PDA

View Full Version : Red Flags

Red Moldova
2013-09-30, 03:57 AM
Red Flags

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/9735/7x7e.png

One of the five triad factions vying for control of Hong Kong has decided to turn the volume up to eleven. Non-confirmable intelligence reports that the Black Dragons have conspired with the 9x9’s and in conjunction, ambushed an armored Ares Macrotechnology transport. A transport that was carrying with it some sort of weapon that they plan to use on a number of groups in Hong Kong. Your Mission is to find them, secure the weapon and hand it over to Ares within 48 hours.

Your team is assembled in a small cottage in the countryside about 20 kilometers outside the city limits. Ares has already done some legwork on your behalf but for a number of political reasons cannot act directly. They give to you three folders, each with information on a different person in the Hong Kong Sprawl. After handing over the folder the liaison and his two bodyguards exit the small cottage without another word. For this mission your client has provided for you a Mercury Comet and a burner cell phone with a single number programmed into it which you are supposed to call when you find the device.

Dossier

Rexton
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8413/kff2.png
Race: Troll
Affiliation: Red Dragons
Birth Name: Arnold Gloucester

Rexton is a Red Dragon underboss, during the days immediately after the Ares theft he was seen asking some questions that seemed a little too insightful. Most nights he is seen with a number of associates at the Angel Club in the Central District.

Xi Shi
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/9213/8ysd.png
Race: Elf
Affiliation: Horizon Group
Birth Name: Lin Hui Tsai

Lin Hui Tsai or Xi Shi as she goes by on a number of private blacknets is a Junior Executive of Horizon Group Hong Kong Branch. She made a number of inquiries relating to a certain shipment several days before the actual theft and was even in the process of hiring some shadowrunners herself. The day before the theft however she immediately went dark, broke off negotiations with a Johnson and put in for a week's vacation. Her whereabouts are currently unknown.

Konstantin Arsov
http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/1424/375a.png
Race: Ork
Affiliation: Tolo Vory/Evo NavTech
Birth Name: Unknown

Konstantin Arsov is the Tolo Vory’s leader, he is also a captain in Evo NavTech’s Hong Kong Marine Authority. It is unclear as to how he continues to operate from within Evo’s ranks, but his position allows the Tolo Vory a lot of freedom. In recent days the Tolo Vory have been seen leaving the relative safety of Sha Tin and moving quietly through parts of Hong Kong far from their territory. Word on the street is that Arsov is looking for something.

Ralasha
2013-09-30, 06:15 AM
She picks up the folders and looks through them.

"Well now." She drops one folder, "Possibly connected, went black, probably failed and got killed..." She drops another "Asking about something... how ambiguous. However, since he's searching for something at the moment he seems least likely to be involved."

She sets the third folder aside from the others. "Most likely involved. Found asking pointed question seemingly closely related to the job almost immediately after it was done. We should go to him for info" she points at the troll "keep a watch out her her" she points at the elf "and this guy seems the most suspect to me" she points at the Ork. "Though I could be mistaken. Ah yes, anyone here not an english speaker?"

TriumphantHero
2013-09-30, 11:51 AM
"Yeah, I speak English. And I can't say calling a Vory leader suspect is wrong, but I'd say the other two sound a fair bit more suspicious to me." As he speaks, Patch seems to be slightly distracted, working on committing the files to memory.

Revanus
2013-09-30, 03:09 PM
Johnny taps Xi Shi's file.

"She's the one that stands out to me. She's clearly got motive, given her employment situation. She's savvy and connected, and she has drive--standard cogs don't play in the shadows. She also covered her bases at work--which suggests intent and planning."

Johnny pushes the file into the middle of the table. His black gloves glint in the dim fluorescent light.

"I doubt she's dead. If she didn't have anything to hide, though, she wouldn't have dropped off the map. We just have to find her."

He then puts a hand on the two remaining files.

"We don't want to waste time on false leads. The gossip will start, and the culprits will head for deep cover."

Johnny takes his hands off the two files.

"I think we should start putting out feelers--see if we can get a hint of Xi Shi's trail. If it's dead cold, we can squeeze the troll--he's either got his ear to the ground or his hand in the pot. But that should be a last resort--rolling up on a low-level crime boss will make waves."

Johnny quickly sifts through the files once more, looking for anything out of sorts.

Visual Perception:
[roll0]

"The Russian Ork is probably competition."

He then quickly shifts into the astral checking the room for anything that shouldn't be there. He also glances at the files for any traces of a signature or message. Finally, he stands up.

Associated rolls:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16128740&postcount=7

"Anyway, I'm going to set up a few safeguards while we're here. Bring in a spirit friend or two to watch the door. Standard stuff."

Johnny proceeds to call in a raven watcher--to keep an eye on the door and the exterior of the hut and report back any "guests."

Drain resist--3 Stun
[roll1]

Ralasha
2013-09-30, 03:13 PM
Kara heads out to her ambulance and goes over her vehicle check, equipment check, weapons check, checks in with her guns' AIs, her vehicle's AI, and makes certain she's ready for combat if it comes to that.

She then pings Alima Kito and asks her look into the people in the files to find out what their recent activities have been, preferably with a little more detail than was contained in the folders.

TriumphantHero
2013-09-30, 04:05 PM
Nodding approvingly at Johnny putting up a watcher, Patch says, "I do like the elf for it personally. Seems like she ran the job, or was at least linked to it. I can run a search, bring up any owned property and recent transactions. Probably won't get us where she is, but should turn up a place we can search to find out."

Not particularly waiting for confirmation on that course of action, Patch calls up a window in AR to start the search. "Don't believe she'd be keeping it with her, though, so it'd be a black bag job or a snatch-and-grab once we do have a location, I'd say. Any experience with that kind of work?"

[roll0] Data Search on Xi Shi, transactions and property

Red Moldova
2013-09-30, 04:40 PM
2:00 AM - Day 1

Revanus

Johnny quickly sifts through the files once more, looking for anything out of sorts.

Visual Perception:
[roll0]

Most of the files appear to be on the level, complied most likely from a number of different directories. The third file however, the one on Konstantin Arsov has some strange inconsistencies in the grammar. Almost as if someone went in and changed/removed a few things and tried to smooth out the wording. It may just be a bad translation but it sticks out.

Drain resist--3 Stun
[roll1]

You fully soak.

The inquiries you posted in the OOC thread were responded to there.

Ralasha
Kara heads out to her ambulance and goes over her vehicle check, equipment check, weapons check, checks in with her guns' AIs, her vehicle's AI, and makes certain she's ready for combat if it comes to that.

You ask your AI's to run diagnostics. About 15 seconds later you get a notification on your comlink giving you green lights on all your equipment as well as a more detailed readout on your current stock of ammunition and medical supplies.

She then pings Alima Kito and asks her look into the people in the files to find out what their recent activities have been, preferably with a little more detail than was contained in the folders.

Alima responds back in a few minutes "Give me an hour and I'll get back to you."

TriumphantHero
Patch calls up a window in AR to start the search. "Don't believe she'd be keeping it with her, though, so it'd be a black bag job or a snatch-and-grab once we do have a location, I'd say. Any experience with that kind of work?"

[roll0] Data Search on Xi Shi, transactions and property

Your searches come back with very little, no recent transactions or property listed but you do get something from a number of years ago. On an online barter site someone traded Xi Shi a used Ares Predator for a new comlink.

Revanus
2013-09-30, 04:44 PM
Johnny shrugged.

"I'm not a lockpicker, but I don't make a habit of leaving a trail."

With that, Johnny gently clenches his left big toe, feeling the coolness of the thin ceramic ring circling his large digit. The ring itself is fairly nondescript--just a band of basic white composite--though the inside is inscribed with Norse runes in red inlay extolling Odin's power. It's brother was on Johnny's right toe--a ring of black ceramic with a similar inscription praising Odin's great stamina in battle and bed. Of course, beneath dress socks and his black leather oxfords, Johnny was fairly certain nobody was looking at his toes.

With his power focus activated, Johnny proceeds to enlist the help of a spirit of man, channeling the careful mix of politeness, humor, and disinterest that his mentor had taught him.

Summoning Man (force 3) (summoning(1)+magic(5+2)+mentor bonus (+2 man)
[roll0]

Drain:
[roll1]

Revanus
2013-09-30, 04:48 PM
"Also, the Ork's file has been scrubbed a bit. Looks to me like the background info's been sanitized at some point--possibly even fabricated. Might be worth prying into."

Ralasha
2013-09-30, 04:50 PM
She locks up her 'Ambulance' and has the AI set to alert her if anything is detected coming within 30 feet by the sensors.

She then heads back into the house, and looks at the others, her expression, and tone one of condescending boredom. "I need to restock on slap patches. Which means I need to stop by the local medimart, anyone need anything while I'm out? No? Ok, good." She turns and walks back out to her van, has it run a check again. And if greenlights, gets in and starts it up. Then she uses her comm to find the local medimart.

Revanus
2013-09-30, 04:57 PM
With a quick thought, Johnny instructs his raven to tail Kara.

Trust has no place in this line of work.

Once Johnny finishes his summoning ritual of the man spirit, he calls in another watcher to take the raven's place in sentry duty.

Summoning Watcher:
[roll0]

Drain:
[/rollv]10d6[rollv]
Oops.

Revanus
2013-09-30, 04:59 PM
Replacement Roll:
Drain (4):
[roll0]

Red Moldova
2013-09-30, 05:08 PM
Revanus
Johnny shrugged.

"I'm not a lockpicker, but I don't make a habit of leaving a trail."

With that, Johnny gently clenches his left big toe, feeling the coolness of the thin ceramic ring circling his large digit. The ring itself is fairly nondescript--just a band of basic white composite--though the inside is inscribed with Norse runes in red inlay extolling Odin's power. It's brother was on Johnny's right toe--a ring of black ceramic with a similar inscription praising Odin's great stamina in battle and bed. Of course, beneath dress socks and his black leather oxfords, Johnny was fairly certain nobody was looking at his toes.

With his power focus activated, Johnny proceeds to enlist the help of a spirit of man, channeling the careful mix of politeness, humor, and disinterest that his mentor had taught him.

Summoning Man (force 3) (summoning(1)+magic(5+2)+mentor bonus (+2 man)
[roll0]

Drain:
[roll1]

[roll0] - You succeed with 3 services and fully soak.

You also summon another watcher and have it follow Kara, resisting that drain as well.

