PDA

View Full Version : Cobalon (Kingdom of Cobalon IC)

Gaiyamato
2013-09-30, 05:04 AM
IC thread for Cobalon.
Describe your city and anything else you would like here.

THEChanger
2013-10-01, 02:43 AM
And so it was the great hammer Thorunudin was passed down from Nordi the Smith to his son Surdi, and to his son Vestri, and to his son Austri, who led the dwarves from Asgard to Midgard, and to his son Bombur who was known as the Large, and to his son Ludvig, and to his son Torsten, and to his son Rasmus who led the dwarves to the Southern Mountains, to his son Philip, after which it was lost for a time, until it was found by Martin son of Eberhard, who gave it to his son Albreckt, who founded Azuregard, who gave it to his son Harald.

This is where the journey of the Azuregard Dwarves, and Throunudin's legacy, begins.

Summer, the season was called. Summer was a kind word to describe this. Here in the mountains all is frost and chill, and even in the warmer months the summit is covered in snow and ice. Few dwarves are brave enough to go to the Frostfell. But, just below where the trees stop their march, a band of dwarves make their home. Carved into the mountainside, the stone homes of Azuregard are nothing to sneer at. Though the village, for that is all that it is as of now, has not grown to what it will be in future years, it is a proud home for the dwarves. It was built by a dwarf who was tired of always moving. Albreckt son of Martin was a brave dwarf and a mighty warrior, but he did not have the soul power like his father did. He was no smith, but he was a leader, and he took his family here, where the mines were open and metal could easily be found. Here on Mount Glittertind, Albreckt built Azuregard. It is a simple village. Perhaps 3000 Dwarves make their homes in and around the Clan Hall, a massive communal living structure for the largest of the clans-Clan Bluehammer, to which Albreckt's line belonged. It is unknown if they are the descendants of Thorunudin's original forger, but Albreckt certainly liked to say so.

But now Albreckt is dead, and Harald takes his place. The dwarf possesses the soul power his father did not, and the skill of the smith. He is a stout, surly, but honorable dwarf, who cares deeply for his people. Yet he knows winter comes hard in the mountains, and they must be ready. His father armed his people. Now it falls to Harald to make them ready to use those arms. As for the people of Azuregard, they trade and build as they always have done, steadily turning the stone into a home.

Gaiyamato
2013-10-01, 02:55 AM
Yep.. This is now your official theme song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNE32gB_yn8).

It is a day like all others in Azuregard as the Dwarves toil away building what may well become a mighty empire one day. The troops were training, miners were digging and the craftsmen and builders were building up the town as the women-folk cared for the children, cooked, cleaned and worked where they were needed.
It was late afternoon when the call went up. "GOBLINS ON THE HORIZON!!".
From atop a peak far above two hundred Goblins could be seen moving down along the goat tracks to the village of Azuregard.

THEChanger
2013-10-01, 08:56 PM
In the dying sunlight, Harald son of Albreckt heard the watchdwarf's call. Swiftly, the young dwarf king sent for his father's troops. The dwarves he himself was training were not yet ready for battle, and he dared not risk them. No, it would be the dwarves his father trained, and him. If it came to battle.

Harald, clad in his blue-tinged armor, stood on the path leading into Azuregard, his warriors arrayed behind him. They were barely that, having only what weapons they could find. Perhaps one in twenty had a serviceable hammer. If it came to battle, Harald was unsure they would win. So. Harald hoisted Thorunudin into the air, and raised a mighty cry. "Halt! You trespass on dwarven lands! This is Azuregard, and I am Harald, Son of Albreckt, Son of Martin! I wield Thorunudin, Hammer of the Gods, and you will HALT!"

Gaiyamato
2013-10-01, 09:11 PM
OOC: Actually your first turn is complete. You may use all of the troops available if you wish.

IC:
The Goblins not only fail to halt but a well-thrown rock wizzes past your ear.

