss, all subsequent attacks have a +4 added to their to-hit roll.
Bow is Seeking - magical concealment doesn't affect my shots
Bow is Force - damage reduction is automatically bypassed.

I am assuming that I only get sneak attack (dex AC denied) for my first attack. If that's wrong, let me know and I'll roll the other 40d6 in the OOC thread.

Attack 1
To-hit [roll0], first attack is at +2 since I'm invisible, and I'm using one of my 2 uses of Ignore Natural Armor for the day.
Damage [roll1] base + [roll2] acid + [roll3] sonic (DFI) +[roll4] Holy/good damage + [roll5] dragon bane + [roll6] anti-dragon sneak attack damage. = 94

Attack 2 (Rapid Shot)
To-hit [roll7]
Damage [roll8] base + [roll9] acid + [roll10] sonic (DFI) +[roll11] Holy/good damage + [roll12] dragon bane = 56

Attack 3
To-hit [roll13]
Damage [roll14] base + [roll15] acid + [roll16] sonic (DFI) +[roll17] Holy/good damage + [roll18] dragon bane = 64

Attack 4
To-hit [roll19]
Damage [roll20] base + [roll21] acid + [roll22] sonic (DFI) +[roll23] Holy/good damage + [roll24] dragon bane =65

Attack 5
To-hit [roll25]
Damage [roll26] base + [roll27] acid + [roll28] sonic (DFI) +[roll29] Holy/good damage + [roll30] dragon bane =62

Raunchel
2013-10-18, 05:54 AM
Chloris mentally activates her belt, allowing her to move faster, she makes complex motions as she flies towards the dragon, avoiding his attack. When she has reached him she dances around him, cutting with her blades.

Chloris uses tumble to avoid attacks of opportunity on the move action from er belt of battle. She then makes a full attack on Ashmouth.

Right hand attack 1: [roll0], damage: [roll1]
Right hand attack 2: [roll2], damage: [roll3]
Right hand attack 3: [roll4], damage: [roll5]
Left hand attack 1: [roll6], damage: [roll7]
Left hand attack 2: [roll8], damage: [roll9]
Left hand attack 3: [roll10], damage: [roll11]

Ezeze
2013-10-18, 10:02 AM
[roll0]

No! No, no, no! Ashmouth roars in anger and pain.

You will not be victorious this day, mortals!

With a show of force Ashmouth rams a hole into the side of the corridor into a previously unseen room and, with surprising grace, slips through it and away, the disturbances he makes in the toxic soot the best indication of where he is and the direction in which he is heading.

The only way to continue to attack him would be to follow him.

MikelaC1
2013-10-19, 09:58 AM
KATARINA

As Ashmouth attempts to flee, Katarina at least tries to use Greater Dispel Magic to knock down the invisibility on him.

[roll0] GDM check

Ezeze
2013-10-19, 10:13 AM
The invisibility falls off of Ashmouth as he retreats. His tail becomes visible, then quickly disappears around the corner of whatever room he has knocked his way into.

Thokk_Smash
2013-10-20, 12:17 AM
Erathamus snarls angrily at the retreating wyrm. You won't escape us that easily, monster! he cries as he directs Hrunting to gallop after the dracolich. He turns the corner, aiming to confront the dragon.

Reminder: my horse has 80ft land movement, so I can probably catch up to the guy.

Raunchel
2013-10-21, 05:40 AM
Chloris whirls after the dragon, mentally activating her belt again to grant her the speed to catch up with the beast. He will not escape now, not after all that he has done.

I will roll for attacks if she manages to reach him and nothing happens on the way there.

MikelaC1
2013-10-21, 06:22 AM
After dispelling the invisibility on the dracolich, Katarina just goes into pursuit mode, ready with her spells should the party manage to corner him.

J-H
2013-10-21, 08:13 AM
Frederick follows the others, chasing after the dragon as quickly as possible.

Move speed is 30'/rd, so I can move up to 120' if I take a full round action.
If this brings Ashmouth into sight, I'll make an attack (if there's time left).

