PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Training Module

MookieRah
2013-10-02, 02:25 AM
I was wondering if there existed a module that was just designed to teach new players basic combat in Pathfinder. I was hoping to have this started up this week, but I've fallen behind with lots of unexpected work and it would help me out a good deal if I didn't have to make one from scratch.

JusticeZero
2013-10-02, 09:39 AM
Most people I know just do it by hand. Use a bunch of small weak enemies, plus a bigger one with a weapon that doesn't do much damage, but is good for maneuvers so that they can experience the boss tripping / disarming / whatever them. Flank the tank and beat him into stabilization range with Rogue 1 enemies that carry healing potions. Put ranged attackers behind a pike wall and see if, but leave lots someone charges into it. Be merciless but drop lots of healing so that they have can fix themselves between fights.

Ailowynn
2013-10-02, 09:56 AM
You could try the Beginner's Box adventure. Much simpler rules (so more of an introduction than a crash course, but it can still work).

Alefiend
2013-10-02, 10:39 AM
I have no personal experience with it, but We Be Goblins is supposed to be an excellent starter. It's a ton of fun, introduces the game mechanics (especially combat), and doesn't have to have any long-term consequences because you're using what are throwaway characters.