THEChanger
2013-10-02, 02:19 AM
In response, an arrow shoots over Harald's head and sticks into the ground in front of the goblin horde. Harald looks over his shoulder to see the soldiers he had trained, bows at the ready, hammers strapped to their back. He smiles. Azuregard was well defended this day. Calling his old recruits around him. "The goblins would challenge us this day? Then let them come. We are Bluehammer! We are the guardians of Azuregard! And we shall never falter!" The dwarves begin to stamp their feet, and turn to defend themselves against the oncoming goblins. The newly trained scouts readied their bows, arrows sailing through the sky to strike down the goblin threat.

To War then. :smallbiggrin:

How will combat be represented? Narratively? Do you have a map?

Units

Troop Types:
{table]Unit Name | Formation | Race | Unit Type | Training Level | Training Type | Subtype | Feats | Weapons | Armor | Cost | Upkeep
Dwarf Conscripts | None | Dwarf | | Irregular | Infantry (Heavy) | None | None | Simple | None | 110RP | 28RP
Dwarf Scouts | None | Dwarf | | Regular | Infantry (Heavy) | Scout | Fast | Light, Melee and Ranged | Light | 405RP | 102RP
[/table]
{table]Unit Name | MAB | RAB | AC | Melee Power | Ranged Power | Toughness | Wound Levels | Morale | Command | Fort Save | Ref Save | Will Save | Move | MPs | Shock Factor | Prerequisites
Dwarf Conscripts | 2 | 1 | 10 | 1 | 1 | 17 | 2 | 0 | 2 | 3 | 0 | 0 | Walk 4 | 24 | 0 | None
Dwarf Scouts | 3 | 3 | 12 | 6 | 6| 17 | 2 | 1 | 4 | 4 | 3 | 1 | Walk 5 | 35 | 0 | None
[/table]

Units and Locations:
{table] UnitID | Type Name | Location | Action | Current Wounds | Status | Numbers
Father's Warband | Dwarf Conscripts | Azuregard | Garrisoned | 2 | Eager to Split Goblin Heads| 100
Scouts #1 | Dwarf Scouts | Azuregard | Garrisoned | 2 | Eager to Split Goblin Heads | 100
[/table]

Gaiyamato
2013-10-07, 02:35 AM
OOC:
We will narrate it given it only involved a few units.

Are you holding your ground in the village and waiting for them, or marching out of the village to face them?

THEChanger
2013-10-07, 03:42 AM
The assembled dwarves charged forward, eager to test their mettle with the goblins. Harald led the charge, Thorunudin sparkling in the light as he held it high.

Gaiyamato
2013-10-07, 04:00 AM
Roll initiative (Command skill check)

Goblins:
[roll0]

Highest gets the charge given everyone is melee.

THEChanger
2013-10-07, 04:38 AM
Unfortunately, Harald was not a skilled commander in battle, having not yet trained for it. However, the dwarves knew how to fight goblins, and the troops Harald had overseen knew how to fight.

No Charisma bonus, and Command isn't a class skill for any of Harald's classes, so I didn't take Ranks in it. Now, I think I can still use the higher Command of my Scouts, but I'm not sure about that. So, if not, subtract four from the roll below.

[roll0]

Gaiyamato
2013-10-07, 06:55 AM
OOC: It goes from the General's ranks in Command. Without a general then it goes from the next highest command rank.
So you have a 12 then, which means the Goblins beat you.
What formation are you in? Just 3 units in a line vs the Goblin's two in a line?

Rolling attacks as both Gob units will target your unit anyway.

attack roll vs your leader's unit AC [roll]1D20+6 wound roll vs your leader's unit toughness if it hits.
attack roll vs your leader's unit AC [roll]1D20+6 wound roll vs your leader's unit toughness if it hits.

EDIT: Does not matter that I stuffed the Wound rolls.. they both missed!

IC:
The Goblin units charge as a single chaotic mass and slammed into the Dwarf frontline.. to virtually no effect. The stalwart Dwarves stopped the Goblins in their tracks and then set to work butchering the Greenskins.

THEChanger
2013-10-09, 01:03 AM
Thorunudin smashed into the face of a nearby goblin. A wild grin spread across Harald's face. "Push them back! Break their will! Show them that Azuregard is a force to be feared!" The other dwarves cheer in response, surging forward into the goblin horde.

