PDA

View Full Version : Third Eye Clarity questions

Story
2013-09-30, 11:37 AM
Am I correct in interpreting this item?

The description says that you can use it to negate an existing stun or daze condition, but this doesn't actually work since if you're stunned or dazed you can't take an action to activate it (the IHS problem)
You can't use it to negate Celerity since you already used your immediate action to cast Celerity
If you're ambushed by say, a Sea Hag, you can't use it to negate the Evil Eye because you're flatfooted and can't take an action to activate it. But if they use it on a later round, you are protected.

Also, how important is this item? Would it be worth prioritizing over say, a Headband of Intellect for a Wizard? Yes, I know they're different slots, but with limited funds you may only be able to get one.

Crake
2013-09-30, 11:42 AM
Am I correct in interpreting this item?

The description says that you can use it to negate an existing stun or daze condition, but this doesn't actually work since if you're stunned or dazed you can't take an action to activate it (the IHS problem)
You can't use it to negate Celerity since you already used your immediate action to cast Celerity
If you're ambushed by say, a Sea Hag, you can't use it to negate the Evil Eye because you're flatfooted and can't take an action to activate it. But if they use it on a later round, you are protected.

Also, how important is this item? Would it be worth prioritizing over say, a Headband of Intellect for a Wizard? Yes, I know they're different slots, but with limited funds you may only be able to get one.

The item specifically says you can activate them in response to an effect that would impose those conditions. So the action occurs before the condition is applied, but after you know it's about to be applied.

Story
2013-09-30, 11:49 AM
I was referring to the first paragraph of the description.

You can activate this crystal to negate any
one of the following conditions affecting
you: confused, dazed, fascinated, or
stunned.

It says you can use it to remove a preexisting condition, but this doesn't work if you can't activate it.