Ralasha
She locks up her 'Ambulance' and has the AI set to alert her if anything is detected coming within 30 feet by the sensors.

She then heads back into the house, and looks at the others, her expression, and tone one of condescending boredom. "I need to restock on slap patches. Which means I need to stop by the local medimart, anyone need anything while I'm out? No? Ok, good." She turns and walks back out to her van, has it run a check again. And if greenlights, gets in and starts it up. Then she uses her comm to find the local medimart.

Again you get green lights, as you walk out to your vehicle you get a ping on your comlink warning you of someone moving within 30 feet of it (you). Opening the local directory you do a search and find a pharmacy about a quarter mile from your location called Watson's

Ralasha
2013-09-30, 05:13 PM
She unslings her rifle, and glances about, checking under her van for feet, and crouching down against a tire.

Stealth: [roll0]

Standard Perception: [roll1]

Hearing: [roll2]

She shakes her head, confirms that it was her, and gets in the van, and has it drive itself to the pharmacy. Keeping her rifle ready.

Red Moldova
2013-09-30, 05:26 PM
Ralasha
She unslings her rifle, and glances about, checking under her van for feet, and crouching down against a tire.

Stealth: [roll0]

Standard Perception: [roll1]

Hearing: [roll2]

She shakes her head, confirms that it was her, and gets in the van, and has it drive itself to the pharmacy. Keeping her rifle ready.

Moving quietly around your van you do a quick search around the area and find nothing out of the ordinary, just the little cottage surrounded by trees and the vehicles parked in the driveway. 2 Suzuki Mirages, a GMC Bulldog, your Rover and the Mercury Comet they provided for you. Pausing to listen for any stray sounds you pick up the sound of conversation coming from the cottage. Straining your ears a little more you can hear the soft rush of traffic on the highway at the end of the dirt road.

Ralasha
2013-09-30, 05:27 PM
She climbs in and has her autopilot/AI drive her to the pharmacy, rifle in hand.

TriumphantHero
2013-09-30, 05:31 PM
"Looks like Xi Shi is careful, didn't turn up much with a search, just her trading a 'link for a gun. Which I guess means she's into something a little shadier than your standard wageslave, but we already knew that. Could try some more aggressive information-gathering but that runs the risk of getting caught. Thoughts?"

Red Moldova
2013-09-30, 06:15 PM
She climbs in and has her autopilot/AI drive her to the pharmacy, rifle in hand.

(What are you guys doing while she's headed to the store?)

Ralasha
2013-09-30, 06:29 PM
She's watching the traffic and people around her in a paranoid manner, it looks like at least two super-corps are involved in this, and in reality, she has no concrete means of being certain that those who hired her are who they say they are.

And assuming that noone knows they've been hired would be likewise foolish.

Driving in a marked (privately owned) Ambulance could also cause her trouble, but this is her vehicle, and she isn't about to use one 'provided for free', except as a last resort.

Red Moldova
2013-09-30, 07:44 PM
2:15 AM - Day 1

Ralasha
She's watching the traffic and people around her in a paranoid manner, it looks like at least two super-corps are involved in this, and in reality, she has no concrete means of being certain that those who hired her are who they say they are.

And assuming that noone knows they've been hired would be likewise foolish.

Driving in a marked (privately owned) Ambulance could also cause her trouble, but this is her vehicle, and she isn't about to use one 'provided for free', except as a last resort.

You drive down this dirt driveway until you hit the highway and take it east till you hit what looks like a small town, the large glowing skyscrapers and towers of Hong Kong looming in the distance. Pulling into the parking lot you've noticed nothing suspicious. Heading inside you find what you'd normally expect of a civilian pharmacy.

Revanus
2013-09-30, 11:23 PM
Johnny looks at the hacker.

"So, nothing useful on the grid?"

Absentmindedly, he fingers his own turned-off comlink. He'd rather not use his own sources just yet.

TriumphantHero
2013-10-01, 02:08 AM
"Nothing publicly available anyway. I can dig into start looking in less public places, but that runs the risk of tipping off the target or making a third party hate us."

Revanus
2013-10-01, 09:42 AM
"Do it."

With that, Johnny flips his own comlink on to hidden/passive.

Ralasha
2013-10-01, 01:28 PM
She grabs a few stim patches, Antitoxins and sedative patches, and a pack of smokes. She then finds the nearest eatery on her (implanted) comm as she pays and heads out, and places an order for some food.

Four of each for stim Antitoxin, Stim, and Sedative (Tranqs), at rating 6.

(50x6)x4: 1200 for Antitoxins

(25x6)x4: 600 for Stims

(20x6)x4: 480 For Tranquilizer Patches

Uncertain as to the price of a pack of smokes.

She leaves the Pharmacy hoping her contact gets back in touch by the time she's gotten her food.

mattman8129
2013-10-01, 03:29 PM
Stumps finally stands from where he was sitting in the corner. You hear a slight creak and whir as he moves the first time.

"I personally don't really care who head we go bash first, but you folks got to understand.....I'm here to smack people around and make sure all you chummers make it out alive. Just point me a direction and I will go, but you brains got to pick one first."

He heads towards the window to look out.

Revanus
2013-10-01, 03:56 PM
Johnny glances over.

"Noted."

TriumphantHero
2013-10-01, 07:12 PM
Patch nods to acknowledge Johnny's decision, "I might be out for a little bit, don't worry about it unless my brain starts leaking out my ears."

With that, he jumps into cold VR, and psyches himself up before working on getting at her personnel file in the Horizon Hong Kong node.

Red Moldova
2013-10-01, 08:23 PM
Ralasha
She grabs a few stim patches, Antitoxins and sedative patches, and a pack of smokes. She then finds the nearest eatery on her (implanted) comm as she pays and heads out, and places an order for some food.

Four of each for stim Antitoxin, Stim, and Sedative (Tranqs), at rating 6.

(50x6)x4: 1200 for Antitoxins

(25x6)x4: 600 for Stims

(20x6)x4: 480 For Tranquilizer Patches

Uncertain as to the price of a pack of smokes.

She leaves the Pharmacy hoping her contact gets back in touch by the time she's gotten her food.

When you arrive in the store the young twenty-something wearing a labcoat over a Seattle Screamers t-shirt behind the counter has this faraway look in his eyes, obviously watching something on his AR display. When you walk up to the counter he blinks and his eyes focus on you. Reading him your order he ducks behind the counter, fills your order and rings you up.

TriumphantHero
Patch nods to acknowledge Johnny's decision, "I might be out for a little bit, don't worry about it unless my brain starts leaking out my ears."

With that, he jumps into cold VR, and psyches himself up before working on getting at her personnel file in the Horizon Hong Kong node.

Make a Hacking + Exploit Extended Test

Ralasha
2013-10-01, 08:28 PM
Kara pays the man, and heads out of the store heading to pick up the food she ordered.

Red Moldova
2013-10-02, 04:40 AM
3:00 AM - Day 1

You continue to hang around the drab cottage waiting for Kara to return and Patch to finish his work on the Matrix. About an hour after she left you hear a vehicle pulling up the driveway, a peek through the curtains reveals it to be her Rover.

RalashaYou receive a ping on your Comlink, glancing down with the bags in your arms you see that it's Alima. "Hey, I did some digging." She sends you an encrypted file with a number of small files attached to a summary for each subject.

------

"Rexton's story is a pretty good read, he started out on the street as an enforcer for the Triads and after dodging enough bullets his bosses thought he was worthy of a promotion. Unfortunately for him it seems as though he has a weakness for online poker, he's racked up quite the gambling debt with a prominent local hawaladar. From the chatter crossing ShadowHKG it sounds like he's in for some rough times ahead if he doesn't come up with the cash soon."

------

"I don't see much here about Xi Shi, it looks like someone erased her tracks. Lin Hui Tsai however is a different story, apparently she has been an up-and-comer in the Corporate World. A Chinese native, she graduated with honors from Georgetown University in the UCAS and moved back here shortly after. It looks like her records are pretty clean but...I'm seeing a reference here to an incident with Lone Star but I can't seem to bring up an official file. Whoever is protecting your girl here is going through a good deal of trouble to keep it squeaky clean."

------

"Konstantin Arsov like all career mobsters is a bit hard to pin down, there's a lot of conjecture on the true story behind who he is and how he's able to lead his double life but the one that I found that seems most likely is that they know about it. He can lead the Tolo Vory from within Evo NavTech’s ranks because they know he’s there and they let him do it. They're well aware of Captain Arsov’s double-life but just as it benefits the Vory, it also benefits Evo. The relationship goes both ways—Evo uses Arsov to expand Evo’s influence in the criminal underworld throughout Asia."

A couple minutes after that first message is sent you get another message with the tag "Arsov", much smaller than the first. "I just found something, a requisition for some major military hardware. I'd be careful about tangling with this guy Kara."

Ralasha
2013-10-02, 05:01 AM
Kara comms back "Thanks hun, let me know if anything new shows up yeah? Just don't go digging two deep, and keep your nose clean, this makes 3 or four corps involved."

Kara then runs another systems check, if all shows green she gets in her van, and heads back to the shack.

Revanus
2013-10-04, 01:35 AM
Johnny paces a bit, before finally triggering his comlink.

Let's see what ol' HQ knows.

Opening up a secure channel to a known message drop address, Johnny types a brief message.

Jenny,

I just heard that Marita lost a puppy. Seen any flyers? Marita's hoping it's Sunny so she can find it, but it might be really dark--_-even overcast like Moscow. Anyway, I'll be working tomorrow. Let me know if you hear anything.

<3

OOC Translation: I just heard that Ares lost a weapon. Hear any news? Ares thinks its Horizon, but it might be the Red Dragons, or Evo/Vory...
-----
Code: Marita=Ares (Marita-->Mars-->Ares). Puppy=Weapon (Puppy-->Bullpup). Sunny=Horizon. Really Dark=Red Dragons. --_- = e.v.en overcast . Moscow = Vory.

His contact with Tir would get the code, easily.

"Ok guys, it's getting late. Don't stop what you're doing, but we may need to get this show on the road. I want to be able to hit the Red Dragons before the club closes.

When our driver gets back, we're all going for a ride."

He glances at the resident tech wiz.
"You can hack from a moving vehicle without motion sickness, right?"

With that, Johnny jumps into astral, sending his summoned Man spirit to standby while checking on his watcher to find out how far Kara is from the shack and what she's been up to.

