PDA

View Full Version : [PTA] Children of Vardamir [IC]

Kail Erron
2013-09-30, 07:41 PM
Prolouge

Everyone

Sometimes, you get your best ideas in a dream. Other times, you get cryptic messages and strange visitors.
This looks like one of the latter, fortunately or not.
You’ve had this dream before. It starts with a sea of strange shapes- elaborate lines, ribbons of light, spiraling around in a rolling wave of light. You know they’re words, letters, symbols- they mean something, if not to you at the moment. For right now, It’s a familiar place, comforting to you, like coming home. Then, though, you have a guest.
A bright, white sun of light seems to appear, manifesting itself from the symbols. It’s strange, foreign to your homey dream-world. But it seems to watch you with a mixture of pride, and regret. Then, as soon as it appears, it fades away to nothing, leaving only the sea of runes.
They’re not the only visitor you have tonight.

Emilio Keel

As you drift through the sea of runes, you feel something stir within you. Even as the going gets harder, your mind seems to push through on it's own, shaking off and ignoring the pressure. The current tries to push you, but your dream-self seems to instinctively resist anything in your way. Suddenly, after a tide of resistance, you break free.
A strange shape, almost like a floating Pokemon, with 2 tails and a strange, head-heavy body floats before you. It flickers with a strange power- no matter how tough you are, it looks like touching it would be a bad idea. It looks unbreakable- like a statue of a Pokemon, hewn of solid willpower. It seems to glimmer a deep ruby-red as it looks you over.
“I see you’re using my biggest gift admirably.” It says in a light, genderless voice. It floats around you, looking you over. "I have another one ready for you."

Michalis Cormagent

As the prescence leaves, the world feels emptier than before. The runes seem to have less luster, less life in them. Oddly, it doesn’t frighten you. As soon as you approach a shape, however, they seem to regain their “essence.”
Then, out of the runes comes a shape. It looks like a Pokemon, like a small horse. Not yours, though- smaller, more slight but with an undeniable inner might. It seems to charge out of the runes, coming to a stop just in front of you. A mane of reddish-gold runes billows out behind it even as it stops, as though a raging wind is blowing past it.
“You have honor.” It says, in what sounds like a young tenor’s voice. It seems to tilt its head at you, like a lost dog. “A hero of sorts. It’s not my strength, but I can tell you’ve been through a lot.”

Cenric Aeldwald

Suddenly, the runes halt around you. For but a moment, they’re not swirling, magical bearers of change- just letters, potential, nothing more. You no longer see what they could be- but what they truly are. It feels... different, but good. More honest, somehow. Not right, but getting there.
“Hm.” The stilled runes float to form a strange, three-dimensional outline of a white creature, almost draconic, with strange, flowing hair. It's outlines feel fixed, immovable, yet somehow untouchable. Pure. It seems to size you up.
“A bit… incomplete, as of yet, but you’ll do. A healthy desire to prove yourself, a little determination... and of course, a touch of reality. Yes, you’ll do just fine.” It says absently, more to itself than you.

Shadowz1797
2013-09-30, 08:23 PM
Michalis wakes up, immediately thinking about what that dream could have meant. Who was that voice? What was that figure? His head is running circles around these ideas. Answers.........Answers are what he needed Michalis decided, but how could he figure out answers to a dream?

Tempest Kitsune
2013-09-30, 08:25 PM
Emilio peers at the creature. "Your greatest gift? Who... what are you? And what do you mean you 'have another' for me?" He keeps a respectful distance from this being. The shape looks.. somewhat familiar. Maybe. Something that he'd seen once, but Darkrai take him if he can remember where, or when.

Kail Erron
2013-09-30, 08:27 PM
Michalis

As you think that, a soft humming noise fills your ears, before your mind seems to open. A shape appears in your mind- like a heart, sort of, and somehow like a stylized spade.

You recieved a Mysterious Rune. Strength be yours!

The same high voice whispers into your ear.

"To help your strength be not just yours, but your friends's as well. Until next time, partner."

The prescence fades.

Shadowz1797
2013-09-30, 08:32 PM
Michalis examines the mysterious rune and thinks about what the voice told him. "Be my friends also, who are my friends?". Michalis wonders if the friends the voice was talking about might be able to help him on his quest......."Look at yourself, trying to interpret dreams. What are you a Musharna? That's all it was.....just a dream.". Michalis thought to himself

Kail Erron
2013-09-30, 08:33 PM
Emilio peers at the creature. "Your greatest gift? Who... what are you? And what do you mean you 'have another' for me?" He keeps a respectful distance from this being. The shape looks.. somewhat familiar. Maybe. Something that he'd seen once, but Darkrai take him if he can remember where, or when.

The creature flips over itself, blinking red again.
"I am the strength of kings. I am the hope of peasants. I hold back and lead to the end. I am willpower itself. As for my gift..."
It floats over to you, before suddenly glowing like a blazing fire. A symbol appears in your mind, somehow like a heart, somehow like a stylized brace.
"Let your will to go on bring back the same in others."

Obtained Mysterious Rune. Let your will be might.

As the being starts to vanish, it seems to smile. "Be well, Child." The way it pronounces it makes it sound almost like a title.

Tempest Kitsune
2013-09-30, 08:40 PM
Emilio wakes with a gasp, prompting an irritated huff from Firestorm as the Charmander's sleeping position is disturbed, as well as an inquisitive chirrup from Squall, the Puffluff perched in the rafters. Emilio drags a hand down his face. "Sorry guys. Just... a really weird dream." The Charmander huffs again, his oddly scaly skin rasping slightly as he re-settles himself. Emilio absently pats the Char's flank, before looking towards the window to see if the sun had started to rise yet.

Kail Erron
2013-09-30, 08:42 PM
Is Ohtar's coast an acceptable starting spot for you all?

Tempest Kitsune
2013-09-30, 08:45 PM
Works fine for me

Shadowz1797
2013-09-30, 08:45 PM
where is it? I don't see it on the aatos map

Kail Erron
2013-09-30, 08:51 PM
where is it? I don't see it on the aatos map

It's under the Iussus section.

Shadowz1797
2013-09-30, 08:54 PM
Yeah that's fine, we'll say for now Michalis is there to try and strengthen himself for his revenge

Kail Erron
2013-09-30, 09:00 PM
Michalis and Emilio

The sun has barely cleared the horizon, and soon starts to stretch its fingers through the windows. It's just lucky you're out of the main woods or else it'd still be dark. Ohtar's kinda rough like that. Well, in a lot of ways. But that's all right.

Shadowz1797
2013-09-30, 09:01 PM
Michalis calls for Catria and she flutters down and perches on his shoulder. They then proceed to walk outside and check up on Camus

gman391
2013-09-30, 09:03 PM
Cenric starts and looks at the figure
"Who, who are you? What do you mean " I'll do just fine"? What do you want?"

Despite himself, his fists stiffen in preparation.

It's fine with me.

Kail Erron
2013-09-30, 09:06 PM
Cenric starts and looks at the figure
"Who, who are you? What do you mean " I'll do just fine"? What do you want?"

Despite himself, his fists stiffen in preparation.

It's fine with me.

It seems to start itself as it looks directly at you for the first time.
"Nothing much, Child. Just thinking aloud. I do have a gift for you, though."
The way it says "child" sounds almost like a title rather than a simple statement.

gman391
2013-09-30, 09:20 PM
"Child? Gift? Who are you?" Cenric is wary. This doesn't seem like Arceus...