OoC: Just so you know, the goblins cannot hit Harald. It is impossible.

Harald is in the middle, with the Conscripts on his left, the Scouts on his right. Harald and the Scouts will both strike the right goblins, the Conscripts the left ones.

Harald Attack - [roll0] Damage - [roll1]
Scouts Attack - [roll2] Damage - [roll3]
Conscripts Attack - [roll4] Damage - [roll5]

Troop Types:
{table]Unit Name | Formation | Race | Unit Type | Training Level | Training Type | Subtype | Feats | Weapons | Armor | Cost | Upkeep
Dwarf Conscripts | None | Dwarf | | Irregular | Infantry (Heavy) | None | None | Simple | None | 110RP | 28RP
Dwarf Scouts | None | Dwarf | | Regular | Infantry (Heavy) | Scout | Fast | Light, Melee and Ranged | Light | 405RP | 102RP
Harald | None | Dwarf | Special | Ruler | None | None | Thorunudin | Heavy | None | None
[/table]
{table]Unit Name | MAB | RAB | AC | Melee Power | Ranged Power | Toughness | Wound Levels | Morale | Command | Fort Save | Ref Save | Will Save | Move | MPs | Shock Factor | Prerequisites
Dwarf Conscripts | 2 | 1 | 10 | 1 | 1 | 17 | 2 | 0 | 2 | 3 | 0 | 0 | Walk 4 | 24 | 0 | None
Dwarf Scouts | 3 | 3 | 12 | 6 | 6| 17 | 2 | 1 | 4 | 4 | 3 | 1 | Walk 5 | 35 | 0 | None
Harald | 12 | 9 | 25 |11 | 4 | 22 | 4/4 | 9 | N/A | 11 | 4 | 8 | 6 | 42 | 0 | None
[/table]

Units and Locations:
{table] UnitID | Type Name | Location | Action | Current Wounds | Status | Numbers
Father's Warband | Dwarf Conscripts | Azuregard | Garrisoned | 2 | Eager to Split Goblin Heads| 100
Scouts #1 | Dwarf Scouts | Azuregard | Garrisoned | 2 | Eager to Split Goblin Heads | 100
Harald | Harald | Azuregard | Garrisoned | 4 | Bloodraged | 1
[/table]

Gaiyamato
2013-10-09, 01:33 AM
Characters don't have their own stats. They join units instead and give them bonuses.

Both of your units fail to wound the Goblin units.

THEChanger
2013-10-09, 01:40 AM
Characters don't have their own stats. They join units instead and give them bonuses.

Both of your units fail to wound the Goblin units.

You referenced me having three units, so I assumed we were treating Harald as a Special Unit. If that's not the case, I only have two. :smallsmile:

Gaiyamato
2013-10-09, 02:24 AM
My mistake then. Yeah you only have two then. Fairly even fight. :smallsmile:

Gaiyamato
2013-10-09, 02:31 AM
Goblins attack back:
[roll0] to hit [roll1] wound against command unit.
[roll2] to hit [roll3] wound against command unit.

EDIT: Nothing. Your turn. :smalltongue:

THEChanger
2013-10-09, 02:47 AM
Each unit attacks the one directly in front of them.

Scouts Attack - [roll0] Damage - [roll1]
Conscripts Attack - [roll2] Damage - [roll3]

Gaiyamato
2013-10-09, 02:49 AM
Battle of the sucks...

[roll0][roll1]
[roll2][roll3]

1 Wound off the Dwarf Conscripts!!

Make a Morale check (Include your +2 From having the commander there) DC 10 or your Conscripts break.

Gaiyamato
2013-10-09, 02:52 AM
Wait why is your toughness so low?

Warrior HD = 10 from warrior + Con Bonus of at least 1 from Dwarves, +1 from the infantry type, so it should be 22 at the minimum.

THEChanger
2013-10-09, 07:50 PM
That's probably because I used Commoner Dwarves as their base. It sounds as though I should not have done that. Switching them over to Warriors shouldn't be too problematic...

Gaiyamato
2013-10-09, 08:33 PM
Yeah do that now before we continue. Adjust any rolls that might have changed accordingly (though don't re-roll them).