Red Moldova
2013-10-04, 02:00 PM
(Kara was actually back at about 3:00 AM, let me know what you guys decide to do. Patch has finished hacking by 5:00 AM or you can do stuff while he finishes)

Ralasha
2013-10-04, 11:27 PM
When Kara gets back, she puts two of each patch into her medkits, and keeps one on her person, along with the biomonitor.

She goes back in, and sits on a chair slightly separated from the others, where no one can get behind her, rifle slung. She engages her internal music player while her gaze becomes slightly unfocused as she reads a book in her head.

"So... that gangster has apparently been buying military grade weaponry and equipment. He probably knows where it is, and is most likely preparing to go after it. I vote we wait until he gets it, then he'll be weakened slightly, and it'll be easier for us to reclaim it."

Revanus
2013-10-05, 12:35 AM
"That plan is unviable. We have less than 48 hours to actually retrieve and deliver the package. There's absolutely no guarantee that anyone is going to act within our timeframe--while ceding the package to another party is a good way to guarantee failure."

Johnny looks at Kara.

"Which gangster, exactly, has been buying up the weaponry? Because I think we're about to pay the Red Dragons a visit, and you're the wheels. If they can dent your ride, that's pertinent information."

Ralasha
2013-10-05, 02:29 AM
"They can dent my ride. As you so eloquently put it." She continues to look somewhat unfocused as she speaks, the area around her behind the pages of the book she is reading in her vision.

"I'm not taking my ambulance up to their doorstep though. So if you think I'm going to drive everyone there and use it as an escape vehicle you can forget it."

Red Moldova
2013-10-05, 06:56 AM
5:00 AM - Day 1

RevanusYes, unfortunately I heard that as well. Poor Marita has been heartbroken over its loss. Just as well though, I heard that her and Roman were moving into a new apartment and going to have to give it away. As far as the weather I fear you may be right, it’s quite dark outside and I think I hear thunder.

OOC: I really did try to come up with an in-character passage that made sense but nothing really fit so I’m just gonna say that this makes sense to your character.

Ares has indeed lost a valuable piece of equipment though “Jenny” isn’t quite sure that it’s a weapon. A number of emails exchanged between agents of Evo and Ares suggest that whatever it is, was being worked on by Ares on behalf of Evo. Horizon has been poking around but they’ve done nothing overt, the Tolo Vory (vory in this region) though have been stirring up trouble. Word on the street is that they got into a gunfight sometime last night with the Triads, the cause of the altercation is currently unclear.

TriumphantHeroYou go through the personnel files and find her under the employee directory. Her history is mostly what you already know, where she was born, where she went to school, when she was hired. What gets interesting is when you read into more recent events.

You see that three years ago she was promoted to Vice-President of Operations for Virtual World Disney, also known as Virtual Horizons Disney, an amusement park on Lantau Island in Hong Kong. From there she showed great management skills, diversifying the park with new and exotic attractions.

The file is mostly unchanged since then, praise by her superiors, small footnotes, until about a month ago. Starting roughly 5 weeks ago human resources started receiving complaints from her subordinates. They claim that she was barely there and when she was she was always distant.
There are various notations in the file about warnings by superiors to clean up her act. The final notation in her file says that upon returning from her vacation she is to be dismissed.

Revanus
2013-10-05, 01:24 PM
Johnny scans his incoming message, and then gives Kara a careful glance. Offering a conciliatory smile, he spreads his hands wide to show a lack of aggression.

Etiquette Roll:I realize I'm rolling against a PC--I figure it'll just help improve the tone of Johnny's actions.
[roll0]

"I've had an update from a contact. Seems that whatever this piece of tech is, it was being worked on by Ares on behalf of Evo. Horizon's been poking around, but they've been keeping things low-key. The Vory, on the other hand, have been stirring up trouble, and had a shootout with the Triads just last night. You ask me, could be that Konstantin is playing the Evo side of the coin for the profit of the Vory or personal gain--but I think we really need a better street-level source. Hence, my desire for a chat with the Red Dragons."

Johnny glances at Patch.

"How's the hacking going? Whatever we choose, I think we're taking our show on the road. Still, get any info?"

Finally, he glances back to Kara and nods outside.

"My apologies. I assumed you were a transport specialist. A getaway driver. But perhaps I've misunderstood your skillset?"

He shrugs.

"If you don't want to jeopardize your ambulance, we also have that ancient Mercury outside--although it might be a tough squeeze for all of us. The fact is, we need some more info, and it seems like the Red Dragons and ol' Arnold Gloucester can shed some light on what's going on."

He shoots Kara a smile.

"Sound good?"

mattman8129
2013-10-05, 07:41 PM
Stumps stands up and nods.

"Sounds like its time to move, I think we should take the car and ambulance both, once we get into town I can pick up my bike, its on the way. That will give us a little bit better scouting ability and will make us a harder target to take out with a single rpg"

Opens his comlink to the garage where he keeps his bike

"Hey Sam its stumps, get my bike ready to go, I will be in to pick it up"

Ralasha
2013-10-05, 08:01 PM
"I'm a medic, or more specifically a trained and qualified combat medic, and paramedic. I believe that answers your question.

Revanus
2013-10-05, 09:06 PM
Johnny nods at Stumps.

"Stumps has the right of it. Let's get moving before the clubs shutter up. At the very least, I expect Stumps and I will head into the club. I'll attempt to charm our Red Dragon friend, but if it doesn't work, we may just have to pull a snatch n' grab."

He nods to Kara.

"Depending on whether or not Patch is still doing our "digital reconnaissance," I suggest one or two of you should stay behind in case we need a quick getaway. Otherwise, you're both welcome to join us inside--perhaps Patch can slice through the Mr. Glaucester's comlink or whatever forms of "secure" data storage they've got on-site. Meanwhile, Kara, you're welcome to either lend your combat expertise to our negotiation, or hang back and keep an eye on Patch. It also wouldn't hurt to keep an engine running in case we have to disappear."

Johnny takes the files and any sensitive material from the table and slips it into his long coat. He then moves to the front door.

"Shall we?"

Ralasha
2013-10-05, 10:07 PM
Kara shrugs, bookmarks her page and paragraph, stops her music, and focuses. "My ambulance can handle it's self. I'll be coming in. Maybe I can get some explosives while we're in there, or a secondary backup weapon."

TriumphantHero
2013-10-06, 07:38 PM
Coming out of VR, Patch announces, "seems Xi Shi is on the way out. Losing the cushy Horizon job once she gets back from her vacation. We can probably use that. And as for needing a getaway driver, I can do that. Prefer to, in fact. Not a fan of meetings. Or bullets."

Ralasha
2013-10-07, 01:22 AM
"What makes you think she doesn't already know?"

Revanus
2013-10-07, 10:57 AM
"Hold on a sec. Let me wipe up my astral tracks."

Johnny quickly activates his power focus and summons another watcher, to keep an eye on traffic and their surroundings as they drive.

Summon: [roll0]
Drain: [roll1]

He then deactivates his power focus and slips into the astral, to scrub the area of any astral traces.
Rules say it takes a number of complex actions. I think the only things left are the recent watcher summoning and power focus. So 3 complex actions, but narrative time-->treat as finished?

Finally, he returns his attention to the group.

"If she's getting fired, she's about to lose all of her priviledges. She's in a position of weakness. That being said, her firing suggests she may not have been the responsible party."

Johnny looks at Patch.

"Thanks for all the work. You're welcome to be our wheelman. Let's hit the road. And don't forget to lock up."

With that, Johnny strides out the front door and heads to the Mercury.

Revanus
2013-10-07, 12:57 PM
Fieldcraft 101, Johnny! You're no rook.

Outside, it occurs to Johnny that he hasn't left behind anything to watch their safehouse.

Quickly he summons up another watcher to watch the interior of the safehouse and occasionally pop outside to report any guests or movement.

He then slips into astral to wipe away the traces of this magic, as well.

Finally, he continues on his way to the car.

Rolls:Summoning (no focus): [roll0]

Johnny has two 2 hour watchers--one for the trip, one for the sentry duty. I think my earlier watchers have expired by now.

Red Moldova
2013-10-07, 03:26 PM
Fieldcraft 101, Johnny! You're no rook.

Outside, it occurs to Johnny that he hasn't left behind anything to watch their safehouse.

Quickly he summons up another watcher to watch the interior of the safehouse and occasionally pop outside to report any guests or movement.

He then slips into astral to wipe away the traces of this magic, as well.

Finally, he continues on his way to the car.

Rolls:Summoning (no focus): [roll0]

Johnny has two 2 hour watchers--one for the trip, one for the sentry duty. I think my earlier watchers have expired by now.

(Didn't know you could do that, I just reread the sections on astral signatures and yea. It only takes a couple of minutes to erase the signatures for your spirit of man and the 3 watchers)

Ralasha
2013-10-07, 03:56 PM
Gets in ambulance, follows.

((On phone, not net friendly.))

Red Moldova
2013-10-08, 04:40 AM
So, where are you guys driving to?

Revanus
2013-10-08, 10:22 AM
(Angel Club)

TriumphantHero
2013-10-08, 03:32 PM
Patch logs out of his admin account and changes his access ID in case anybody notices something amiss and comes looking before heading out with the rest.

Buying successes to spoof the ID, only takes 2. If the Mercury can be rigged, I'll be doing that, otherwise I'll take the wheel manually.

Red Moldova
2013-10-09, 07:19 PM
5:30 AM - Day 1

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/9601/tfcu.png

Pulling out of the dirt driveway and pulling onto the highway you're immediately greeted by the sight of Hong Kong looming in that shadowy twilight just before the sun rises. Traffic reports automatically pop up on your AR displays and the roads in and out of Hong Kong are very light on traffic. Heading into the city, you bob and weave through the obstacle course that are the various people getting up and going about their business, many of them boldly crossing the street without even looking.

Driving cautiously through the city you make your way towards Downtown Hong Kong and the Central District. The Central District is the center of industry in Hong Kong, a narrow but crowded band of skyscrapers stretching all along the western Victoria Harbor coastline on Hong Kong Island, enveloping even the old Western District and Kennedy Town.

Stopping outside the skyscraper the info on your comlinks tell you that the Angel Club is on the 43rd Floor.

Triumphant Hero
Patch logs out of his admin account and changes his access ID in case anybody notices something amiss and comes looking before heading out with the rest.