Shadowz1797
2013-09-30, 09:20 PM
Michalis wonders what he will do today, maybe go to a nearby forest and search for some Pokemon to train Camus and Catria against.
Is that cool?

Kail Erron
2013-09-30, 09:54 PM
Yup, that's cool.

The creature gazes at you. "I am the truth."
Then, a burst of molten symbols flows from its tail. It stretches its neck upwards, and roars.
A symbol appears in your mind- almost like a heart, but somehow like a stylized spectacle.

You got the Mysterious Rune. Yes, it'll do.
The creature looks down at you, having finished it's roar, and begins to fade away.
"Stay true, Child of legend."
The dream fades, and you wake to the sun rising. Huh.

And I think I'm done for the night. See y'all!

gman391
2013-09-30, 10:15 PM
Cenric wakes up.
"What in Arceus' Holy Name was that?"

In his hands is a mysterious rune.
"...They said the outside world was strange, I didn't think it was this strange"

"Shro?" Kelly the Shroomish shook herself awake looking at Cenric
"It's okay girl, come on lets go and see the ocean."
"Shro!"
Cenric smiles at the Shroomish and starts his day.

Tempest Kitsune
2013-10-01, 11:21 AM
Emilio kips to his feet, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. Passing out the last of the provisions that he'd managed to sneak off the boat with him, he sighs. "Well you two, looks like there's nothing for it but to see if we can find a Conclave office here and look into getting some kind of work. I've got enough dosh left to heal you if needed, and pay our way into the system at least, with a tiny bit left over for food." Both pokemon nod seriously, before he recalls them, making sure that the pokeballs are well-hidden from sight.

He's heard enough stories about how people who use symbol magic are treated here from the old-timers back home, best to not invite trouble if it could be helped. Hopefully the dagger on his belt would be enough to keep the more desperate scavengers away, while his threadbare, salt-stained clothing would keep the more well-to-do pickpockets from thinking he was a mark worth pursuing.

Leaving the inn, he'll get directions from innkeeper on where he might be able to find the local Conclave offices, and then make his way there, eyes alert, and hand ready to go for his dagger if needed.

Kail Erron
2013-10-01, 05:54 PM
I have made some additions to the area, and will hopefully be able to cobble up a small map or something. New to this version are several smaller creeks and rivers, as well as the town you mostly seem to be starting in.

Everyone

The town of Scelta is situated a few miles away from both coastline and forest, though the town suffers from having only the prescence of a few smaller rivers nearby. Still, the townsfolk make do.

Michalis wonders what he will do today, maybe go to a nearby forest and search for some Pokemon to train Camus and Catria against.
Is that cool?

Michalis

The weather seems nice out, and luckily there's plenty of woodlands around here- the southeastern part of Ohtar may be in the open, but the largest forest in Iussus's outskirts come just behind you. There should be plenty of creatures.

Cenric wakes up.
"What in Arceus' Holy Name was that?"

In his hands is a mysterious rune.
"...They said the outside world was strange, I didn't think it was this strange"

"Shro?" Kelly the Shroomish shook herself awake looking at Cenric
"It's okay girl, come on lets go and see the ocean."
"Shro!"
Cenric smiles at the Shroomish and starts his day.

Cenric

Thanks to your travels, you've come close to the sea. While Ohtar(and most of Iussus, for that matter) don't have a reputation for sun-drenched coasts like the Syreni Islands, once you're outside the forest, the coastline's as good as any. The Vernear coast is only a few miles away, nothing to a seasoned traveller like yourself.

Emilio kips to his feet, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. Passing out the last of the provisions that he'd managed to sneak off the boat with him, he sighs. "Well you two, looks like there's nothing for it but to see if we can find a Conclave office here and look into getting some kind of work. I've got enough dosh left to heal you if needed, and pay our way into the system at least, with a tiny bit left over for food." Both pokemon nod seriously, before he recalls them, making sure that the pokeballs are well-hidden from sight.

He's heard enough stories about how people who use symbol magic are treated here from the old-timers back home, best to not invite trouble if it could be helped. Hopefully the dagger on his belt would be enough to keep the more desperate scavengers away, while his threadbare, salt-stained clothing would keep the more well-to-do pickpockets from thinking he was a mark worth pursuing.

Leaving the inn, he'll get directions from innkeeper on where he might be able to find the local Conclave offices, and then make his way there, eyes alert, and hand ready to go for his dagger if needed.

Emilio

In order to function well, fortunately, any organization like the Conclave has to have offices almost everywhere. Unfortunately, thanks to the group's membership magic being Symbol Based, the townsfolk look upon any announced Conclave offices with suspicion... until, of course, they're needed.

On the upside, thanks both to this town's non-cosmopolitan nature and the fact that the Conclave is useful, the group doesn't seem to meet with much discrimination, or even particularly serious disapproval. It shouldn't be too hard to find offices. When you ask the innkeeper for directions, he merely points you towards the eastern outskirts of town, not giving you any trouble. Clearly, he's had others come through before. Encouraging.

Tempest Kitsune
2013-10-01, 05:59 PM
Emilio will head towards the eastern edge of town, eyes open for both the signs of the Conclave, as well as any potential signs of trouble, to him or someone else. A favor owed could oftentimes be far more valuable than coin after all.

gman391
2013-10-01, 06:03 PM
Cenric will continue to go to the sea, he takes a meandering route with a Shroomish following him.

Shadowz1797
2013-10-01, 06:48 PM
Michalis will venture into the forest, he sends Catria up to the skies to help him spot Pokemon while he rides Camus through the woods

Kail Erron
2013-10-02, 05:03 AM
Tir

Before your eyes, the runes all around you begin to circle around you, forming great tides of possibility. Slowly, their light grows, driving back the darkness that had fallen in place of the being.

With one final push, the light shoves darkness out of view. And from the push springs a strange creature, made of runes.

Its smallish head seems to be backed with huge, V shaped ears. Its body is small and round, and the whole thing gives off a vibe of cheerful energy.

"And that's the win! It's symbolic!" It chirps, its voice feminine. "Hiya, Child!"

I'm sorry about the wait, Gem_Knight.

Kail Erron
2013-10-02, 05:14 AM
Roll for Perception, everyone!

Emilio will head towards the eastern edge of town, eyes open for both the signs of the Conclave, as well as any potential signs of trouble, to him or someone else. A favor owed could oftentimes be far more valuable than coin after all.

Emilio

The town is somewhere between rustic and primitive, thanks to the people's dislike of Symbol Magic. There's probably at least 1 psychic and definately a few Mystics around, mostly in government. But the grand majority of the people are just that- ordinary folks, who could surely use conclave services.

Cenric will continue to go to the sea, he takes a meandering route with a Shroomish following him.

Cenric

As you head out of the city via the southeast, you come onto a pleasant sort of path, with dusky reddish soil. Trees scattered around the path shift in the wind, which carries just a taste of the sea.

Michalis will venture into the forest, he sends Catria up to the skies to help him spot Pokemon while he rides Camus through the woods

Michalis

Camus nickers softly as you ride out of town to the northwest, where you can see the immense trees of the Great Forest's outer edge even from a mile away. In between are a few miles of bush and far smaller trees- like the forest's ripples, almost.