Prince_Selm
2013-10-22, 08:59 AM
Blaze finishes shaking the lava off him and his stuff.

And here I thought this was going to be boring...

He runs (flies) after the crowd.

INTO THE BREACH!!!

Ezeze
2013-10-22, 06:09 PM
Our intrepid heroes are so near victory that they can taste it. Ashmouth has been badly wounded and denied his magical defenses. He flees and, not wanting to give the great wyrm time to recover his footing or plan out his next move, the adventurers give chase!

Bold and fearless, Erathamus the Paladin is the first to charge into the hallway atop his white steed. Chloris the Beautiful, who brings grace even to the bloodiest of fights, gives pursit next. They are followed more cautiously by the powerful and enchanting Katarina, then by the clever and wiley Frederick. Finally, the man with perhaps the most stake in this fight, Ashmouth's own grandson Blazeheart.

As Blaze enters the chamber his limbs freeze. He realizes, to his horror, that his companions all seem frozen in time as well. Ashmouth - a grin on his decaying, draconic face – completes a spell.

Your body stands rigid, failing to respond to your mind urging it forward. Your sight goes dark. It feels impossibly, impossibly cold. All you can hear is the low, malicious, pleased chuckle of Ashmouth. After that, you know nothing.

--------------

To be continued...

dun dun dunnnn

Snacs
2013-10-25, 11:06 AM
"Oh do be careful Malek!, careful now!" The group can hear the careful sound of earth shifting, and suddenly blinding, piercing light. Rock and dirt rattles away rapidly as hot, musky air brushes over the party.

An eye the size of a head pulls backwards with a snort, trailing vines around a mouth large enough to swallow a man whole, and thorn-like teeth the size of long daggers rimming it around. A wet, huge tongue carefully worms its way around, the thick muscle pushing and tugging until each of the party finds themselves in a limp, slightly damp pile.

A mask of soft green wood leans carefully into view, a delicate visage of a young woman. A mass of flowers and long leaves falls over one shoulder like hair.

"Oh Dear." The lips of the mask move as focus returns. It's not a mask. The bright, pounding light are cast from small rocks set into the rough-hewn igneous walls, glowing with some sort of mage-light.

The party is alive, and rapidly feeling pins and needles in their arms and legs as control slowly returns along with consciousness.

The face pulls away as the party moves, a hand clutching the staff close to her body. Above her in the darkness something huge shifts with a mutter, a head the size of a horse curling down next to the young (plant?) woman. The flat-topped, broad head is the same size of a horse, and shaggy with drooping vines and moss. Its hot breath washes over the party....

Thokk_Smash
2013-10-25, 11:37 AM
Consciousness returns slowly as Erathamus takes in the mask. No, the woman...the plant? The woman plant? Plant-woman? He shakes his head of impending confusion and stands quickly. That turns out to be a mistake, as his vision spins at the vertigo, and he holds out a hand to steady himself. Blinking through the discomfort, he looks at his body: his armor appears to be in place, though he cannot be sure where his sword or shield are through the haze.

Without warning, the memory of the past occurrence slams into his mind, and his head snaps around as if searching for the giant, evil wyrm.

Damn it! he cries, grasping for his sword but finding his sheathe lacking. He searches the ground and notices his companions picking themselves up. Are you guys alright? He grasps his head as another shot of pain lances through it, and he sighs in frustration.

As if just remembering the presence of another being apart from his allies, he looks back to the plant-woman with a small smile. Hello, there, he says congenially. I am called Erathamus. Who might you be? What is the date? And where in Heironeous' name are we? He keeps his tone civil and friendly, although a note of urgency remains.

MikelaC1
2013-10-25, 12:01 PM
KATARINA

Katarina allows her eyes to open slowly. The sight confirms her fears.
Again, he escapes. Again and again and again. How many times am I going to fail in the pursuit of this stupid dragon?

Giving her body enough time to recover, she slowly stands. Enough anger is in her that she is not willing to give voice to her own questions, lest it come through in them, and since Erathamus is asking them already, she will just wait.

