PDA

View Full Version : odd campaign idea/premise

Immabozo
2013-10-01, 12:42 PM
So I have some players who want to play the silly campaign, so I am thinking about setting it up for them. But I had a thought. Perhaps instead of experience for killing things, or for killing many of them, experience is given for how you kill them.

Like a Frenzied Berzerker, Supreme Cleaving half of a 200,000 man army in one round will earn you some experience. But a thief reverse pickpockets mechanical wail of the banshee spells into each person's packs while they sleep with a trigger of flatulence and then spiking their breakfast with a fart potion, will earn you a ton of experience.

Thoughts?

Red Fel
2013-10-01, 12:49 PM
So, basically, style points?

Tegannie
2013-10-01, 02:05 PM
Depends on your players.

Do all of them like to come up with crazy/clever ideas? Do they like the idea of getting extra experience for it? Then I say go for it.

Do you have at least one player who is shy/not as good as coming up with crazy/clever ideas? If so, I'd be a little more hesitant about your idea.

I personally, as a player, tend to be shy and rarely come up with any crazy ideas. Therefore, I would hate playing in a game that gives huge XP rewards for doing so. Small "RP" or "style" points I probably wouldn't mind too much, though. (example: I'm in a game where one character is playing a steampunk Deadpool. The player plays him very, very well, and tends to come up with great ideas. The DM rewards him for this, but not so much that he gets far ahead in experience.)

In short, talk to your players, see if they like this idea. (It sounds to me like they would)

Immabozo
2013-10-01, 02:35 PM
Depends on your players.

Do all of them like to come up with crazy/clever ideas? Do they like the idea of getting extra experience for it? Then I say go for it.

Do you have at least one player who is shy/not as good as coming up with crazy/clever ideas? If so, I'd be a little more hesitant about your idea.

I personally, as a player, tend to be shy and rarely come up with any crazy ideas. Therefore, I would hate playing in a game that gives huge XP rewards for doing so. Small "RP" or "style" points I probably wouldn't mind too much, though. (example: I'm in a game where one character is playing a steampunk Deadpool. The player plays him very, very well, and tends to come up with great ideas. The DM rewards him for this, but not so much that he gets far ahead in experience.)

In short, talk to your players, see if they like this idea. (It sounds to me like they would)

You guys have good points. two of my three players definitely do, and the third is really good about going along with the plan and has a lot of fun with it.