Shadowz1797
2013-10-02, 05:59 AM
Michalis still continues riding towards the forest, however is now scanning the brush and small trees for any signs of movement

Tempest Kitsune
2013-10-02, 08:44 AM
Emilio doesn't let himself relax. Ordinary people can be just as deadly given the right circumstances as the best of the Crews.

[roll0]

Kail Erron
2013-10-02, 03:03 PM
Michalis still continues riding towards the forest, however is now scanning the brush and small trees for any signs of movement

Roll 1d20+Wis for Perception

Emilio doesn't let himself relax. Ordinary people can be just as deadly given the right circumstances as the best of the Crews.

[roll0]

You notice with some surprise that the west fields are conpletely still- the domesticated work pokemon seem to be held frozen by something. In the very distance, you can just make out a hazy figure in a black coat and a long, tattered red scarf. He seems to be watching you with a mixture of boredom and haughtiness.

Tempest Kitsune
2013-10-02, 03:17 PM
Emilio nearly goes for his dagger as he turns slightly, heading for the figure, but restrains himself. Something wasn't right here, and to ignore it would be the height of foolishness. Once he approaches closer, he'll hail the figure. "G'mornin mate. Nice weather eh?" He has a convincing smile on his face, even as he ensures that both his blade and his partners are able to be deployed with a flick of the wrist.

Kail Erron
2013-10-02, 04:38 PM
Emilio nearly goes for his dagger as he turns slightly, heading for the figure, but restrains himself. Something wasn't right here, and to ignore it would be the height of foolishness. Once he approaches closer, he'll hail the figure. "G'mornin mate. Nice weather eh?" He has a convincing smile on his face, even as he ensures that both his blade and his partners are able to be deployed with a flick of the wrist.

Emilio

The figure turns cooly, red scarf billowing in a non-existant wind. He's unarmed, or so it seems- no hilts nor handles are visible on him. Who knows what's inside the night-dark coat, though. He raises an eyebrow.
"For you, maybe." He says in a smooth, almost silky tone. "And a couple others of your kind."

He looks into the distance, sweeping southeast to north. As he does so, the flickering haze around him seems to expand, obscuring the clear blue sky further.

Tempest Kitsune
2013-10-02, 04:46 PM
One of Emilio's eyebrows ticks up, and he very carefully moves his hands away from his weapon. "My kind? What, you don't like sailors?" He keeps his tone light and cheerful, but there's a line of cold sweat beginning to form on his spine. Whoever, WHATEVER this being is, it's clearly powerful. But in for a gold and all that... "You happen to notice something odd going on?"

Shadowz1797
2013-10-02, 04:56 PM
Perception Check: [roll0]

Kail Erron
2013-10-02, 05:23 PM
One of Emilio's eyebrows ticks up, and he very carefully moves his hands away from his weapon. "My kind? What, you don't like sailors?" He keeps his tone light and cheerful, but there's a line of cold sweat beginning to form on his spine. Whoever, WHATEVER this being is, it's clearly powerful. But in for a gold and all that... "You happen to notice something odd going on?"

Emilio

The being looks around like someone would watch their garden. Almost lazily, he reaches down to pluck a small mushroom from the ground.
"Delicious. No, I rather like sailors- easy to work with. "
He tucks the mushroom into his longcoat, before glancing at his wrist.
"I see I have to make this quick." He says. "I have no quarrel with you- but be wary- tonight, everything changes."

Perception Check: [roll0]

Michalis
The wind has shifted all of a sudden, like it was suddenly obstructed somewhere behind you. You can see, though faint, a strange disturbance near the outside of the town. A shadowy haze seems to have settled around the outskirts.

gman391
2013-10-02, 05:30 PM
Cenric enjoys the smell of the sea and looks around for anything interesting going on this area before going forward following the smell.

Kail Erron
2013-10-02, 05:36 PM
Cenric enjoys the smell of the sea and looks around for anything interesting going on this area before going forward following the smell.

Roll for perception! 1d20+Wis

Kail Erron
2013-10-02, 05:47 PM
Alright then Wisdom modifier is 0 so...
[roll0]

I don't think it worked- it says roll0 and not a roll.

gman391
2013-10-02, 05:48 PM
Okay Perception go
[roll0]

Shadowz1797
2013-10-02, 05:49 PM
Michalis whistles for Catria that they are changing direction, and steers Camus back towards the town to investigate the haze.

Kail Erron
2013-10-02, 05:51 PM
Cenric

The reddish path is quite calm- for about a minute. Then, you hear a chaotic chorus of chirps and squeaks as a small swarm of field Pokémon, purple rats and red-blue birds, charge. They pass you by immediately, only a few stragglers remaining. That's odd- they almost seem to be fleeing from something.

gman391
2013-10-02, 09:20 PM
Cenric settles into a stance.
"Get ready Kelly"

"Shroom!" Kelly prepares an Absorb.

Gem_Knight
2013-10-03, 05:17 PM
Tir

Before your eyes, the runes all around you begin to circle around you, forming great tides of possibility. Slowly, their light grows, driving back the darkness that had fallen in place of the being.

With one final push, the light shoves darkness out of view. And from the push springs a strange creature, made of runes.

Its smallish head seems to be backed with huge, V shaped ears. Its body is small and round, and the whole thing gives off a vibe of cheerful energy.

"And that's the win! It's symbolic!" It chirps, its voice feminine. "Hiya, Child!"

I'm sorry about the wait, Gem_Knight.

Tir quirks an eyebrow as she takes a step back, not in fear, but to better observe. Fighting back the urge to retort the child remark, "Hello there yourself," she responds to the creature after a moments contemplation.

Kail Erron
2013-10-04, 09:09 AM
Tir quirks an eyebrow as she takes a step back, not in fear, but to better observe. Fighting back the urge to retort the child remark, "Hello there yourself," she responds to the creature after a moments contemplation.

Tir

The creature swoops closer, and you hear the buzzing of small wings from its back. "Aw, c'mon! Show some spirit!" It chirps, almost blurring with speed as it flits around. It seems friendly, if a little too bright. "It's good for a hero- or, hero to be! Rah!"
It lands lightly on your head, saying "An' even more reason to get happy, I have a gift for you!"

Gem_Knight
2013-10-04, 07:31 PM
Tir

The creature swoops closer, and you hear the buzzing of small wings from its back. "Aw, c'mon! Show some spirit!" It chirps, almost blurring with speed as it flits around. It seems friendly, if a little too bright. "It's good for a hero- or, hero to be! Rah!"
It lands lightly on your head, saying "An' even more reason to get happy, I have a gift for you!"

"I have spirit?" She retorts, she tries to look up at the creature without moving her head so much there isn't a point to stand on, "And I certainly am not going to decline a gift- but none of that tells me who or what you are?"

Kail Erron
2013-10-04, 08:23 PM
"I have spirit?" She retorts, she tries to look up at the creature without moving her head so much there isn't a point to stand on, "And I certainly am not going to decline a gift- but none of that tells me who or what you are?"

The small creature does a sort of jig on top of your head. Its tiny wings send puffs of air around you as it seems to get, if possible, even more excited. "I'm Victory! I make people win stuff! And, you like winning stuff too, right? Of course- everyone does!"
It hops off of your head, fluttering down to face level with you. "So I'm going to give you the power to Win against Evil! It's literal! It's cool, 'cause only like 3 other people have this gift!"
It gives a bright laugh, before poking you in the forehead with a single, rounded paw. A magical light spreads from the tip, and soon your forehead seems to glow with golden light. In your mind's eye, you see a rune take shape. It looks kinda like a heart, with a stylized V behind it.