Ezeze
2013-10-25, 06:54 PM
The "blinding" light turns out to be just pre-dawn sunlight filtered through trees, though it feels like a glaring spotlight after your ... Days? It feels like days, you're thirsty and hungry and ache all over ... trapped beneath stone since you were caught in Ashmouth's spell.

J-H
2013-10-25, 07:33 PM
Frederick lies there, dazed, until he is able to move. He continues to lie motionless, his eyes half-open, until he has a general idea of what's going on.

As Erathsmus begins to speak, he flips heels-over-head onto his feet, his animated shield coming to life to follow his motion. The camouflage-clad halfling lands silently on his feet, his bow at a low ready position. From his new, standing, vantage point, he looks around.

Nature [roll0] (knowledge)
Perception [roll1]

Snacs
2013-10-25, 10:20 PM
"Oh..Oh Dear. The date? Oh..yes. It's fifteen-sixty two, P.W." The plant-creature tries to put on a brave smile as the party shakes itself awake(and in Frederick's case, exuberantly so).

At the sight of the bow being drawn the big...Thing behind her gives a low, menacing growl that practically has the ground shaking. The big, reptilian looking creature is huge, with thick, powerful hind legs and a head the size of a horse. Its forearms are deceptively small and frail looking, but that large maw more than made up for it. Ever more curious is that the whole creature seems oddly plant-like, covered in a shaggy coat of moss and trailing vines. Its thick teeth look wooden(and no less dangerous than a mouth of spears!), though sharp, and the tongue visible as it breaths is thick and syrupy with sap. At Frederick's motions the moss shifts on the creature's back into two large, frond-like wings, fanning the air in agitation.

The plant-woman half-turns to place a hand on the great beast's head, murmuring soothingly to it.

"Now Malek, be nice. They were buried underground for some reason that's true, but you'd be irritable about that to, surely?" The plant-woman sported wings as well, folded like a cloak against her back. The Beast settles down immediately, tucking its wings back.(though it hasn't exactly backed off either, watching the group with a wary shield-sized eye.)

"Um..I'm not sure who high-rodius is, but I can tell you that you're in South Epi. I'm Flora, by the way. Um..I can get you all water if you'd like. And I'm sure Malek wouldn't mind going hunting for dinner."The loud snort behind her isn't very promising on that front though...

MikelaC1
2013-10-25, 11:45 PM
OOC: Do those numbers mean anything to Katarina, and can she calculate how long they were out?

We were in pursuit of a dracolich, he goes by the name of Ashmouth. That occurred uncounted days ago. During our pursuit, he used some sort of spell on us, which resulted in us ending up where you found us. We need to find him, and finish him, once and for all.

Thokk_Smash
2013-10-26, 12:28 AM
Erathamus rubs his chin, feeling the stubble of days without shaving. He considers the woman curiously. You don't know who Heironeous is? he thinks out loud. What does "P.W." stand for, anyway?

Privately in his mind, he thinks, The first thing that "W" brings to mind is "wyrm", as in the creature we failed to defeat. What did our failure cause?

Prince_Selm
2013-10-26, 10:52 AM
Suddenly, a nearby pile explodes as Blazeheart stands up out of the rubble, eyes ablaze.

Okay.

Everyone has 15 seconds to explain what's going on before I get mad.

Raunchel
2013-10-26, 02:43 PM
Chloris has to move, stillness is anathema to her. It hurts, but she has no choice. All this is surprising, she expects Ashmouth, not this. She looks around, utterly stupefied.

Snacs
2013-10-27, 10:03 PM
The plant-woman looks deep in thought for a moment, though her eyes widen slowly at Katarina's words.

"Oh dear. Is that...is that true?" She stepped forward, putting hands on KAtarina's shoulders with an intense look of what....should...have been hope, but tinged with desperation. As Erathamus talks she seems to calm a bit, glancing voer her shoulder to answer.

"Oh! Post-War. After Ashmouth-"Flora turns at the explosion, even as the great Beast besides her opens its mouth at the aggressive movement and Roars, great wings spreading up and open against the sky. It rears back, heavy feet stamping as it eyes Blazeheart with a wary, angry stare.

