PDA

View Full Version : Hourglass City

excessit
2013-10-01, 07:07 AM
Hi everyone! I'm a hobbyist venturing into the field of webcomics with a little project called Hourglass City (www.hourglasscity.net).

Hourglass City is a science fiction story set in an underground colony on Mars. I'll update weekly or bi-weekly, still deciding. Any feedback is appreciated, especially on formatting and other site issues since I'm still building the website (and I'm terrible at it).

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoy it!

Neoriceisgood
2013-10-01, 07:15 AM
Not a lot of pages to read yet!

That's quite the odd vehicle the protagonist girl is riding on the cover page. :smallsmile:

excessit
2013-10-01, 07:26 AM
Not a lot of pages to read yet!

That's quite the odd vehicle the protagonist girl is riding on the cover page. :smallsmile:
I know, I'm just a little impatient to share :D it's also helping me work at a faster pace to get new pages done quick. What I really want to look for is rookie mistakes I might not be aware of, I want to get rid of these things ASAP and focus entirely on the comic.

All I've gathered so far is that dammit, it's hard work.

Your own comic on the other hand is stunning! I love pixel art.

Neoriceisgood
2013-10-01, 07:58 AM
Your own comic on the other hand is stunning! I love pixel art.

Thank you. :smallredface:

I know, I'm just a little impatient to share :D it's also helping me work at a faster pace to get new pages done quick. What I really want to look for is rookie mistakes I might not be aware of, I want to get rid of these things ASAP and focus entirely on the comic.

All I've gathered so far is that dammit, it's hard work.

Well what sort of feedback are you looking for? art, writing, character design?
Or flat out everything?

I can't say much about the writing aside from personal dislikes right now, but I can comment on the art a bit if you'd like me to do so. :smallsmile:

excessit
2013-10-01, 08:04 AM
Thank you. :smallredface:

Well what sort of feedback are you looking for? art, writing, character design?
Or flat out everything?

I can't say much about the writing aside from personal dislikes right now, but I can comment on the art a bit if you'd like me to do so. :smallsmile:
Whatever comes is good. Especially on the readability side since I want the comic to be comfortable to read first and foremost (I can get better at art but if my lettering is a pain to read that makes it pointless).