You got the Mysterious Rune! Get happy!

The creature's ears suddenly prick up, and it pouts. "Aw, now I gotta go. See you around, Child! And be sure to look for the others- you need them like they need you! Bye now!"

The creature slowly fades into the shadows, and you soon find yourself coming awake.

Tempest Kitsune
2013-10-05, 04:15 PM
The being looks around like someone would watch their garden. Almost lazily, he reaches down to pluck a small mushroom from the ground.
"Delicious. No, I rather like sailors- easy to work with. "
He tucks the mushroom into his longcoat, before glancing at his wrist.
"I see I have to make this quick." He says. "I have no quarrel with you- but be wary- tonight, everything changes."

Emilio nods slowly. "I... well, I don't see, but I gather the gist of what you're saying, I think. I do appreciate the warning though. And I don't suppose you'd be willing to throw me a hint as to what's going to cause everything to change? Besides just life in general I mean." He keeps his voice respectful as he speaks.

Kail Erron
2013-10-05, 04:50 PM
Michalis whistles for Catria that they are changing direction, and steers Camus back towards the town to investigate the haze.

Emilio nods slowly. "I... well, I don't see, but I gather the gist of what you're saying, I think. I do appreciate the warning though. And I don't suppose you'd be willing to throw me a hint as to what's going to cause everything to change? Besides just life in general I mean." He keeps his voice respectful as he speaks.

Sorry for the delay... again :smallredface:

Emilio

The figure glances ovwr his shoulder at the woods in the distance. "Well, offhand... I'd say you and that fellow over there might have something to do with it. Mm, I'd also check the way to the sea, but watch out for swarms. There's another one of you lot elsewhere... "

Riding from the woods is a fellow astride a firey horse pokémon, with another pokemon, a smallish gray bird, trailing him from midair.

Michalis

Up ahead, you can make out two figures through the dark haze. One seems casual, like he belongs there. The other looks tensed, and has the look of a sailor about him. It looks like all the livestock pokemon have stopped moving.

Cenric

Oddly, nothing follows them. But in the distance, you can make out a strange shadowy haze on the outskirts of town.

Shadowz1797
2013-10-05, 06:09 PM
Michalis shouts to the figures, "who are you? What is going on?" he is truly worried that something terrible might be in the works, Camus whinnies at him as if to tell Michalis that he is there by his side no matter what. He must have sensed the tensing of Michalis's muscles.

Gem_Knight
2013-10-05, 06:14 PM
Uri stirs, at last opening her eyes, "That was certainly strange?" she says as she looks around, "Certainly felt more powerful than a mere dream." She sits up, then gets up and gets ready. Packing up her blanket she used as a sleeping bag into her backpack she heads outside.

gman391
2013-10-05, 06:55 PM
Cenric looks at the shadowy haze.
"...That doesn't look right, come on Kelly let's go."
Onward to the haze!

Tempest Kitsune
2013-10-05, 06:56 PM
Emilio raises a brow at the challangeing tone of the guy riding the fire-type. "Ease off mate, just a sailor here. Not so sure about my companion but he's done nothing to warrant being accosted." Emilio nods cordially to the figure. "Guess I've been given marching orders then eh? Well mate, take care." He knows orders even when they're disguised, and those were fairly specific orders. Hook up with this ponce, and two others, one of whom was in the direction of the sea it seemed.

Kail Erron
2013-10-05, 07:38 PM
Cenric looks at the shadowy haze.
"...That doesn't look right, come on Kelly let's go."
Onward to the haze!

Cenric

Your travel-hardened legs serve you well as you easily make your way to the spot where the haze appeared. A shadowy figure stands in the center of the darkness, and he glances at you as you appear.
"And here's number 3."

Michalis shouts to the figures, "who are you? What is going on?" he is truly worried that something terrible might be in the works, Camus whinnies at him as if to tell Michalis that he is there by his side no matter what. He must have sensed the tensing of Michalis's muscles.

Emilio raises a brow at the challangeing tone of the guy riding the fire-type. "Ease off mate, just a sailor here. Not so sure about my companion but he's done nothing to warrant being accosted." Emilio nods cordially to the figure. "Guess I've been given marching orders then eh? Well mate, take care." He knows orders even when they're disguised, and those were fairly specific orders. Hook up with this ponce, and two others, one of whom was in the direction of the sea it seemed.

Michalis, Cenric, and Emilio

The shadowy figure turns back to Emilio, before looking at the rest of you. It seems amused, a wan smile finding it's way onto its face.

"Well, now, I'm not really one to give orders... But, you know, I think it really is in your best interest to band up." He glances at his wrist again, and sighs. You notice a strange black symbol is slowly materializing on his wrist. It looks off somehow- like it's not from this world.

"And I'm being called. Well, you two found each other, and another is on their way... I'd say that's my good deed for today. Take care yourselves-"
He turns and fixes Michalis with an amused look.

"And as for who I am, well... Let's call me a messenger, at least for today. Goodness knows I'd rather be more subtle... but, you know. It's a living."

He snaps his fingers, and the dark energy coalesces around him. For a few seconds, the darkness covers him from view- then, the weird stuff explodes, sending small dark orbs soaring away on the winds. The haze vanishes, and it's like time restarts. Docile pokemon start munching on the grass again. It's like nothing happened.

Shadowz1797
2013-10-05, 07:41 PM
Taken aback by what just happened, Michalis asks the seafarer looking fellow next to him, "Did you see that?"

Tempest Kitsune
2013-10-05, 07:58 PM
Emilio blinks. Once. Twice. "What in the Distortion World?" He slowly turns to regard the other two. "Soooo I'm thinking that's as close to orders from on-high as I'm ever going to see. Name's Emilio. And you two?"

gman391
2013-10-05, 08:03 PM
Cenric mutters a short prayer to Arceus for guidance before turning to the others.
"Cenric" He answers the seafarer.

Shadowz1797
2013-10-05, 08:06 PM
"Well met, my name is Michalis Cormagent. I'm not often superstitious, but if you're certain you also saw that.................I don't know if I have the right to not believe it."

Kail Erron
2013-10-05, 08:12 PM
Uri stirs, at last opening her eyes, "That was certainly strange?" she says as she looks around, "Certainly felt more powerful than a mere dream." She sits up, then gets up and gets ready. Packing up her blanket she used as a sleeping bag into her backpack she heads outside.

Uri(Tir?)

You get the weird feeling that Wild Magic's been unleashed in huge levels somewhere nearby. Huh.

Perception Check! 1d20+Wis

The town of Scelta has already past dawned- huh. The dream must've kept you out cold. Other than the weird Wild charge to the air, the town seems to be like most other rural towns- lots of farmers, domestic creatures, and not much else.

Gem_Knight
2013-10-05, 09:02 PM
Uri(Tir?)

You get the weird feeling that Wild Magic's been unleashed in huge levels somewhere nearby. Huh.

Perception Check! 1d20+Wis

The town of Scelta has already past dawned- huh. The dream must've kept you out cold. Other than the weird Wild charge to the air, the town seems to be like most other rural towns- lots of farmers, domestic creatures, and not much else.

[roll0]

Tir sighs as she sees all the domesticated pokemon, certainly she couldn't train on those. She'd leave the town save for the strange saturation of Wild Magic somewhere, since she'd only come in to rest for the night.