Thokk_Smash
2013-10-27, 10:19 PM
Erathamus waves down Blazeheart as the woman speaks. Her words take a few seconds to sink in, but when they do he wishes she hadn't said anything. Heironeous preserve us, he whispers, stumbling back. That's not possible. Over a century and a half!? How could that happen?

He rubs his face with his hands, groaning in anger and frustration. Why not just kill us? he mutters. Turning back to the woman, Where is Ashmouth now?

Blinking in realization, he rummages in his pouches until he finds his trusty map. Unrolling it, he presents it to the woman. How different is this map from the current layout of the world? he asks.

MikelaC1
2013-10-28, 06:22 AM
KATARINA

More like a millenium and a half corrects Katarina with a sigh.
You said post war, after Ashmouth. Is he no longer here?

Prince_Selm
2013-10-28, 08:22 AM
Clearly not understanding what's going on, coupled with a recent staring contest with the beast, Blaze has apparently decided on other priorities.

You roar at me one more time, and I'll roar back. He tells the creature.

Without averting his gaze, he addresses his group.
10 seconds.

Thokk_Smash
2013-10-28, 08:57 AM
Blaze, stop instigating; you're obviously already mad, so stop posing, Erathamus snaps irritably. Long story short: your grandfather won, and as a way of gloating trapped us in time for over fifteen hundred years, and now it's the future where he's supreme overlord of the world or something. Details are sketchy, give us some more time to ask the woman before you start a gods-damned fight with the person and creature who dug us out of the rubble we were in.

Fifteen hundred years, he thinks despondently. My parents are dead and probably rotted to nothing by now.

J-H
2013-10-29, 08:00 AM
"Fifteen...hundred...years?" Frederick backs up to the wall and sags against it.

"Crap, we failed."

Prince_Selm
2013-10-30, 12:18 PM
"CRAP, WE FAILED!?!?!?"

WHAT KIND OF ******** IS THAT? I DON'T ACCEPT THIS

Blaze takes to the skies to attempt to disprove his teammates.

Ezeze
2013-10-30, 01:03 PM
The landscape Blaze sees above the mountain is decidedly different from the one they left behind.

The now long extinct volcano is densely covered in forest and plant life, and presumably animal life as well. To the North - maybe 40 miles as the crow flies - the situation is very different. A single castle, constructed of black stone, sits alone on scorched earth. The blackened soil seems to extend to the East and then curve around to the South, leaving the mountain upon which you were recently discovered an island of green in a barren sea of dark earth.

Prince_Selm
2013-10-30, 10:26 PM
This isn't how it's supposed to go...

Damned, Dirty, Dark magic. Too much of a coward to fight us in his own lair!

A Terrifying Roar is unleashed.

Thokk_Smash
2013-10-30, 10:51 PM
The roar shakes Erathamus from his despondency. Heironeous damn it all, Blaze, get back down here! he yells, trying to get the half-dragon's attention. We're all angry, but don't go shouting for all the world to hear! Ashmouth has had centuries to solidify his position, if he's still around; for all we know, that shout told him exactly where we are. We need to lay low until we figure this bulls**t out.

Note, Erathamus has no idea how close they are to any form of civilization; he has no idea that it's 40 miles to the nearest building, so he's being a bit paranoid.

Prince_Selm
2013-10-31, 06:42 AM
IF WHAT YOU SAY IS RIGHT, THEN WE'VE BEEN SITTING RIGHT THERE FOR YEARS.

HE COULD'VE WIPED US OUT AT HIS LEISURE! IF HE WANTS TO COME NOW, I WELCOME IT!

Raunchel
2013-10-31, 06:46 AM
"Blazeheart, please, come down to us. Maybe he did believe that we were dead, maybe he was forced to flee this place. Either way, if he didn't come for us and he doesn't know this we are at an advantage, we can surprise him and destroy him forever. We now know that we have to be more careful, but we will prevail if we plan it properly."