Buying successes to spoof the ID, only takes 2. If the Mercury can be rigged, I'll be doing that, otherwise I'll take the wheel manually.

It does not have rigger adaptation, in fact upon closer inspection the car's wireless link has been pulled entirely, you can only operate it via the traditional means. It has had other modifications to it as well, the Mercury has been fitted with ballistic armor (Personal Armor Rating 5) surrounding the inside as well as a Nitrous Injection system (6 Charges)

(Information on these modifications can be found in Arsenal under the Vehicle Modifications Subsection).

Revanus
2013-10-09, 07:34 PM
Johnny quickly jumps into astral, searching for anything out of the ordinary.

[roll0]

He then jumps back to the real world and takes in the street with his normal eyes.

[roll1]

He then turns to Patch.

"Think you can get a fix on any data from here? If you can find some sort of data cache regarding the item we're out to find, great. Otherwise, anything that might give us a leg up on the Red Dragons and ol' Arnie would be good. I'd rather do this the easy way--which doesn't necessarily include getting trapped in a gang-affiliated sky-high club."

Johnny glances at the top of the skyscraper. He'd rather not simply waltz into enemy territory, especially since the club isn't ground level and won't be easy to bail from.

I could always levitate down...but that'll leave one hell of a signature.

Ralasha
2013-10-09, 11:42 PM
She does a systems check.

Red Moldova
2013-10-10, 12:47 AM
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/1158/mzev.png (https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=204325733307448313114.000464da09fda27c13ef 4&msa=0&ll=22.295197,114.171917&spn=0.001611,0.002642&source=gplus-ogsb)

Hong Kong Sprawl Sites Map (https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=204325733307448313114.000464da09fda27c13ef 4&msa=0&ll=22.295197,114.171917&spn=0.001611,0.002642&source=gplus-ogsb)

(In case the link above doesn't work the location of the building is the The Peninsula Hotel, just find it under the list of Shadowrun Locations that should be on the left)

Revanus
Johnny quickly jumps into astral, searching for anything out of the ordinary.

[roll0]

Perceiving astrally your vision is filled with what looks like some sort of interference, a faint trail interwoven with different people on the street, you see that it flows upwards and glancing skyward you're astonished with what you see. In the skies above Hong Kong you see a great writing white stream of energy flowing down from the barely visible Victoria Peak through the city, skyscrapers like rocks jutting up from a streambed.

On the ground, looking more closely at the people the white ribbons of energy are flowing from, you suddenly recognize them as free spirits, wearing the physical form of humans.

(You can roll anything related to Magic such as magic theory, magic traditions, and the like to know what this is.)

He then jumps back to the real world and takes in the street with his normal eyes.

[roll1]

Casting about glances you see that aside from the free spirits there are a number of people on the street. Most of them in business casual with the occasional street vendor selling hot food.

Ralasha
She does a systems check.

Doing a systems check everything is still good, though if you do tell your agent to alert you when something approaches you may want to shorten the distance at which you want the agent to trigger a warning. Reading your sensors lots of things are moving within 30 feet of you, other cars passing you on the street, pedestrians on the sidewalk and crossing the road, etc.

Ralasha
2013-10-10, 12:56 AM
I tell the AI to alert me if someone attempts to enter the vehicle, or if the vehicle takes damage, and to shut down all non-essential systems until I return. I'll be using my datajack to alert it. So no-one should be able to hotwire it.

mattman8129
2013-10-10, 08:21 AM
After setting his bikes security to full stun he walks over to the group.

What's the plan boss man. Going into the hotel could end up bad of we have to make a quick escape, but it seems we don't have much choice......

He shakes his head and looks back to the group.

If we are going into this place we need to have atleast a general exit plan and we need to keep comms up chummers this would be a bad place to get lost and alone in.

Ralasha
2013-10-10, 08:25 AM
"Personally... I don't care much for an exit plan. I prefer to play it loud and hard. Both in an out, but in this instance quietly is probably the better entrance."

Revanus
2013-10-10, 11:42 AM
Johnny glances at Kara.

"That's a good way to wind up dead. That's a sprawl plan--it doesn't fly in a skyscraper right before the start of the business day."

He quickly considers how best to tackle the problem infil-exfil for the skyscraper, as well as what the abundance of free spirits might mean.

Magic Background:
[roll0]

Corporate Security:
[roll1]

He then turns to Stumps.

First step is to have Patch see what he can glean from outside. Maybe we'll be able to snatch some data without having to set foot inside. Maybe we can nab something of value to the Red Dragons, such that we can move our rendesvous to a more favorable location. We'll see."

He pauses.

"Once Patch finishes his VR recon, we'll decide if we need to enter the club. I'll probably have my spirit conceal us on the way in. Once upstairs, we'll play it cool and civil. Ol' Arnie should be a businessman. If he's quality, he'll understand the value of a favor. Or, we can offer him a bit of compensation. Maybe we can have Patch spoof a wire transfer. If we get caught in a firefight a 40 stories up, we've lost."

Ralasha
2013-10-10, 11:48 AM
"As long as I get to kill someone, it's a day worth while. You don't think they hired me as a driver or a medic do you? I mean, sure I could probably get my license as a doctor... but that wouldn't let me kill things. Don't get in my way if bullets start flying. Just run for the exit, I'll be right behind you, using a pile of bodies as cover."

She smiles as she takes off her helmet and shakes out her hair, she holds the helmet under an arm, and partially unzips her riding top just enough to show a bit of cleavage, a slightly haughty, and rather overconfident expression resting naturally on her attractive features. The expression of a woman used to getting what she wants, one way or another. Though the smile starts as disturbing rather than provocative, it quickly transforms into the latter.

Revanus
2013-10-10, 12:05 PM
"Not a fan of stick n' shock, huh?"

Johnny returns her smile, coldly.

"If that's what you're known for, the fact that you got hired for this job suggests there will be targets for you down the road. I bet our Vory friends will be happy to oblige. But this isn't the place for a bloodbath--if things go sour we'll either be stuck in a killzone, or making a very high-profile exit."

Ralasha
2013-10-10, 12:30 PM
"I'm known for all three, but generally I find I'm hired where a load of killing skill is expected to be required. My being here means medical and mercenary expertise are warranted. I'm both, therefor cheaper than hiring two runners to do the job of one. Or did you think I was just a pretty face and rocking body?" She grins sideways and tilts her head at him, as she sets her comm to passive, receive only mode. "If any of you see trouble coming before I do, ping me. Though I might not respond immediately depending on the situation."

Red Moldova
2013-10-10, 01:54 PM
Revanus
He quickly considers how best to tackle the problem infil-exfil for the skyscraper, as well as what the abundance of free spirits might mean.

Magic Background:
[roll0]

2 Hits - You know that the ley lines or Feng Lung (Dragon Lines) as they are known locally are much more pronounced in Hong Kong, perhaps due to the intersection of so many. You know that magic here is wildly unpredictable due to the skyscrapers all subtly influencing the energy in some way. The entirety of downtown is prone to surges in mana and it’s widely believed that Hong Kong’s relatively high population of free spirits is due to summoned spirits who escaped control downtown.

Corporate Security:
[roll1]

1 Hit - You don't know much, judging by the way it's listed online it looks like an office building that leases to a number of different tenants. Meaning the security isn't consistent between floors.

mattman8129
2013-10-10, 11:00 PM
Stumps sighs.

"Can you at least pull up if there is a dress code, or tickets needed to get into the club. If we happen to get that far without trouble I don't want to have to kill a doorman because he doesn't like the way my jacket looks, or that our Medic looks like she fell off the hooker bus."

Stumps thinks to himself, its like playing cards with my brothers kids or something, no one can decide which way to freak out first. Oh well I have been with worse crews...well atleast I think i have been with worst crews. Hell maybe they have a decent rum up there.

Ralasha
2013-10-11, 01:40 AM
((Did stumps say the hooker part aloud? Yes he did. Enjoy your aids (ICly). Also, good for you, you've decided to clean the elevator. Attention. Attention. Danger. Danger. Please Evacuate immediately, after have insulted a homicidal sociopath.))

Kara merely turns her smile on stumps. "At what point is the hooker supposed to save your life? I'm sorry, I can't seem to find that in my contract." She tosses him a trauma patch. "You get injured, use that." She walks into the club, helmet held under an arm.

((Rule number 1: never insult the party healer.))

Revanus
2013-10-11, 11:28 AM
Johnny glances at Stumps.

"That hothead is going to blow our op if she isn't careful. Okay, let's follow her. Let me make us invisible, and we'll follow her in. Patch--I want you hacking up a storm. If Kara is on cameras--which she probably is--we can't afford to shoot the place up."

He opens a link to Kara.

<Slow down and wait for us by the elevator bank. We'll follow you up. Also, don't get into any fights.>

He then trigger his magic foci and proceeds to cast improved invisibility on Stumps and himself at Force 3.

Improved invisibility 3(self)(sustaining focus 3):
[roll0]

Improved invisibility 3 (stumps):
[roll1]

Johnny then asks his man spirit to cast and sustain the magic "Armor" on himself--that being the only spell his spirit knows.

Jumping into astral, Johnny spots Stumps and grabs his hand.

"Okay...follow my lead."

He then proceeds to send his watcher to the roof, to report back if there are any cameras or rooftop entrances. He also asks the watcher to attempt to trace an exit from the roof to the 40th floor.

Finally, he tugs on Stump's hand, and they saunter forward into the building--Johnny taking care to stride through behind the mass of people and slip into the building without jostling anyone.

Infiltrate:
[roll2]

Revanus
2013-10-11, 11:30 AM
Drain:

Drain 1:
[roll0]

Drain 2:
[roll1]

Revanus
2013-10-11, 11:47 AM
In the lobby, Johnny takes a moment to ping Patch.

<Can you link us all up and boost our firewalls/protections? I don't want some hacker to plow through my commercial 'ware. Also, priorities: 1) Grabbing Data 2) Wiping Footprints. The sooner we're gone, the less likely the Medic will have time to do something stupid--give us a reason to go home.>

Ralasha
2013-10-11, 03:16 PM
'The Medic' meanwhile, has already boarded an elevator to the club. A good looking woman has more of a chance getting into the club alone than accompanied by a group of questionably hygienic misanthropes.

Red Moldova
2013-10-13, 01:55 PM
5:45 AM - Day 1

You all head across the street and enter into the lobby, the entrance is faced by a large receptionist desk with the glowing logo that reads "Peninsula Hotel". A number of people head in and out of the building, most of them look like tourists or out of town businessmen but occasionally you see someone really wearing last night. Dark circles under the eyes, strange stains on his clothes, matted hair, etc.