Kail Erron
2013-10-05, 09:07 PM
[roll0]

Tir sighs as she sees all the domesticated pokemon, certainly she couldn't train on those. She'd leave the town save for the strange saturation of Wild Magic somewhere, since she'd only come in to rest for the night.

You sense the essence of a powerful dark pokemon- almost pure darkness, really. It's already left,but its flight left streaks of its essence around the town. And, some sort of strange Distortion effect took place on the town outskirts to the northeast.

Gem_Knight
2013-10-05, 09:23 PM
Tir gives a short 'Hm' of curiosity as she follows the strange remnant aura to it's stronger saturation to the northeast. She checks her pokeballs at her hip as she goes.

Tempest Kitsune
2013-10-05, 09:37 PM
Emilio nods at Michalis. "No clue who or what that was mate. I do know that it was powerful, it wasn't looking for a fight, and that it was here to warn us. Now I don't know about the rest of you, but I think that if something that powerful takes time out of his busy schedule to warn me 'bout something, I'm going to bloody listen." He nods decisively.

Kail Erron
2013-10-05, 09:37 PM
Tir

Your way to the source is uneventful. Oddly, none of the townsfolk seem to have noticed anything.

When you get to the source, you find 3 men near its epicenter. The essence is fading a little, but still strong near a single point past the three.

Everyone Else

As you all try to make sense of what just happened, A woman walks near, coming from the town.

Shadowz1797
2013-10-05, 09:44 PM
Michalis approaches the woman and in turn asks her if she had seen the haze that he and the others had

Gem_Knight
2013-10-05, 10:33 PM
Michalis approaches the woman and in turn asks her if she had seen the haze that he and the others had

"Is that how you experience it? Yes, I was following remnant energy from some dark entity." She nods. "So you were following it as well?"

Shadowz1797
2013-10-05, 10:41 PM
"Yes, I was out in the forest looking for Pokemon when suddenly I noticed a dark haze back towards the town. I got back as quick as I could which is where I ran into Emilio and Cenric here. Do you have any idea what it was?"

Gem_Knight
2013-10-05, 11:06 PM
"Nothing as precise as I'd like, my best estimate is a powerful Dark pokemon has come and done." She explains. Then relaxes a tad bit having been somewhat introduced. "My name is Tir, and yourself?"

Shadowz1797
2013-10-05, 11:21 PM
"Well met Tir, I am Michalis. A dark pokemon, interesting theory. I wonder if anyone else back at town had seen anything to do with this. Would you care to come investigate with me?"

Tempest Kitsune
2013-10-05, 11:40 PM
Emilio clears his throat meaningfully. "Name's Emilio miss. And if that was a Dark-type..." His eyes widen comically before he facepalms. "You know, when I said 'Darkrai take me' earlier this mornin, I didn't mean that literally!"

gman391
2013-10-06, 12:08 AM
"I am Cenric, and I don't think that was Darkrai...the servant of Arceus seeks souls to ferry to his lord. Not talk to some young people who met by chance."

Cenric fiddles a bit with his collar.

Tempest Kitsune
2013-10-06, 09:09 PM
Emilio shrugs. "Whether he was or not, he was a being of power with a message, and a warning. And I intend to heed them for now." He looks around the group. "He said to me that 'tonight, everything changes' and to beware summat. Now, I was only headed to the Conclave to sign up wi' em and see about making some dosh, maybe catchin' one of the ghost-types that live in the forest. What about the rest of ya?"

Shadowz1797
2013-10-07, 06:05 AM
"I was going to investigate the town, but that figure did seem all too familiar and I have the feeling that we were the only ones who saw it. If everything is about to change, I would like to get as strong as possible before it does. The forest sounds like a great place to start Emilio, in fact I was headed over there before any of this happened!"

Gem_Knight
2013-10-07, 04:11 PM
"Strange, you say something left you a message? I as well, what exactly was it's message to you?" she asked Emelio

gman391
2013-10-07, 04:41 PM
Cenric looks a little awkward.
"I was going to the sea mostly to see it I guess. I didn't really have a plan in mind."

Tempest Kitsune
2013-10-07, 04:45 PM
Emilio thinks back for a moment, then recites "'I have no quarrel with you- but be wary- tonight, everything changes.' was what he said. Then he started indicatin' that ourselves were going to be involved in whatever's coming, whether we liked it or not. Then... he vanished." Emilio shrugs before turning to regard Cenric somewhat incredulously. "Never seen the sea?! Now that's a shame and a half that is. Nothing like it."

Gem_Knight
2013-10-08, 12:44 AM
"Hmm, the strange voice told me in my dreams I'd run into 3 other people he blessed and I'd need them as much as they would need me." Tir explained. "He was strangely... vibrant... excitable?" she shrugs not finding the word she wanted.

Tempest Kitsune
2013-10-08, 01:12 AM
Emilio eyes Tir strangely for a moment, before looking around the small group. "Show of hands, who else has had an odd visitor in their dreams last night?" He raises his own hand.

gman391
2013-10-08, 01:58 AM
"A dragon like figure who spoke to me of truth and the need to pursue it."
Regards Emilo for a moment.
"Serrin doesn't have an ocean I'm afraid."

Shadowz1797
2013-10-08, 06:02 AM
"A horse like figure was in my dreams last night. It told me that "You have honor." and that it could tell I was "A hero of sorts. It’s not my strength, but I can tell you’ve been through a lot." Strange, we've all had these dreams........Light help me, I can't keep thinking this is still a coincidence."

Tempest Kitsune
2013-10-08, 01:52 PM
Emilio nods and recites: "'I am the strength of kings. I am the hope of peasants. I hold back and lead to the end. I am willpower itself.' Is what it told me. Strange looking creature, two tails, and a head that seemed too large for it's body. And no, I can't say I believe this is a coincidence at all." He gives Cenric a sharp smile, "Well then you're in luck, if we're supposed to be traveling together you'll get to see much of the sea, perhaps all five of the Great Oceans in the end." His expression turns serious. "But the more immediate concern is how we're going to be settin ourselves up for whatever this change is that our dark friend warned us of. He said it would happen tonight. That gives us some time at least."

Shadowz1797
2013-10-08, 05:20 PM
"Well, I see a couple of options. We could go to the forest and capture some more companions and strengthen ours to get ready for what could be a physical challenge or change. Or we could maybe go to town and see about any information we could gather there, maybe someone could interpret our dreams to an extent and tell us what might be changing?

Tempest Kitsune
2013-10-08, 05:36 PM
Emilio considers the possibilities. "I personally would like to get at least one new mon. But I don't think it's a good idea to be spreading news of these dreams around. Might garner interest from the wrong types, if you know what I mean. And if there's time left before the night hits... I'd still like to sign on with the Conclave."

Shadowz1797
2013-10-08, 05:56 PM
"Yes I too would like to capture another pokemon before the trial that surely awaits us--whatever it is."

gman391
2013-10-08, 07:04 PM
"I would prefer to train myself. Kelly is a good friend, but if we need strength to come then better to strengthen ourselves." Cenric says after a moment.

Tempest Kitsune
2013-10-08, 07:12 PM
Emilio wavers one hand from side to side. "There's benefits to both sides. Gettin a new team-member that has strengths that your current partners don't makes a... a force multiplier, that's what it's called. And I'm thinking that lookin' for new mon can also be a good chance to simply train if you feel like it. 'Sides, more eyes means more chances to spot training opportunities or possible new partners."