MikelaC1
2013-10-31, 12:04 PM
KATARINA

Yes, surprise is our one ally right now. But we need to know the lay of the land in a political sense.
You said your name was Flora? Okay Flora, fill us in. We've been out of it for 1500 years. What has Ashmouth done in that time, and where is he now? What was this war you spoke of?

Snacs
2013-11-03, 05:52 PM
"Oh Dear! Malek, please do calm down!"The plant-woman has to tug on a vine hanging off the beast's head this time to get its attention, looking back at the party and dangling a bit on tip-toes until the great beast calms down.

"Er..yes, a millenium and a half is the right number, or there abouts.."Flora shrugs as if it was old knowledge-which of course for her, it seems to be! Approaching, Flora leans over Erathamus's shoulder to peer at his map helpfully. The Paladin can smell the warm scent of flowers and sap coming off the woman, so her coloring is not just clever makeup! She points a finger at a number of landmarks in confusion, mostly towns and cities.

"Those aren't there anymore, and some of this looks totally different."She explains, helping to update the man's map. She looks back at Katarina.

"Oh..well I guess you wouldn't know would you? But really, that'd make you from before the war..."She trails off uncertainly, looking frightened. She backs up a half step as Blazemouth takes to the air, letting Erathamus and Blazemouth argue.

"Um..Oh Dear. Well. I don't think he's around right now, there's nothing really important around here except...Kator's castle and the mines I guess."Her words falter for a moment and her expression turns sad.

"That's why i was out here, I was hoping to dig out some of the older mine to use as a place for people to hide from Kator."

"What has he done? Well, whatever the Master of everything would do I suppose. The War? Oh, that's when Ashmouth conquered the heavens themselves, after taking over the world." She purses her lips thoughtfully, glancing at the still angry Blazeheart in worry.

MikelaC1
2013-11-03, 06:39 PM
KATARINA

Kator? So we have a second opponent as well as Ashmouth? Tell us about this Kator person, he doesn't seem like the most hospitable person.

Thokk_Smash
2013-11-03, 09:56 PM
Erathamus blinks. Oh, this just keeps getting better, he mutters darkly as the woman ends her talk. Conquered the heavens? No wonder you've never heard of Heironeous. If it's truly that bad, then defeating him here will be little more than soothing our own anger, although I would still dearly love to run him through on my blade.

But yeah, we're from before the war; in a way, that big war is our fault, a direct consequence of our failure to defeat Ashmouth fifteen hundred years ago. I have no idea why he merely trapped us in time instead of finishing us off, but I swear that he'll come to regret it.

Are you part of some sort of resistance, then? And defeating this Kator sounds like a grand way to mark our return to the battle, he ends with a vicious grin.

J-H
2013-11-03, 10:48 PM
"What... what of the other halflings? I failed to protect my home, and swore to hunt Ashmouth down in vengeance - along with others of his kind. Do...we...still exist, or am I the last?"

Snacs
2013-11-06, 01:37 PM
"Hmm. You aren't the last halfling, I can tell you that. There's lots of different types these days though, I guess." Flora answers with a shrug, though her expression goes flat at the mention of Kator.

"Kator is....He's the reason Malek and I don't have a home anymore." She reaches up blindly and grasps a vine hanging off the great beast's head next to her for support. The creature seems to sense his Mistress's mood and lowers his head with a chuff of humid breath.

"He burnt the grove of my people, and either enslaved or killed anyone nearby he could get his hands on. He works for Ashmouth, forcing people to mine the mountains here until they perish." The plant-like woman blinks back tears and turns to face Malek's head until she can compose herself.

"A-Anyway, that's right. We are a part of the resistance. We dig out tunnels and bolt-holes so Kator's servants can't find any of the prisoners we free. That's how we found you all. Luckily Malek here is so good at digging!" Flora pats her large toothy companion proudly on the side of his head.

MikelaC1
2013-11-06, 01:52 PM
KATARINA

Your resistance just gained several new members then. Do you have some sort of formal induction ceremony, or do we just go kill bad guys?

J-H
2013-11-06, 05:23 PM
"Different...types? If you say a dragon-wizard do it I'm not going to be... well, I won't be happy either way I think.