THEChanger
2013-10-10, 02:39 AM
Morale Check-[roll0]

Gaiyamato
2013-10-10, 02:49 AM
That sucks, your main unit breaks, leaving the scouts on their own.
Your turn. You get to attempt to Rally the unit next turn.

THEChanger
2013-10-10, 02:21 PM
Harald gritted his teeth as his unit broke around him. "Cowards." He muttered to himself. Standing at the edge of his scouts, Harald began to relay orders to them. "Hold position. I'll get the others back. Until then, do not let the gobbos move forward." He then raced back after his dwarves, his incarnum-laced feet giving him greater speed than they.

Blast it all.

Scouts will press on the attack.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Gaiyamato
2013-10-10, 06:41 PM
Fighting defiantly the scouts manage to push the Goblins back slightly, killing many in one of the units.

The Goblins waver for a moment:

[roll0] morale check.

but they hold.

Gaiyamato
2013-10-10, 06:42 PM
The Goblins now press the attack against the scouts.

[roll0] to hit [roll1]
[roll2] to hit [roll3]

Failing to inflict any casualties.

THEChanger
2013-10-11, 12:04 AM
Harald stood amidst the soldiers who ran from the field of battle. "You there! Dwarves all! How dare you flee from defending your home! Is this how your ancestors expect you to act? Come! The goblins are almost broken! Victory will be ours! Come and stand with me!" The scouts, emboldened by their victories, continued to press forward.

Conscript Morale Roll-[roll0]

Scout Attack-[roll1]

Scout Damage-[roll2]

Gaiyamato
2013-10-11, 12:19 AM
You unit rallies, though the scouts fail to make further progress.

The Goblins press on, getting a little worried now.

[roll0] to hit [roll1] to wound
[roll2] to hit [roll3] to wound

Neither Goblin unit managing to make a dent in the scouts.

OOC: You could probably issue a charge action for the rallied unit for +2 MAB, -2AC for a turn if you like.

THEChanger
2013-10-12, 12:13 AM
"Now, my hearty dwarves! To battle! Charge! For Azuregard! For the Bluehammer Clan! FOR COBALON!"

Conscripts charge the wounded goblins!
Attack-[roll0]
Damage-[roll1]

If they are still intact, the Scouts will strike at them. If not, they move onto the next target.
Attack-[roll2]
Damage-[roll3]
EDIT: FUUUUUUUUUU.

Gaiyamato
2013-10-12, 01:19 AM
Oh man.. WTF was that... *coughs* oh look a God of luck.. re-roll those attacks again in full. This battle is getting stupid.

Also your conscript damage roll should be at least 1D20+3 (+1 from strength, 2 from irregular weapons).

THEChanger
2013-10-12, 03:18 AM
Conscripts:
Attack-[roll0]
Damage-[roll1]

Scouts:
Attack-[roll2]
Damage-[roll3]

Gaiyamato
2013-10-12, 03:38 AM
The Scouts bring down the wounded goblin unit, destroying it entirely.
The remaining goblin unit [roll0] holds firm.

Gaiyamato
2013-10-12, 03:42 AM
The goblins strike back against your scouts.

[roll0] [roll1]

But they miss entirely.

THEChanger
2013-10-12, 03:53 PM
Both units of dwarves bear down eagerly on the remaining goblins, wanting the fight to end quickly.

Scouts
Attack-[roll0]
Damage-[roll1]
Conscripts
Attack-[roll2]
Damage-[roll3]

Also, if you wouldn't mind popping over here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307667), there are a few mechanical questions my Champs need answered.
Oh, by the way, I'm recruiting Champs.

Gaiyamato
2013-10-12, 06:44 PM
Both fail to achieve anything.

[roll0]

The goblins continue to hold.

Gaiyamato
2013-10-12, 06:45 PM
They attempt to strike out at the scout unit again

[roll0] [roll1]

failing...

THEChanger
2013-10-14, 02:37 AM
The goblins properly surrounded, the dwarves continue their assault.

