PDA

View Full Version : New character opinions(pathfinder)

MirthTheBard
2013-09-30, 01:23 AM
Hi everyone!

My friends and I recently wrapped up our previous campaign and are planning on starting a new campaign a few weeks from now, and I'd like to hear opinions on my current ideas for characters.

The campaign is pathfinder and the only restriction so far is age: our character has to be young...between 12-18 human years, so a teenager(can be any non-LA race in pathfinder I'm pretty sure).

My current thoughts for a character are either:
-A Kitsune Ninja
-A Kitsune Bard
-A Samsaran Winter Witch

Any and all feedback is appreciated, even if you want to suggest something else!

Psyren
2013-09-30, 08:27 AM
Any of those race/class combos can work well.

What are your party members going to be?

Icarusthefallen
2013-09-30, 08:32 AM
What are you wanting to accomplish with your character? Do you have any ideas for bits of background? Do you know anything about the setting? What do you normally play?

Urpriest
2013-09-30, 10:06 AM
Doesn't Pathfinder have a template for younger characters? Are you using that, or just using normal stats?

Dapple Birch
2013-09-30, 04:19 PM
It does: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability-scores/more-character-options/young-characters

It basically has you playing as the npc class most like the class you're going to be when you become an "adult" either through natural aging or through experiencing enough of the world to "grow up quick". When that happens you trade in your npc class levels for pc class levels.

MirthTheBard
2013-09-30, 08:25 PM
Any of those race/class combos can work well.

What are your party members going to be?

As far as I know, there's going to be an Aegis and a Wizard, with two more possible members that haven't said yet.

What are you wanting to accomplish with your character? Do you have any ideas for bits of background? Do you know anything about the setting? What do you normally play?

Both characters would be from nobility. the Samsaran Winter Witch would be from Irrisen in Golarion, the Kitsune Ninja from a land similar to Asia.

The Samsaran witch would be seeking learn to control herself as she hones her abilities even though she was raised to be cold and harsh, in order to achieve harmony and hopefully bring harmony to her lands one day.

The Kitsune would be playful but with a deep feeling to honor her family by becoming the best ninja she could be.