Snacs
2013-11-11, 01:39 PM
"Oh...well there's nothing formal or anything. If only because it's hard to find a place where you can have a ceremony and the like." Flora's smile returned like a half-wilted flower and she nodded.

"I'd be grateful for any help you can give. For so long it's been mostly just Malek and I, and a few others here and there. We tend not to meet too often, lest Kator or anyone else notice."

She turned to Frederick and shrugged delicately.
"Um...well less...plain.."She gestured at him a bit helplessly.

"most of the ones I know have horns or different colored skin or wings and such."

MikelaC1
2013-11-12, 01:36 PM
KATARINA

Then its settled, we're a part of the resistance. Now, is there something pending you think needs dealing with?

Im assuming that since we've been asleep for 1500 years, our spell slots have been renewed? Wish I hadnt used those scrolls though.

Thokk_Smash
2013-11-12, 02:23 PM
Erathamus nods in agreement. The sooner we get to work, the faster we can bring some sort of light back into this world. I vote that we take out this Kator fellow first, but I'll defer to your judgment, Flora. So let's head out...oi, Blaze!

He calls out to the still-flying half-dragon. We're joining the resistance, so get down here so we can start kicking some a**!

A nicker comes from behind, and he looks to see Hrunting trot over to him. Hey, there, boy, he says, stroking the horse's mane. Good to see you're alright, too.

J-H
2013-11-12, 06:39 PM
Frederick deftly walks up the wall (spider climb boots, or a climb check, doesn't matter mechanically) and out the hole to look at the outside. He activates his Ring of Invisibility before leaving the cave.

Prince_Selm
2013-11-13, 10:43 PM
Ah resistance. The magic word that can get a belligerent shounen hero to do anything.

Damn straight we are! Do we have a logo yet?

He slowly decends.

Snacs
2013-11-20, 09:38 AM
Flora stares a bit incredulously at the group, tilting her head as if uncertain whether they were joking with her. However, after a moment she brightens, brushing a lock of vine-like hair back over an ear.

"Oh...well, Kator is probably in his stronghold, he usually sends out his henchmen to do his dirty work these days. He's very strong though...I was planning on sabotaging the mine tonight though. We could start there and help as many people as we can escape. That's why I was digging these hide aways."

The woodling looked at Blazeheart with some confusion(and a bit of trepidation--after all, plants generally don't take well to fire!)

"A...logo? I've never really thought about it...Oh Dear, do you think that's very important?"

Thokk_Smash
2013-11-22, 01:17 AM
Erathamus shakes his head as he mounts Hrunting. Not terribly important, he says. At least, not at first; when we start rising in fame, we'll want everyone to be able to recognize us on sight, so some sort of logo will be necessary. Maybe a red dragon skull on a sword...

He contemplates as he nudges his mount to begin trotting. Flora, let's meet up with the rest of your resistance at your base of operations. That way we can finalize the sabotage plans. Frederick, we'll need your expertise here, so keep on the top of your game.

Snacs
2013-11-24, 01:46 PM
-blech edited wrong-

MikelaC1
2013-11-24, 08:41 PM
Katarina takes a spot in the marching order, quiet for now. Attacking Ashmouth in guerilla fashion isn't exactly what she had thought she would do, but sometimes necessity takes over.

Thokk_Smash
2013-11-28, 01:04 PM
Erathamus directs Hrunting to follow Flora. Lead the way, milady, he says grandiosely. He keeps his eyes open and looking around warily as they travel, seeing whether this place looks at all familiar and finding it wholly unfamiliar. The thought brings a frown to his face, still not having fully accepted their forced time travel.

Looks like we just need some DM push to get where we need to go. And happy Thanksgiving, all those who celebrate it.

Ezeze
2013-12-10, 04:07 PM
Flying or not, Flora keeps the group - and her -T-Rex - beneath the tree line. Secrecy is key.

