Instant Rage (CW)
Intimidating Rage (CW)
Mad Foam Rager (PhII)
Reckless Rage (RoS)
Stone Rage (RoS)
Wolverines Rage (CD)***not really

Muenster Man
2013-10-01, 03:28 PM
One interesting way would be to take proficiency with either a Bastard Sword, Dwarven Waraxe (Dwarves get it for free), or a Maul (CW, I think) and then prestige into an Exotic Weapons Master (CW also) so you can take Uncanny Blow. It allows you to add twice your strength modifier when wielding one of those weapons 2-handed instead of just 1.5x rounded down. Very useful for high strength builds, and it gets even better the higher your strength gets from sources like Rage.

Ruethgar
2013-10-01, 03:30 PM
Get the Passion Domain power to get 1 round/ cleric lvl per day of rage. It is not as powerful as normal rage, but it qualifies for many of the options and best of all it has no use limit. Extend Rage on 0 rounds of rage is 5 rounds of rage. Congrats, you are angry all the time.

A.A.King
2013-10-01, 03:35 PM
I'm guessing it's going to be between two things the Bear Warrior Prestige Class, which basically makes you a Bear-Hulk. Or the real "Hulk", the combination of Mountain Rage + War Hulk (if you have a DM which allows that). Depending on who you ask you get the benefits of the War Hulk levels from raging, because they only apply when you are large and you're only large when you're raging. Though that might not actually be maximizing rage per say.

A personal favourite of mine is 5 levels of Bear Warrior for the Brown Bear form and then War Hulk. War Hulking Bear-Hulk. Especially nice when you throw it on something small like a Gnome, or even better a Tibbit. "Look at the cute kitty cat getting all angry... oh crap it's a Large Raging Bear"

Azoth
2013-10-01, 03:41 PM
brash and berserking weapon enchantments are good weapon enchants for a rager.

CyberThread
2013-10-01, 03:46 PM
What am personally am going for is, a were-badger, and to take possible advantage of the unlimited reactionary rage.

A.A.King
2013-10-01, 04:01 PM
Well in that case you'll probably want the Intimidating Rage + Imperious Command + Never Outnumbered (Skill Trick) combo

Everytime you rage, you make an intimidation check against everyone within a certain radius and if they fail they become demoralized.

Psyren
2013-10-01, 07:30 PM
Well in that case you'll probably want the Intimidating Rage + Imperious Command + Never Outnumbered (Skill Trick) combo

Everytime you rage, you make an intimidation check against everyone within a certain radius and if they fail they become demoralized.

Then they all run away and you're trapped in rage forever

CyberThread
2013-10-01, 07:34 PM
woah what, since when does rage do that psyren? You can end it when you feel like.

eggynack
2013-10-01, 07:38 PM
woah what, since when does rage do that psyren? You can end it when you feel like.
It doesn't say that in the description of badgers. It says, "clawing and biting madly until either it or its opponent is dead." It also says, "The creature cannot end its rage voluntarily." It seems like you're stuck in a never-ending rage.

CyberThread
2013-10-01, 07:54 PM
Aww confusing my threads sorry

limejuicepowder
2013-10-01, 08:21 PM
It doesn't say that in the description of badgers. It says, "clawing and biting madly until either it or its opponent is dead." It also says, "The creature cannot end its rage voluntarily." It seems like you're stuck in a never-ending rage.

Wouldn't be the end of the world, actually. Rage isn't frenzy after all; you still wouldn't be compelled to attack party members, or boulders after all the party members are gone.

It would still make for some odd social interactions though, since you would be basically as mad as a (normal) person could get, continually.

eggynack
2013-10-01, 08:31 PM
Wouldn't be the end of the world, actually. Rage isn't frenzy after all; you still wouldn't be compelled to attack party members, or boulders after all the party members are gone.

It would still make for some odd social interactions though, since you would be basically as mad as a (normal) person could get, continually.
It's not the worst thing, but it's not exactly the best thing either. You probably don't have to actually scratch/scratch/bite everything that moves, but it might be impossible to interact with something without scratch/scratch/biting it. I can think of more than a few things that this would complicate.

A.A.King
2013-10-02, 03:06 AM
This is just me guessing from a logical point but can't you just end the rage by going back to human form? I would think that the Rage granted from Badger Lycantrophy only is a part of you when you are in half-badger form.

If not, you'd still only have to make sure that the guy who hurt you gets killed, everyone around you may flee. Though I find it weird that a badger would stay enraged after it's attacker has fled. If I would damage a lot of bagers in one turn and then teleport away, I would leave a lot of angry badgers enraged until the day I die?

But the easiest solution is to not take Imperious Command, everyone in a certain radius shaken in still a very nice addition to the raging.

eggynack
2013-10-02, 03:34 AM
This is just me guessing from a logical point but can't you just end the rage by going back to human form? I would think that the Rage granted from Badger Lycantrophy only is a part of you when you are in half-badger form.
Eh, it's kinda ambiguous. Is werebadger even a real thing, such that I can nitpick the specific wording of it to answer this question? In any case, I can't be sure which way it goes.