Just past the receptionist desk to the left there's a Hotel Bar/Resturant that looks like it's starting to open up, the bartender is going around to the tables and taking the chairs from on top of them and setting them on the floor. To the right theres a wide open hallway that leads to an elevator bank.

RevanusSpirit of Man Casting Armor (3 Magic + 3 Spellcasting) [roll0]

Drain Resist (3 Magic + 3 Charisma)[roll1]

Your spirit successfully casts Armor on you at Force 3 but only soaks 1 of the drain.

RalashaYou get onto the elevator with a handful of other occupants, several tourists and an Ork wearing an Armani suit. The tourists press the floors that have rooms on them while the Ork presses Floor 43

mattman8129Are you doing what Johnny suggests?

TriumphantHero
2013-10-13, 04:36 PM
Digitally requesting access to everyone's links, Patch sends out a message, "It's your friendly neighborhood Patch man, if you slave your 'links to mine I have some goodies for us." That done he runs a scan, looking for both the Angel Club node and Rexton's personal link in case he's not running hidden.

In game terms, I have a rating 1 tacsoft, which means if you have glasses with vision enhancements, earbuds with audio enhancements, or similar cyber I can bring you in and consolidate our data, it also comes with a +1 to perception dice pools, and most non-magical combat rolls

Revanus
2013-10-13, 05:48 PM
Johnny sends his link to Patch, and then leads Stumps to the elevator bank.

Once an elevator arrives, he surreptitiously boards it with Stumps. Finally, once the coast seems clear to punch a button without arousing suspicion, he'll tap the lift button for the Angel Club.

OOC: Invisible actions require some planning ;).

Ralasha
2013-10-13, 07:29 PM
Kara links, but leaves a hairtigger on the disconnect command.

She waits for the stop at the club, where she gets off of the elevator. If it isn't stopping there, she pushes the button for the proper floor. But thinks the ork might be the guy they are looking for... so, to kill or not to kill... that is the question.

mattman8129
2013-10-13, 09:35 PM
As stumps follows Johnnys lead he starts tending up, ready to run or fight.

"I will follow your lead, but lets try and keep the medic insight she seems a little sensitive and could go off the deepend."

Revanus
2013-10-13, 11:39 PM
Johnny texts a message to Stumps. He also looks around the elevator to spot any cameras.

Visual Perception Roll:

[roll0]

+1 for Patch's system boost.
[roll1]

<Agreed. Keep it on comms until we're visible again. Plan: 1) If medic is at the door, we'll (hopefully) have her hold the door for us, then come back into visible once we make it into a booth.

2) Otherwise, I'll lead us to a spot that's out of camera sight and drop invisibility. Then we'll charm our way in.>

He then shoots a group text out.

<"Medic" (Handles Only from now on--I'm "Buzz.")--we need you to hold the door for me and the Big Guy. We're currently transparent and a door opening by itself would spook the village.>

Red Moldova
2013-10-13, 11:56 PM
TriumphantHero
Digitally requesting access to everyone's links, Patch sends out a message, "It's your friendly neighborhood Patch man, if you slave your 'links to mine I have some goodies for us." That done he runs a scan, looking for both the Angel Club node and Rexton's personal link in case he's not running hidden.

Ground Floor

You find the Angel Club node but none that match Rexton's.

Revanus and mattman8129Ground Floor

By the time you reach the elevator banks it looks like the small rush of people moving around has cleared out. You get onto the elevator alone, just the two of you and hit the 43rd floor button.

RalashaFloor 33

Riding the elevator up all the tired eyed tourists obviously just arriving for vacation shuffle off to their rooms one by one, they're all off the lift by the 30th floor. As you ride up there seems to be this uncomfortable silence as the two of you listen to the elevator music, a local asian pop song fades away as Bankrobber by The Clash (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSl0w5Cqj-Y) starts playing. You catch him sizing you up and see the telltale bulge near the back of his waistband indicating a firearm.

3 Hits on your perception test - Link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16212669&postcount=46)

Ralasha
2013-10-14, 12:07 AM
Kara smiles and bends down to brush something imaginary off of her knee, giving him a fine view, if he cares to look. She then glances up at him with a saucy/flirty smirk.

TriumphantHero
2013-10-14, 12:14 PM
Logging on to the Angel Club node on whatever default account they have, Patch takes a look around, not wanting to risk a brute-force crack just yet.

Red Moldova
2013-10-14, 04:10 PM
TriumphantHero

Ground Floor

Logging onto the Node with a guest account you do some creative searching and find that there are currently 5 other devices logged on. 4 are guest accounts like yours, however 1 is an administrator.

Matrix Perception - 3 Hits (Link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16216742&postcount=49))

Revanus and mattman8129Floor 29

(We're in narrative time right now but Kara made a b-line for the elevators so she'll be there a turn before you guys. Is there anything you'd like to do on the elevator?)

RalashaFloor 43

Performing such an overt display of skin he drops all pretense and openly observes you until the elevator bell dings a few moments later and you find yourself on the 43rd floor. His gaze lingers for a few seconds more before getting off and heading inside.

The Angel Club takes up most of the 43rd floor, the elevator empties out into a hallway, on either end there is an emergency stairwell. About 15 feet from the elevator there is the large marquee that reads "Angel Club" in English. The entrance is a set of double glass doors that are currently closed, as the Ork walks up to the doors he knocks on the glass and a few seconds later a young man dressed like a busboy opens the door and lets him in, re-locking it after he enters.

Ralasha
2013-10-14, 04:15 PM
She steps out and waits. It doesn't seem likely she'll be getting in right now, It's both the wrong time of day, and the club appears to be closed or private at the moment.

Revanus
2013-10-14, 05:06 PM
OOC:
I rolled a visual perception test to see if there were any cameras in the elevator.

Red Moldova
2013-10-14, 07:19 PM
5:52 AM - Day 1 Floor 43

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/1930/3k0d.jpg

Kara is standing outside the entrance to the Angel Club on the 43rd floor when another elevator to her right dings open but no one appears to get off. The doors close and it starts heading back to the ground floor.

Revanus and mattman8129Perception - 3 Hits

You don't see ant super obvious cameras but there seems to be a section of the mirrored glass in the forward upper right hand corner (when facing the exit) that has a different texture than the glass around it. If there were a recording device that's where it would be.

(Thanks for rolling the extra dice from the tacnet separately , you actually don't get it in that situation because only Stumps and Johnny are in the elevator. Essentially the bonus of the tacnet is the number of members present - 2.)

Ralasha
2013-10-14, 07:26 PM
Kara inserts a datachip into her datajack, and listens to some music. She pings the group that the club appears to be closed, or private at the moment. Then sets her comm back to passive incoming only.

Revanus
2013-10-14, 11:10 PM
Johnny steps out of the elevator, noticing Kara. He approaches her within a few feet.

<I'm standing next to you, Medic. I'm going to tap your shoulder. Don't freak.>

He then lightly touches her right shoulder, to give her an idea of his location.

<Options:
1) Let Cyberguy work out if there's anything work exploring in the club.

2) B&E into the club.

3) Ambush the Ork and shake him down.>

Ralasha
2013-10-15, 03:28 AM
Met the ork already I think, he should prove friendly enough later.

TriumphantHero
2013-10-15, 04:00 AM
Deciding to go for a risky play, Patch goes hot VR and tries to get into that admin's link, find out what he's dealing with.

Codeslinger(Hacking on the Fly) 2+Hacking(Exploit) 7+Exploit 6+Optimization 1+Hot Sim 1+Encephalon 1 = 18d6
[roll0] Hacking on the Fly, Going for admin account on his link so +6 to successes needed.

Revanus
2013-10-15, 10:50 AM
<Great! Did you see where he went?>

Red Moldova
2013-10-15, 02:40 PM
TriumphantHero
Deciding to go for a risky play, Patch goes hot VR and tries to get into that admin's link, find out what he's dealing with.

Codeslinger(Hacking on the Fly) 2+Hacking(Exploit) 7+Exploit 6+Optimization 1+Hot Sim 1+Encephalon 1 = 18d6
[roll0] Hacking on the Fly, Going for admin account on his link so +6 to successes needed.

8 Successes with reroll

No alert seems to have been triggered yet.

RalashaYou did indeed see where he went up to a point, he disapeared somewhere into the back but then he went out of your line of sight.

Ralasha
2013-10-15, 03:44 PM
She gestures vaguely in the direction, disguising it as bopping her head to a tune for a moment.

Revanus
2013-10-15, 04:23 PM
Visual Perception:

[roll0]

Looking for entrance and security measures.

Ralasha
2013-10-15, 04:37 PM
I may be able to get in, but it'll be tight, and it probably won't work if I'm associated with you berks. No offense, but you don't possess my assets. She undulates her body, pushing off of the wall, and heads to follow the ork, the right offer can open doors. A little late, but better than seeming desperate. How long has it been since she bathed? Eew, well, no time to think about that right now.

Red Moldova
2013-10-15, 08:27 PM
Revanus
Visual Perception:

[roll0]

Looking for entrance and security measures.

5 Successes - It looks like they have a very common setup, stationary cameras that cover most of the room but you think there are a few blind spots. You see a security panel behind the bar next to the mirror, but you can't see any obvious sensors so it'd be a good guess they have something you can't quite see.

Ralasha
I may be able to get in, but it'll be tight, and it probably won't work if I'm associated with you berks. No offense, but you don't possess my assets. She undulates her body, pushing off of the wall, and heads to follow the ork, the right offer can open doors. A little late, but better than seeming desperate. How long has it been since she bathed? Eew, well, no time to think about that right now.

The Ork disappeared into the back rooms a couple minutes before, heading to the glass doors you see no one inside except the single busboy who looks to be cleaning up after last night. Picking up half-empty glasses, plates, and bottles, tossing them into a large plastic tub on a dolly. Glancing up from his work he shouts at you, the sound partially muffled through the glass. "We're closed."

Ralasha
2013-10-15, 10:36 PM
"That's great. But I have some info the boss of this place has been after, and I can promise it's worth more than your life." She tilts her head at him expectantly. "I'm sure you know his name, <insert name here>."

Red Moldova
2013-10-16, 12:35 AM
"That's great. But I have some info the boss of this place has been after, and I can promise it's worth more than your life." She tilts her head at him expectantly. "I'm sure you know his name, <insert name here>."