Perception
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Stealth
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
Frederick[roll9]

Chloris notices it first and holds out an arm to stop the others. Not so far ahead of them are a small group - about six are visible, with what sounds like another two within ear shot - of large, harry, bipedal creatures clothed in armor. Each is at least as big as a horse. Their fur has a red tinge to it, and long horns sprout from their foreheads that would be bull-like in nature where it not for the cruel manner in which they twist into many-pronged spikes near the end. Each are armed for bear and talking loudly in a glutteral language only Flora understands.

They are telling raunchy jokes in Abyssal. The punchline of a truly horrid one about a prostitute turns out to be that she was dead the whole time. Disgusting.

Raunchel
2013-12-11, 04:31 AM
Chloris remains silent, although she starts to approach her death-trance. These beings radiate a foulness, one that she finds repulsive. She remains wordless, trying to remain hidden from these creatures. They will die, but they should not be given the chance to warn anyone.

Thokk_Smash
2013-12-13, 10:50 AM
Erathamus pulls on the reins to keep Hrunting from going further, although the steed is also able to see Chloris gesture to stop.

Flora, are these things allied with Kator? he asks, whispering so as not to alert the horned beast.s

Snacs
2013-12-13, 07:47 PM
Flora's large mount lowers its shaggy, leafy head to let her speak quietly with Erathamus.

"Seeing as how they are not friends of mine, I would say so, yes. At best, they are no friends"The plant-woman whispers back, frowning as her head tilts to listen to the creature's speech. Her lips twist in displeasure, clearly not enjoying what she hears.

"Perhaps we should sneak past, they're well armed, and it wouldn't do much good to alert Kator out in the open like this."

MikelaC1
2013-12-14, 06:57 PM
KATARINA

A Holy Word would dispel them back to their home plane quite efficiently.

Thokk_Smash
2013-12-18, 12:20 PM
Erathamus nods and readies his shield. I like that idea; these beasts would make good practice to see how strong Kator's troops are. On your mark, Katarina, you cast the spell and we'll charge in to mop up any who remain.

MikelaC1
2013-12-18, 08:28 PM
Katarina nods her agreement with Erathamus and creeps forward to where she is in range for her Holy Word. She summons up her innate power to penetrate spell resistance even further, and then steps forth..
HOLY

[roll0] spell penetration
will save to avoid banishment, DC30, includes -4 penalty
possible secondary effect, based on creature level, no save

Snacs
2013-12-22, 11:41 AM
"Oh Dear. I suppose we could.."Flora's voice is quiet as the rest of the party moves to engage the group of vile creatures. She gently nudges the great beast below her to follow Erathamus and Katarina.

Next to Hrunting Flora's mount crouches and tenses, its vine-shaggy wings rustling lightly as it waits for a signal to attack. She gestures softly, her voice soft but humming with power.

As Katarina casts she digs her knees firmly into Malek's shoulder blades. The great beast surges outward with a titanic Roar of challenge. Her hands reach out and the closest two foes are illuminated by a beam of silvery light. A moment later and Malek crashes down from its short, brief flight against the closest of the two, his great head crashing down to viciously bite at the foul creature.

Casting moon bolt on the closest two enemies. Then Malek is going to attack the first one. If successful he's gonna try and use improved grab:D Both enemies hit by Moon Bold have to make a DC22 fort save or lose 5d4 strength each. If they pass the save they take 1/2 str damage. Also unsure if I get any bonuses for dropping down to attack^_^

Moon Bolt:
[roll0]

Then Malek's bite attacks(They are magebane and undead bane so lemme know if they have any
spell-like abilities or spells, or are undead, as that adds +2 to attack rolls and +2d6 to damage)
[roll1]
Damage: [roll2] + [roll3] if magebane triggers
[roll4]
Damage: [roll5] + [roll6] if magebane triggers
[roll7]
Damage: [roll8] + [roll9] if magebane triggers
[roll10]
Damage: [roll11] + [roll12] if magebane triggers
[roll13]
Damage: [roll14] + [roll15] if magebane triggers

Improve grab grapple, tkaing the option to just hold the target, so Malek gets -20 to grapple, but is not considered grappled himself; the creature does not lose its Dexterity bonus to AC, still threatens an area, and can use its remaining attacks against other opponents. :D

[roll16]