PDA

View Full Version : Messing with my dm (and character optimization)

DrGoomba
2013-10-02, 04:02 AM
This requires a bit of backstory in my current campaign our dm has to take a 3 month hiatus due to renaissance festival. Our broken gestalted scout rogue will be running a new game and i want to mess with his head a bit.

I was going to run an antrhomorphic giant squid werebear fighter but he shot that down now im going to run a gestalted antrhomorphic jaguar (leopard) ninja monk fighter rogue scout thing.

Heres my build as far as i have worked it out

Level 1 monk/ninja with asectic stalker
Level 2 rogue/fighter with martial stalker as the bonus feat
Level 3 rogue/scout with the roguescout feat
Leveling rogue and ninja the rest of the way

Any suggestions for added laughs and or optimization?

DarkSonic1337
2013-10-02, 04:44 AM
how is this "messing with his head" exactly?

jokeaccount
2013-10-02, 04:53 AM
"gestalted antrhomorphic jaguar (leopard) ninja monk fighter rogue scout thing" messed with mine at least

Evandar
2013-10-02, 05:06 AM
gestalted antrhomorphic jaguar (leopard) ninja monk fighter rogue scout thing.

I think I need an adult.

DrGoomba
2013-10-02, 08:03 AM
I decided i'm going to add tentacles to it for the lols. Now that i'm actually home i can explain my build a bit more.

Jaguar gives you 2 racial hit die which combine with a level 1 character gets you an extra feat. Assuming 2 flaws that puts you at 4 feats + the monk bonus feat + racial feats.

1st level Feats:
Aberration blood: tail +4 on balance (two tails ftw?)
Inhuman Reach (2 sets of double jointed elbows): extra 5 feet of reach
Deepspawn: 2 tentacles (protruding from waist)
Multiattack: -2 on secondary natural attacks (instead of -5)
Ascetic stalker: combine ninja and monk levels (partially)
Alertness: +2 spot and listen
Weapon Finesse: dex to attack

meh ill come back to finishing this later when i have more time and arent so lazy

Story
2013-10-02, 08:35 AM
Don't racial hit dice count as one side of the gestalt?

If you're getting hit dice for free, might as well do something silly like Protean.

herrhauptmann
2013-10-02, 11:48 AM
I think I need an adult.

I am an adult.

And yeah, RHD usually go on side of a gestalt. Without that rule, why not a grey ethergaunt? (I think that's what it is, absurd sorcerer casting. Or a phaerrim.)

DrGoomba
2013-10-03, 08:15 AM
While racial hit die should count against level and therefore be on one side of a gestalt my dm doesn't know how they work and i'm not going to be the one to info him. On a side note i'm not going for straight broken and anything that is obviously broken will automatically get vetoed. I'm looking for things that don't exactly make sense but work beautifully

The Insanity
2013-10-03, 10:21 AM
Don't be a cheaty jerk meanie-pants. It's not nice.