PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] -AC to +DMG feats..

JW86
2013-09-30, 09:06 AM
Reckless Offence allows you to substitute AC for an added attack bonus.

Shock Trooper allows you to substitute AC instead of attack bonus, for power attack damage, but -only when charging-.

I'm still struggling trying to arrange my psionic gish character. I only have so many feats, and taking the entire charging train uses a lot of them. To my mind, I'd much rather Dimension Hop around to deliver my attacks.

Is there any feat, similar to shock trooper, without the "charging" prereq.?

I don't need my character to be overkill in melee, but a good, firm wallop would help. Due to the liberal use of augmented Inertial Armour and Force Screen, the gish shall have a fairly good AC to draw tasty damage from.

Is anybody aware of such a feat? :smalleek:

Melayl
2013-09-30, 11:39 AM
Try this thread by Person_Man (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125732). If that doesn't have what you're looking for, you might find it in one of the other threads in his sig.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-09-30, 12:10 PM
Depending on what class levels your build contains, a single level in Ranger or Spellthief allows you to freely use wands of any spells on their class lists, so putting a wand chamber on your weapon with a Wand of Wraithstrike or Find the Gap would allow you to ignore most of your opponents' AC bonuses. However, I'd pick up Psionic Lion's Charge (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/psionicLionsCharge.htm) and just use Shock Trooper.

JW86
2013-10-01, 04:42 AM
Ranger 1 / Ardent 4 / Slayer 10. Looks like I'll just go with shock trooper, at least ardent allows me to use lion's charge without burning feats. Thanks.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-10-01, 04:46 AM
Ranger 1 / Ardent 4 / Slayer 10. Looks like I'll just go with shock trooper, at least ardent allows me to use lion's charge without burning feats. Thanks.

Put a Wand Chamber from Dungeonscape on your weapon with a Wand of Rhino's Rush (SC) if you don't want to spend a lot of powerpoints on Lion's Charge.

Take a look at the Sanctified Mind in Lords of Madness to finish your build, I'd skip the tenth level of Slayer to get all six of its levels. You can get its Iron Will prerequisite for 3,000 gp from the Otyugh Hole in CS without spending a feat on it.