Shadowz1797
2013-10-08, 07:27 PM
"My minds made up, Emilio if you don't mind I'd like to venture with you to the forest."

Tempest Kitsune
2013-10-08, 07:32 PM
Emilio nods, but looks to the other two curiously. "Sounds like a plan, but what about the two of you?"

Gem_Knight
2013-10-08, 08:00 PM
"The Forest sounds more than ample to me as my original reason for leaving my homelands in the first place was to train. More partners and an expanded repertoire is also an important part of training. I wish to accompany you as well. As to my dream visitor, he appears not to have taken the same form for each of us- if he indeed was the same spirit or aspect. What came to me was a vibrant and exuberant dragon- with almost a child-like whimsy, you said it came to you as a two-tailed figure with an oversized head," she glanced at Emilio. She adjusts her cloak to make sure it's still secure. "But I do agree some sort of trail is likely, but I do not fear it- for the Dragon told me he blessed each of us with the Rune of Victory." She pauses and smirks, "Not that that excuses us from making ourselves more worthy along the way."

Tempest Kitsune
2013-10-08, 08:11 PM
Emilio raises an eyebrow. "Riiiiight." He turns to Cenric. "And you?"

gman391
2013-10-08, 08:14 PM
"Arceus guides us as the Church teaches, if we are guided to the forest, then we are. I can train as well there as anywhere else." Cenric nods finishing his statement as if confirming his reasoning to himself.

Kail Erron
2013-10-08, 08:19 PM
Could everyone roll for Lore? I'm guessing that's the relevant "skill" for knowledge of the local area. 1d20+INT, I think? In addition to any other posts you want to make.

Tempest Kitsune
2013-10-08, 08:24 PM
Emilio shoulders his bag again and nods. "Welp, to the woods then."

Tempest Kitsune
2013-10-08, 08:27 PM
Rolling Lore: [roll0]

gman391
2013-10-08, 08:31 PM
Alright
[roll0]

Shadowz1797
2013-10-08, 09:01 PM
dat lore roll: [roll0]

Kail Erron
2013-10-10, 05:48 PM
Carry on IC, y'all.

The rural area you all are in is surrounded on three sides by the waters of the Stormwrack, home of a powerful water dragon. Luckily, this far out and close to shore, storms mostly just roll in during the rainy season.
The great forest is to the northeast. The forest itself is divided into many regions of its own; but, as you all are on the Skirts, you don't have to worry about that sort of thing. The Skirts are home to a multitude of grass and forest pokemon, and the small creek that feeds into the shore just southeast occasionally swarms with water types.

Landmarks and Important Areas

Stormbreak Bluff- The coastline here is rocky and harsh, but the cool to warm waters are just as good as any for fishing and battling.

Skirts SE- Southeastern outskirts of the great forest.

Scelta-Small rural community. While not large, they have an unusual number of foreigners, and are tolerant of Symbol Magic to some extent.

...Since I can't draw a map...:smallredface:

Tempest Kitsune
2013-10-10, 06:02 PM
"Well then folks, shall we head for the Skirts then? A forest mon sounds like just what the doctor ordered to fill out my team." With that, Emilio will turn towards the South-East, and head towards the trees in the distance at a smart pace.

Shadowz1797
2013-10-10, 07:29 PM
"I will head to the skirts with you Emilio, it seems to be in my best interests at least. And a traveling companion is always welcome as far as I'm concerned." Says Michalis, with a grin on his face towards Emilio.

gman391
2013-10-11, 12:52 AM
"Not the best for training Kelly, but I guess, that Alfred might like to play. Needs to stretch his legs anyhow." Cenric agrees.

Kail Erron
2013-10-12, 06:54 PM
Sorry, was waiting for Gem.

All

So that's a plan. It's midmorning right now- you have plenty of time to work with and train, even accounting for travel. With that in mind, you can head out at any time.

Tempest Kitsune
2013-10-12, 08:18 PM
So, the group heads off for the Skirts. Emilio is keeping a weather eye out for any interesting looking green pokemon. Most grass-types have some green on them, right?

gman391
2013-10-12, 08:34 PM
Cenric picks up Kelly and returns her to her acorn and releases a black dog pokemon with white stripes and a little skull cap. He too begins looking around for a pokemon to challenge.

Kail Erron
2013-10-14, 12:43 PM
Sorry for the delay- I was sick. Perception checks, everyone.

gman391
2013-10-14, 04:14 PM
Perception [roll0]

Tempest Kitsune
2013-10-14, 06:18 PM
Emilio is keeping an eye out.
Perception: [roll0]

Gem_Knight
2013-10-14, 07:14 PM
Perception? [roll0] ((Assuming Wis like D&D?))

Edit* 0.0; wow aren't we an attentive lot >.<;

Shadowz1797
2013-10-16, 05:27 PM
Sorry was visiting my bro at college

Perception check:

[roll0]

Kail Erron
2013-10-17, 01:36 PM
Perception-Party

The blueish skies are turning a faint gray as clouds start to roll in. As you all travel, things seem pretty peaceful, post weird-shadow-dude appearance. As you start to near the forest, you see nothing particularly threatening.
However, you can see a young woman, in farmer's clothes, bellowing into the woods.
"Well, don't come back, then! See if I care, you piece of... AGH!" She kicks up a clod of dirt. A timid looking Lillipup sits on its haunches next to her, nervously edging away from what seems to be its master.

Tempest Kitsune
2013-10-17, 01:50 PM
Emilio walks up. "Something wrong miss?"

Kail Erron
2013-10-17, 02:05 PM
Party
The young woman starts, apparently not expecting company.
"Oh! Oh... um, you folks saw that?" She gives an embarrassed kind of grimace.

Tempest Kitsune
2013-10-17, 02:08 PM
"Kind of hard not to, you were a bit loud. What's going on exactly?" He's doing his best to look interested.

Kail Erron
2013-10-17, 02:28 PM
Party
The young woman coughs. She regains her...composure, as it were, after a second, glaring into the woods.
"I'm Marel. My family owns a farm back in town."
She gestures at the little dog at her side. "That's Lily."
She points into the woods.
"A bunch of my family's pokemon ran off just now, while I was training Lily.
See, my family was countin' on me to look after some of our Mareep flock. I figgered they'd stay put, y'know? And I was keepin' watch, honest! I don't know what happened, but all of a sudden something spooked them enough that they just pealed off. I didn't see anything, neither!"
She shivers for a minute. "Maybe it was a ghost... anyway, I don't know what to do. I may bluster, but... if I don't get those critters back home fast, I'll be in serious trouble. Not t'mention, the poor things prolly can't fend for themselves out there."

Tempest Kitsune
2013-10-17, 02:38 PM
Emilio cups his chin between his thumb and forefinger, considering, before turning to the others. "So, we're planning on going into the forest anyway. Perhaps offer her some help?"

gman391
2013-10-17, 04:36 PM
"If you are willing Miss Marel, I will look for your sheep." Cenric says a second behind Emilo.

Kail Erron
2013-10-17, 06:38 PM
Party
"Wow, really?" Marel says, seeming to relax a little. "That would be a huge help!"
Her companion barks in agreement, as Marel glances behind her into the woods.
"I did a quick count of my flock- there ought t'be 5 Mareep in the forest. They couldn't have gotten too far off." She does a quick count on her fingers, as if to make sure her count is correct. Then, she adds, "Plus, they're tame, all of them- um, except one. She's a fighter, she is."

