PDA

View Full Version : TWF Bounding Goliath build. Thoughts?

Arc_knight25
2013-09-30, 11:05 AM
So I have an idea for a Goliath TWF bounding around in melee combat.

What I have so far is Barb 1/Ranger 6/Fighter 2/Tempest 5

1 Barbarian Mountain Rage, Pounce, Feat: Dodge
2 Ranger Favoured Enemy, Track, Wild Empathy
3 Ranger 2 Weapon Fighting Feat: Oversized 2weapon Fighting
4 Ranger Endurance
5 Ranger Animal Companion
6 Ranger 2nd Favoured Enemy Feat: Mobility
7 Ranger Improved 2 Weapon fighting
8 Fighter B Feat: Spring Attack
9 Tempest Feat: Bounding Assault
10 Tempest
11 Tempest
12 Tempest Feat:Elusive Target
13 Tempest
14 Fighter B Feat: Two Weapon Rend
15 Feat: Rapid Blitz
18 Feat:

So I have 6 more levels and a feat left to use.

As you can see alot of mobility in combat with the Spring Attack to Rapid Blitz.

Just looking on for peoples input.

Grod_The_Giant
2013-09-30, 12:03 PM
I wouldn't mess around with Spring Attack stuff. Not if you're also trying for TWF-- both a extremely feat-intensive, and they're incompatible combat styles to boot.

Arc_knight25
2013-09-30, 12:25 PM
How I imagine the build would work is to use Spring attack to get into flanking positions while being flanked for Elusive Target.

The capstone of Tempest is to attack with 2 weapons using Spring Attack.
Bounding Assault gives you another attack at -5, and Rapid Blitz another at -10. Now how I see this working is your 1st target with Spring Attack gets both main hand an off hand. Having Two-Weapon Rend feat lets you do an additional 1d6+1/2 str dmg if both attacks hit, if not then just throw the -5 attack at the target to try and get the Rend to work and again with the -10 if you miss again(Can always try right?). Your next target would be getting the -5 and -10 attacks for another possible Rend if you succeed on the 1st two attacks.

Having Rapid Blitz you can ignore the AoO from 3 targets which is more then enough to run around constantly in melee getting into flanking positions for other melee in the party. While still being able to get 4 attacks off with Spring Attack. Once your down to one target you just Full Attack away.

That is the idea at least. I will admit it is feat intensive and doesn't really allow much more room for anything else. But I still have those 6 levels and 1 feat to do something with.

Arc_knight25
2013-10-04, 07:47 AM
So I decided to take 5 lvls of ranger and 1 of Barbarian.

I figured the skills from ranger with the extra abilities and slight spell casting was a good addition to the build. And the 1 lvl of Barb was just to get uncanny dodge.

Was also going to trade out Ride for Tumble. Kept the Animal companion for a some kind of flyer(Eagle, Hawk, Owl) maybe trade it up later levels for something bigger if possible.

1 Barbarian Mountain Rage, Pounce, Feat: Dodge
2 Ranger Arcane Hunter, Track, Wild Empathy
3 Ranger TWF, Feat: Oversized 2weapon Fighting
4 Ranger Endurance
5 Ranger Animal Companion(flyer)
6 Ranger 2nd Favoured Enemy Feat: Mobility
7 Ranger Improved TWF
8 Fighter Bonus Feat: Spring Attack
9 Tempest Feat: Bounding Assault
10 Tempest
11 Tempest
12 Tempest Feat:Elusive Target