Scouts
Attack-[roll0]
Damage-[roll1]

Conscripts
Attack-[roll2]
Damage-[roll3]

Gaiyamato
2013-10-14, 03:38 AM
The Dwarves started to plow into the Goblins. Their leader falling before the might of the Dwarf King himself. Barely a handful of the Goblins remain.

[roll0]

BUT THEY HOLD
*head-desk*

Gaiyamato
2013-10-14, 03:39 AM
The Stubborn Goblins refuse to retreat even though they have surely lost!
They attempt to strike back once more against the scouts.

[roll0] [roll1]

Failing to make any serious damage.

THEChanger
2013-10-15, 12:14 AM
Scouts
Attack-[roll0]
Damage-[roll1]

Conscripts
Attack-[roll2]
Damage-[roll3]

Gaiyamato
2013-10-15, 12:56 AM
longest battle in history so far..

[roll0]

Tired, outnumbered and badly blooded the Goblins finally break and turn to flee. Escaping into the mountains as they are faster than you.

+500XP for you.
+300GP from looting the bodies. (or 3RP).

Well done. :smallsmile:

Now you can regroup your men and prepare for turn 2 and 3.

THEChanger
2013-10-16, 12:44 AM
Harald lifted his hammer into the sky, and the armies of Cobalon cheered as the goblins ran away. Their king turned to them, smiling. "My friends. We have cemented our place in history this day. Those who are injured, go, tend to your wounds. You have earned your ale this day." The armies went back to their homes, and Harald called the leader of the scouts to him. "We'll need to find where those goblins came from. Stop them at their source. When your men are ready, you'll head out, and find where they den. We aren't strong enough to engage them...yet."

300 Gold, for now. 3 RPs isn't quite enough to make a difference.

Gaiyamato
2013-10-16, 12:57 AM
OOC: It is week 2 for you now. Your men can explore.
We can do week 2 and 3 back-to-back.

THEChanger
2013-10-16, 01:38 AM
The Scouts had not suffered much damages during the battle with the goblins. They were soon ready, and packed their supplies for the journey to the mountain peak. With Harald's blessing, they began the climb, careful to keep a sharp eye for any goblins-or worse. The scouts were masters of the stone, using their natural knowledge of it to blend in. Boots made of soft animal furs dulled their footsteps, and each one knew that one false step would mean discovery, or death.

Gaiyamato
2013-10-17, 03:39 AM
Your scouts climb up into the mountains of hex 171. It is very cold and hard going in the strong freezing winds.
The Goblins are in the distance heading westward from here, however your men seeking shelter stumble into a cave containing 5 wyrmling white dragons and one young adult white dragon.
The Dragons do not instantly attack, instead issuing a warning. "Leave here now and never return again. This is our land."

Vedhin
2013-10-17, 10:14 AM
Agnar Bluehammer rode back into Azuregard with his men shortly after the scouts departed. King Harald! I've heard about the skirmish with the Goblins; it seems I was patrolling the wrong part of the mountain.

It seems that Dragonfire Inspiration will come in handy. :smallsmile:
And is the blue different enough from Harald's?

THEChanger
2013-10-18, 03:07 AM
Alright. Questions time!
1. Are the stats of the White Dragons expressed as Units or Monsters?

2. How do Units interact with Non-Units, if at all?

3. May I wait until my Champions are gathered in full before taking on the Dragons?

When he heard Agnar's voice, Harald sprung from his forge. "Agnar! Brother!" He wrapped the warrior in a bear hug, laughing. "You scared me, boy. I thought you had found some goblins of your own, or worse!"

Gaiyamato
2013-10-18, 04:13 AM
There will be two units. A unit of 5 Wyrmling Dragons and a unit of 1 Young Adult Dragon.

