PDA

View Full Version : Do you know this item?

Arael666
2013-10-02, 12:40 AM
The cleric in my group has this swod like weapon, it's seems like a force effect spell in the shape of a sword, but it's an item. It deals 2d8 force damage and he doesn't need to wield it (looks like a dancing sword) but it can attack something more than 200ft away.

He said it costed him more than 30k.

Does anyone know what is this item?

Ruethgar
2013-10-02, 01:18 AM
It may be a custom item of one of the dancing sword spells. I know there are several that give you swords and sword-like conjurations that fight with you throughout the various books. AFB atm, but perhaps you can look along those line.

Artillery
2013-10-02, 01:29 AM
It could be a custom magic item of continuous Sword of Deception.

That would cost 32k gp, but it would only do 1d8 of force damage. It would have stacking penalties to the targets next saving throw though.

Do you have any more details.
Its a weaponlike spell that does 2d8 force damage.
Has range medium (100+10*cl) for around 200ft.
Cost more than 30k gp. So custom magic item of a 4th level spell or higher.

Edit: Cleric, so it might be a weapon of continuous Spiritual Weapon with something else to up the damage from 1d8 to 2d8.

Arael666
2013-10-02, 01:29 AM
thanks, I'll look into that.

Arael666
2013-10-02, 01:33 AM
It could be a custom magic item of continuous Sword of Deception.

That would cost 32k gp, but it would only do 1d8 of force damage. It would have stacking penalties to the targets next saving throw though.

Do you have any more details.
Its a weaponlike spell that does 2d8 force damage.
Has range medium (100+10*cl) for around 200ft.
Cost more than 30k gp. So custom magic item of a 4th level spell or higher.

Sword of Deception seems to be what he did, and the 2d8 damage it's because his deity has fullblade as a favored weapon, so the DM may have allowed him to shape it like that, hence the damage.

I don't know more since he used it a single time, then the wizard killed me with a sudden maximized boiling burning blood

Artillery
2013-10-02, 01:43 AM
Sword of Deception seems to be what he did, and the 2d8 damage it's because his deity has fullblade as a favored weapon, so the DM may have allowed him to shape it like that, hence the damage.

I don't know more since he used it a single time, then the wizard killed me with a sudden maximized boiling burning blood

Alright, then it sounds like its instead an Item of continuous Spiritual Weapon, because the appearance is based of the deity's weapon of choice.

Isn't maximized Burning Blood just 16 dmg per round for rd/cl duration. With a fort save every round allowed. Seems like a case for Dispel.

Arael666
2013-10-02, 01:46 AM
Alright, then it sounds like its instead an Item of continuous Spiritual Weapon, because the appearance is based of the deity's weapon of choice.

.... I really don't know how I didn't see that before.

gorfnab
2013-10-02, 01:50 AM
Hammersphere (MIC)

Diarmuid
2013-10-02, 10:41 AM
Spiritual Weapon deals 1d8 + 1/3 levels damage.

The base damage does not change based on the deity's favored weapon, only the Crit Range and Crit Multiplier.

A weapon made of pure force springs into existence and attacks opponents at a distance, as you direct it, dealing 1d8 force damage per hit, +1 point per three caster levels (maximum +5 at 15th level). The weapon takes the shape of a weapon favored by your deity or a weapon with some spiritual significance or symbolism to you (see below) and has the same threat range and critical multipliers as a real weapon of its form.