Rolling his eyes he says "Why can't you people all come at the same time so I can actually do my job?" Wiping his hands on his apron he walks over to the front door, swiping his thumb on the maglock, unlocking it and holding it open for you. "Last door on the left."

TriumphantHero
2013-10-16, 01:05 AM
Not entirely surprised by the alert, Patch quickly sets up a tap on the link to monitor traffic between it and the main node before anything shows up to stop him. Having done that, he hopes that nothing shows before he makes himself scarce.

[roll0] Sniffer+Hacking, successes = how many successes anyone checking needs on matrix perception to notice it. 4, not bad so long as he doesn't get another roll like that second one for the alert.

Revanus
2013-10-16, 12:24 PM
Johnny activates his power foci and decides to jump into astral and take a look around.

Assensing
[roll0]

Assuming he sees no barriers:
Johnny texts Stumps:

<Heading out of body. Stay here in case of trouble.>

He then shifts his body over so he's in contact with Stumps, and chooses to astrally project, tailing Kara beyond her vision and snooping up a storm.

If he sees Astral barriers:
Johnny ignores Kara's warning, following along behind her.
Infiltrate:
[roll1]

Ralasha
2013-10-16, 12:35 PM
Catch you berks later. she steps inside.

Red Moldova
2013-10-17, 12:08 AM
5:57 AM - Day 1 The Angel Club (Floor 43)

As you begin to step through the open door both Johnny and Kara hear the audible cough of silenced weapon fire coming from further inside. Most likely down that hallway the Ork disappeared down a few minutes before.

TriumphantHero
Not entirely surprised by the alert, Patch quickly sets up a tap on the link to monitor traffic between it and the main node before anything shows up to stop him. Having done that, he hopes that nothing shows before he makes himself scarce.

[roll0] Sniffer+Hacking, successes = how many successes anyone checking needs on matrix perception to notice it. 4, not bad so long as he doesn't get another roll like that second one for the alert.

You're safe for now. You pick up an abnormally high amount of traffic not between the Club's node and that admin you hacked but coming into that admin's node from another source. It's an active data feed, tapping into it (with your admin access) you see that it appears to be a first person view, most likely from cyber eyes or some kind of imaging device.

You see a person with a ball gag in his mouth amid five bodies that have been sort of strewn about like rag dolls in what looks like the back room of a strip club. The man with the ball gag in his mouth is on his knees before who, or whatever is broadcasting this. A few moments after you tap into it the broadcaster raises a hand and fires a silenced handgun, hitting and apparently killing the kneeling Ork. The arm that was raised was wearing a white long sleeve shirt with gold cuff-links.
Revanus
Johnny activates his power foci and decides to jump into astral and take a look around.

Assensing
[roll0]

Assuming he sees no barriers:
Johnny texts Stumps:

<Heading out of body. Stay here in case of trouble.>

He then shifts his body over so he's in contact with Stumps, and chooses to astrally project, tailing Kara beyond her vision and snooping up a storm.

If he sees Astral barriers:
Johnny ignores Kara's warning, following along behind her.
Infiltrate:
[roll1]

You see astral barriers in all solid walls around you, (but not door and entranceways). As with most buildings built within the last twenty years they've most likely layered Biofiber within the walls. It doesn't look to be too strong though so you can probably make it through if you tried.

Ralasha
2013-10-17, 12:10 AM
Kara turns to the busboy. "not to sound pessimistic, but I think you should get behind the bar and hide for abit. What you just heard is called gunfire." She unslings her rifle, puts on her helmet, zips up her armor, and slinks forward.

Red Moldova
2013-10-17, 12:39 AM
Kara turns to the busboy. "not to sound pessimistic, but I think you should get behind the bar and hide for abit. What you just heard is called gunfire." She unslings her rifle, puts on her helmet, zips up her armor, and slinks forward.

He quirks his eyebrows at you and says without emotion "Sure sure, right after this." He returns to cleaning up the lounge.

Ralasha
2013-10-17, 12:46 AM
She ***** her head, re-slings her rifle, removes her helmet, and heads back towards the sound of gunfire.

Revanus
2013-10-17, 01:29 AM
Hearing gunfire and spotting the astral barriers, "Heimdall" decides against jumping into an out-of-body experience. Instead he trails Kara, relying on his invisibility and infiltration skill to keep up and not raise eyebrows. Before he walks off, he taps Stumps to let him know the direction he's heading.

He shoots a brief text out to the group.

<Gunfire-silenced. Keep eyes peeled.>

(OOC: Essentially, Johnny went with standard infiltration, having seen the barriers. He continues to physically trail along behind Kara)

mattman8129
2013-10-17, 07:40 AM
Stump keys up his wired relexs and gets into go mode, checking his axe, sword and knives are all clear.

Stump keys his comm text (if its bad in there I will jump on hot and fastz we will know quick wether to fight or run but I will take the brunt of it to let you do your thing. If its time to turn tail just doublekey your comm, I will know what it means.)

Revanus
2013-10-17, 11:34 AM
<Roger.>

Johnny carefully slides his Predator IV out of his concealed holster, and retrieves and screws on its silencer.

He then continues on, allowing Kara to lead the way and slipping along unobtrusively behind her.

Visual Perception:
[roll0]

TriumphantHero
2013-10-17, 12:43 PM
Patch sends out a copy of the video feed, along with a message: "Got something, keep on your toes out there. I'll see what I can do about club security."

Patch uses his admin account on the club's node to bring up all the cameras, marking locations of anybody that isn't on the team for everyone on the tacnet.

Red Moldova
2013-10-17, 11:24 PM
MapROLL20 LINK (https://app.roll20.net/join/225069/N0Iw-A)

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/7272/d23v.png

Coming to the end of this hallway where that Ork disappeared off to you see that a door on your left is slightly ajar. Opening it quietly you see that behind it are two doors, one to your left and one to your right. Behind you the hallway continues on and curves off to the left and to the right.

Ralasha
2013-10-17, 11:27 PM
Kara listens sounds of talking, or movement. [roll0] (if I got all 6s that would be funny. use [roll] instead of [rollv]... oops.)

5 hits.

Red Moldova
2013-10-17, 11:35 PM
RalashaListening in closely you hear sounds coming from both rooms. From the room on the left (room 1) it sounds like soft snoring and light breathing. From the room on the right (room 2) you hear some soft padding and faint squelching sounds.

Ralasha
2013-10-17, 11:39 PM
She points to the right room, and steps aside.

Revanus
2013-10-17, 11:57 PM
<Watch my body. I'll take a magic peak.>

With that, Johnny ducks behind Stumps and leans against him to let him know his position. He then jumps into astral and attempts to project through the wall of the right room.

Passing through barrier:

(5 magic +2 power foci +6 charisma):
[roll0]

mattman8129
2013-10-18, 07:07 PM
Stumps nods and makes sure the mage is between him and the door.

Keys up his comm text

If you want me to go in it will be loud, just as likely to bust the doorframe from the wall as bust open the door. And yes I will see if its locked forst. On you signal magi.

Red Moldova
2013-10-18, 11:41 PM
Revanus
<Watch my body. I'll take a magic peak.>

With that, Johnny ducks behind Stumps and leans against him to let him know his position. He then jumps into astral and attempts to project through the wall of the right room.

Passing through barrier:

(5 magic +2 power foci +6 charisma):
[roll0]

You move through the barrier easily enough, moving through it was like pulling yourself out of thick mud but you appear on the opposite side. Inside the room you see a man in wearing most of a suit with his jacket draped on a chair next to him. He appears to be placing what are most likely explosive charges on the wall in a square-like shape about 2 feet off the ground.

About 5 bodies are strewn carelessly about the room, one of the bodies is crumpled about five feet from the door in a pool of blood that appears to be coming from wounds sustained to the head and chest, looking more closely you see that he resembles Orc from the Dossier photo, Rexton.

TriumphantHeroA minute or so after the execution the node you were watching received an encrypted message, from the feed you were watching you see the man stop and pull out his comlink, it reads "Engage Radio Silence, Proceed to Phase 2". He closes the message and starts turning off the comlink (most likely the node you're on).

(OOC: Remember that when you're still in a node when it's shut down you'll suffer dumpshock.)

TriumphantHero
2013-10-19, 12:43 AM
Patch logs out of the node, and sends out a message to the rest of the group: "They're moving to phase 2, whatever that means. May have noticed me, expect enemy activity. They've turned off links. Runners, maybe?"

Ralasha
2013-10-19, 12:48 AM
So, anyone still wonder why I said 'when the violence starts' rather than 'if the violence starts'?

Revanus
2013-10-19, 05:57 PM
Observing the demolition job in progress, Johnny scoots back across the barrier and into his body.

Mana Barrier Roll:
(using OOC roll for passing through the mana barrier)

Back in his body, he pulls out his comlink.

<One guy. He's setting up demo charges. I'm going to try to stun him from beneath the door. After that, I want the door off the hinges--drop the guy before he blows us all up.>

With that, Johnny edges himself towards the door, slipping out his endoscope and sliding it under the door to give himself a clear view into the room and at the guy with the demolition charges.

He then readies up and fires an overcast Force 9 Stunbolt.

Attack:
(Magic 5 +Spellcasting 5 -2 Sustained Spell +2 Power Focus)
[roll0]

Drain:
[roll1]

Revanus
2013-10-19, 06:02 PM
1 Edge reroll for Spellcasting Roll:
[roll0]

Revanus
2013-10-19, 06:04 PM
Finished with his initial cast, Johnny sends a quick com message out.

<Go!>

Red Moldova
2013-10-19, 06:05 PM
5:59 AM - Day 1 The Angel Club (Floor 43)

RevanusYou see him put his phone in his back pocket before shoving a small metal device into the puddy material on the wall, moving quickly behind the stage you see him take out a small device that resembles a garage door opener. Covering his head with his hands you see him about to push the button when he's hit by your stunbolt and almost collapses to the floor.

Resist spell [roll0]

(OOC: You suffer 1 physical drain)

Red Moldova
2013-10-19, 06:26 PM
Initiative Pass - 1

Turn Order
Stranger 4 <-----Current Initiative
Patch 3
Kara - 2
Stumps - 2
Johnny - 2

MapRoll20 Link (https://app.roll20.net/join/225069/N0Iw-A)

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/8607/ru2a.png

(Initiative order posted, please inform me if any of you plan on spending edge to go first.)

