PDA

View Full Version : Weight of the books / Brazil shipping

Turin_19
2013-10-01, 10:04 AM
Hello everyone,

I was wondering, does anyone know the average weight of OOTS books?

I've been planning to buy them for a long time already, but I don't ever know if it will be ok, if it's easy for any friend going to USA to bring them, etc.

Of course, I wanted to buy them all at once. You know, to make it easy to be brought.

And an additional comment: has anyone from Brazil bought it? Or does anyone know if there's a reseller in Brazil?

Thanks,

Aron Times
2013-10-01, 10:55 AM
I can't find the weight of the OotS books online (so far), but here's how much shipping costs:

http://www.ookoodook.com/store/ShippingQuestions.shtml

I'm guessing you're going to get the flat-rate box since you're buying them all at once, so it'll cost you a pretty penny.

amanamana
2013-10-01, 11:00 AM
Hey, man.

I bought both the prequel books and got them shipped to Campo Grande, Mato Grosso do Sul, a few years ago. Of course, they're both slim books, so the weight was negligible. It arrived pretty fast, with no damage.

I don't quite remember if I bought them on Paizo or Ookoodook, as it has already been a few years, but it was a safe buy. I don't believe there's a reseller anywhere around though.

Cheers.

Roland Itiative
2013-10-01, 11:17 AM
I bought all of them from Ookoodook (not at once, but two or three at a time), no problems with the shipping. While I can't say how much they weight, I'll say the whole collection is very unwieldy for a friend to carry on his luggage.

As for a Brazilian reseller... I didn't find any back when I bought my first books (around 2009~2010).

Copperdragon
2013-10-01, 11:21 AM
The flat rate box seems much but conidering so far I have paid more in the four (or five?) separate shippings to Europe over the time... it's not looking that much anymore.

hagnat
2013-10-01, 12:31 PM
if you buy all books at once it can get somehow heavy, specially the later volumes
i bought them during the kickstarter last year, and they arrived nicely here in São Paulo

amazon has them for sale (used) and provides their shipping weight for each book

-2: snips, snails & dragon tales = 387 grams*
-1: start of darkness = 458 grams
0 : on the origin of pcs = 158 grams
1: dungeon crawling fools = 544 grams
2: no cure for the paladin blues = 830 grams*
3: war and xp = 998 grams
4 : dont split the party = 952 grams

* i couldn't find these two volumes on amazon, but averaging the weight/page ratio of all other volumes (3.46 grams/page) and multiplying it by the number of pages in them (112 pages for volume -2, 240 pages for volume 2) we can estimate their shipping weight

Turin_19
2013-10-01, 01:18 PM
Thanks everyone for the thoughts!

Brazil really needs a reseller!

Thanks!

Ubab
2013-10-01, 01:26 PM
I'm too looking for that.

I'm from Rio de Janeiro, and want to buy SSnDT and one of OotPC or SoD.

Many thanks!

amanamana
2013-10-01, 02:20 PM
I'm too looking for that.

I'm from Rio de Janeiro, and want to buy SSnDT and one of OotPC or SoD.

Many thanks!

If I may give my 2 copper pieces, you should buy OotPC and SoD... get SSnDT later. The first two are the actual prequels and they really work well together.

SoD is a blast, and to really enjoy it throughout you should read OotPC first.

cheers.

SaintRidley
2013-10-01, 03:00 PM
If I may give my 2 copper pieces, you should buy OotPC and SoD... get SSnDT later. The first two are the actual prequels and they really work well together.

SoD is a blast, and to really enjoy it throughout you should read OotPC first.

cheers.

Counterpoint - when SSaDT runs out there won't be a chance to buy it again. It's a one print-run book.

Ubab
2013-10-01, 03:21 PM
Counterpoint - when SSaDT runs out there won't be a chance to buy it again. It's a one print-run book.

That's my point. SSaDT will run out, the other no. So I take this first.

Taking amanamana comment in thinking, I should go for OotPC and SSaDT in the first package.

Many thanks!

JoseB
2013-10-01, 03:31 PM
That's my point. SSaDT will run out, the other no. So I take this first.

Taking amanamana comment in thinking, I should go for OotPC and SSaDT in the first package.

Many thanks!

Just my 2 eurocent: You guys in Brazil might try and consider doing what some of my friends in Spain did -- they made a single order with everything they wanted and had it sent to one guy's address, sharing shipping costs. That guy then distributed everything among the people who bought stuff.

Just something to think about! Maybe it would be worth trying.

JoseB

Vinsfeld
2013-10-01, 03:54 PM
I'm from Brazil too. I'm not sure about the weight, but I've been ordering my books in pairs. 2 of them comes on a single envelope (although, if you order the large ones I'm not sure).

I didn't have any problem with them. They arrived right on schedule. They all arrived nicely here in Natal (RN).

hagnat
2013-10-01, 04:18 PM
Just my 2 eurocent: You guys in Brazil might try and consider doing what some of my friends in Spain did -- they made a single order with everything they wanted and had it sent to one guy's address, sharing shipping costs. That guy then distributed everything among the people who bought stuff.

JoseB

its an excelent idea in order to pay the flat shipping fee from Ookoodook, but OotS fans willing to pay for the books are not that common around here :/

i know only a handful of them, and we all live in separate states
i dont know if our national courier fees for books that heavy wouldnt nullify any advanges of one big international shippment + several national shippments

Boogastreehouse
2013-10-01, 07:53 PM
I think it looks nice with some space

If you're in Brazil, just get it off Amazon.
Stupid joke!

I think it looks nice with some space

Cerussite
2013-10-01, 09:27 PM

JoseB

If only the country weren't so big. :(

Vinsfeld
2013-10-01, 09:49 PM
If only the country weren't so big. :(

Just what I thought

zero
2013-10-01, 10:07 PM
I had the Kickstarter "full collor" package delivered to São Paulo without problem.

Then, my order of "Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tales" got terribly delayed. I got it... eventually (2 months late).

amanamana
2013-10-03, 10:34 AM

That's a really great point. I did not actually took notice on this on the book's announcement. I should probably try to grab my copy of it, then.

I'm always pondering on buying the compilation books, but I really would like to wait to the end of the series and a possible "collector's box". I would really like to have one of those on a shelf...

cheers.

Luizeu
2013-10-03, 10:43 AM
I got 3 of the books from the kickstart rewards, the others I bought from Ook. They were sent to brasilia, no problems