PDA

View Full Version : How to roleplay as a mount?

CyberThread
2013-10-01, 09:10 AM
So this is just a general question, but how could you get access to being able to roleplay as a mount, without wildshape/polymorphing it?

WebTiefling
2013-10-01, 09:19 AM
So this is just a general question, but how could you get access to being able to roleplay as a mount, without wildshape/polymorphing it?

You are an awakened horse/riding dog.

Unicorn. Griffin, but a smart one because of a magical doodad of Int +4.

Play a monster.

Vaz
2013-10-01, 10:46 AM
Be a Human. Hire a load of web enhancement Kobolds with the Mounted Combat feat to count as Tiny and ride on you. Give them all the Ride Boosting bonuses possible.

Act as normal, but with a load of additional ablative shields.

Red Fel
2013-10-01, 10:53 AM
I think it depends on the mount, doesn't it?

And I'm terrified to ask, because I'm worried I already know the answer, but I must: What kind of mount were you considering playing?

Blackjackg
2013-10-01, 10:59 AM
Races of the Wild has a monster class for Centaurs. Savage Species also had one for a Griffon. Problem is they don't hit Large size until 6th and 10th level, respectively, so you can't be a mount for Medium creatures right off the bat.

Captnq
2013-10-01, 11:03 AM
Savage Species p 215.
Play an Anthropomorphic Camel.
Call Yourself Joe Camel.
Try to get children to start smoking.
Swear to god your nose isn't actually a penis.

SoraWolf7
2013-10-01, 11:30 AM
I've seen someone play a Unicorn Mount for a Druid in a campaign, and the mount bit was more of a cultural rite and custom than anything. He also was being a Unicorn Monk/Wizard using his hooves for Unarmed Strike. And he also roleplayed the problems of not having hands. Never forget that unless you're a centaur and you're considering being a more 'traditional' mount for a medium creature, you probably won't have hands.