If not, you'd still only have to make sure that the guy who hurt you gets killed, everyone around you may flee. Though I find it weird that a badger would stay enraged after it's attacker has fled. If I would damage a lot of bagers in one turn and then teleport away, I would leave a lot of angry badgers enraged until the day I die?
Permanently angry badgers is just nature. Like the rising of the sun, or the healing provided by drowning, it's almost impossible to imagine a world where it isn't the case. I think it'd be vaguely interesting, albeit in a stupid way, to have a werebadger PC who has an attack by a guy who teleported away in his backstory. Now, you travel the earth, forced to gnaw and scratch at anything you touch, ever-driven to find the man who pissed you off so mightily. Will there ever be peace for the permanently raging werebadger?

TuggyNE
2013-10-02, 04:01 AM
Permanently angry badgers is just nature. Like the rising of the sun, or the healing provided by drowning, it's almost impossible to imagine a world where it isn't the case. I think it'd be vaguely interesting, albeit in a stupid way, to have a werebadger PC who has an attack by a guy who teleported away in his backstory. Now, you travel the earth, forced to gnaw and scratch at anything you touch, ever-driven to find the man who pissed you off so mightily. Will there ever be peace for the permanently raging werebadger?

You fordonegot your purple drama text!

Also, I lol'ed.

eggynack
2013-10-02, 04:02 AM
You fordonegot your purple drama text!

Also, I lol'ed.
I should go back and change it in this manner. It's been awhile since I've used it.

Edit: Yep, that works better. Now people will know that my words are suitably dramatic.

Radar
2013-10-02, 04:13 AM

If you add Instant Rage (i think, it was that feat), you will activate this fear effect during initiative rolls, so people will wet their pants just due to considering a fight with you. :smalltongue: If you rely on Intimidate, then there is an armor enchantment, which allows you to use this skill as a move action - quite useful, if you don't want to flick the rage switch all the time.

Aside from that, I think there were more varieties of stackable rage-like abilities then Rage and Frenzy, but I can't remember any of them.

A.A.King
2013-10-02, 10:38 AM
If you add Instant Rage (i think, it was that feat), you will activate this fear effect during initiative rolls, so people will wet their pants just due to considering a fight with you. :smalltongue: If you rely on Intimidate, then there is an armor enchantment, which allows you to use this skill as a move action - quite useful, if you don't want to flick the rage switch all the time.

Aside from that, I think there were more varieties of stackable rage-like abilities then Rage and Frenzy, but I can't remember any of them.

That doesn't work for (Were)badger rage, unlike Barbarian Rage you don't get to decide when to activate it, it activates when you're dealt damage.

Deca4531
2013-10-02, 11:01 AM
That doesn't work for (Were)badger rage, unlike Barbarian Rage you don't get to decide when to activate it, it activates when you're dealt damage.

punch yourself in the chest, it never said it had to be lethal dmg or had to come from an enemy.

i would like to point out this though

Festering Anger (disease): Festering Anger manifests as dark boils across the skin, and erupts after incubating for at least one fury-filled year. When it finally does, each day the afflicted suffers 1d3 Constitution damage, but gains a cumulative +2 enhancement bonus to strength. Also, the afflicted must make a daily DC 22 Will save or “be obsessed with taking actions against the focus of his anger.” While not completely heedless of danger, the afflicted will Lash Out at symbols, minions, or allies of whatever makes him mad if the focus itself is inaccessible.

Psyren
2013-10-02, 04:40 PM
punch yourself in the chest, it never said it had to be lethal dmg or had to come from an enemy.

Congratulations, now you have to claw and bite yourself madly until you are dead

CyberThread
2013-10-02, 04:47 PM
Negative energy claw attachment, tomb tainted soul , ...

It is like making out with yourself .

eggynack
2013-10-02, 04:59 PM
Negative energy claw attachment, tomb tainted soul , ...

It is like making out with yourself .
Yeah, but you're presumably locked into this death struggle with yourself for the rest of eternity. Healing yourself every round isn't all that much better than hurting yourself every round, at least when it comes to having an actual impact on combat. Honestly, this would be a much better plan if you just skipped the badger rage part entirely.

CyberThread
2013-10-02, 05:13 PM
Yeah, but you're presumably locked into this death struggle with yourself for the rest of eternity. Healing yourself every round isn't all that much better than hurting yourself every round, at least when it comes to having an actual impact on combat. Honestly, this would be a much better plan if you just skipped the badger rage part entirely.

Sounds like a greek tragedy

eggynack
2013-10-02, 05:17 PM
Sounds like a greek tragedy
Everything involving this badger ends up sounding like a Greek tragedy. He's just such a tragic figure, no matter what you do with him.

CyberThread
2013-10-02, 05:23 PM
Everything involving this badger ends up sounding like a Greek tragedy. He's just such a tragic figure, no matter what you do with him.

http://gifts.worldwildlife.org/gift-center/gifts/Species-Adoptions/Honey-Badger.aspx