Ralasha
2013-10-19, 06:46 PM
I spend edge to go first so I can pull out the detonators.

Red Moldova
2013-10-19, 09:59 PM
Initiative Pass - 1

Turn Order
Kara - 2
Stranger 4
Patch 3 <-----Current Initiative
Stumps - 2
Johnny - 2

MapRoll20 Link (https://app.roll20.net/join/225069/N0Iw-A)

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/5187/bkve.png

Kicking in the door Kara does a quick sprint to the shape charges on the wall, running up she pulls out a tiny chrome cylinder from the plastic explosives just as a very dazed Ork stands up from behind the small stage. A Colt Maneater clears his waistband, gripping it with both hands he fires twice at Kara, the first shot arcing wide to the left and hitting the wall, taking a chunk out of the drywall and kicking up a small cloud of dust. The second hit is more on the nose, hitting her square in the chest, knocking her back a step.

TriumphantHero
2013-10-19, 10:28 PM
Patch calls up all the camera feeds on the club node, scanning for anyone that isn't the guy they're currently engaged with, and sends out a warning if he finds anyone.

mattman8129
2013-10-19, 11:15 PM
ooc: did you take into account my wired reflexes when I activated them in the hallway before the start, still new to 4th and trying to get used to everything.

Going to jump into melee range and hit him with the axe.

jump
[roll0]

axe attack
[roll1]

Red Moldova
2013-10-20, 04:04 PM
End Combat

Maphttp://img196.imageshack.us/img196/6215/ryzi.png
TriumphantHero
Patch calls up all the camera feeds on the club node, scanning for anyone that isn't the guy they're currently engaged with, and sends out a warning if he finds anyone.

Bringing up the feeds you can see that aside from you and the assailant there appear to be 4 other people in the Club. There are several women in the Dressing room just down the hall and the busboy in the Lounge up in front.
mattman8129
ooc: did you take into account my wired reflexes when I activated them in the hallway before the start, still new to 4th and trying to get used to everything.

Going to jump into melee range and hit him with the axe.

jump
[roll0]

axe attack
[roll1]

I'm not sure how it worked in previous editions but in 4e Shadowrun wired reflexes gives you a flat bonus to reaction equal to it's rating and extra initiative passes equal to it's rating and yes I gave you your extra dice because of the +1 to reaction.

The way initiative works is everyone rolls initiative (intuition + reaction) and then in descending order of how many hits (in the case of ties I go to the amount of dice rolled). Then everyone takes their turn in descending order and we do that until everyone is out of initiative passes.

As the Ork begins to straighten out and get a better sight on Kara he quirks his eyebrows for a moment and suddenly in a viscious display, he's nearly chopped in half as some unseen force hits him just inside his shoulderblade. Illustrated as an outpouring of blood coats the front half of this invisible person you see Stumps (at least the outline of him) standing there holding his axe.

Revanus
2013-10-20, 04:32 PM
Heimdall carefully enters the room, making sure to avoid any pools of blood.

Quickly, he walks to Rexton. Noting Stumps' glazing of blood, Heimdall texts a quick message:

<You're visible, Big Guy. Wipe yourself off good--otherwise, I might as well let you be in-sight again.>

Next he quickly jumps into Astral, to see if Rexton still has any signs of life worth attempting to magically heal.

Assensing:
[roll0]

He also carefully rifles through the Rexton's person for any items of interest, taking great care not to touch any blood or leave any traces with his gloved hands.

Search:
[roll1]

Red Moldova
2013-10-20, 04:42 PM
Revanus
Next he quickly jumps into Astral, to see if Rexton still has any signs of life worth attempting to magically heal.

Assensing:
[roll0]

Even without your check you're pretty sure this guy is gone, it looks like he took two to the chest and one to the head. Doublechecking anyway you see that he doesn't have the astral signature of a living creature anymore.

He also carefully rifles through the Rexton's person for any items of interest, taking great care not to touch any blood or leave any traces with his gloved hands.

Search:
[roll1]

Doing a quick search you find a few credsticks on him as well as a comlink and a Streetline Special tucked into an ankle holster hidden by the seam of his pants.

Revanus
2013-10-20, 07:03 PM
<Got a comlink. Check the other for items of interest, Big Guy.>

Johnny glances around the room, suspecting the explosives might have been meant to break through a false wall to a hidden compartment. If he sees something of note, he might project over to see what the fuss is about.

Perception:
[roll0]

mattman8129
2013-10-20, 09:53 PM
Stumps begins using the couch covers and such to clean himself off as best he can.

"sorry guys he shot the medic so he gets the axe, if he hadn't had the gun out could have tried to knock him out or subdue him, but when I seen her get hit...well time to take him out. Maybe one of you should check him, my hands aint the best at the delicate work."

He also then begins to search aroudn the room looking at the walls trying to figure out what the explosives are for.

perception
[roll0]

Revanus
2013-10-20, 10:08 PM
<No offense, but you've already got his blood on you. You might as well frisk the guy...getting a bit more messy can't hurt.>

mattman8129
2013-10-20, 10:49 PM
Stumps mutter fine. Then he begins to search the guy he cut in half.

Search
*okay feeling dumb here cant remember what the search roll for stumps would be and cant find it on his sheet :)*

Ralasha
2013-10-21, 12:35 AM
Kara reclaims the explosives, and pockets them, putting the detonator in a separate pocket. She walks over to the ork and checks for the transmitter for setting the explosives off.

Red Moldova
2013-10-21, 09:35 PM
Revanus
<Got a comlink. Check the other for items of interest, Big Guy.>

Johnny glances around the room, suspecting the explosives might have been meant to break through a false wall to a hidden compartment. If he sees something of note, he might project over to see what the fuss is about.

Perception:
[roll0]
Passing Through Barrier [roll0] - 2 Successes

You find nothing of note in regular space, everything seems in place. However jumping into astral you see that just beyond the point at which the explosives were placed, there's a layer of steel reinforced concrete, beyond that appears to be a vast empty space you suddenly realize to be an elevator shaft. However unlike normal elevators you don't see doors anywhere near you.

mattman8129
Stumps begins using the couch covers and such to clean himself off as best he can.

"sorry guys he shot the medic so he gets the axe, if he hadn't had the gun out could have tried to knock him out or subdue him, but when I seen her get hit...well time to take him out. Maybe one of you should check him, my hands aint the best at the delicate work."

He also then begins to search aroudn the room looking at the walls trying to figure out what the explosives are for.

perception
[roll0]

Stumps mutter fine. Then he begins to search the guy he cut in half.

Search
*okay feeling dumb here cant remember what the search roll for stumps would be and cant find it on his sheet :)*

(Searching is just a perception test, I'll use your previous roll for this)

Doing a thorough search you find that he appears to be wearing a lightweight harness beneath his clothing but not much else of note aside from his expensive clothes.

Ralasha
Kara reclaims the explosives, and pockets them, putting the detonator in a separate pocket. She walks over to the ork and checks for the transmitter for setting the explosives off.

The transmitter appears to be just a disposable detonator, cheap materials keyed to a single unchangeable frequency, the det cap is the same. The explosives however are a different matter. They appear to be of high quality. (You have roughly 2 Kilograms of Rating 10 Plastic Explosives.)

Revanus
2013-10-21, 09:53 PM
In astral space, Johnny decides to explore the elevator shaft to see where it leads.

Maybe the Ares item is stashed at the bottom of the rabbit hole...right, Alice?

Ralasha
2013-10-21, 10:07 PM
She 'pockets' the stuff. "So, now that you've killed the guy we were going to question, what next?"

I thought something else was happening, would have been funny... who'd expect repetitive noises like those to be explosives?

Red Moldova
2013-10-21, 11:46 PM
Revanus
In astral space, Johnny decides to explore the elevator shaft to see where it leads.

Maybe the Ares item is stashed at the bottom of the rabbit hole...right, Alice?

Floating down you discover that unlike normal elevators with doors on every floor it looks to be an express that starts a few floors beneath the lobby and heads directly to the penthouse.

Revanus
2013-10-21, 11:51 PM
Johnny decides to follow the elevator shaft up and explore a bit more, hoping to discover what the competition is up to.

Assensing:
[roll0]

OOC:
Feel free to have me keep penetrating barriers as they pop up. Johnny is going to follow this lead as far as possible--if he runs into astral trouble, he'll hightail it back to his body.

Ralasha
2013-10-21, 11:52 PM
Kara heads across the hall and opens the door.

Red Moldova
2013-10-22, 02:15 AM
Revanus
Johnny decides to follow the elevator shaft up and explore a bit more, hoping to discover what the competition is up to.

Assensing:
[roll0]

OOC:
Feel free to have me keep penetrating barriers as they pop up. Johnny is going to follow this lead as far as possible--if he runs into astral trouble, he'll hightail it back to his body.
(I'm gonna reroll your assensing check because you didn't use rollv)[roll0] - 6 Hits

Reaching the bottom you find that there is there is the lift parked at what is most likely the entrance. Heading topside you reach the one and only set of elevator doors you've found on in this elevator shaft. Looking around astrally however you see that approximately 13 feet (The height of the average floor) before the ceiling the barrier surrounding the shaft gets much more potent.

Ralasha
Kara heads across the hall and opens the door.

Opening the opposite door you see that inside there appears to be what remains of a party. In this room there are also a number of bodies laying across the floor and furniture but instead of violence it appears to be the after effects of too much alcohol and possibly other substances judging by the stuff on one of the end tables.

Ralasha
2013-10-22, 02:24 AM
She checks around, looking for familiar faces, though one in particular. The ork may be an imposter.

Revanus
2013-10-22, 10:37 AM
Johnny has seen enough. He decides to track back to his body and report his findings.

Revanus
2013-10-23, 08:16 PM
OOC:
I'm presuming Johnny found my way back to his body without having to make any additional rolls. If not, let me know.

Back in his own skin, Johnny types up a message.

<There's an elevator shaft behind the wall they were getting ready to blow. It leads to a penthouse. Penthouse has heightened security. Might be worth exploring.

Hacksmith: I'm booting up a comlink I looted. See if you can hack it and check the contents.

Where's the medic?>

With that, Johnny turns the looted comlink on, hoping that Patch might be able to glean some useful info from it.

Red Moldova
2013-10-24, 12:28 AM
Ralasha
She checks around, looking for familiar faces, though one in particular. The ork may be an imposter.