Gaiyamato
2013-10-18, 04:43 AM
{table]Unit Name | Race | Training Level | Training Type | Subtype | Feats | Weapons | Armor | Cost | Upkeep
White Dragon Wyrmlings | True Dragon | na | na | na | na | Natural, Breath | Natural |
White Dragon Young Adult | True Dragon | na | na | na | na | Natural, Breath | Natural |
[/table]
White Dragon Wyrmlings | 5 | Breath | 14 | 13 | 7 | 16 | 3 | 0 | 0 | 4 | 3| 3| 10 walk, 5 burrow, 25 fly, 10 swim | 70, 35, 175, 70 | 3 | special
White Dragon Young Adult | 18 | Breath | 23 | 32 | 13 | 31 | 5 | 0 | 0 | 12 | 9 | 9 | 10 walk, 5 burrow, 33 fly, 10 swim | 70, 35, 231, 70 | 5 | special
[/table]

Vedhin
2013-10-18, 06:14 PM
Agnar grins at Harald, "Only if you count wolves trying to steal our food as worse!"

Gaiyamato
2013-10-21, 01:31 AM
All of you need to sort out your sheets ,get the champions in and organise you force then go here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310024) after the Orcs have posted.

That is for a week 3 encounter however. Your settlement has time for you to pay for some temporary fortifications to be put into place.

THEChanger
2013-10-21, 02:37 AM
Harald laughed. "Not much of a difference, brother, except the wolves are smarter!" A horn sounded through the air, signaling the scout's return. "My men return from their patrols. Perhaps they've found our greenskinned friends." Harald wiped his hands off on his apron as he went to greet his men. "Well, friends? Have we found the den of evil?" The lead scout shook his head. "My liege, we found no goblins. The snows were harsh, and we were forced to seek refuge in a cave. But it was inhabited by white dragons. We left immediately, and returned." Harald stroked his beard. "Well, Agnar, I don't know about you, but I don't fancy being a lizard's dinner. Let's see what fortifications we can assemble quickly. We'll need to be able to better defend ourselves if either the goblins or the dragons come calling."

Shoot. Orcs. What fortifications can we build by the time they get here? A Hill Fort? That'd be nice.

Gaiyamato
2013-10-21, 03:07 AM
Only temporary fortifications. You can spend up to 1000RP on temporary stuff in the book, then they arrive.

THEChanger
2013-10-21, 04:00 AM
Ah. The stuff on pg. 78-79? Okay then. Hmm.

I'm looking to get three rings around Azuregard. The outermost ring would be cavalry stakes, at...we'll say 4" away from where my forces would deploy. Directly inside that, a ditch, of the covered variety. Inside of that, a redoubt, preferably Rock/Earth. The problem is, I don't know how large our battlefield will be, so I don't know how to properly lay out the defenses. Map?

Gaiyamato
2013-10-21, 04:07 AM
Map will be 60x60 broken up into 4 sections.

You will have most of it to deploy into.

Gaiyamato
2013-10-21, 04:26 AM
Red is their deployment zone. Purple yours.
Each square is 1"^2.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj227/Gaiyamato/30x30grid-top-left.png

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj227/Gaiyamato/30x30grid-top-right.png

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj227/Gaiyamato/30x30grid-bottom-right.png

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj227/Gaiyamato/30x30grid-bottom-left.png

Vedhin
2013-10-21, 09:17 AM
"Nor do I wish to be caught unprepared." Agnar replies.

1RP=100gp, right?
If so, I'd advise the king to buy a masterwork alphorn from Song and Silence. It allows me to Inspire Courage/DFI in a 1d10 mile radius, and is only 100gp/1RP. I cleared it with Gaiyamoto in the champion recruitment thread already.
My total bonus is, bare minimum, +4. I have Words of Creation, which puts me at +6 or +8, depending on whether or not Gaiyamoto rule that WoC doubles the base or total bonus (total is the RAW). If I can attach my masterwork natural horn to the end of the masterwork alphorn somehow, I can get +7/+10, varying with the WoC ruling.
Presumably, I'd add my bonus to MAB, RAB, MAP, and RAP. I'd also add it to saves vs fear and charm. If Gai is feeling nice, it might also apply to checks to avoid breaking.

THEChanger
2013-10-23, 12:31 AM
Alright. Here's how we're gonna run this.