Shadowz1797
2013-10-17, 07:45 PM
"I'd be glad to help ma'am, do you guys suggest we split up to cover more ground?"

Tempest Kitsune
2013-10-17, 08:35 PM
Emilio shakes his head. "Herd pokemon tend to stay in groups. Especially if there's one that's stronger than the others to lead them and protect them. Besides, the more of us there are, the better prepared we'll be in case something decides we look tasty, or there's predators after the Mareep."

Kail Erron
2013-10-18, 08:02 PM
Party

Marel looks at you all owlishly. "Wow. You guys are professionals, aren't you? We don't get many around here."
Then, she smiles. "I'm glad y'all blew into town. I can't offer much by way of a money reward, but I'm sure my family and I could spare you some supplies and a place to sleep for the night."

gman391
2013-10-18, 08:34 PM
"Split into groups of two we should be able to watch each other's backs and cover more ground that way."
Turning to Marell
"Thank you, that is more than enough for me. Truthfully I would do it without being rewarded."

Tempest Kitsune
2013-10-18, 09:10 PM
Emilio smiles a little nervously. "Professional" means something a little different to him than it does to Marel, but he gets it under control. and looks to the others. "I'm not sure splitting up is a good idea. Five Electric types would be hard to handle even for two people, and if we split up we'd have a hard time keeping in touch and letting the other group know what's happening. I've got one flying type, but he doesn't know you all from Adam and he doesn't know the terrain either, so he won't be of much use as a go-between."

Kail Erron
2013-10-18, 10:28 PM
Party
Marel looks worriedly into the woods. "You folks seem pretty tough. I've been hearing some rumors about the woods, though, lately." She shivers. Her pokemon gives a soft whimper.

Tempest Kitsune
2013-10-18, 10:39 PM
Emilio pounces on that. "What kinds of sounds? And have you heard any rumors about their source?"

Kail Erron
2013-10-19, 03:06 PM
Party

Marel frowns a little.
"I haven't heard anything about sounds, sir. But I've heard that the forest ain't safe at night anymore. I've heard other farmers have lost livestock to the woods, too."

Tempest Kitsune
2013-10-19, 03:21 PM
Emilio turns to look at the others. "Yeah, if there's been an increase in predator activity lately, I say we all stick together." He turns back to Marel. "How long have they been gone, and what direction did they go in?"

Kail Erron
2013-10-19, 04:16 PM
Party
Oops. Edited this post to fix minor continuity error.

"My sheep ran off a little before the weather changed. I almost had them, but they ran into the woods. They were panickin' pretty bad- they were chargin' in a whole mess forward. They'd prolly be easy to track down, I reckon."

Shadowz1797
2013-10-19, 08:18 PM
"Standing around here isn't going to solve anything, I believe it's time to take action"

Tempest Kitsune
2013-10-19, 08:37 PM
Emilio nods. "Right, let's get a move on then. If any of you have mon that can track, now would be to time to bring em out."

gman391
2013-10-19, 10:21 PM
Cenric kneels down towards the Houndour
"Alright boy, I need you to help me find some Mareep okay?"
The dog yips in acknowledgement.

Shadowz1797
2013-10-20, 09:46 AM
Michalis whistles then says "Catria, we need your services. Go fly over the woods and see if you can spot any, OK?"

Gem_Knight
2013-10-22, 02:42 AM
"Capri," Tir sends out her Swablu, "You fly up as well and see if you spot the missing Mareep, if you see them find us, do not engage."

Tempest Kitsune
2013-10-22, 12:11 PM
Emilio holds his own mon in reserve, but follows along behind the others as they set out, keeping his eyes open and wary for any possible ambushes.

Kail Erron
2013-10-22, 05:01 PM
Party

Marel and Lily, unsure wether to follow or not, linger behind.

And with that, you take your first steps into the great forest. The sky begins to be blotted out by boughs and bundles of leaves, that form a light canopy. The sky has by now turned fully gray as clouds are omen to rain.
That hasn't stopped the forest Pokémon from doing their thing. Birds of several kinds whirl between trees, a few small animals of all kinds wait against rough bark, and a few grass types have tottered out to rest in the shafts of silver light from above. They all seem a little on edge- probably from the army of sheep that just pealed past.

Tempest Kitsune
2013-10-22, 05:16 PM
Emilio eyes the grass types with a gleam in his eye, but shakes his head. Better to do it on the way out than waste time on the way in.

Shadowz1797
2013-10-22, 07:38 PM
Michalis is also obviously excited by the prospect of recruiting a new pokemon for his party, but also quickly realizes that he doesn't want to veer off his current task.

Kail Erron
2013-10-22, 07:45 PM
Okay, then! Everyone who has a creature with the Tracker capability out, roll for your creature's tracking, and assume that Marel carried enough Mareep scent to work the skill. Trainers, roll 1d20+Int or Wis for Track.

Tempest Kitsune
2013-10-22, 07:49 PM
Attempting to track:
[roll0]

gman391
2013-10-22, 08:13 PM
[roll0]
I am not a clever man but fortunately my Dog is

Kail Erron
2013-10-25, 07:53 PM
Party
11/17 Tir
20 Emilio
14 Cenric
No roll from Michalis

As you enter the woods, Cenric's mon seems to catch the scent, taking point as it searches. The scent trail seems to be leading deeper into the forest, scattered like an ember cone. Emilio's Spot supports this, as a swath of smashed up undergrowth leads ahead like a bloody beacon. Tir spots a few twists of wool snagged in the bramble.
They veered off the path, but remained going forward.

Tempest Kitsune
2013-10-25, 07:56 PM
Emilio trots to keep pace with the tiny hellhound, Firestorm's pokeball in one hand, the other on the hilt of his dagger.

gman391
2013-10-25, 09:26 PM
Cenric follows Alfred and feels glad he caught the little pup. His hands are loose but he seem otherwise ready for a fight.

Gem_Knight
2013-10-26, 02:40 PM
Tir points out the bits of fluff supporting their trail, and calls for Capri to get closer, more able to swoop in should they suddenly stumble across the missing Mareeps

Kail Erron
2013-10-26, 03:36 PM
[roll0]

Padding words so I can roll! Forum rules, I tell ya :D

Kail Erron
2013-10-26, 03:41 PM
As you follow the trail, you hear a rustling from some of the disturbed bushes.

gman391
2013-10-26, 05:09 PM
Cenric looks at the rustling sliding into what looks like a fighting stance.

Shadowz1797
2013-10-26, 05:36 PM
[roll0]
tracking roll or whatever it was. sorry for the wait guys

Tempest Kitsune
2013-10-26, 06:35 PM
Emilio zeroes in on the shaking bushes as well, but his stance is loose and doesn't seem to be dedicated to anything. He seems equally capable of attacking or fleeing as needed. There's a gleam in his eye though.

Gem_Knight
2013-10-27, 03:23 PM
Not wanting to jump the gun, Tir waves to Capri to come down, after which she asks her to fly back up and look on the other side of the bush and signal if it's a Mareep, if it isn't, to just come back again.

Kail Erron
2013-10-27, 04:53 PM
Tir
Capri flies off like you said. An alarmed chirp comes back from her, but she does't come back, instead hovering just past the bush.

