PDA

View Full Version : Metamagic on evocation force spells

Zorgoth
2013-09-30, 06:09 PM
I'm 80% sure these spells are like summoned monster and can't be metamagicked to increase damage, but just to confirm, can you empower or maximize a crushing hand or mage's sword? Which is not to say that spells like mage's sword don't need all the help they can get, because they do.

Daftendirekt
2013-09-30, 06:21 PM
Mage's Sword I'd say could totally be empowered. It does not just do damage as a normal sword (1d8 as a longsword or something) but a damage amount set by the spell. It is a variable numerical effect, which is what Empower Spell affects.

TuggyNE
2013-09-30, 06:30 PM
I'm 80% sure these spells are like summoned monster and can't be metamagicked to increase damage, but just to confirm, can you empower or maximize a crushing hand or mage's sword? Which is not to say that spells like mage's sword don't need all the help they can get, because they do.

In each case, the damage dealt is a direct effect of the spell, so Empower and Maximize should work.

Mr Adventurer
2013-10-01, 07:00 AM
You can Empower or Maximise a Summon can't you? It affects the d3 or d4+1 when you summon lower level creatures.

TuggyNE
2013-10-01, 07:10 AM
You can Empower or Maximise a Summon can't you? It affects the d3 or d4+1 when you summon lower level creatures.

Sure. But you notably can't get Empower or Maximize to affect the damage dealt by a summoned creature's natural weapons or spells or whatever else.