Inspecting each body in turn none of them look familiar.
Revanus
OOC:
I'm presuming Johnny found my way back to his body without having to make any additional rolls. If not, let me know.

The Force of the Mana Barriers that are placed throughout the building are actually weak enough that with 13 dice you can buy enough successes to get through so don't worry about the check. Keep in mind it does take a little extra time in case you're ever pressed for it.

Ralasha
2013-10-24, 12:29 AM
Does she see anyone in particular?

Red Moldova
2013-10-24, 12:36 AM
Ralasha
Does she see anyone in particular?
Not particularly, among them there appears to be a pair of escorts (both women, an elf and a human) and 3 of what look like mid-level businessmen. They wear suits and ties that are relatively new but aren't brand names.

Ralasha
2013-10-24, 12:38 AM
So familiar... how?

Red Moldova
2013-10-24, 12:41 AM
Ralasha
So familiar... how?
No, none of them seem familiar

Ralasha
2013-10-24, 12:44 AM
oops, misread. She heads back to the others. "There's a bunch of people across the hall passed out."

Revanus
2013-10-24, 02:20 AM
<Use comms, Medic.

We're sitting on top of Phase 2--which is likely "blow the wall and storm the penthouse."

There must be another way in to the elevator, but I'm not sure how to reach it.

Maybe Cyberguy can shed some light on the building plans, and any necessary security codes to access the elevator. Also, get cracking on that Orky comlink.

Pressing business: There's obviously a kill-team floating around. We have their explosives. We can set up an ambush in this room for when they come back in to figure out why there wasn't any explosion. Get into position.>

With that, Johnny decides to cross over to the stage where the slain baddie initially took cover, and find some cover of his own. He also glances about to see if he can spot any hints as to where the other killteam went, or better yet, their astral outlines.

Perception:
[roll0]

Assensing:
[roll1]

OOC:
Does assensing benefit from the power foci?

Red Moldova
2013-10-24, 11:45 PM
Revanus
[COLOR="Sienna"][QUOTE=Revanus;16280528]Perception:
[roll0]
1 Hit - You see no trace of anyone who you are not already aware of.

Assensing:
[roll1]
1 Hit - Within your sphere of influence you see no astral signatures that are unfamiliar.

OOC:
Does assensing benefit from the power foci?

No

Revanus
2013-10-25, 12:09 AM
<Immediate zone is clear. I don't see any company. Stay on guard.

Cyberguy--get us info when you can.>

Absently, Johnny checks the com link he nabbed off the Ork on the off chance that there's no security or login safeguards.

Afterwards, he settles down behind his piece of cover and continues to vigilantly scan the area in astral for any new life forms approaching.

Revanus
2013-10-25, 12:11 AM
He also decides to use some of this downtime to start erasing his astral signatures left in the room--starting with his Force 9 Stunbolt.

Red Moldova
2013-10-26, 03:26 PM
Revanus
Absently, Johnny checks the com link he nabbed off the Ork on the off chance that there's no security or login safeguards.

The Comlink you got off the Ork is actually off.

He also decides to use some of this downtime to start erasing his astral signatures left in the room--starting with his Force 9 Stunbolt.

You take a couple minutes and begin scrubbing the room of magical traces.

Ralasha
2013-10-28, 11:41 AM
((Since it has stopped moving on it's own::)) "So what's next?"

Revanus
2013-10-28, 11:46 AM
Johnny flips the Ork's comlink on.

<Cyberguy, can you get a signal on the comlink near me?>

He also scans it to see if access might be simple.

<We can borrow the other guy's plans...given that they had the equipment to get through the wall. Or, we can exfil with the comlink and plastique. I doubt they brought extra. If the com doesn't have info, I can go about tracking down our missing girly wageslave.>

Red Moldova
2013-10-31, 04:00 AM
Johnny flips the Ork's comlink on.

<Cyberguy, can you get a signal on the comlink near me?>

He also scans it to see if access might be simple.

<We can borrow the other guy's plans...given that they had the equipment to get through the wall. Or, we can exfil with the comlink and plastique. I doubt they brought extra. If the com doesn't have info, I can go about tracking down our missing girly wageslave.>

Patch says that he sees it and can access it.

Revanus
2013-10-31, 03:09 PM
<Okay. Mine it for info, pronto. I need to know if there's any reason for us to hang around. Otherwise, I think our job here is done.>

Ralasha
2013-11-01, 12:37 AM
Unfortunately, this source is now a dead end...

Red Moldova
2013-11-02, 02:39 PM
Patch

"Looking it over It looks like he's been in recent contact with three others, unfortunately it looks like he has something set up to delete all incoming and outgoing messages every 5 minutes. None of it makes much sense."

He messages all of you the copied transcript of the communications that were still on the phone before the next 5 min rotation deleted it.

Blue: Target Neturalized
Red: Target Neturalized
Green: Target Neturalized
Yellow (This Comlink): Target Neturalized
Yellow (This Comlink): Engage Radio Silence, Proceed to Phase 2
Blue: Confirm, Blue Out.
Red: Confirm, Red Out.
Green: Confirm, Green Out.

Red Moldova
2013-11-02, 02:40 PM
6:30 AM - Day 1

You guys clear out, heading downstairs and reaching your cars just before you begin hearing the familiar sounds of Lone Star sirens off in the distance and getting louder.

Ralasha
2013-11-02, 06:02 PM
We were caught on camera. Hope I don't end up with any issues. Someone should stick around to get us a smoke screen, unless patch can delete the security feeds of us.

Revanus
2013-11-03, 02:35 PM
<Not "we." You. That being said, I don't think you did anything particularly naughty. Let's head back to base and plan our next move. Maybe they'll keep pinging that comlink I picked up--they might not know it's been compromised. Otherwise, I might be able to have a "friend" of mine track down our missing "sunny" wageslave. We can also always roll up on the Russians, although I think we might have just now without meaning to.>

Red Moldova
2013-11-03, 11:20 PM
(What are you guys doing?)

Ralasha
2013-11-04, 02:07 AM
We apparently left the building. And are heading back to base.

Revanus
2013-11-04, 09:23 AM
OOC-List of things Heimdall would like to do:

1) If possible, summon the spirit of the dead Ork from which we lifted the com link, for interrogation about the missing Ares weapon. Possibly with help from my Dark King/Odin mentor.

2) Do some Astral Snooping of that penthouse with the extra astral security, to see if maybe the 'weapon' is sitting up there.

3) Use my Dark King Mentor to help me spot/track down the living soul of our missing Horizon employee, if possible, so that we can follow up in person.

4) Have Patch try to pinpoint the current locations of the other com links that were conversing with the one we lifted from the dead Ork. Alternatively, see if he can mine the current one for any artifacts of info that weren't fully erased.

Ideally, he would do much of this from our safe house, it being a secure location. How many of these things are viable/feasible?

Red Moldova
2013-11-04, 10:41 PM
7:00 AM - Day 1

As you make your way back out of the city you see police come out of the woodwork. They begin shutting down roads and streets leading out of Downtown Hong Kong. They don't seem to know who they're looking for however, they give you and your vehicles a once over and quickly wave you though like dozens of others before you. The people almost don't seem to notice and continue going about their days as if nothing is amiss. Almost as if this sort of thing happens regularly. You arrive back at the Cabin, turning off the highway onto the secluded dirt road you find yourselves back where you started.

Revanus
OOC-List of things Heimdall would like to do:

1) If possible, summon the spirit of the dead Ork from which we lifted the com link, for interrogation about the missing Ares weapon. Possibly with help from my Dark King/Odin mentor.

2) Do some Astral Snooping of that penthouse with the extra astral security, to see if maybe the 'weapon' is sitting up there.

3) Use my Dark King Mentor to help me spot/track down the living soul of our missing Horizon employee, if possible, so that we can follow up in person.

4) Have Patch try to pinpoint the current locations of the other com links that were conversing with the one we lifted from the dead Ork. Alternatively, see if he can mine the current one for any artifacts of info that weren't fully erased.

Ideally, he would do much of this from our safe house, it being a secure location. How many of these things are viable/feasible?

1. Pretty much out of the question

2-4 Achievable

In order of difficulty (from least to greatest)

2. (actually snooping isn't the problem, from your first-hand experience you know that someone put some serious juice into keeping that place locked down)

RalashaHalfway back to the cabin in the woods you get an encrypted message from Alima.

"Someone just ran your elf's prints and retrieved Lin Hui Tsai's SIN off the GSR (global sin registry)."

Red Moldova
2013-11-04, 11:36 PM
RalashaPerception - 3 Successes. When approaching the cabin you see some very subtle signs that someone else has been here. The doormat is just the slightest bit crooked, chairs aren't exactly where you left them, etc

Ralasha
2013-11-04, 11:57 PM
Our elf just got found, her sin was scanned, and someone has been here recently.

In response to Alima: Can you find out where?

Red Moldova
2013-11-06, 02:22 PM
Ralasha
In response to Alima: Can you find out where?

"Working on that now, though preliminary results show that it wasn't hacked. Someone put in an official request."

Ralasha
2013-11-06, 02:23 PM
"Thanks hun, let me know what you find."

Red Moldova
2013-11-08, 04:50 AM
(Bump the Thread.)

Revanus
2013-11-11, 01:02 AM
Johnny checks in with the Astral Watcher he had posted as a sentry over their cabin to see what's been going on.

Never forget to wipe your feet before you step inside.

Ralasha
2013-11-11, 01:13 AM
The Medic sets the security on her van, runs a systems check on all equipment, and then strips off her top, and treats her 'wound'.

[roll0]

Ralasha
2013-11-11, 01:14 AM
Because I screwed up: [roll0]

Red Moldova
2013-11-14, 03:08 PM
Revanus
Johnny checks in with the Astral Watcher he had posted as a sentry over their cabin to see what's been going on.

Never forget to wipe your feet before you step inside.

"Hey! some people came by, they wore black."

Ralasha
The Medic sets the security on her van, runs a systems check on all equipment, and then strips off her top, and treats her 'wound'.

[roll0]

Looking at your van's console you see that it seems to be blinking red. Moving closer you see that several proximity alerts were triggered. Though you received none on your end. Checking the signal strength of the van's equipment it's reading as if you were in a dead zone. Checking your comlink and other electronic devices they read the same thing. No Signal.

Ralasha
2013-11-14, 03:15 PM
She calmly gets in, makes sure no one is in her van and honks her horn several times.