Party
The bushes stop rustling, but you can hear the cries of a distressed animal coming from your upper right. Oddly, you also hear the sound of rustling grasses.

Shadowz1797
2013-10-27, 05:12 PM
Michalis whistles for Catria to come down and rest on his shoulder, he spurs Camus forwards and heads towards the distress call, and the noise of the rustling grass. He strokes Camus' mane, as if to calm him before the seemingly unavoidable encounter.

Tempest Kitsune
2013-10-28, 02:47 AM
Emilio heads towards the sounds as well, moving at a fast trot.

Gem_Knight
2013-10-31, 03:50 PM
"Well, must be the Mareep over there- but sounds like a battle already- CAPRI- GROWL at as many targets that aren't us as you can!" She commands while following the group.

Kail Erron
2013-10-31, 07:49 PM
Open Combat!
Combat time is on!
Surprise Round! Party and their pokemon have the first turn!

Catria unleashes her growl as the party busts into a small clearing. The birdlike creature sounds surprisingly intimidating.
You and your party startle a small group of grass pokemon, who have a yellow-and-blue sheep surrounded. 2 appear to be floating seeds or kernels of some kind, with a kind of perpetual goofy expression. The other two look like walking radishes.
"Sunk!" One of the seeds cries out as you all appear. The poor sheep seems terrified out of its wits, its eyes darting wildly between you all and the wilds. It's left foreleg sticks out at an unnatural angle. While nothing life threatening, the small animal is in no shape to defend itself.

Catria: Growl connects, dropping all 5 creatures by 1 attack stage.

gman391
2013-10-31, 08:38 PM
Cenric looks at Alfred and nods
"Alfred use Ember on the floaters"

The young pup opens with a gout of flame from his throat
[roll0]

if hit

[roll1]

Kail Erron
2013-10-31, 08:48 PM
Combat: Surprise Round Continues
A swirling stream of cherry-red flames connects with one of the floating seed monsters, scorching it. It cries out again as it falls, whatever strange magic holding it afloat failing. It bounces into a tree with a satisfying smack.

KO!

Tempest Kitsune
2013-10-31, 08:56 PM
Emilio quickly lets loose one of his mon. "Firestorm, time to shine!" The charmander that he releases is... odd though. Instead of smooth skin is has faintly raised scales, and both its teeth and the nails on the tips of its paws are longer and sharper looking than one would have thought such a species would normally possess. He shakes his head to get rid of the dizziness from being released from his pokeball, before his eyes light on the grass-types. His pupils contract into slits and a low growl begins to build in his throat.

Gem_Knight
2013-10-31, 09:06 PM
Dunno if Capri's growl counts as her part of the surprise attack- but assuming yes, Tir will move in and activate Wind! her Primivalist trainer power to Twister one of the radish looking mons.

to hit [roll0] {Accuracy 2} Target Flinches on 18-20
Damage [roll1]

Shadowz1797
2013-11-01, 05:25 PM
Michalis whistles and points down at the radish-looking creature, furthest to the right, "Catria, use Gust!"

[roll0]

"if hits"

[roll1]

Kail Erron
2013-11-03, 07:39 PM
Twister connects for 15 Damage VS Oddish 1
Catria's Gust connects for 16 Damage VS Oddish 2
Emilio's Mon will be able to move at the start of next round.

Tir's twister smashes the left radish hard, buffeting it in its current. It manages to hold on, though it seems to have taken good damage. Catria's Gust tears at the other monster, sending it's leafy "hair" back. It too manages to stay up.
With that, all 3 remaining monsters are aware of the party, and seemingly ready themselves to fight.

Gem_Knight
2013-11-05, 02:55 AM
Tir reaches into her belt and pulls out one of her basic apricot balls, she looks at the strange grass creature she hit with her twister and reaches back to throw.

[roll0]

"Capri, Peck one of the smaller seed ones!"

To Hit [roll1]

Damage if hits [roll2]
{This is a flying type move, if target is grass it should take double damage}

Kail Erron
2013-11-05, 08:10 AM
I think Capture checks are made with a d100+5 roll (Assuming you're using a standard Pokéball.)

Tempest Kitsune
2013-11-05, 10:43 AM
Yeah, they are. And since we've gotten through the surprise round, we need to post speeds for our trainers and mon to get initiative in order before you do anything Gem. A trainer's speed is their Dex score.

Emilio: 14
Firestorm: 10

Shadowz1797
2013-11-05, 05:31 PM
Michalis:12
Catria:5

gman391
2013-11-05, 07:38 PM
Cenric :14

Alfred: 10

Gem_Knight
2013-11-05, 09:32 PM
Tir: 10
Capri: 5

Kail Erron
2013-12-01, 07:22 PM
Turn Order
Seed with 20
Emilio OR Cenric, both with DEX 13 and rolls of 14
Michalis 12
Firestorm, Alfred, Tir with 10 each (I think they go in that order, then, speed-wise.)
Capri and Catria with 5 each (So i think that's Catria then Capri.)
Radish 1 with 2
Radish 2 with 1

Tir's ball smacks into the radish like monster, red runes along its smooth wood form flaring with light. The monster has time to look worried as the ball's light envelops it.

Capture roll: Being treated as a 100

The light fades from around the ball, and it begins to shake. The red lights along its top flicker and pulse as the magic struggles to contain the monster's essence. Unfortunately, the lights wink out and the creature frees itself in an explosion of reddish energy.

Kail Erron
2013-12-01, 07:23 PM
Enemy Turn Rolls
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Kail Erron
2014-01-11, 09:03 PM
All right.
Could everyone post speed ratings?

Kail Erron
2014-01-13, 08:41 PM
Sorry about redundant speeds, I'm still getting back into working this.
Turn Order
Cenric
Camus
Alfred/Tir
Seed
Capri
Radish
Catria
Radish

Kail Erron
2014-01-15, 10:12 PM
All right, that should do it for housekeeping stuff, for now.
Open Combat

The Mareep shivers and its legs twitch as it tries to get up. It's too badly hurt, though, and slumps back against the tree. It leaves a small red smear on the rough bark.

gman391
2014-01-17, 06:07 AM
"Alfred use Ember on the nearest one." Cenric orders. Even as he moves towards the Mareep.
[roll0] (Accuracy check must beat 2)

(Damage if hit)
[roll1]

Kail Erron
2014-01-18, 11:29 PM
The spiralling cone of flame blasts at the nearest radish! It has time to panic before the fire engulfs it. Sizzles rise from the defeated monster as it flies back, striking a tree.

KO!

It twitches weakly before fainting.

Shadowz1797
2014-01-19, 09:01 AM
"Camus, It's time to use tackle on that other radish." Michalis says, pointing at the remaning radish.

[roll0] for hit (must be better than 3)

[roll1] for damage

Kail Erron
2014-01-19, 11:46 AM
"Camus, It's time to use tackle on that other radish." Michalis says, pointing at the remaning radish.

[roll0] for hit (must be better than 3)

[roll1] for damage

Your mon slams into the radish with a leafy smack. The damage it took from Tir's magic earlier combined with the blow is too much for the plant. The impact sends it rolling away into the bushes, unable to get up.

KO!

Gem_Knight
2014-01-19, 04:09 PM
Tri will try again to catch the radish she tried before.

[roll0]

and then orders Capri to hit whatever enemy target is still available if any >.>

[roll1] accuracy check

[roll]1d12+10[roll] Damage