I'm gonna make a box. It's going to have one 3" side, and two 1" sides. The back of the box(facing Azuregard) will be open. The box will be made of earth/stone Redbouts. Another inch off the 1" sides will be covered trenches. Directly to the sides of the 1" sides will also be covered trenches, and directly infront of the middle inch of the front. This will be where our Units deploy. The fortifications come out to 950 RPs. I'll also be using some of my own gold reserves(which are extensive) to purchase that Alphorn for Agnar.

Now. If I can convert my gold to RPs in a quick enough fashion, I'd like to throw more covered trenches all across the battlefield. Make it difficult for the orcish forces to advance. After purchasing the Alphorn, Harald has 30234 Gold remaining, which translates to 302 extra RPs. That's seven more inches of trenches. Not a lot, but it might make the difference. I don't have any particular placement in mind for them. Just far away from where my units will be(so on the front half of the map), and sufficiently random that the orcs won't be able to guess where they'd be.

In addition, if possible, I want bows on my Irregulars and Agnar's cavalry. Ranged weaponry is our friend here.

Agnar, if the battle starts to go south, I want you to take your cavalry and get out of dodge. Ride north. You should eventually hit civilization. I don't care who it is, beg them for help. Given the state of the world, they'll likely be undead abominations. We are not afraid to make alliances of convenience. Do not fail your King. Azuregard will likely fall if the orcs attack. We hope to be able to solve the issue diplomatically. We do not expect to.

Gaiyamato
2013-10-23, 12:55 AM
The Orc king is probably going to give you two options. Kneel or die. His units will likely crush you within minutes.. :smalltongue:

There is another option for you. Run now and try to lose them in the Frostfell mountains to the south-west, hope enough of you and your civilians survive and then hope you can find your way into the underdark and start again there.

THEChanger
2013-10-23, 01:53 AM
Well. None of those options are particularly appealing, to be honest. Dwarves, for instance, are not fast runners. But. Hmmm.

Agnar. Take your unit, and as many civilians as you can. Into the hills. Go south, not north. I will try to meet you as soon as I can. Buy you some time.

Vedhin
2013-10-23, 09:01 AM
"As you command, my king," Agnar replies sadly.

Let's see... I have 91 MPs, the civilians but 28. South one hex and south-east two brings us to a different kingdom; perhaps we can solicit allies. The civilians have exactly enough MPs to make it, so yay!

Gaiyamato
2013-10-27, 09:52 PM
Note: Given that the Orcs wait till well after dark to attack most of the settlement gets away into the mountains. All that is left is a thorpe and the few defenders by the time the Orcs attack.

Gaiyamato
2013-11-02, 06:49 PM
The Dwarf refugees had climbed long and hard into the mountains, led by Agnar. Snowfall had blinded many, and a great many civilians had been killed by the bitter cold frostbite.
Harald and the last of his men have managed to catch up with the slower moving civilian train, their morale shattered, covered in the blood of their dead comrades.

The Dwarves now walked for the sake of walking. The screams of the handful of civilians left behind echoed of the mountain cliffs. The images of the massive trolls, ogres and hordes of Goblins etched forever into the minds of every Dwarf.

THEChanger
2013-11-04, 01:21 AM
Harald slowly walked toward his people, the great hammer Thorunudin dragged in the dirt behind him. The weapon that had once been a source of strength and honor now felt like a leaden weight in his hand. He grasped the shoulder of his brother, Agnar. "Azuregard has fallen, brother. We are lost."

Vedhin
2013-11-04, 09:18 AM
Harald slowly walked toward his people, the great hammer Thorunudin dragged in the dirt behind him. The weapon that had once been a source of strength and honor now felt like a leaden weight in his hand. He grasped the shoulder of his brother, Agnar. "Azuregard has fallen, brother. We are lost."

A look of horror spreads across Agnar's face, but he wipes it away with a grin. "We are not lost, for we still survive. As long as we yet live, AZUREGARD SHALL RISE AGAIN! Though if you mean we don't know where we are going, I might have to agree with that."

THEChanger
2013-11-05, 04:33 AM
Harald smiled sadly at his brother, but nodded. "I think. I think you are right, brother. Azuregard will return. As to where we are going..." He turned his head upwards. "We climb. Up the mountain. Closer to the sky. We must ask the spirits for aid in the coming trials."