View Full Version : Equipment Help(3.5)

sambouchah
2013-09-29, 11:12 PM
A friend has asked me to be the fourth member in his groups party which recently became two groups(some guys left and started their own thing).

I've been given 13,600 gold at level four and I have no clue what to spend it on. Usually I would know right away but I am pulling a blank tonight. I'm a level 4 LN Conjurer with 24 intelligence. I'm a venerable grey elf and I got to start out with +2 in any stat. If you have any other questions just ask away.

Thanks for advice, Sam

eggynack
2013-09-29, 11:16 PM
I know there's some kinda vague guideline against spending all your money in one place, but a belt of battle is always good for all occasions. Apart from that, rods of various metamagics, particularly extend, are fun for the whole family.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-09-29, 11:25 PM
Healing Belt (MIC), 750 gp
Anklet of Translocation (MIC), 1,400 gp
Third Eye Clarity (MIC), 3,000 gp
+1 Mithral Buckler (DMG), 2,165 gp
Amber Amulet of Vermin: Giant Wasp (MIC), 800 gp
Heward's Handy Haversack (DMG), 2,000 gp
Lesser Metamagic Rod of Extend Spell (DMG), 3,000 gp
485 gp remaining, a partially charged wand of a 1st level spell is 15 gp per charge, don't forget a spell component pouch and mundane gear.

Keep in mind adding additional spells to your spellbook beyond what you get automatically when leveling up costs 100 gp per page, one page per spell level. Obtaining those spells should be scrolls for 1st level spells at 25 gp each, or paying an NPC the standard fee of 50 gp per spell level (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicOverview/arcaneSpells.htm#arcaneMagicalWritings) to copy from their book. You can spend a feat on Collegiate Wizard (CA p181) to double the number of spells you automatically gain when leveling up.

Lilapop
2013-09-30, 03:03 AM
+1 Mithral Buckler (DMG), 2,165 gp
How did you get to that price? You seem to have added the 150 gp for masterwork armor/shield, but that's already included in mithril's 1k/4k/9k afaik. Did I miss anything else?

Found the passage I meant: "Weapons or armors fashioned from mithral are always masterwork items as well; the masterwork cost is included in the prices given below."